This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Deaf Day
- World Deaf Day is celebrated every year on the last Sunday of September with the aim to draw attention of general public, politician and development authorities towards the achievements of the deaf people as well as deaf people community. This Year it falls on September 27th .
- International Week of the Deaf during the last week of September draws attention to the accomplishments of people who are deaf and also promotes their rights. (It is also known as the Deaf Awareness Week or International Week of Deaf People.)
- Thetheme of the 2020 International Week of the Deaf will be “Reaffirming Deaf People’s Human Rights”
World Rabies Day
- World Rabies Day is an annual observance that occurs on September 28 worldwide. It aims at raising awareness about the viral disease, rabies, and how to prevent it.
- World Rabies Day marks the death anniversary of Louis Pasteur, the man who developed the first rabies vaccine. He was a French chemist and microbiologist.
- The theme for World Rabies Day 2020 is “End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate”
International Day for Universal Access to Information
- The 74th UN General Assembly proclaimed 28 September as the International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI).
- It also highlights the advantages of having constitutional, statutory and/or policy guarantees for public access to information to save lives, build trust and help the formulation of sustainable policies through and beyond the COVID-19 crisis.
- The theme for IDUAI 2020: Access to Information – Saving lives, Building Trust, Bringing Hope
International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste
- This year Sep 29th we celebrate the first ever observance of the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste. It also comes during the global COVID-19 pandemic, that has brought about a global wake-up on the need to transform and rebalance the way our food is produced and consumed.
- First theme for the new Observance will be “Stop food loss and waste. For the people. For the planet.”
World Rivers Day 2020
- World Rivers Day is observed every year on the fourth Sunday of September. It is celebrated to raise public awareness about the rivers and the importance of all of the waterways around the globe. It highlights the many values of rivers and strives to increase public awareness and encourages the improved stewardship of rivers around the world. The current year’s theme for World Rivers Day will be “Day of Action for Rivers” that praises the function of ladies in ensuring and overseeing waterways
- In 2005, the United Nations launched the Water for Life Decade to help create a greater awareness of the need to better care for our water resources.
- Mark Angelo is an internationally-celebrated river conservationist. He is the founder and Chair of both BC and World Rivers Day and is Chair Emeritus of the Rivers Institute at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT).
September 27, 2020 – International Daughters Day
- International Daughters Day on the fourth Sunday in September celebrates the girl child.
- The observance originated in India where, even today, some cultures see girl children as burdens. Families with daughters carry a stigma. The celebration helps eliminate traditions which help to maintain the view of a girl child as a burden. Some underdeveloped countries still practice these traditions.
World Contraception Day- 26 September
- World Contraception Day takes place on September 26th every year. The day’s mission is to improve awareness of all contraceptive methods available and enable young people to make informed choices on their sexual and reproductive health.
- Access to family planning is a human right protected by international law, and States must continue to ensure it even during the COVID-19 pandemic, say UN human rights experts.
World Heart Day
- World Heart Day, aimed at drawing people’s attention to heart ailments and the whole range of associated health issues.
- This initiative was launched in 2000 by the World Heart Federation as an annual event and gets celebrated on 29th day of September ever since.
- World Heart Day is commemorated to promote different preventive steps and changes in lifestyle to avoid any cardiovascular diseases, like heart attack, stroke, heart failure and any other condition related to the same.
- On an average, more than 17 million people die from heart-related illnesses every year.
- There are several ways one can be more attentive to their heart health, like partaking in physical exercises, stopping smoking, quitting alcohol and starting eating a healthy diet.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
ICAR Announces KRITAGYA Hackathon Under National Agricultural Higher Education Project
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has announced KRITAGYA (Krishi-Taknik-Gyan) hackathon under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP).
- It aim to promote potential technology solutions for enhancing farm mechanization with special emphasis on women-friendly equipment.
- Students, faculties, and innovators or entrepreneurs from universities and technical institutions can apply and participate in the event in the form of a group.
