Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem
- The International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem, adopted by the General Conference of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2015 and celebrated annually on 26 July.
- It aims to raise awareness of the importance of mangrove ecosystems as “a unique, special and vulnerable ecosystem” and to promote solutions for their sustainable management, conservation and uses.
International Tiger Day
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July. It was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
- The aim to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and raise awareness among people on why tiger conservation must be supported.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Centre to convert ravines of Chambal region into arable land with World Bank help
- The Centre, in collaboration with the World Bank, has decided to convert monumental dwelling of ravines in Gwalior-Chambal belt of Madhya Pradesh into arable land.
- The decision was made through a virtual meeting with Adarsh Kumar, representative of the World Bank and Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Around 3 lakh hectares land of this region are non-cultivable, this conversion will improve and support the integrated development of the Bihad area in the region of Gwalior-Chambal.
About World Bank
- President– David Robert Malpass
- Headquarters– Washington, D.C., United States
- Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Minister of Rural Development: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
Govt notifies changes in FDI norms on civil aviation; permits NRIs to own 100% stake of Air India
- The government has notified changes in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) norms on civil aviation. It will permit non-resident Indian nationals to own 100 per cent stake of Air India.
- Last month, the government for the third time extended the deadline to bid for Air India. The deadline was extended by two months till August 31st. The divestment process for the national carrier was initiated on January 27th
About Air India:
- Headquarters: Delhi, India
- Chairman & MD: Rajiv Bansal
HRD Minister launches India Report on Digital Education, 2020
- Human Resources and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched India Report on Digital Education, 2020. The report elaborates on the innovative methods adopted by Ministry of HRD, Education Departments of States and Union Territories for ensuring accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps. School Education is envisaged as a comprehensive and convergent programme committed to universalize digital education across the wide spectrum of schools from pre-nursery to higher secondary classes.
- The quality digital education has acquired a new urgency in the present context of globalization. The Ministry stated, it has initiated many projects to assist teachers, scholars and students in their pursuit of learning like DIKSHA platform, Swayam Prabha TV Channel, On Air – Shiksha Vani, e-PathShala and telecast through TV channels.
- To ensure inclusive learning in remote areas where internet connectivity and electricity is poor, States and UTs have also distributed textbooks at children’s doorsteps. Digital education initiatives are also enabling enhanced support for students preparing for competitive exams.
About Ministry of Human Resource Development:
- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Haridwar
- Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India, Indonesia Defence Ministers’ Dialogue held in New Delhi
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh led the Indian delegation while the Indonesian delegation was led by their Defence Minister General Prabowo Subianto. Defence Ministers’ Dialogue between India and Indonesia was held in New Delhi.
- The dignitary is in India for strengthening the ties between the two maritime neighbours.
- During the talks, Mr Rajnath Singh reiterated the long history of mutually beneficial interactions between the two countries with a tradition of close political dialogue, economic and trade linkages as well as cultural and people to people interactions.
- Conveying satisfaction on the military to military interactions, the Minister indicated that the defence cooperation between India and Indonesia has witnessed an upswing in the recent years.
About Ministry Of Defence:
- Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Constituency: Lucknow
- Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State for Defence
- President: Joko Widodo
- Capital: Jakarta
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
India and EU renew Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for next 5 yrs till 2025
- India and European Union have renewed its Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for the next five years till 2025.
- This will expand the cooperation in scientific and technological research and strengthen the conduct of cooperative activities in areas of common interest and application of the results of such cooperation to their economic and social benefit.
- The Agreement was initially signed on 23rd November in 2001 and renewed two times in 2007 and 2015.
- In the last five years, the level of co-investment on India-EU Research Technology Development Projects for addressing societal challenges such as affordable health care, water, energy, food and nutrition. The cooperation has been focused on water, green transport, e-mobility, clean energy, bio-economy, health, and ICT.
About European Union:
- President of the Commission: Ursula von der Leyen
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SBI providing USD 16 million liquidity support for local businesses in Maldives
- The State Bank of India (SBI) is providing liquidity support of USD 16.20 million for local businesses and deferred loan repayment for over 200 retail accounts
- ‘India First’ policy of Maldives and ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy of India has set the foundation of the growing relationship.
- Assistance of USD 400 million through an extended currency swap arrangement has been made available already to tide over liquidity shortage.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Bharti AXA General Insurance Launches ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign For Farmers
- Bharti AXA General Insurance, one of the world’s largest insurance companies, has launched its crop insurance campaign – ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ – for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka to encourage them about their yield protection and financial security.
