Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Day Against Speciesism
- World Day Against Speciesismis an annual observance held on June 5. Initiated by animal rights advocates, its main goal is to remind people that speciesism, like racism or sexism, has no place in a civilized society.
- World Day Against Speciesism was created to promote this idea among the general public. It is supported by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), and other animal rights groups.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Power Minister launches the ‘#iCommit’ initiative on World Environment Day
- Shri R. K. Singh, the Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, initiated the ‘#iCommit’ campaign, on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The initiative is to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
- The ‘#iCommit’ initiative, driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of Ministry of Power, Government of India is uniting a diverse set of players such as Governments, Corporates, Multilateral and Bilateral Organisations, Think Tanks and Individuals.
- The ‘#iCommit’ initiative is centred around the idea of building an energy resilient future. The pre-requisite for that goal is to create a flexible and agile power system.
- A healthy power sector can help the nation in meeting the objective of energy access and security for all. With the imminent changes in the power system, brought about by innovation such as decentralised solar and electric vehicles, collaboration between all stakeholders will be the way forward and is at the core of ‘#iCommit’ campaign.
- The initiative will also celebrate and promote key undertakings of Government of India such as National Electric Mobility Mission 2020, FAME 1 and 2, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana,the Saubhagya Scheme, Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna (UDAY), Atal Distribution system Improvement Yojna (AJAY), Smart Meter National Programme, Pradhanmantri Kisan Urja Surakshaevam Utthan Mahaabhiya (KUSUM), Solar Parks, Grid Connected Rooftop, Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LED for All (UJALA), Atal Jyoti Yojna (AJAY) amongst others
- Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy – R K Singh
- Constituency- Arrah, Bihar
CSIR, AIM join hands to promote culture of innovation, entrepreneurship
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR has come together with Atal Innovation Mission, AIM to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in various sectors. In this regard, a Letter of Intent was signed between CSIR and Niti Aayog. These two organizations joined hands to support world class start-ups through CSIR incubators under Atal Innovation Mission initiatives and working together on new models of innovation including setting up of CSIR Innovation Parks.
- Both organizations will work in tandem to stimulate innovation and research in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises industry in collaboration with ARISE initiative of AIM. This initiative works to stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry. CSIR is working with MSMEs to provide technical solutions to the industries. These two organizations will also collaborate in creating problem solving mind-set across schools in India through close cooperation between Atal Tinkering Labs and Jigyasa.
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories that have been working to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and CSIR’s JIGYASA a student-scientist connect programme where more than three lakhs students across the country have been exposed to science and technology. This will enhance the opportunities for students and stimulate their scientific thinking and temperament.
- Director General: Shekhar C. Mande
- Head Quarters : New Delhi
About Atal Innovation Mission:
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country.
- AlM’s objectives are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
EESL and USAID Announce the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” Initiative
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of PSUs under Ministry of Power, in partnership with the S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) MAITREE program, launched the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” initiative that will pioneer ways to make workplaces healthier and greener.
- The Market Integration and Transformation Program for Energy Efficiency (MAITREE), under which this initiative has been launched, is a part of the US-India bilateral Partnership between the Ministry of Power and USAID
and is aimed at accelerating the adoption of cost-effective energy efficiency as a standard practice within buildings, and specifically focuses on cooling.
- Poor air quality has been a concern in India for quite some time and has become more important in light of the COVID pandemic. As people return to their offices and public spaces, maintaining good indoor air quality is essential for occupant comfort, well-being, productivity and the overall public health. Most buildings in India are not equipped to establish and maintain healthy indoor air quality and need to be upgraded. Such retrofit measures, like increasing outside air and additional filtration in the air conditioning system, typically come at the cost of occupant comfort and increased energy use. Nor are there standardized approaches to retrofitting.
- The EESL office pilot will address this problem by developing specifications for future use in other buildings throughout the country, as well as aid in evaluating the effectiveness and cost benefits of various technologies and their short and long-term impacts on air quality, comfort, and energy use.
About Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- Rajeev Sharma (Chairman)
- Saurabh Kumar (Managing Director)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
NABARD provides Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has made available a Special Liquidity Facility (SLF) of Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank for supporting the agricultural activities of the farmers.
- NABARD has provided Rs 25,000 crore nationwide for providing liquidity support to Cooperative Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during 2020-21 with a view to ensuring continued flow of credit to farmers to carry out their agricultural operations smoothly even during COVID-19 pandemic period.
- This fund is a front loaded liquidity support and this separate line of credit would prove to be a boon to the agriculture credit of the state at this difficult hour and would enable our farmer friends to intensify their crop production by getting adequate and timely credit.