- Participating students can collaborate with local start-ups, students from technology institutes, and can win Rs 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, and Rs 1 lakh as first, second, and third prize.
- The online application form is available on the official website, icar.gov.in.
- KRITAGYA hackathon will give an opportunity to the students, faculties, entrepreneurs, innovators, and other stakeholders to showcase their innovative approaches and technology solutions to promote farm mechanization in India.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
- Headquarters : New Delhi
- Founded: 16 July 1929
Govt committed to increase public healthcare spending from existing 1.15% of GDP to 2.5 % by 2025: Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan stated that government is committed to increase the public healthcare spending from the existing 1.15 per cent of the GDP to 5 per cent by 2025.
- He added that the 15th Finance Commission’s high-level group on health has concurred that healthcare spending must be raised substantially in the next five years in view of the present pandemic.
- Regarding wide usage of investigational therapies such as Remdesivir and Plasma Therapies, the Health Minister stated that the Government has issued regular advisories regarding their rational usage.
- On the emerging evidence that the disease not only impacts our lungs but other organ systems too, especially cardiovascular and renal, the Minister stated that his Ministry has already set up committees of experts to look into these facets of COVID-19.
Railway rolls out User Depot Module to completely digitize its supply chain
- Indian Railway has rolled out User Depot Module (UDM). The UDM developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems was rolled out digitally across all User Depots of Western Railway by P. C. Sharma, Member (T&RS) Railway Board. This system will be implemented shortly across all Zones of Indian Railways.
- The implementation of this system will bring in changes from manual working to digital working with real time transactions and online information exchange among all stakeholders.
- This will ensure digitization of complete supply chain, including user depots. The system will facilitate economy, efficiency and transparency besides improved asset management. It also will ensure improved service level and satisfaction to customers.
Centre releases first instalment of over Rs. 19,000 Crore for Paddy procurement in three states under MSP Scheme
- National Cooperative Development Corporation, NCDC has sanctioned the first installment funds of 19, 444 crore to three states for Kharif paddy procurement under Minimum Support Price operations.These states are Chhattisgarh, Haryana and Telangana.
- Agriculture Ministry stated, these amounts have been sanctioned to assist the States and State Marketing Federations in undertaking paddy procurement operations in a timely manner through their respective cooperative organizations.
- Chhattisgarh gets the highest amount to the tune of Rs. 9,000 crore.Telangana has been sanctioned Rs. 5,500 crores and Haryana Rs. 5,444 crore.
- The Ministry stated, this proactive step by NCDC during the COVID pandemic will give the much needed financial support to farmers of these three states who account for nearly 75 per cent of production of paddy in the country.
About National Cooperative Development Corporation:
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Sundeep Kumar Nayak, Managing Director
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Vakrangee gets RBI nod to set up BBPS unit to handle billing services
- Vakrangee Ltd said the Reserve Bank has granted in-principle approval to set up Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) to handle payment services related to bills.
- Vakrangee (VL) has received in-principle authorisation to set up and operate BBPOU under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The company offers banking, insurance, money transfer services, e-commerce, e-governance and other digital services on behalf of its partner banks, insurers, government agencies, e-commerce players among others through its branches mostly located in rural and semi-urban areas.
About Vakrangee Limited
- Founder: Dinesh Nandwana
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
RBI approves 3-member committee of directors to manage Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has approved appointment of three-member Committee of Directors (CoD) to run the daily affairs of debt-ridden Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB).
- This CoD will exercise the discretionary powers of MD & CEO in the ad-interim.
- The RBI appointed the CoD composed of three independent directors Meeta Makhan, Shakti Sinha, and Satish Kumar Kalra. The committee will be headed by Meeta Makhan.