- The company has secured the mandate to insure Rs 800 crore worth insurance to the farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka for a period of three years under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY), which provides them protection for the losses occurring owing to uncertainty and unfavourable weather vagaries resulting in yield deprivation on the field.
- The campaign ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ is aimed at making the farming communities aware about the relevance and significance of crop insurance that mitigates the rural distress caused by crop failure or damage due to factors like unseasonal rains, monsoon failure, storms, floods, pests and diseases.
About Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director– Sanjeev Srinivasan
SBI Card, IRCTC launch co-branded contactless credit card on RuPay platform
- SBI Card in collaboration with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, launched the IRCTC SBI Card.
- The card offers travellers on Indian railways maximum savings proposition on their travel, together with superior benefits on retail, dining and entertainment, besides transaction fee waivers.
- The card is equipped with Near Field Communication technology, which enables customers to tap and pay. It is released by National Payments Corporation of India.
- It also offers a 1 per cent transaction fee waiver and 350 bonus reward points upon card activation. Reward points accumulated on the card can be redeemed against free tickets on the IRCTC website.
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Chairman & Managing Director– Mahendra Pratap Mall
About SBI Card
- Headquarters– Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Managing Director(MD) and Chief executive Officer(CEO)– Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Bank of Maharashtra, Uniken partner for Omni-channel security
- For securing its internet banking channels as well as the mobile, card, call centres and ATMs, among others, from cyber fraud, the state-owned Bank of Maharashtra has teamed-up with Uniken, a pioneer in the field of digital security in India. As a part of this partnership, the bank will use Uniken’s REL-ID technology for Omni-channel security.
- One of the leading cyber security companies in India – Uniken -has been chosen by the state-owned Bank of Maharashtra for its innovative and unique REL-ID technology to secure not just their internet banking channels but also mobile, card, call centres, ATM etc. using REL-ID’s Omni-channel verification mechanism. The REL-ID technology by Uniken has been modelled for defence-in-depth functions that will help secure banks mobile apps by protecting it against phishing, pharming and malware attacks.
- The launch of MahaSecure by Bank of Maharashtra and making it mandatory for all its customers who perform Internet banking activities clearly indicates its efforts towards ensuring data security and keeping cyber fraud at bay for their customers. MahaSecure, secured by REL-ID, is a next generation secure digital banking app for all your online banking needs. It provides the convenience, security and uniform experience across all devices including desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets through the apps medium to deliver services.
About Bank Of Maharashtra:
- Headquarters: Pune
- CEO: A. S. Rajeev
- Tagline : One Family One Bank
Banks sanctions about Rs 90,000 crore concessional credit to 1.1 crore Kisan Credit Card holders
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman stated banks have sanctioned Rs 89,810 crore to about 1.1 crore Kisan Credit Card (KCC)holders to help farmers meet finances for kharif sowing and allied activities.
- As part of the Rs 20.97 lakh crore stimulus package, the government had announced Rs 2 lakh crore of concessional credit through KCC to 2.5 crore farmers, including fishermen and those involved in animal husbandry.
- As on 24.07.2020, 111.98 lakh Kisan Credit Cards have been sanctioned with credit limit of Rs 89,810 crore out of Rs 2 lakh crore concessional credit under the #AatmanirbharBharat package. This will benefit 2.5 crore farmers, including fishermen & dairy farmers, the Finance Minister stated.
- This marks an increase of Rs 26,940 crore over Rs 62,870 crore sanctioned to 70.32 lakh KCC holders as on June 30, she stated.
About Kisan Credit Card:
- The Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme is a credit scheme introduced in August 1998 by Indian banks. This model scheme was prepared by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) on the recommendations of V. GUPTA committee to provide term loans for agricultural needs.
ADB approves $3 million grant to India to combat COVID-19
- The grant, which is financed by the Japanese government, will be used to procure thermal scanners and essential commodities
- Multilateral funding agency ADB stated it has approved $3 million (about Rs.22 crore) grant to India from its Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund to further support the government’s emergency response to COVID-19 pandemic.
- The grant, which is financed by the Japanese government, will be used to procure thermal scanners and essential commodities to strengthen the India’s COVID-19 response, Asian Development Bank (ADB) stated.
- The new grant complements ADB’s ongoing support to the Government of India in strengthening its COVID-19 response. This support will enhance disease surveillance and help in early detection, contact tracing, and treatment. This will be further supplemented by other public health measures, it stated.
About Asian Development Bank:
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Paswan launches BIS-Care mobile app, 3 portals
- Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launched a mobile app BIS-Care, which consumers can use for checking the authenticity of ISI and hallmark quality certified products.
- The minister also launched three portals of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) on standardisation, conformity assessment and training, which consumers and stakeholders can login through manakonline.in.
