Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or Non Resident Indian Day is a celebratory day observed on 9 January by the Republic of India to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community towards the development of India.
- The day commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa to Ahmedabad on 9 January 1915.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University to get status of Institution of National Importance
- The Cabinet approved conferring the status of Institution of National Importance to a cluster of Ayurvedic institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University campus in Jamnagar.
- Briefing reporters in New Delhi after the cabinet meeting, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar stated, the elevation of the status of institution will provide it with the autonomy to upgrade the standard of Ayurveda education, frame various courses in Ayurveda as per national and international demand.
- It will help the institute to develop tertiary care in Ayurveda and to secure inter-disciplinary collaborations to give a contemporary thrust to Ayurveda.
- Considering the rapidly growing role of AYUSH Systems in addressing the Public Health challenges of India, conferring the status of National Importance will boost the role and importance of Ayurveda in Public Health.
- The strengthening of Ayurveda will reduce government expenditure on health as Ayurveda is cost-effective because of its preventive and curative approaches. A bill to that effect will be introduced in the ensuing Session of Parliament.
- India-Mongolia agreement on space cooperation
The Cabinet gave its approval for an Agreement between India and Mongolia on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for Peaceful and Civilian Purposes.The agreement was signed in New Delhi on 20th September last year during the visit of the President of Mongolia to India.
- The Cabinet also gave its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department for International Development Government of the United Kingdom for Enabling Energy Self-Sufficiency for Indian Railways.
- The Cabinet was apprised of the Agreement on cooperation in polar science between Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India and Ministry of Education and Research, Sweden. The MoU was signed on 2nd of last month during the visit of King and Queen of Sweden to India.
- The Cabinet gave its approval for the ratification of Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France. The Agreement was signed in March 2018 during the State visit of the French President to India.
- The Cabinet also gave its ex-post-facto approval on the Memorandum of Cooperation between Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on cooperation in the field of Health signed in November last year.
- The Cabinet was apprised of information about the amendments moved to the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 as passed by the Rajya Sabha.
- Amendments will ensure concurrence of the State Governments while formulating National Transport Policy and making schemes for national, multimodal and inter-state transportation of goods and passengers by the Central Government.
Govt approves over Rs 5000 cr project for natural gas supplies in Northeast
- The Government has approved the Viability Gap Funding, VGF of 5 thousand, 559 crore rupees to Indra dhanush Gas Grid Limited to build Natural Gas Pipeline Grid covering 8 North Eastern states.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA approved the capital grant in New Delhi . This is second such funding by the government for gas pipeline project.
- The total cost of the grid is 9 thousand 256 crore rupees and sanctioned VGF amount will cover 60 per cent cost of the project.
- The 1,656-km pipeline will connect Guwahati in Assam to major cities in the region such as Itanagar, Dimapur, Kohima, Imphal, Aizawl and
Centre notifies new Wetland Conservation Rules
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has notified the new Wetland Conservation Rules which prohibit setting up or expansion of industries and disposal of construction and demolition waste within the wetlands.
- A wetland is a land area that is saturated with water, either permanently or seasonally, and it takes on the characteristics of a distinct ecosystem. The Ministry has stated that each state and Union Territory will have to set up an authority that will define strategies for conservation and wise use of wetlands within their jurisdiction.
- The Authority will prepare a list of all wetlands of the State or UT within three months from the date of publication of these rules. It will develop a comprehensive list of activities to be regulated and permitted within the notified wetlands and their zone of influence. It will also recommend mechanisms for maintenance of ecological character through promotional activities for land within the boundary of notified wetlands.
- The Ministry has also created a web portal for sharing information regarding the implementation of Wetlands Rules where the central government, state governments are required to upload all relevant information and documents pertaining to wetlands in their jurisdiction.
IP based Video Surveillance System being installed by Indian Railways at railway stations to enhance security
- Railway Board has approved works for provision of Video Surveillance System covering 983 stations under Nirbhaya funds
- RailTel has been entrusted with the work of providing IP based VSS with video analytics and facial recognition system
- In order to enhance security at Railway stations which are major hubs of transportation, Indian Railways is in the process of installing Internet Protocol (IP) based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at stations, that is, waiting halls, reservation counters, parking areas, main entrance/ exit, platforms, foot over bridges, booking offices etc.
