This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Translation Day
- International Translation Day is observed on 30 September every year to raise awareness about the translation profession and to pay tribute to the work of language professionals.
- 30 September celebrates the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator, who is considered the patron saint of translators.
- Thetheme of International Translation Day, 2020 is “Finding the words for a world in crisis”.
Join General Awareness Crash course for IBPS RRB-IBPS PO/Clerk use code NASA to get 30% discount
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi to inaugurate 6 mega projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission.
- The projects include construction of a 68 MLD sewage treatment plant (STP), up-gradation of the existing 27 MLD plant at Jagjeetpur in Haridwar and construction of an 18 MLD STP at Sarai in Haridwar. The inauguration of 68 MLD Jagjeetpur project also marks the completion of the first sewerage project taken up on hybrid annuity mode of public-private partnership (PPP) mode.
- ‘Ganga Avalokan’ was also inaugurated by PM Modi, which is the first museum on Ganga aimed at showcasing the biodiversity, culture, and rejuvenation activities done in the river.
- The museum, Ganga Avalokan is situated at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar.
- PM Modi also unveiled the logo of ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ and ‘Margdarshika’ under the Namami Gange mission for village panchayats and ‘Paani Samitis’.
- A book titled, ‘Rowing down the Ganges’, co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga & Wildlife Institute of India.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveils Defence Acquisition Procedure
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP)–2020 in the national capital. The DAP 2020 will be applicable with effect from October 1.
- The DAP 2020 has been aligned with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat and empowering the Indian domestic industry through Make in India initiative with the ultimate aim of turning India into a global manufacturing hub.
- The categories of Buy(Indian-IDDM), Make I, Make II, Production Agency in Design & Development, OFB/DPSU and SP model will be exclusively reserved for Indian Vendors meeting the criteria of Ownership and Control by resident Indian citizens.
- The first Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) was promulgated in the year 2002 and has since been revised periodically to provide impetus to the growing domestic industry and achieve enhanced self reliance in defence manufacturing.
- Singh had approved constitution of Main Review Committee under Chairmanship of DG (Acquisition) Apurva Chandra in August 2019 for preparation of DAP-2020.
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh
- Constituency: Lucknow, UP
Rajnath Singh launches Defence India Startup Challenge-4, releases PMA guidelines for iDEX
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC 4) during the iDEX event, featuring the initiatives aimed at expanding the horizons of Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) ecosystem in New Delhi. Mr Singh also launched the iDEX4Fauji initiative and Product Management Approach (PMA) guidelines during the event.
- iDEX4Fauji is a first of its kind initiative, launched to support innovations identified by members of the Indian Armed Forces and will bolster frugal innovation ideas from soldiers and field formations.
DPIIT shares list of 24 key sectors with ministries to boost manufacturing
- The DPIIT has shared a list of 24 key sectors including food processing, toys, furniture, agro chemicals and textiles with respective ministries asking them to work on an action plan with a view to boost domestic manufacturing and make India a self-reliant country, an official stated.
- The other sectors include organic farming, iron, aluminium and copper, electronics, industrial machinery, furniture, leather and shoes, and auto parts.
- The government wants to make India a self-reliant country in these segments, boost exports and become a global supplier.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is working actively on promoting domestic manufacturing of toys and furniture.
- Promoting manufacturing would help create more jobs and push India’s dwindling exports.
- The manufacturing sector contributes about 15 per cent to the country’s economy and the government is aiming to increase it significantly.
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for April-July contracted by 29.2 per cent. The manufacturing sector constitutes about 78 per cent of the IIP.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. Wikipedia
- Founded: 1995
- Parent organization: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Amnesty International suspends India operations after accounts are frozen
- Amnesty International has halted its operations in India after the “complete freezing” of its bank accounts by the Indian government, the not-for-profit human rights organization.
- Staff have been laid off, and campaign and research work in the region paused.
- Amnesty has been critical of the Indian government in recent years, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s move to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir last year.
About Amnesty International
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
- Secretary-General: Kumi Naidoo
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI extends WMA limit relaxations for six months
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the interim relaxation in WMA (Ways and Means Advances) limits and OD (overdraft) regulations for States/ Union Territories (UTs) for another six months till March 31, 2021.
- Both these relaxations, which are aimed at helping States/UTs overcome short-term liquidity mismatches, are currently available till September 30, 2020. Under WMA, States/ UTs get short-term credit up to three months from the RBI to bridge temporary mismatches in cash flows.