- The BIS is the national standards setting body in the country. So far, it has set 20,866 standards and mandatory standards for 358 products. The ISI mark is a standards-compliance mark for industrial products in India since 1955. Hallmark is quality certification for gold jewellery.
- On BIS-Care mobile app, consumers can check the authenticity of ISI and hallmark quality certified products and lodge complaints. The mobile app, in Hindi and English, can be operated on any Android phone and can be downloaded free from Google play store.
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Director General– Pramod Kumar Tiwari
- Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Constituency: Hajipur, Bihar
A Startup introduces mobile app for detection, risk assessment of Covid-19 infected individuals
- A Bangalore based startup has introduced a mobile app for detection and risk assessment of Covid-19 infected individuals. The technology has been developed with the support of the Department of Science and Technology.
- This technology will detect the possible infection in asymptomatic individuals and carry out a risk assessment with the use of smartphone processors and sensors which will capture a bunch of body signals.
- The Department of Science and Technology has selected Acculi Labs to develop a Covid risk assessment profile called Lyfas COVID score under the Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis, KAWACH
- Lyfas is an android application in which, when any person keeps the index finger on the rear phone camera of a mobile phone for five minutes, it captures the capillary pulse and blood volume change.
- The technology is focused on population screening, monitoring of quarantined individuals and surveillance at the community level. KAWACH initiative is supporting market-ready innovations for the control of COVID-19.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Total, IOC form joint venture to manufacture bitumen derivatives
- French energy giant Total SA and the country’s top oil firm Indian Oil Corp (IOC) announced a 50:50 joint venture to manufacture and market high-quality bitumen derivatives and specialty products for the growing road-building industry in India.
- The joint venture company will set up manufacturing units across the country with cost-effective logistics solutions, keeping innovation, safety, and sustainability at the helm of its operations.
- This joint venture company would bring in the latest technologies and formulations for Polymer Modified Bitumen (PMB) and other fast-growing non-conventional derivatives such as cold mix & microemulsion, block bitumen, etc. to the Indian market.
About Total S.A.
- Headquarters– Paris, France
- CEO– Patrick Pouyanné
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Chairman– Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Gujarat, UK India Business Council sign MoU to strengthen state’s industrial growth
- The United Kingdom India Business Council signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb), Industries and Mines Department, Government of Gujarat.
- The MoU is the initiation of a collaborative partnership between the UKIBC and Government of Gujarat will help to boost business and industrial development in the state, as per the UKIBC official release.
- It will also aim to enhance the business environment proactively and strengthen collaboration with British businesses in Gujarat, the official release noted.
- The MoU was signed at a virtual roundtable by Neelam Rani, Managing Director, Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb), Government of Gujarat, and Kevin McCole, Managing Director, UKIBC.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Young Indian activist Archana Soreng named by UN chief to new advisory group on climate change
- A climate activist from India Archana Soreng has been named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to his new advisory group comprising young leaders who will provide perspectives and solutions to tackle the worsening climate crisis, as the global body mobilises action as part of the COVID-19 recovery efforts.
- Archana Soreng joins six other young climate leaders from around the world are in the UN chief new Youth Advisory Group on Climate Change.
- Soreng is experienced in advocacy and research, and she is working to document, preserve, and promote traditional knowledge and cultural practices of indigenous communities.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Former Coal India chief Anil Kumar Jha appointed member of key green panel
- The government has appointed former chairman of Coal India Anil Kumar Jha, as a member of a key panel that deals with violation of environment rules.
- The Expert Appraisal Committee formed by the environment ministry appraises projects that are commissioned without obtaining prior environmental clearance and have been termed as cases of violation. The panel was earlier constituted in June 2017 for three years. Its tenure has now been extended till June 2021.
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change: Prakash Keshav Javadekar
- Constituency: Madhya Pradesh
ICRA names Sivaraman as new MD and Group CEO
- The board of directors of ICRA Ltd has appointed N Sivaraman as the Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer of the credit rating agency for three years with effect from August 10.
- As per the filing, Sivaraman’s tenure can be further renewed for an additional period of two years subject to mutual consent of both parties and approvals of the members of the company and/or other appropriate authorities, if required.
- As per ICRA’s August 29, 2019 regulatory filing, its board of director decided to terminate the employment of Naresh Takkar as Managing Director and Group CEO of ICRA, effective immediately.
- Vipul Agarwal, who was appointed Interim COO on July 1, 2019, has been responsible for the day-to-day operation of the company so far.
About ICRA ratings:
- Headquarters: Gurgaon
- Arun Duggal, Non-Executive chairman and independent director.