- Founded- 12 July 1982
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- Chairperson- Govinda Rajulu Chintala
HDFC Bank launches summer treats
- With the easing of the lockdown restrictions, private sector HDFC Bank announced a special Summer Treats campaign with offers for both merchants and, salaried and self-employed customers.
- As part of the campaign, the bank will offer no cost EMI and no down payment for large appliances, discounts and cashbacks on select brands and 50 per cent extra reward points on online spend using credit cards.
- It will also have exclusive offers on the bank’s lending products as well as extra rewards on online spends via Debit Card Credit Card or Payzapp.
- Last October, HDFC Bank had launched a similar Festive Treats campaign.
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline : We understand your world
Tata AIG Launches Telematics-Based ‘Pay-As-You-Drive’ Cover for Private Cars
- Tata AIG General Insurance has joined the list of a select few insurers to offer usage-based insurance cover to private car owners which reduces the overall premium payout.
- The new policy called ‘AutoSafe’ uses telematics-based next-gen application and device to track the usage of the car and decide on the premium. The app helps policyholders save on premium by selecting the kilometres-driven, promotes safe driving, works as an anti-theft device as it comes with a GPS-based tracking facility.
- Available on all policies offering personal accidental cover to the tune of Rs 15 lakh for owner and driver, this app also tracks the distance the vehicle has covered, live speed and other driving patterns and offers bonus kilometres for good driving at the time of the renewal, the company stated.
- The Autosafe device is GPS-enabled and is linked to a mobile app that records all information, tracks the distance travelled and generates reports about vehicle health or driving patterns of the policyholder. This telematics device is fitted or linked to the car as the insurance policy becomes active and must be kept throughout the policy period.
- This device also comes with a motion sensor and generates fuel-saving reports apart from monitoring hard-braking, nighttime driving and acceleration apart from guarding against fuel slippage and dangerous driving habits.
- Tata AIG General Insurance is a joint venture between the Tatas and the American International Group. Its gross written premium stood at Rs 7,862 crore in FY19, up from Rs 5,567 crore in FY18.
About Tata AIG General Insurance:
- CEO: Neelesh Garg
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
India’s GDP may contract by 1.5% in FY21, says RBI survey
- A survey released by the Reserve Bank has showed that Indian economy may contract by 5 percent in FY21 though the next fiscal is expected to be much better.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) is likely to contract by 1.5 per cent in 2020-21 but is expected to revert to growth terrain next year, when it is likely to grow by 2 per cent, stated the Survey of Professional Forecasters (SPF) sponsored by the RBI.
- It added that real gross fixed capital formation (GFCF) is likely to register negative growth of 6.4 per cent in 2020-21 but is expected to grow by 5.6 per cent in 2021-22.
- Real gross value added (GVA) is expected to decline by 1.7 per cent this fiscal but record 6.8 per cent growth in 2021-22, supported by uptick in industrial and services sector activities, stated the SPF survey based on response of 24 panellists.
- The study added that Real private final consumption expenditure (PFCE) is expected to decline by 0.5 per cent during 2020-21 but likely to record 6.9 per cent growth during 2021-22
- Headline consumer price index (CPI) inflation is expected at 5.6 per cent in Q1:2020-21, but moderate thereafter to 2.8 per cent by the fourth quarter of 2020-21, the study stated
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
UP introduces a MoU Monitoring Mechanism for efficient implementation of investment proposals
- Uttar Pradesh has introduced a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Monitoring Mechanism in a move that aims at better implementation of investment proposals through handholding interested investors and better tracking of the MoUs signed.
- A new MoU tracking portal that will be integrated with its single window systemNivesh Mitra. Besides, all concerned departments will have to assign nodal officers for implementation of the MoUs and multi -level review meetings will be held by the MoU department every month.
- There are two key changes that will be brought about with the introduction of this mechanism- firstly, all interested investors will have one dedicated officer to reach out to and secondly, the concerned department will have to take ownership which will help in fixing accountability.
- As part of the mechanism, review meetings of MoUs with investment proposals of more than Rs 2,000 crore of agriculture and allied sectors will be presided over by the commissioner of agriculture production whereas proposals greater than Rs 2,000 crore for other departments will be chaired by the IIDC.