- On April 17, the RBI had announced an increase in WMA limit of the States/UTs by 60 per cent over and above the level as on March 31.
- Further, in order to provide flexibility to State governments to tide over their cash flow mismatches, the OD regulations were relaxed with effect from April 7.
- Under the OD relaxation, the number of days for which a State/ UT can be in overdraft continuously was increased to 21 working days from 14 working days; and the number of days for which a State/ UT can be in overdraft in a quarter was increased to 50 working days from 36 working days. The interest rate on WMA is the Repo rate (4 per cent).
- For OD up to 100 per cent of WMA limit, the interest rate is 2 per cent above the Repo rate. For OD exceeding 100 per cent of the WMA limit, the interest rate is 5 per cent above the Repo rate.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Shri M. K. Jain, Shri B.P. Kanungo, Michael Debabrata Patra.
Yes Bank joins hands with BSE to empower small business companies
- Yes Bank has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BSE — India’s premier exchange and the world’s fastest Stock Exchange to empower the SME segment through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes.
- Under this MoU, both BSE and Yes Bank will conduct knowledge events for SMEs, export promotion of SME scale companies, in addition to providing banking and financial solutions.
- This MoU shall further entail services pertaining to development and imparting industry-specific and related knowledge-based information. The Bank will also offer customised services and products to the listed SME members of the platform and advisory solutions to EXIM potential listed SMEs.
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Vikramajit Sen: (Chairman)
- Ashishkumar Chauhan: (MD & CEO)
IDBI Bank becomes first bank to enable document embedding feature on SFMS
- IDBI Bank has become the first lender to enable document embedding feature on a structured financial messaging system managed by Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services, according to a release.
- Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India. IDBI Bank Limited becomes the first bank to have implemented the new feature of document embedding facility with Letter of Credit/Bank Guarantee messages over SFMS platform of IFTAS through its middleware application [email protected] developed by IDBI Intech Limited, the bank has stated .
- In an effort to further digitise the financial transactions and to secure the financial communication system, IFTAS has introduced the feature of document embedding, along with Letter of Credit/ Bank Guarantee messages.
- Transmission of digitally signed documents ensures the reliability of the transaction. “The new feature will ease the current process of manual verification, reconciliation, reduce frauds, and enable documentary evidence for all the parties involved in the transaction,” the bank stated.
- Reliability of the Bank Guarantee gets enhanced when a copy of the stamp duty information gets embedded and transmitted along with the message itself
About IDBI bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rakesh Sharma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
CM Jagan Mohan Reddy to launch YSR Jala Kala scheme
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch YSR Jala Kala.
- Under the scheme, borewells will be dug free of cost to the needy farmers. The scheme is estimated to bring in five lakh acres under cultivation through groundwater irrigation.
- Around three lakh farmers will be benefited from YSR Jala Kala, which is estimated to cost Rs 2,340 crore in four years.
- The government plans to drill about two lakh borewells to enable groundwater irrigation to the upland farmers and those in arid areas depending on the availability and the level of water table.
- The state government has also developed a software application to monitor the implementation of the scheme. The farmers will get text messages in their registered mobile phone numbers on the status of their applications at every stage.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Judicial Capital: Kurnool, Executive Capital: Vishakhapatnam, Legislative Capital: Amravati
Odisha to be slum-free in three years: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- The slum upgradation and de-listing initiative aims at improving the living conditions of 18 lakh slum dwellers by providing them with piped water supply, paved roads, storm water drains, street lights, sanitation, household electricity, community spaces and recreational areas.
- On the occasion, the Chief Minister initiated the second phase of distribution of land entitlement certificates (LECs) from Balasore through video conference. This will benefit 1.05 lakh families in the entire State.
- Distribution of LECs has come ahead of the by-poll to the Balasore Assembly constituency which is likely to be announced by the Election Commission of India (ECI) soon. About 2,054 persons of 41 slums of Balasore were provided LECs.
- An MoU was signed between the Housing and Urban Development department and Delhi-based Centre for Policy Research (CPR). The CPR will be the knowledge partner for the implementation of the project.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
PFC signs MoU with Ministry of Power detailing targets for FY 2020-21
- Power Finance Corporation Limited, PFC has signed a performance-based Memorandum of Understanding, MoU with the Ministry of Power detailing various targets to be achieved by PFC during FY 2020-21.
- The MoU was signed by Power Secretary Sanjiv Nandan Sahai and CMD of PFC R.S. Dhillon in presence of senior officials of the Ministry of Power and PFC.