- Railway Board has approved works for provision of Video Surveillance System covering 983 stations over Indian Railways under Nirbhaya funds. This year a budget of 250 crore was allotted to Indian Railways from Nirbhaya fund for installation of video surveillance system.
- RailTel, a Miniratna PSU under Ministry of Railways, has been entrusted with the work of providing IP based VSS with video analytics and facial recognition system.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Art Exhibition inaugurated to mark 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in Bangladesh
- A ten-day-long art exhibition commemorating 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was inaugurated in Dhaka. The art exhibition has been organised by the Indian High Commission in Bangladesh in association with the Bangladesh Shilpkala Academy.
- The exhibition was inaugurated with a floral tribute paid by MP from Noakhali H.M. Ibrahim and MP from Jamalpur Mirza Azam. The two Gandhi Ashrams in Bangladesh are located at Jamalpur and Noakhali.
- A leading thinker on Gandhian ideals, Syed Abul Maksud was the Special Guests of the Ceremony.
- The exhibition will promote appreciation of Mahatma Gandhi’s life of simplicity and devotion to truth.
- The exhibition is the culmination of art camp held in Sreemangal in Sylhet Division last month where 15 young artists worked on the exhibition under the guidance of the renowned artist Prof. Rokeya Sultana.
The exhibition also featured unique photographs of Mahatma Gandhi since his days in South Africa to various movements in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING
SBI announces ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ scheme
- SBICountry’s largest public sector bank, State Bank of India has announced a ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ (RBBG) scheme. It aims at giving a push to residential sales and improve homebuyers’ confidence.
- Under this scheme announced yesterday, the SBI will issue a guarantee for completion of select residential projects to customers who have availed home loans from it.
- The scheme will focus on affordable housing projects priced up to 2.50 crore rupees in 10 cities initially. SBI Chairman stated that this will be a win-win situation for homebuyers, builders and the bank. Under RBBG, the guarantee would be given by the bank till the project gets the occupation certificate (OC).
- The guarantee will be available for RERA registered projects and a project will be considered stuck after it crosses the RERA deadline.
State Bank of India(SBI):
- Formation- 1 July 1955.
- Chairperson- Rajnish Kumar.
- Headquarters- Mumbai.
- Tagline- The banker to every Indian; With you- all the way; A bank of the common man; Pure banking, nothing else.
CCEA approves strategic disinvestment of 49.78 per cent equity shareholding of MMTC
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has given in-principle approval for the sale of equity held by four Central Public Sector Enterprises and two-state PSUs in Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited-NINL.
- It has approved strategic disinvestment of 78 per cent equity shareholding of Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation Limited and 10.10 per cent of National Mineral Development Corporation.
- The CCEA gave approval for strategic disinvestment of 68 per cent of MECON and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited each. 12 per cent disinvestment in Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha Limited and 20.47 per cent in Odisha Mining Corporation in have also been approved.
- NINL is a Joint Venture company, in which these six companies are shareholders.
- The proposed strategic disinvestment of Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited will unlock resources to be used to finance the social sector and developmental programmes of the Government benefiting the public.
Paytm launches all-in-one QR for merchants
Digital payments firm Paytm announced the launch of its all-in-one QR for merchants across the country.
- This QR will enable merchants to accept unlimited payments through Paytm Wallet, Rupay Cards and all UPI-based payment apps directly into their bank account at zero per cent fee.
- The platform offers a single reconciliation of all payments through its ‘Paytm for Business’ app.
- Owned by One97 Communications Limited, the mobile wallet company currently enjoys 54 per cent market share of mobile payments for merchants. “We are very proud to launch an encompassing all-in-one QR for businesses.
- The all-in-one QR is a must-have business tool as it is only payment QR that allows merchants to accept payments from Paytm wallet, all UPI apps, and cards.
- The new smart device for payment processing ‘soundbox‘ is one of the QR merchandise that allows the merchants to hear confirmation of payment receipt, which supports all payment modes and multiple languages.