- With Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) of about 262 per cent, against minimum 100 per cent required by RBI, the deposit-holders, bond-holders, account-holders and creditors are well safe guarded
- Headquarters: Chennai
- InterimMD & CEO: S Sundar
SBI Card launches new brand campaign ‘Contactless Connections’
- SBI Card, India`s second largest credit card issuer, announced the launch of its new brand campaign, “Contactless Connections” that spreads the message that love and care can be shared even during this difficult period where social distancing is the norm. The campaign endeavours to bring a fresh breath of positivity by demonstrating that people can connect emotionally and spread joy despite the social distancing practices by which we are bound.
- Amidst the need to maintain physical distance, payments are one aspect of everyday life where consumers must adopt safe practices and avoid physical contact. Contactless payments, enabled by SBI Card, allow consumers to stay safe. Consumers can simply wave their card or phone or scan a QR code to make safe, secure payments, without handing over their card or punching in the PIN.
About SBI card:
- CEO: Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
Flipkart, Bajaj Allianz launch cyber insurance cover
- E-commerce marketplace Flipkart and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have launched a cyber insurance cover for online financial frauds.
- The product, ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance’, will help customers who want to cover themselves against financial losses caused as a result of cyber attacks, cyber frauds, or other such malicious activities across various online platforms, stated.
- It will compensate for direct financial loss (up to the sum insured) due to unauthorised digital financial transactions as a result of identity theft arising out of cyber-attacks, phishing/spoofing, and SIM-jacking.
- “Customers can opt for a one-year cover at premiums as low as 183 for a cover of Rs.50,000,” it further stated.
- Q: Bengaluru
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
About Bajaj Allianz General Insurance:
- CEO: Tapan Singhel
- Headquarters: Pune
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launches scheme on lines of PM-Kisan
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated ‘Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojna’ on the lines of Centre’s Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme.
- The Chief Minister announced that4,000 will be transferred to accounts of 1,75,000 farmers in the state every year in two instalments under the scheme.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme under which6,000 will be transferred to farmers annually. MP government thought to increase Rs.4,000 further so that farmers can get Rs.10, 000 annually.
- Chouhan also performed the Bhoomi Pujan of the2,400 crore–Narmada Irrigation Project at a function in Sanwar, Indore district.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
NABARD embarking on Sanitation Literacy Campaign in Karnataka
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, NABARD is embarking on a Sanitation Literacy Campaign in Karnataka to create awareness on good hygiene and sanitation practices among rural masses. The campaign will commence on Gandhi Jayanti on October 2nd and continue until January 26th next year.
- The bank stated that under Swachh Bharat Mission they supported the construction of 3.29 crore household toilets disbursing 27,298 crore rupees across the country. The country is today Open Defecation Free (ODF) and efforts are on to implement the next phase of ODF by educating the rural population about water, sanitation and hygiene in 2000 villages covering one lakh population.
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Shri G R Chinthala
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala
Maharashtra governor launches cancer institute’s chemo recovery kits
- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh launched the ayurvedic ‘chemo recovery kits’ developed by a Pune-based cancer research institute and called for joint research by scientists in Ayurveda and modern medicine for cancer treatment.
- The chemo recovery kits, containing an ayurvedic formulation and developed by the Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre of the Bharatiya Sanskriti Darshan Trust, Pune with financial assistance from the Tata Trusts, were launched by Koshyari at the Raj Bhavan.
Maharashtra bans sale of loose cigarettes, beedis; becomes first state to do so
- Maharashtra government has banned the sale of unpackaged “loose” cigarettes and beedis, making it the first Indian state to so. The move is aimed at ensuring that customers see the graphic, public health warnings mandated on cigarette packaging.
- As per a notification issued by the state public health department on September 24, the state has imposed “complete ban on the sale of single stick loose cigarette and beedis.
- The decision is in sync with sub-section (2) of section 7 of Cigarette and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce Production, Supply & Distribution) Act, 2003, the order, signed by principal secretary (health) Dr Pradeep Vyas, stated.