- Government of India has set an ambitious revenue target of 36 thousand crore rupees along with various performance-related parameters such as Operating Profit as percentage of Revenue from Operation, PAT as a percentage of Average Net Worth and Non-financial parameters namely IPDS-related parameters.
- PFC has been delivering exemplary performance from the past years and the ratings from the Government of India stands testimony to the performance.
About Power Finance Corporation Limited:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Ravinder Singh Dhillon IAS: Chairman & MD
Gujarat govt signs MoU with Denmark in water sector
- Gujarat Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding -MoU with Denmark in the water sector. According to official sources, the state government arm Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has signed the MoU with ‘Danish Water Forum’ through an online interactive platform.
- This will help in technology exchange, training, capacity building, knowledge exchange, cooperation in water supply, wastewater treatment- reuse and water management between the two organizations.
- MoU has been signed for a five-year period in order to set up Indo-Danish Water Technology Alliance in Gujarat and contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal -6.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
About Denmark :
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Telangana: Dharani land web portal to be launched on Dussehra
- The chief minister ofTelangana K Chandrasekhar Rao will launch a web portal named “Dharani” for integrated land record management on Dussehra( Oct 26th ).
- He wanted the officials to keep the software, hardware and bandwidth of the portal ready before the launch.
- He said all over the state,registration rates would be fixed survey number-wise and the registrations would be done as per the fixed rates.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
NCRPB launches P-MIS portal
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the Project Management Information System (P-MIS) portal of the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) to monitor the progress of projects and administering loans.
- “P-MIS is a major step in using digital/mobile technology to improve transparency and accountability in monitoring progress of projects and administering loans. This portal is well-timed during Covid-19 when use of technology has grown tremendously,” stated Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA.
- NCRPB has sanctioned over 15,000 crore loan in over Rs.31,000-crore worth of projects, and 265 projects of more than Rs.18,500 crore are complete and the rest are under construction, he added.
- “P-MIS will bring ease in review and management of projects, and provide information and opportunity to give feedbacks to the citizens,” stated Mishra.
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Uttar Pradesh
- Durga Shanker Mishra, IAS, Secretary (Housing and Urban Affairs)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Aamir Khan is the new brand ambassador of Vedantu
- Ed-tech start-up Vedantu, that offers live online tutoring has appointed actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador.
- The platform has also launched ad films with the actor, that highlights the pros of the platforms.
- Vedantu with its new ad campaign aims to make quality LIVE online learning accessible to every child, every home with India’s best curated teacher.
Noted filmmaker Shekhar Kapur appointed president of FTII Society & chairman of FTII Governing Council
- Noted Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has been named as the President of Film and Television Institute of India, FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII.
- Mr Kapur has directed several films, many of which are critically acclaimed. The Movies include Masoom, Mr. India, Bandit Queen and Elizabeth.
About Film and Television Institute of India
- President: Shekhar Kapur
- Director: Bhupendra Kainthola
- Location: Pune
Twitter Inc appoints Rinki Sethi as new information security head
- Twitter Inc appointed Rinki Sethi, a former information security executive at IBM, as its chief information security officer, the social media company stated in a tweet .
- Sethi had previously worked as the vice president of information security at cyber-security firm Palo Alto Networks Inc, according to her LinkedIn profile.
- Reuters reported in July that Twitter, which had been without a security chief since December, stepped up its search in the weeks before the breach of high-profile accounts on its platform.
About Twitter :
- CEO: Jack Dorsey
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
RBI appoints Additional Director on Dhanlaxmi Bank board
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed one more official from its Bengaluru Regional Office as Additional Director on the board of Dhanlaxmi Bank.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank, in a regulatory filing, stated: it is hereby informed that the RBI has appointed DK Kashyap, General Manager, Reserve Bank of India, Bengaluru Regional Office, as Additional Director on the board of the bank for a period of two years with effect from September 28to September 27, or till further orders, whichever is earlier.”
- With this appointment, the central bank now has two additional directors on the Thrissur-based bank’s board.
- In February 2020, G Jagan Mohan, General Manager, RBI, Bengaluru Regional Office, was appointed as Additional Director on the board of the bank for a period of two years with effect from February 27 to February 26or till further orders, whichever is earlier.