Jin Liqun re-elected AIIB President
- The board of governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), elected Jin Liqun for a second term as President. His second five-year term will begin on January 16, 2021.
- Liqun was re-elected as President during the 2020 AIIB Annual Meeting. The board of governors also approved the United Arab Emirates to host the 2021 AIIB Annual Meeting, which will take place October 27-28, 2021, in Dubai.
- Under President Jin’s leadership, AIIB has grown from 57 founding members to over 100 approved members from around the world. To date, AIIB has approved upto $ 19.6 billion for 87 projects in 24 economies.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Jin Liqun :President
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
SS Motivation Founder & CEO Sunil ydv SS Receives Karamveer Chakra Award from United Nations and ICONGO
- Founder of SS Motivation, World record holder Sunil ydv SS was honoured with “Karamveer Chakra Award” by Global Fellowship Award instituted by United Nations and International Confederation of NGO (iCONGO) at the ReX ConcLIVE hosted in IIT Delhi.
- He received the award for his relentless contribution to society through his Telegram channel “SS Motivation.” He addresses social issues and motivates people every day through his channel.
- The same year his Telegram channel “SS Motivation” was enlisted him as a world record holder. He received the “2019 Most Popular Motivation Channel” award by India Book of Records and “2019 Most Subscribed Motivational Channel on Telegram” by the Bravo International Book of World Records.
- He is even the author of the book “The Secret Behind Success.”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO Launches ‘Dare To Dream 2.0’ Contest For Startups With The Aim To Promote Innovators
- The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) on launched ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contest for innovators and those looking to launch a startup on the 5th death anniversary of former President of India and noted scientist Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. The DRDO in a statement stated that Dr Kalam, who was also known as the ‘Missile man’ supported the vision of self-reliance.
- The Dare to dream 2.0 scheme aims to promote innovators and startup culture in the country. The winners will be picked following due evaluation by an expert committee. Award money, up to Rs.10 lakh for startup and Rs five lakh in the individual category, will be given to the winners. Defence Minister Rajnath has also lauded the initiative and expressed his happiness to announce the contest for the ‘Ignited Minds’.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Divij Sharan-Vijay Sundar Prashanth win doubles title in Surrey
- Vijay Sundar Prashanth and Divij Sharan combined well to win the doubles title in the LTA British Tour tennis tournament at the National Tennis Centre in Surrey.
- In Surrey, Vijay and Divij won the first two matches in the super tie-break before asserting themselves as the top seeds, with a comfortable win in the final for the loss of three games.
- They defeated Ryan Peniston & David Stevenson.
Punjab’s Princepal Singh picked for NBA developmental league
- Princepal Singh, the starry-eyed kid from Dera Baba Nanak village, has signed to play in the NBA G-League, the National Basketball Association’s official minor league, in 2020-21.
- He is the first NBA Academy graduate to sign with the NBA G League and first NBA Academy India graduate to sign a professional contract; it was announced by NBA G-League president Shareef Abdur-Rahim.
- Princepal participated in several high-profile international basketball events, including Basketball Without Borders (BWB) Asia 2018, BWB Global 2018 and the NBA Global Camp 2018. He also represented India in international competitions as part of the Indian men’s senior national team.
- He will be the third Indian player after Satnam Singh Bhamara and Amjyot Singh, to play in the NBA G-League.
India’s 2018 Asian Games mixed relay medal upgraded to gold after Bahrain’s disqualification
- The Indian 4x400m mixed relay team’s silver medal in the 2018 Asian Games has been upgraded to gold following the disqualification of original winners Bahrain on account of a doping ban handed to one of its runners.
- Bahrain, which had topped the 4×400 mixed relay final, was disqualified after Kemi Adekoya was handed a four-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for failing a dope test.
- The Indian quartet of Mohammed Anas, MR Poovamma, Hima Das and Arokia Rajiv had clocked 3:15:71 behind Bahrain (3:11:89). Raghavan had clocked 56.92 to finish fourth in the final race in Jakarta.
Haryana to host 4th Khelo India Youth Games
- Haryana will host the 4th Khelo India Youth Games. Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced this through video conferencing. Khelo India Youth Games is scheduled to take place after Tokyo Olympics next year.
- The Games will be held at Panchkula in Haryana. Mr Rijiju stated, usually the Khelo India Youth Games take place in January every year. He stated, however, this time owing to the pandemic, we have to postpone it.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Bollywood action director Parvez Khan passes away
- Bollywood action director Parvez Khan, known for his work in Andhadhun, Johnny Gaddaar and Bullett Raja, has passed away after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 55.
- Filmmaker Hansal Mehta, who collaborated with Parvez on his 2013 National Award-winning film Shahid, remembered him as a skillful and energetic artiste.