- Similarly, review meetings with MoUs of investment amount between Rs 500 crore and Rs 2,000 crore will be presided over by the additional chief secretary or principal secretary or secretary of the department which the MoU concerns. All proposals below Rs 500 crore will be reviewed by divisional commissioners.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Governor– Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel
- Chief Minister– Yogi Adityanath
- Capital– Lucknow
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launches online portal to manage waste collection and disposal in state
- The Andhra Pradesh government launched an online waste management platform on the occasion of World Environment Day. The platform will look after the collection and disposal of liquid waste, air pollutants, and hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste in a comprehensive manner.
- The State government has decided to set up APEMC to resolve the existing insufficiency in managing the waste generated and making the waste management sector or market more organised.
- The APEMC has been set up as a government company to handle the industrial waste, The APEMC will work in close coordination with the Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB), with a strong regulatory framework to handle the waste from cradle to grave.
- APPCB will consider and make necessary provisions for industries/organizations to hand over the waste generated by their units, which cannot be treated within their premises, to APEMC for management of waste, in accordance with Environmental Rules and Regulations, the officials stated.
- The APEMC is “India’s first online waste exchange platform” that can deliver 100 per cent safe disposal of toxic wastes. It will properly hold tracking, scrutiny and audit of the waste.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capitals: Amaravati
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala to buy 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 9,093.6 crore
- Abu Dhabi-based Abu Dhabi-based sovereign investor Mubadala Investment Company will invest Rs 9,093.60 crore in Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- Mubadala’s investment will translate into a 85 per cent equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis. With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 87,655.35 crore from leading global technology and growth investors in under six weeks.
- In April 2020, American social mediacompany Facebook, Inc. bought a 9% stake in Jio for $5.7 billion (Rs 43,574 crore)
- American private equity firm Silver Lake Partners bought 15% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 5,655.75 crore ($750 million).
- Vista Equity Partners picked up a 32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 11,367 crore.
- General Atlantic picked up a 34% for Rs 6598.38 crore
- Private equity giant KKR will buy 32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs11,367 crore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Prime minister’s private secretary Rajeev Topno moves to World Bank
- Senior bureaucrat Rajeev Topno, private secretary to the prime minister, has been appointed as senior advisor to the Executive Director (ED), World Bank.
- Besides him, Brajendra Navnit who served in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has been appointed as Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the World Trade Organization (WTO), Geneva, Switzerland.
- Lekhan Thakkar, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, has been appointed Counsellor (Economic) at the Indian Embassy in Beijing, China.
- H Atheli, will be Advisor (Director level) to ED, Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines.
- Anwar Hussain Shaik has been appointed Counsellor, Permanent Mission of India to the
- N Ashok Kumar will be Advisor (Industry and Engineering), Embassy of India, Brussels, Belgium.
About World Bank
- Headquarters- Washington, D.C., United States
- President- David Malpass
Rahul Shrivastava appointed as next Ambassador of India to Romania
- Rahul Shrivastava, a senior diplomat has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Romania.
- Mr Shrivastava, a 1999 batch IFS officer is presently a joint secretary in the ministry.
About Romania :
- Capital: Bucharest
- Currency: Romanian leu
Madurai girl declared ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’
- In Tamil Nadu, a thirteen-year old Madurai girl Nethra has been appointed the Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Association for Development and Peace, the UNADAP. It was in recognition of her role in feeding the poor during the COVID-19 lockdown by her father, a hairdresser by profession.
- For M Nethra, money amounts to nothing unless it is used for serving the needy. It’s this belief that prompted her to make her father, a salon owner, spend his savings of Rs 5 lakh on the hapless migrant labourers, who are hit hard by the Coronavirus-induced lockdown.
- International recognition came calling the 13-year-old girl as she was appointed as ‘Goodwill Ambassador (GWA) for the Poor’ by the United Nations Association for Development and Peace (UNADAP). Nethra’s feat came as a double joy for her family as her father, C Mohan, a resident of Melamadai, was lauded by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his ‘Mann ki Baat’ programme, broadcast.
- The UNADAP recognition brings to the girl the opportunity to address the upcoming Civil Society forums at the UN conferences in New York and Geneva. The position also brings the opportunity to speak to world leaders, academics, politicians and civilians and to encourage them reach out to the poorest of the poor, reads a UNADAP communication, dated June 4. The opportunity apart, the girl has also been awarded the agency’s ‘DIXON Scholarship’ worth Rs 1 lakh.
About Tamil Nadu :
- Capital : Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, founder and current Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited, has been named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year for 2020.
- Shaw, an authoritative voice in India’s pharmaceutical industry, becomes only the third Indian to receive this prestigious award joining the leagues of newly-appointed CII President Uday Kotak who won the award in 2014 and Narayana Murthy – Co-founder of India’s IT giant Infosys.