About Dhanlaxmi Bank:
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Chairman: Mr. Sajeev Krishnan
SAIL chairman Anil Kumar Chaudhary nominated as head of CII’s public sector enterprises council
- Industry body CII has nominated Anil Kumar Chaudhary, Chairman, SAIL as the Chairman of its PSE Council. This PSE Council plays a vital role in the overall functioning of CII, which works with Government and the public sector enterprises on various policy issues and serves as a reference point for the industry.
- Formed in 2007, the Council has grown from strength to strength over the years. Today, it consists of 96 members comprising 10 Maharatnas, 14 Navratnas and 72 Miniratnas.
- The Chairman of CII PSE Council acts as the key interface between government and the members of the Council. The Chairman also represents the Council in all the meetings and networking with the government/policy makers for taking forward the economic and enterprise policy advocacy framework.
- President: Uday Kotak
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Sonu Sood honoured with Special Humanitarian Action Award by UNDP
- Actor Sonu Sood who has been dubbed a ‘superhero’ for his philanthropic work during the pandemic-induced lockdown, has been conferred with the SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- With this Sonu Sood joins the likes of Angelina Jolie, David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Watson, Liam Neeson, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and Priyanka Chopra who have been similarly honoured by different UN bodies.
- Sonu Sood who tirelessly worked to help stranded migrant workers get to their homes during the lockdown, had recently revealed he is also planning to write a book about his experiences.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Achim Steiner
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Rajnath Singh Launches Book ‘A Bouquet of Flowers’ by Author Dr Krishna Sakshena
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘A bouquet of flowers’, a book written by author Dr Krishna Saksena, in Delhi.
- Saksena, 92, a retired English professor, was the first woman to get a PhD from Lucknow in the year 1955.
- The book has been designed to allow the readers to travel their own journey and arrive at their own very personal realisation and be inspired by it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List for ninth year
- Mukesh Ambani, chairman and MD of Reliance Industries, ranked at the top on the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List for the ninth consecutive year, with a total wealth of Rs 6,58,400 crore.
- Ambani is followed by London-based Hinduja brothers (SP Hinduja, along with his three brothers) with a joint wealth of Rs 1,43,700 and HCL founder Shiv Nadar with a wealth of Rs 1,41,700 crore. Radhakishan Damani, founder of Avenue Supermarts, debuted in the top 10 list this year with a net worth of Rs 87,200 crore that put him at the 7th spot.
- The other Indians among the top 10 with a net worth more than Rs 1,000 crore include Gautam Adani & family (Rs 1,40,200 cr), Azim Premji (Rs 1,14,400 cr), Cyrus S. Poonawalla (Rs 94,300 cr), Uday Kotak (Rs 87,000 cr), Dilip Shanghvi (Rs 84,000 cr) and Cyrus and Shapoor Pallonji Mistry (Rs 76,000 cr).
- Hurun Report India and IIFL Wealth Management Ltd. released the ninth edition of IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2020.
- The list ranks the richest individuals in India with net worth of Rs 1,000 crore or more as on 31 August 2020. This year, 828 Indians including 50 women, featured on the list. Of them, 64 per cent are self-made, while two per cent are professional managers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
2 new species of wetland plant discovered in Western Ghats
- Scientists have discovered two new species of pipeworts, a type of wetland plant, in areas along the Western Ghats in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Scientists from Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) claim that the species display different floral characters than previously known species
- The species found in Maharashtra has been named Eriocaulon parvicephalum and the Karnataka species is being called Eriocaulon karaavalense.
- Researchers claim that figuring out the species within the wild is a problem, primarily on account of their tiny dimension. Its tiny seeds and flowers make the identification of the species tough.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Assam’s only woman CM Syeda Anwara Taimur passes away
- Syeda Anwara Taimur, the only woman to have become the Chief Minister of Assam till now, passed away in Australia. She was 84.
- Taimur, a Congress politician then, was the CM from December 1980 to June next year.
- She became an MLA in 1972, 1978, 1983 and 1991; was a minister in Assam twice; and a Rajya Sabha MP twice (nominated in 1988 and elected in 2004).
Noted writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee Dr GS Amur passes away aged 95
- Veteran critic and versatile writer Dr G S Amur has passed away due to age-related ailments. He was 95.
- The literateur, known for his proficiency in both Kannada and English, was a recipient of several prestigious honours, including the Sahitya Akademi Award, Rajyotsava Award and Bharatiya Bhasha Award.
- Amur had just been conferred with this year’s Nrupatunga award for lifetime’s work in literary criticism by Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC).