Senco Gold CMD Shaankar Sen passes away
- Shaankar Sen, chairman and managing director of Senco Gold Ltd., which runs the chain of Senco Gold and diamond jewellery stores, passed away. He was 60.
- He was also the vice chairman of All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council, the domestic body responsible for the welfare of the jewellery sector and all stakeholders.
Actor Kumkum passes away
- Veteran Bollywood actor Kumkum, who featured in over 100 films and popular songs such as “Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar” and “Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi”, passed away.
- Kumkum was best known for her roles in movies like Mr. X in Bombay, Mother India, Son Of India, Kohinoor, Ujala, Naya Daur, Shreeman Funtoosh, Ek Sapera Ek Lutera, Ganga Ki Laharen, Raja Aur Runk, Aankhen, Lalkaar, Geet and Ek Kuwara Ek Kuwari.
DAILY CA 28th JUL
- CRPF Raising Day is celebrated every year on July 27th
- World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year
- World Nature Conservation Day is observed on July 28
- Deadline For Mandatory Hallmarking Of Gold Jewellery Extended Till June 1 Next Year
- Government launched four schemes for setting up of Bulk Drugs & Medical Devices Parks
- India hands over 10 broad gauge locomotives to Bangladesh
- IMF approves $4.3 bn to South Africa in biggest COVID-19 loan
- Road in Lucknow Named After Former MP Governor Lalji Tandon
- Tata AIA Life Insurance launches express claims service that promises payouts in 4 hours
- Wibmo launches video-based customer identification process for banks
- IMD launches weather app for real-time updates and warnings across India
- Naveen Tahilyani to take charge as Tata AIA Life Insurance MD & CEO
- Croatian parliament approves new gov’t led by incumbent PM Andrej Plenkovic
- Somalia’s Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Mohammed Gulaid Appointed As Acting Prime Minister
- Tunisia appoints interior minister Mechichi as the new prime minister
- India’s first solar-powered ferry Aditya wins global honour
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar unveils new book on India’s ‘struggle gaining influence in foreign policy’
- The book titled “Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India” by Former Deputy Governor of RBI, Dr. Viral V. Acharya released
- India’s e-commerce penetration may double, become $99 bn market by 2024: Goldman Sachs
- Young Bangladesh pacer Kazi Anik handed two-year ban for doping violation
- Jamie Vardy wins Premier League’s Golden Boot award
- Child welfare activist Achyuta Rao passes away due to COVID
- Kansai Yamamoto, fashion designer, passes away
DAILY CA 29th JUL
- International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem- 26th jul
- International Tiger Day- 29th jul
- Centre to convert ravines of Chambal region into arable land with World Bank help
- Govt notifies changes in FDI norms on civil aviation; permits NRIs to own 100% stake of Air India
- HRD Minister launches India Report on Digital Education, 2020
- India, Indonesia Defence Ministers’ Dialogue held in New Delhi
- India and EU renew Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for next 5 yrs till 2025
- SBI providing USD 16 million liquidity support for local businesses in Maldives
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Launches ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign For Farmers
- SBI Card, IRCTC launch co-branded contactless credit card on RuPay platform
- Bank of Maharashtra, Uniken partner for Omni-channel security
- Banks sanctions about Rs 90,000 crore concessional credit to 1.1 crore Kisan Credit Card holders
- ADB approves $3 million grant to India to combat COVID-19
- Paswan launches BIS-Care mobile app, 3 portals
- A Startup introduces mobile app for detection, risk assessment of Covid-19 infected individuals
- Total, IOC form joint venture to manufacture bitumen derivatives
- Gujarat, UK India Business Council sign MoU to strengthen state’s industrial growth
- Young Indian activist Archana Soreng named by UN chief to new advisory group on climate change
- Former Coal India chief Anil Kumar Jha appointed member of key green panel
- ICRA names Sivaraman as new MD and Group CEO
- Jin Liqun re-elected AIIB President
- SS Motivation Founder & CEO Sunil ydv SS Receives Karamveer Chakra Award from United Nations and ICONGO
- DRDO Launches ‘Dare To Dream 2.0’ Contest For Startups With The Aim To Promote Innovators
- Divij Sharan-Vijay Sundar Prashanth win doubles title in Surrey
- Punjab’s Princepal Singh picked for NBA developmental league
- India’s 2018 Asian Games mixed relay medal upgraded to gold after Bahrain’s disqualification
- Haryana to host 4th Khelo India Youth Games
- Bollywood action director Parvez Khan passes away
- Senco Gold CMD Shaankar Sen passes away
- Actor Kumkum passes away