About paytm :
- CEO: Renu Satti
- Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Founded: August 2010
Headquarters: B-121, Sector 5, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy set to launch Amma Vodi scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch ‘Jagananna Amma Vodi’ programme in Chittoor.
- Under Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme, financial assistance of Rs 15,000 will be given to nearly 43 lakh mothers or guardians to send their children to school.
- With the announcement of the scheme, student enrolment surged by 30 per cent in the current academic year.
- The government in the fiscal year 2019-20 has allocated Rs 6455.80 crore budget for the scheme, in which financial assistance of Rs 15,000 will be provided to the mother or guardian who is below the poverty line, irrespective of the number of children in that family studying in between class 1 and 12.
- The scheme is applicable from the academic year 2019-20 in all the government, private aided, private unaided schools/junior colleges. It will also include residential schools and colleges in the state.
- The scheme is not applicable to dropouts from school or colleges. Government employees and income taxpayers are also not eligible for the scheme.
Gujarat to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center in state
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced the setting up of the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC) to identify, nurture and promote children’s innovation in the state.
- The felicitation ceremony of Children’s Innovation Festival (CIF) held at Swarnim Sankul in
- A letter of intent was exchanged between Gujarat University and UNICEF on this occasion.
- Children’s Innovation Festival – CIF has been organized by Gujarat University Start-ups and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC) – an incubation centre set up by Gujarat University in partnership with UNICEF. CIF initiative was conceptualized to identify, nurture and support children’s innovations in the state.
- The festival was exclusively for the school-going children up to 18 years old. Out of 114 teams, 30 top ideas had been selected by a panel of jury, which have been felicitated at the event.
- Founded: 1946
- Headquarters: New York, United States
31st International Kite Festival launched in Ahmedabad
- In Gujarat, the 31st International Kite Festival has been launched at Sabarmati river front in
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has inaugurated the colourful kite festival, which is also attracting large number of foreign tourists in the state.
- International Kite Festival is being organized at nine other places across the state simultaneously including Statue of Unity- Kevadiya, Surat and Vadodara.
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Recent Festivals in News
- Losar: Ladakh
- Mandi: Madhya Pradesh
- Bali Jatra: Odisha
- Hornbill: Nagaland
- Sanghai: Manipur
- Sirui Lilly: Manipur
- Lai Haraoba festival: Tripura
- Lohri festival: Punjab
J&K registers highest Inpatient Department care in country
- Jammu and Kashmir has registered the highest Inpatient Department, IPD care in the country.
- According to the state-wise fact sheets released by National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi, overall all women in J&K are availing Antenatal Care (ANC) services.
- As per the report, the 96 percent IPD care in rural areas of J&K is provided by Public Health Facilities which is highest against the country’s average of 85 percent.
- In 2016, Jammu and Kashmir had surpassed Kerala as the state with the highest life expectancy in India for all ages, barring life expectancy at birth.
About J &k:
- Lieutenant Governor- Shri Girish Chandra Murumu.
- National Park(NP)- Hemis NP, Dachigam NP, Kazinag NP, Kishtwar NP, Salim Ali NP.
Advantage Maharashtra expo 2020’ to be inaugurated
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray will inaugurate Advantage Maharashtra expo 2020 in
- The four-day mega industrial exhibition has been organised by the Marathwada Association of Small Scale Industries and Agriculture (MASSIA).
- Growth of Marathwada industries in technology and innovation and the products produced and exported from the region will be showcased in this exhibition.
- Convener of the expo Sunil Kirdak informed that over 450 exhibitors from within the state as well as outside the state are participating in this exhibition. He added that conferences and seminars will also be held during the event.
- However, explaining the importance of the event Mr. Kirdak stated that this exhibition will provide the opportunity for ambitious businesses and will serve as the platform for small entrepreneurs
Recent news related to Maharashtra:
- Odisha tagged with Maharashtra under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- The World Youth Chess Championship concluded in Mumbai, Maharashtra on 12 October 2019.