Veteran songwriter Abhilash, best known for Itni Shakti Hame Dena, passes away aged 74
- Veteran songwriter Abhilash, best known for the song ‘Itni Shakti Hame Dena Daata’ from the 1986 film has passed away at 74. He was suffering from a stomach illness.
- In a career spanning five decades, Abhilash wrote songs for films such as Raftaar (1975) and Awara Ladki (1975) and worked for composers such as Usha Khanna and Bappi Lahiri. He also wrote songs for films such as Sawan Ko Aane Do (1979), Jeete Hain Shaan Se (1988) and Hulchul (1995).
DAILY CA 29th SEP
- World Deaf Day- 27th sep
- World Rabies Day- 28th sep
- International Day for Universal Access to Information– 28th sep
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste- 29th sep
- World Rivers Day 2020 -fourth Sunday of September
- September 27, 2020 – International Daughters Day
- World Contraception Day- 26 September
- World Heart Day – 29th sep
- ICAR Announces KRITAGYA Hackathon Under National Agricultural Higher Education Project
- Govt committed to increase public healthcare spending from existing 1.15% of GDP to 2.5 % by 2025: Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Railway rolls out User Depot Module to completely digitize its supply chain
- Centre releases first instalment of over Rs. 19,000 Crore for Paddy procurement in three states under MSP Scheme
- Vakrangee gets RBI nod to set up BBPS unit to handle billing services
- RBI approves 3-member committee of directors to manage Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- SBI Card launches new brand campaign ‘Contactless Connections’
- Flipkart, Bajaj Allianz launch cyber insurance cover
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launches scheme on lines of PM-Kisan
- NABARD embarking on Sanitation Literacy Campaign in Karnataka
- Maharashtra governor launches cancer institute’s chemo recovery kits
- Maharashtra bans sale of loose cigarettes, beedis; becomes first state to do so
- UP’s First Conservation Centre For Vultures To Come Up In Gorakhpur Forest Division
- Assam govt develops new mobile app for air passengers
- Virgin Hyperloop, BIAL sign MoU to study feasibility of high-speed corridor
- Lebanon: Prime Minister-designate Mustapha Adib resigns
- Former Mali Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane named transitional PM
- Kerala startup Entri signs up Robin Uthappa as brand ambassador
- Senior IAS PD Vaghela appointed as new TRAI chairman
- UP govt bags 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- Maha govt announces Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for 2020-21 to Usha Mangeshkar
- MeitY and NITI Aayog to organize mega virtual summit on AI- RAISE 2020
- Valtteri Bottas wins Russian GP
- Gurpreet, Sanju declared winners of AIFF Player of the Year Awards
DAILY CA 30th SEP
- International Translation Day- 30th sep
- PM Modi to inaugurate 6 mega projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveils Defence Acquisition Procedure
- Rajnath Singh launches Defence India Startup Challenge-4, releases PMA guidelines for iDEX
- DPIIT shares list of 24 key sectors with ministries to boost manufacturing
- Amnesty International suspends India operations after accounts are frozen
- RBI extends WMA limit relaxations for six months
- Yes Bank joins hands with BSE to empower small business companies
- IDBI Bank becomes first bank to enable document embedding feature on SFMS
- CM Jagan Mohan Reddy to launch YSR Jala Kala scheme
- Odisha to be slum-free in three years: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- PFC signs MoU with Ministry of Power detailing targets for FY 2020-21
- Gujarat govt signs MoU with Denmark in water sector
- Telangana: Dharani land web portal to be launched on Dussehra
- NCRPB launches P-MIS portal
- Aamir Khan is the new brand ambassador of Vedantu
- Noted filmmaker Shekhar Kapur appointed president of FTII Society & chairman of FTII Governing Council
- Twitter Inc appoints Rinki Sethi as new information security head
- RBI appoints Additional Director on Dhanlaxmi Bank board
- SAIL chairman Anil Kumar Chaudhary nominated as head of CII’s public sector enterprises council
- Sonu Sood honoured with Special Humanitarian Action Award by UNDP
- Rajnath Singh Launches Book ‘A Bouquet of Flowers’ by Author Dr Krishna Sakshena
- Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List for ninth year
- 2 new species of wetland plant discovered in Western Ghats
- Assam’s only woman CM Syeda Anwara Taimur passes away
- Noted writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee Dr GS Amur passes away aged 95
- Veteran songwriter Abhilash, best known for Itni Shakti Hame Dena, passes away aged 74