- Maharashtra has the lowest smoking rate in the country, data from the Global Tobacco Youth Survey 2016 showed.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Tackeray
UP’s First Conservation Centre For Vultures To Come Up In Gorakhpur Forest Division
- Uttar Pradesh’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre is set to be established at Bhari Baisi village in Farenda range of Gorakhpur forest division, an official stated
- This vulture breeding and conservation centre will be the first in India which will be dedicated to king vulture and also the first vulture conservation and breeding centre in Uttar Pradesh, Kumar stated. the centre will be established on the lines of Haryana’s Pinjore vulture conservation and breeding centre.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Assam govt develops new mobile app for air passengers
- The Assam government has developed a mobile app through which air passengers can download forms, fill it up, and show it at airports to avoid delay in completing formalities for COVID-19 tests.
- The app named ‘visitassam’ has been developed to ensure that proper social distancing is maintained and passengers are not delayed as filling up necessary forms at the airports is time consuming.
- The state government has also introduced a change of protocol for arriving passengers at the airports who can now take ‘Tatkal RT-PCR’ test on payment of Rs 2,200 and get the result within 24 hours.
- The free RT-PCR facility for passengers will, however, continue and the results will be available within three to five days.
- The state government has also decided to waive the quarantine of those who will undertake journeys by rail or air after recovering from the infection.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Virgin Hyperloop, BIAL sign MoU to study feasibility of high-speed corridor
- In arguably the first for any airport in the world, the Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) and Virgin Hyperloop signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to conduct the study.
- With speeds of up to 1,080 kmph, Hyperloop could transport thousands of passengers per hour from the MoU was exchanged virtually between Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Chairman of Virgin Hyperloop and DP World, and T M Vijay Bhaskar, Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka and Chairman, Board of Directors, BIAL.
- Travelers could streamline their multimodal trip with seamless check in and security for both their hyperloop and air travel at centrally-located hyperloop portals.
- Virgin Hyperloop had successfully tested hyperloop technology at scale. It operated a full-scale hyperloop vehicle using electric propulsion and electromagnetic levitation under near-vacuum conditions, realizing a fundamentally new form of transportation that is faster, safer, cheaper, and more sustainable than existing modes
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Lebanon: Prime Minister-designate Mustapha Adib resigns
- Lebanon’s prime minister-designate Mustapha Adib resigned amid a political impasse over the formation of the next Cabinet.
- Mustapha Adib, Lebanon’s former ambassador to Germany, was selected for the post on 31 August 2020.
- The previous government led by Hassan Diab resigned following the Beirut port blast on August 4 that killed some 200 people and left thousands homeless.
- Capital: Beirut
- Currency: Lebanese pound
Former Mali Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane named transitional PM
- Mali’s interim President Bah Ndaw has named former Malian Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane as prime minister.
- A veteran diplomat, Ouane, 64, served as Mali’s ambassador to the United Nations from 1995-2002, and as foreign minister from 2004-2009 during Amadou Toumani Toure’s presidency.
- Ndaw himself is a former colonel and defence minister, and was sworn in before Mali’s supreme court with military government chief Assimi Goita as his deputy.
- Ouane has served as peace and security representative for the West African Monetary Union (WAMU) since 2016.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Kerala startup Entri signs up Robin Uthappa as brand ambassador
- Entri, a local language learning app for jobs, has signed up Rajasthan Royals cricketer Robin Uthappa as its brand ambassador and has also partnered with Hotstar to run ad campaigns in five different languages throughout the ongoing IPL season.
- Entri is a learning app for jobs in India, which provides different types of learning content(mock/adaptive tests, flashcards, video lessons) in local languages for job aspirants, that prepares them to get a government or private job.
Senior IAS PD Vaghela appointed as new TRAI chairman
- Senior Indian Administrative Service Officer Dr P. D. Vaghela has been appointed as the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India- TRAI.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment. He will replace R.S. Sharma. Mr Vaghela will hold the post for a period of three years or until he attains the age of 65 years.