- Maritime Communication Services to offer broadband services to support those travelling at sea was launched at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Foundation Stone for Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) laid In Mumbai
- India, ADB sign $200-million loan agreement for upgrading rural roads in Maharashtra
- President inaugurates underground Bunker Museum at Raj Bhavan Mumbai
- Maharashtra: 1st state to adopt digital fingerprint and iris scanning system
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Pedro Sánchez sworn in as PM of Spain
- Spanish Socialist Party (PSOE) leader Pedro Sánchez was sworn in as the country’s prime minister a day after his proposed coalition with a left-wing party narrowly slipped through a vote in Parliament.
- Sánchez decided to forgo religious symbolism and took oath over the Constitution on the presence of King Felipe VI, the head of state.
- It is the second time in less than two years that the socialist leader has been sworn-in as prime minister.
- Capital :Madrid
- Currency :Euro
Former PM Zoran Milanovic wins Croatia presidential polls
- Zoran Milanovic won Croatia’s presidential election. He is Croatia’scenter-leftist former Prime Minister.
- Mr Milanovic beat Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic – a conservative who won the presidency in 2015 – by 53% to 47%.
- Croatia’s president has a role in foreign policy and security matters but the prime minister runs the country.
- Ms Grabar-Kitarovic, who was elected Croatia’s first female president in January 2015.
- Capital: Zagreb
- Currency: Croatian Kuna.
- Prime Minister: Andrej Plenkovic.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Prashant Kishor and Kanhaiya Kumar feature in ‘list of 20 people to watch in 2020s’
- Prashant Kishor, poll strategist and JD(U) national vice-president and Kanhaiya Kumar, former JNU Students’ Union president from Bihar have found a place in the Forbes India’s prestigious list of ‘20 people to watch in the 2020s’.
- Apart from Prashant and Kanhaiya, other prominent Indians in the list are Dushyant Chautala (deputy CM of Haryana), Mahua Moitra (Lok Sabha member of TMC), the Godrej family (of Adi Godrej) and Garima Arora (chef and the first Indian woman to receive a Michelin star).
- The other people of Indian origin in the list are US-born Hasan Minhaj (comedian, political commentator) and Aditya Mittal (Group CFO and CEO, ArcelorMittal Europe).
- Prominent name among the world fame leaders to find a place in the list are Gotabaya Rajapaksa (President of Sri Lanka), Mohammed bin Salman (Crown Prince, Saudi Arabia), Jacinda Ardern (New Zealand PM), Boris Johnson (PM, the UK), Sanna Marin (Finland PM), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (member of US House of Representatives for New York) and Greta Thunberg (famous environmental activist).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Pune to host fifth edition of global Drosophila conference
- Pune is set to host the fifth edition of the Asia Pacific Drosophila Research Conference (APDRC5), which is being organised in the country for the first time by the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER).
- This biennial conference, which is to be held between January 6 and 10, aims to promote the interaction of Drosophila researchers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- It will bring together scientists from all over the world who use the fruit fly, Drosophila, as a model organism to address basic and applied questions.
- Drosophila is one of the most widely-used and preferred model organisms in biological research across the world for the last 100 years. Several discoveries in biology have been made using this. Its genome is entirely sequenced and there is enormous information available about its biochemistry, physiology and behaviour.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Amit Shah released a book titled Karmayoddha Granth
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah released a book ‘Karmayoddha Granth’ on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Shah talked about the three parts of Prime Minister’s life starting from the phase of dedicating his life to an ideology followed by entry into politics on the ideals of the “sangathan“, and finally upholding the tenets of parliamentary democracy and the Constitution to construct an ideal state.
- Considered as the epitome of selfless service to the nation, Modi laid the foundation of the New India based on ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’, from Gujarat and brought the concept of good governance.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
3 Kerala cities in Economist list of world’s fastest growing urban regions; Malappuram tops
- Three Kerala cities—Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kollam—are among the top-10 fastest growing urban regions, in terms of population, in the world, according to the latest rankings by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Malappuram ranked number 1, while Kozhikode has been ranked number 4; Kollam is in the tenth position. No other Indian city has figured in the top 10 list.
- One city from Vietnam (Can Tho), three from China (Suqian, Suzhou and Putian), one from Nigeria (Abuja), one from UAE (Sharjah), and one from Oman (Muscat) find their place in the list.