- Shaw also becomes only the second woman to receive this award after Olivia Lum of Hyflux Limited from Singapore won the title in 2011.
Forbes highest-paid celebrities: Kylie Jenner tops, Akshay Kumar only Indian on the list
- Kylie Jenner and Kanye West topped the annual Forbes list of the highest paid celebrities, but sports stars, including Roger Federer and Lionel Messi, dominated the top 10.
- Forbes estimated that Jenner earned $590 million in the last 12 months, mostly from the sale of a 51% stake in her Kylie Cosmetics line to Coty in 2019.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is the only Indian to feature on Forbes 2020 list of World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities.
- The actor placed on 52nd spot with estimated $48.5 million earnings (approximately Rs 366 crore); he was on the 33rd spot last year with earnings of $65 million.
- Headquarters- New york, United States
- Chief Executive Officer- Michael Federle
Hyderabad airport receives ACI recognition for green practices
- GMR-led Hyderabad based Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) International Airport received the highest Platinum Recognition in the Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2020 in the 15-35 million passengers per annum (MPPA) category.
- Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific has announced the results of the region’s annual Green Airports Recognition 2020 for efficient water management practices.
- The recognition was the outcome of the submissions shared this year focussed on water management documenting approaches to waste-water treatment, water harvesting, recycling and reduction.
- ACI’s Green Airports Recognition programme promotes best environmental practices to minimise the aviation sector’s impact on the environment and recognises ACI Asia-Pacific’s members for outstanding accomplishments in their environmental projects.
- Stefano Baronci, Director General, ACI Asia-Pacific, in a statement stated, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) has been recognised for their outstanding environmental accomplishments in the ACI Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2020. The panel of judges highly praised the water sustainability project at RGIA through using the 4Rs concept of Reduce, Reuse, Recycling and Replenishment.
- Apart from deploying water conservation measures all over the airport complex and the surrounding areas, it has set up efficient sewage treatment plants.
- Apart from a 40-acre recharge basin, the airside contains 10 artificial recharge wells. It has set up a cloud-based automatic irrigation system across the 80 acres of landscape spread along the 8.4-km stretch of the airport spine road.
About Airports Council International (ACI):
- located : Montreal, Quebec
- Director General, ACI Asia-Pacific : Stefano Baronci
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Fit India to launch special films promoting 10 indigenous sports of India under Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat
- Sports Ministry’s flagship programme Fit India is joining hands with the Department of School Education and Literacy, to launch a series of special films promoting 10 indigenous sports of India under the Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat
- The series is aimed at creating awareness about not just the indigenous games but also the culture and heritage of the states to which they belong. Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat aims to create awareness among youngsters about the culture and heritage of states across India. This initiative aims to further that effort.
- These special films have been customized for school-going children to make them aware of the history and heritage of the state from which a game emanates, the particular sport as well as how it is played
- The short films have been curated in a manner to highlight and bring forth the origin, progress and other key aspects of each sport. The 10 sports to be covered in the series are Kho-kho, Gatka, Kalaripayttu, Mallakhamb, Thang-Ta, Sqay, Kabaddi, Roll Ball, Tug of War and Shooting Ball. The indigenous sports of India cover a mix of very old sports, for example, Kalaripayattu, and some as recent as Roll Ball which has gained a lot of popularity and is now played in at least 50 countries spread over 5 continents.
Chelsea women awarded WSL title, Aston Villa win Women”s C”ship
- Chelsea FC Women were named the Womens Super League champions overtaking Manchester City on a points-per-game record, following the termination of the 2019/20 season last month.
- The Blues were in second place but with one game in hand over Manchester City who were a point ahead when it was decided the league is to finish prematurely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On the basic points-per-game system, Aston Villa Women were announced as champions of the Women”s Championship.
- In addition, Chelsea and Manchester City will be nominated as the two English clubs to qualify for the 2020/21 UEFA Women”s Champions League competition, having finished in the top two places of the 2019/20 Women”s Super League season.
- The final team positions across both leagues also confirmed that Aston Villa would be promoted to the Women”s Super League for the 2020-21 season, and that Liverpool would be relegated to the Women”s Championship for the 2020-21 season.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Ex-Pakistan first-class cricketer Riaz Sheikh dies of suspected coronavirus
- Former Pakistan first-class cricketer Riaz Sheikh became the second professional player in the country to die because of suspected coronavirus.
- Sheikh, a popular figure in Pakistan’s domestic circuit, was a coach at the Moin Khan Academy.