- Mr Vaghela, a 1986-batch officer of Gujarat Cadre, is currently Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Sunil K. Gupta :Secretary
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
UP govt bags 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- Uttar Pradesh government has bagged 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan (GKRA) launched by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti. The State has also got overall second rank in implementation of Gandagi Mukt Bharat scheme. The awards will be distributed at a virtual ceremony by the Minister of State, Ministry of Jal Shakti on October 2, 2020.
- The Government of India had launched the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan initiative to tackle the impact of COVID-19 on Labourers and workers. It is a rural public works scheme which was launched on June 20, 2020 with an initial funding of Rs 50,000 crore.
- Uttar Pradesh has got overall first position in the Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan category while in individual districts, Prayagraj, Hardoi and Fatehpur has bagged first, second and third ranks respectively. In Non-GKRA category, Bareilly and Aligarh have secured first and second ranks respectively. Aligarh has also received the Special Recognition award.
Maha govt announces Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for 2020-21 to Usha Mangeshkar
- The Maharashtra government announced the Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for the year 2020-21 to veteran female playback singer Usha Mangeshkar.
- The award is given by the cultural department of the state government. Making the announcement, state culture minister, Amit Vilasrao Deshmukh stated the award include cash prize of five lakh rupees, a certificate and a memento.
- The veteran singer has sung songs in Marathi, Hindi and several other Indian language films. Her songs from the film ‘Subah ka Tara’, ‘Jay Santoshi Maa’, ‘Azad’, ‘Chitrlekha’, ‘Khatta Meetha’, ‘Kala Pathar’, ‘Naseeb’, ‘Khubsurat’, ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Inkar’ ruled the chartbuster.
- The singer has also expressed happiness for being conferred with the prestigious award which has been announced after her eldest sister and recipient of Bharat Ratna, Lata Mangeshkar as she turned 91-year old.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS
MeitY and NITI Aayog to organize mega virtual summit on AI- RAISE 2020
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog will organize a Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,‘ from October 5-9, 2020.
- RAISE 2020 will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment in areas like Healthcare, Agriculture, Education and Smart Mobility, among other sectors.
- The RAISE 2020 Summit will also feature some of the most exciting startups working in Artificial Intelligence-related fields. Startups chosen through the AI Solution Challenge will showcase their solutions in the AI Startup Pitchfest scheduled on 6th Oct 2020. This is part of Government of India’s continuing support to tech entrepreneurs and startups by providing exposure, recognition and guidance.
- RAISE 2020 (http://raise2020.indiaai.gov.in/) will facilitate an exchange of ideas to create mass awareness about the need to ethically develop and practice AI.
- Union Minister of the Law and Justice, Electronics and Information Technology and Communications: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Constituency: Patna Sahib, Bihar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Valtteri Bottas wins Russian GP
- Valtteri Bottas won his second Formula One race of the 2020 season, easing to victory at the Russian Grand Prix after teammate Lewis Hamilton was hampered by two separate five-second penalties.
- Hamilton was penalized for performing practice starts outside his designated area as he left the pits.
- Max Verstappen in second while Hamilton fought back to finish in third.
Gurpreet, Sanju declared winners of AIFF Player of the Year Awards
- Indian football team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and midfielder Sanju are the winners of the 2019-20 AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year Award and the AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year Award respectively.
- This is the first time Gurpreet has received this prestigious award, and in the process, he became the second goalkeeper after Subrata Paul in 2009 to be named the AIFF Player of the Year.
- The Blue Tigers custodian was elected as the winner on the basis of votes from Indian Super League and I-League club coaches.
- Furthermore, midfielder Anirudh Thapa was named as the AIFF 2019-20 Men’s Emerging Footballer of the Year.
- The 2019-20 AIFF Award for the Best Referee was won by L Ajit Kumar Meetei from Manipur while P Vairamuthu from Tamil Nadu was named the winner of the 2019-20 AIFF Award for the Best Assistant Referee.
- Meanwhile, the 2019-20 AIFF Award for the Best Grassroots Development Programme went to the Indian Football Association (West Bengal).
- President: Praful Patel
- Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi.