- The other Indian cities to figure in the list are Surat (27) and Thiruppur (30). The list has been compiled on the basis of the data provided by the United Nation’s Population Division.
- A similar study published by the BBC last November had Delhi ranked first in the top-20 fastest growing cities list. Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Surat were the other Indian cities in the list.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
2019 second hottest year on record: Eurpean Union climate monitoring service
- Globally temperatures in 2019 were 6 Celsius warmer than the 1981-2010 average
- 2019 was the second hottest year on record and ended the hottest decade in history, the European Union’s climate monitoring service.
- Data released by the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) showed that worldwide temperatures last year were second only to 2016, in which temperatures were boosted 12 degrees Celsius by an exceptionally strong El Nino natural weather event.
- The average temperature in 2019 was only a few hundredths of a degree below the 2016 level.The five last years have been the hottest on record, and the period of 2010-2019 was the hottest decade since records began.
Globally temperatures in 2019 were 0.6 Celsius warmer than the 1981-2010 average. Earth’s temperature over the last five years was 1.1C-1.2C warmer than pre-industrial times.
About European Union:
- The European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe
- Head quarters: Brussels , Belgium.
- President :Ursula von der Leyen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant likely to be commissioned by early 2021
- The manufacturing of the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is currently under phase three which involves setting to work of machinery and other equipment and it is likely to be commissioned by early 2021.
- This carrier is being built at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) in Kochi.
- Currently, phase three of the construction of Vikrant is under progress, which involves setting to work of machinery and equipment, like power generation and propulsion machinery. The carrier is likely to be commissioned by early
- The third phase of construction will go on till acceptance of harbour and sea trials.
- Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh on December 3 had stated that Vikrant will be fully operational by 2022 and it will have a fleet of MiG-29KThe first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant complemented with MiG-29K aircraft will be showcased as part of the Navy’s tableau during the ceremonial parade on Rajpath on the Republic Day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
ITTF executive committee meeting to be held in New Delhi
- New Delhi will host the two-day Executive Committee meeting of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) beginning January 10th.
- This will be the second time the country will be hosting such a meeting. The previous EC meeting of the ITTF was held in New Delhi way back in 1987 when Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) played host to the World Championships in Delhi.
- The EC meeting, to be chaired by ITTF President Thomas Weikert, will discuss the development of table tennis in India, among other issues.
- TTFI has evinced interest in hosting the 2024 World Championships (team events), besides seeking to organise a Platinum Championships in 2021. The bid for hosting the Worlds is yet to open.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Weikert
- CEO: Steve Dainton
- Founded: 1926
Virat Kohli retains top spot; Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara slip in ICC Test rankings
- India skipper Virat Kohli retained his top spot among batsmen while Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane slipped in the latest ICC Test rankings.
- With 928 points, Kohli is way ahead of second-placed Australian maestro Steve Smith (911).
- Pujara was placed sixth, down one rung, with 791 points, while Rahane occupied the ninth spot after slipping a couple of positions with 759 points.
- In bowling, India’s pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah, returning from an injury layoff, remained static at sixth position with 794 points, while spinner Ravichandran Ashwin (772 points) and seamer Mohammed Shami (771) were ninth and 10th respectively.
- Australia’s Marnus Labuschagne grabbed a career-best third place.
Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur banned for four years for doping violation
- Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur has been slapped with a four-year ban for doping by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- The sample of Sarbjeet, who won the 71kg event at the women’s national weightlifting championships in February last year, was collected during 34th Women Senior National Weightlifting Championship held at Vishakhapatnam.
- “The Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel has found weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur guilty of anti-doping rule violation. She has been imposed a penalty of ineligibility for a period of four years. Kaur was tested positive earlier following intake of the prohibited non-specified substance
About National Anti Doping Agency (NADA):
- CEO- Navin Agarwal
- Founded- November 24, 2005
- Headquarters- New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Vellore MP Ulaganambi passes away
- Former Lok Sabha member from Vellore, R.P. Ulaganambi, passed away. He was 82.