- Former Pakistani first-class cricketer Zafar Sarfraz, 50, was the first professional player in the country to die after contracting the novel coronavirus in Peshawar in April.
Bollywood lyricist Anwar Sagar passes away
- Veteran lyricist Anwar Sagar passed away. He was 70.
- Among his notable hits is “Waada Raha Sanam” in Abbas-Mustan”s 1992 release, “Khiladi”, starring Akshay Kumar, and “Yeh dua hai mere rab se” in the 1992 release, “Sapne Saajan Ke”. He also wrote the title song of the 1992 Divya Bharti-starrer, “Dil Ka Kya Kasoor”.
- He penned the lyrics in films like the 1994 Ajay Devgn-Tabu starrer “Vijaypath” and David Dhawan”s 1995 release, “Yaraana”, starring Rishi Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit and Raj Babbar.
Management guru Pritam Singh dies of cardiac arrest
- Acclaimed management guru and Padma Shri awardee, Pritam Singh, died following a cardiac arrest. He was 78. He served as independent director in several private companies.
- Singh was a former director of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Lucknow and Management Development Institute (MDI) in Gurgaon and director general at RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group-promoted International Management Institute (IMI) in New Delhi. He was also a former professor and dean of IIM-Bangalore.
- Among others, he was a non-executive independent director on the board of Hero MotoCorp Ltd and served on the board of Godrej Properties Ltd and Parsvnath Developers Ltd. A mentor to several current academic leaders, Singh was a resident of Gurugram.
DAILY CA 5th JUNE
- World Environment Day- 5th june
- Union HRD Minister and MoS Housing & Urban Affairs jointly launch TULIP, an Internship Program with ULBs across the country, in New Delhi
- Prakash Javadekar launches Urban Forest programme on World Environment Day
- Cabinet approves renaming of Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust
- 60 million could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020 : World Bank President
- Mastercard, Axis Bank and Worldline launch Soft POS to enable smartphones to be used as POS devices
- RBI to set up 500-cr fund to expand payment infrastructure
- Hyundai introduces upgraded online retail platform ‘Click to Buy’
- Andhra Pradesh govt gives Rs 10,000 each to 2.62 lakh auto, cab drivers in state
- Kerala implements ‘Food forest’ project in tribal belts of Attapady
- Chhattisgarh govt launches ‘Spandan Campaign’ to check suicide and fratricide
- J&K launches app to provide salary information to employees
- GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services sign MoU for development of Trigeneration projects in India
- Adidas India appoints former Miss World Manushi Chillar as brand ambassador
- On Menstrual Hygiene Day, Manushi Chhillar teams up with UNICEF to spread awareness about menstruation
- Prime Minister Addresses the virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020
- WEF Davos summit to focus on ‘The Great Reset’ in 2021
- 8 Indian institutes in top 100, IITs on a ‘decline’: Times Higher Education Asia University Ranking
- DRDO develops device to keep PPE wearers comfortable, without sweating
- Indian Author Luke Coutinho’s New Book To Promote Benefits Of ‘dry Fasting’ Diet
- AFC Grants India the Rights to Host AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Finals
- Veteran filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passes away
DAILY CA 6th JUNE
- World Day Against Speciesism- 5th june
- Power Minister launches the ‘#iCommit’ initiative on World Environment Day
- CSIR, AIM join hands to promote culture of innovation, entrepreneurship
- EESL and USTATED Announce the “Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings” Initiative
- NABARD provides Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- HDFC Bank launches summer treats
- Tata AIG Launches Telematics-Based ‘Pay-As-You-Drive’ Cover for Private Cars
- India’s GDP may contract by 1.5% in FY21, says RBI survey
- UP introduces a MoU Monitoring Mechanism for efficient implementation of investment proposals
- Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launches online portal to manage waste collection and disposal in state
- Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala to buy 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 9,093.6 crore
- Prime minister’s private secretary Rajeev Topno moves to World Bank
- Rahul Shrivastava appointed as next Ambassador of India to Romania
- Madurai girl declared ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020
- Forbes highest-paid celebrities: Kylie Jenner tops, Akshay Kumar only Indian on the list
- Hyderabad airport receives ACI recognition for green practices
- Fit India to launch special films promoting 10 indigenous sports of India under Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat
- Chelsea women awarded WSL title, Aston Villa win Women”s C”ship
- Ex-Pakistan first-class cricketer Riaz Sheikh dies of suspected coronavirus
- Bollywood lyricist Anwar Sagar passes away
- Management guru Pritam Singh dies of cardiac arrest