DAILY CA 27th & 28th SEP
- International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons-26th sep
- World Tourism Day- 27th sep
- India’s first RRTS train with design speed of 180 kmph unveiled
- MoRTH notifies amendments in Central Motor Vehicle Rules
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah virtually inaugurates ‘Destination North East-2020’
- KVIC opens outlet in SPG complex to promote ‘Swadeshi’
- World Bank approves 200 million dollar loan for safe water & sanitation in Bangladesh
- India Extends USD 15 Mn Grant Assistance To Sri Lanka For Promoting Buddhist Ties
- India, US, Japan, Australia hold meet on Indo-Pacific under Quad framework
- ADB approves Rs 2,200 crore loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns
- Sebi comes out guidelines for investment advisers on client segregation, fees
- Assam govt to provide loan to entrepreneurs to revive tourism sector
- Odisha Govt to launch Radio Pathshala program for students upto class 8
- Union Health Minister launches Vaccine portal for COVID-19
- Neetu David appointed head of India women’s selection committee
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission appoints FDCI Chairman Sunil Sethi as Advisor
- RBI ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign
- Merchant Navy union collaborates with UN to help stranded Indian seafarers
- India, Denmark ink pact to increase cooperation on IPRs
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2020: 12 researchers receive India’s highest science award
- Informal Meeting of SAARC Council of Ministers (Virtual Mode)
- G20 Leaders’ Summit will be held virtually on November 21-22 amid Covid
- Israeli Defence Forces successfully test sea-to-sea missile system
- The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales for Kids by Anand Neelakantan
- in to host ‘Handicrafts Mela’ from 26 Sep to 10 Oct to support artisans
- India ranks 89th in World Risk Report 2020
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders unveils IPO
- Australia’s Alyssa Healy breaks MS Dhoni’s T20I record
- Jaswant Singh, founding member of the BJP and former Union minister, passes away
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia, noted economist and Padma Bhushan awardee, passes away
DAILY CA 29th SEP
- World Deaf Day- 27th sep
- World Rabies Day- 28th sep
- International Day for Universal Access to Information– 28th sep
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste- 29th sep
- World Rivers Day 2020 -fourth Sunday of September
- September 27, 2020 – International Daughters Day
- World Contraception Day- 26 September
- World Heart Day – 29th sep
- ICAR Announces KRITAGYA Hackathon Under National Agricultural Higher Education Project
- Govt committed to increase public healthcare spending from existing 1.15% of GDP to 2.5 % by 2025: Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Railway rolls out User Depot Module to completely digitize its supply chain
- Centre releases first instalment of over Rs. 19,000 Crore for Paddy procurement in three states under MSP Scheme
- Vakrangee gets RBI nod to set up BBPS unit to handle billing services
- RBI approves 3-member committee of directors to manage Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- SBI Card launches new brand campaign ‘Contactless Connections’
- Flipkart, Bajaj Allianz launch cyber insurance cover
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launches scheme on lines of PM-Kisan
- NABARD embarking on Sanitation Literacy Campaign in Karnataka
- Maharashtra governor launches cancer institute’s chemo recovery kits
- Maharashtra bans sale of loose cigarettes, beedis; becomes first state to do so
- UP’s First Conservation Centre For Vultures To Come Up In Gorakhpur Forest Division
- Assam govt develops new mobile app for air passengers
- Virgin Hyperloop, BIAL sign MoU to study feasibility of high-speed corridor
- Lebanon: Prime Minister-designate Mustapha Adib resigns
- Former Mali Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane named transitional PM
- Kerala startup Entri signs up Robin Uthappa as brand ambassador
- Senior IAS PD Vaghela appointed as new TRAI chairman
- UP govt bags 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- Maha govt announces Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for 2020-21 to Usha Mangeshkar
- MeitY and NITI Aayog to organize mega virtual summit on AI- RAISE 2020
- Valtteri Bottas wins Russian GP
- Gurpreet, Sanju declared winners of AIFF Player of the Year Awards