- He was elected from Vellore for the DMK and served as an MP in the 5th Lok Sabha during 1971-76.
Veteran Odissi Danseuse Minati Mishra passes away
- Renowned Odissi Danseuse and yesteryear movie actress Odia Padma shri Minati Mishra passed away, at the age of 91. The classical dancer ace suffered from age-related diseases.
- She was also a popular actress in 1960s and had acted in several Odia movies that include Surjya Mukhi, Arundhati, Jiban Sathi, Bhai Bhauja and Sadhana.
- Four of these films had won Presidents award for best regional cinema. She was awarded the Central and State Sangeet Natak Academy Awards for her contribution to Odissi dance.
DAILY CA-8TH JAN
- President Kovind lays foundation stone to Lakshadweep’s first Super Specialty Hospital at Kavaratti
- Special drive launched to remove speed breakers from National Highways
- Sahitya Akademi, Iran Embassy organize Indo-Iranian Writers’ Meet in New Delhi
- India continues to be top sourcing market for Sri Lankan tourism
- Bangladesh High Court orders ban on single use plastic
- Newly-elected Finland Prime Minister Sanna Marin proposes four-day working week
- Mizoram govt to organise Zo Kutpui to unify Mizo tribes
- ‘Buxa Bird Festival’ begins in West Bengal
- BMC declares ODF++ status for Bhubaneswar
- India’s GDP growth rate for 2019-20 estimated at 5%, says NSO
- RBI buys three long-term securities worth Rs10,000 cr in 3rd special OMO
- Equitas Small Finance Bank waives non-maintenance charges
- RBI rolls out new Supervisory Action Framework to tighten norms for UCBs
- RBI gives in-principle nod to Shivalik Mercantile to convert to SFB
- PM Kisan scheme: 50 per cent farmers to be covered this year
- India’s per-capita income rises 8 per cent to 11,254 a month in FY20
- Golden Globe winners 2020
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins African Footballer of the Year award
- Challakere to be ISRO’s astronaut training hub
- SpaceX launches third batch of Starlink satellites part of plan to form global broadband
- NASA’s planet hunter finds Earth-sized world in ‘Goldilocks zone’
- Royal Navy of Oman ships arrive in Goa for naval exercise ”Naseem-Al-Bahr”
- Indian Navy Kicks Off First ‘Maha-Navy Connect 2020’ In Maharashtra
- CISF to observe 2020 as ”year of mobility” for troops” welfare, housing
- Former Western Army Commander Lt Gen PN Hoon passes away
DAILY CA-9TH JAN
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas- 9th jan
- Institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University to get status of Institution of National Importance
- Govt approves over Rs 5000 cr project for natural gas supplies in Northeast
- Centre notifies new Wetland Conservation Rules
- IP based Video Surveillance System being installed by Indian Railways at railway stations to enhance security
- Art Exhibition inaugurated to mark 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in Bangladesh
- SBI announces ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ scheme
- CCEA approves strategic disinvestment of 78 per cent equity shareholding of MMTC
- Paytm launches all-in-one QR for merchants
- Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy set to launch Amma Vodi scheme
- Gujarat to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center in state
- 31st International Kite Festival launched in Ahmedabad
- J&K registers highest Inpatient Department care in country
- Advantage Maharashtra expo 2020’ to be inaugurated
- Pedro Sánchez sworn in as PM of Spain
- Former PM Zoran Milanovic wins Croatia presidential polls
- Prashant Kishor and Kanhaiya Kumar feature in ‘list of 20 people to watch in 2020s’
- Pune to host fifth edition of global Drosophila conference
- Amit Shah released a book titled Karmayoddha Granth
- 3 Kerala cities in Economist list of world’s fastest growing urban regions; Malappuram tops
- 2019 second hottest year on record: Eurpean Union climate monitoring service
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant likely to be commissioned by early 2021
- ITTF executive committee meeting to be held in New Delhi
- Virat Kohli retains top spot; Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara slip in ICC Test rankings
- Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur banned for four years for doping violation
- Former Vellore MP Ulaganambi passes away
- Veteran Odissi Danseuse Minati Mishra passes away