Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Highest ever allocation of Rs. 1,01,500 crore made under Mahatma Gandhi NREGS during financial year 2020-2021
- A provision of 1,01,500 crore has been made under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in the current financial year 2020-2021. It is the highest ever provision of funds under the programme.
- A sum of Rs. 31,493 crore has already been released in 2020-2021, which is more than 50% of the budget estimate of the current Financial Year.
- A total of 60.80 crore person days has been generated so far and work has been offered to 6.69 crore persons. Average number of persons to whom work offered in May 2020 has been 2.51 crore per day, which is 73% higher than the work offered in May last year, which was 1.45 crore persons per day.
- A total of 10 lakh works have been completed so far during the current Financial Year 2020-2021. A sustained focus is on taking up works related to water conservation and irrigation, plantation, horticulture and Individual Beneficiary works for livelihood promotion.
- Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005, is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’. This act was passed in September 2005.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Plantation drive named “Thank Mom” started in Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, a plantation drive named “Thank Mom” has been started on the premises of Social Justice and Disabled Welfare Directorate on World Environment Day.
- All the plants which are planted during this period are being fitted with a plaque in the name of the mother of each employee.
- The employees will take care of the plant just like her mother. Plants of Neem, Guava, Mango, Moonlight, Parijat and Tulsi were planted in the premises.
- Online and offline programs were organized in all the districts on the theme of ‘Time for Nature’, focused on conservation of biodiversity across the state.
- Essay, painting, discussion etc. were also organized online to raise awareness about environmental protection in different sections of the society.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
Rajasthan CM Gehlot launches Online Labour Employment Exchange
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot recently launched the Raj Kaushal Portal and Online Shramik Employment Exchange through video conferencing.
- It is a major initiative taken by the state government after the lockdown, to make it easier for the workers to get employment who are suffering from livelihood losses and to make the labour available to the industries facing labour shortage.
- This centralised system ensures jobs for migrants which will also help to start industries in the state
- Along with nearly 13 lakh migrants who have come back home to the state following the Covid crisis, the portal has a database of more than 50 lakh people categorised by their skill set and work experience. It also holds information of over 11 lakh registered business institutions in the state that can be a potential employer for these workers. Many of these businesses are open for hiring as many of their previous workers from other states have returned home.
- Raj Kaushal app acts as a bridge between industry and labourers, to improve availability of opportunities and empower the economy.
- The portal has details of 13,13,679 migrants workers, 22,33,233 registered construction workers, 3,37,724 Rajasthan Skill and Livelihood Development Corporation-trained individuals and 1,21,253 ITI-trained individuals, amongst others. There are 11,18,810 employers also registered on the portal.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
Karnataka govt launches app for real time info on rains, flooding in Bengaluru
- The Karnataka government launched “Meghasandesha” App that would provide real-time information as well as forecast on rains, flooding and thunderstorm alerts in Bengaluru.
- The app has been developed by Karnataka state natural disaster monitoring centre along with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Department of science and technology among others.
- A dedicated portal, Varunamitra, was also launched that aims to leverage technology driven solutions to manage and mitigate the Urban Floods.
- Bengaluru has taken up a demand driven Project on “Urban Flood Model (UFM) for the city which includes providing a hydrologic model and associated systems for issuing flood / inundation forecasts for Bengaluru city for different rainfall quantum and intensity.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
”Bande Utkala Janani” gets state anthem status in Odisha
- The Odisha Cabinet approved a proposal to give state anthem status to ”Bande Utkala Janani”.
- This patriotic poem was written by Kantakabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra in 1912. It was the opening song of Utkal Sammilani during the fight for the formation of a separate province.
- It will now be played at all government functions and state Assembly without instruments. All government schools and colleges, functions can play this song with instruments.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
Tamil Nadu government cancels Class 10 and 11 exams
- Tamil Nadu cancelled Class 10 board exams scheduled to begin on June 15. Chief Minister E Palanisami declared that all students will be promoted due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Apart from class 10 exams, the state government also cancelled the pending class 11 exams. Decision on class 12 exams for absentee students has not been taken yet.
- Tamil Nadu is following the lead of the Telangana government. Telangana announced on June 08 that all students would pass class 10 students.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING
PhonePe launches domestic trip insurance with ICICI Lombard
- PhonePe, a digital payments platform, announced the launch of a comprehensive, industry–first domestic multi–trip insurance cover in a strategic partnership with ICICI Lombard, the non-life insurance company.
- This service is exclusively available for PhonePe users. The platform provides affordable annual insurance cover for unlimited trips.
- Unlike other traditional travel insurance products, this solution does away with the need to insure every trip separately and will benefit both business and leisure travellers.
About ICICI Lombard
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta
- Headquarters: Bangalore
- CEO: Sameer Nigam
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to invest Rs 5,684 crore in Jio Platforms for 1.16% stake
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will invest Rs 5,683.50 crore for a 1.16 percent stake in Jio Platforms.
- With the eight investments, the total amount invested in Jio Platforms now stands at Rs 97,886 lakh crore for 21.06 percent share in the telecom major.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority is a sovereign wealth fund of the Abu Dhabi emirate of the United Arab Emirates. ADIA manages a global investment portfolio that is diversified across more than two dozen asset classes and sub-categories.
- Earlier, Mubadala, which is also owned by Abu Dhabi, hadannounced a Rs 9,093.60 crore investment for a 1.85 percent stake.
- Silver Lake Partners also announced an additional Rs 4,547 crore investment for a further 0.93 percent stake in the telecom major, having invested earlier in May.
- Facebook was the first to put its finger in the Jio Platforms pie with a Rs 43,574 crore ($5.7 billion) investment for a 9.99 percent stake.
- Private equity firm Silver Lake Partners announced a Rs 5,655.75 crore investment for 1.15 percent stake in early May. It was followed by Vista Equity Partners’ Rs 11,367 crore investment for a 2.32 percent stake.
- General Atlantic announced a Rs 6,598.38 crore investment for a 1.34 percent stake in Jio Platforms. And it was followed by KKR, which announced an investment worth Rs Rs 11,367 crore for a 2.32 percent stake.
About Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Headquarters: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Managing Director: Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Chairman : Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
About Reliance Industries Ltd
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman and MD: Mukesh Ambani
Hero MotoCorp launches a fully-digital online sales platform called eShop
- Hero MotoCorp has launched a fully-digital online sales platform called The world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer has also introduced multiple digital after sales services.
- Hero MotorCorp eShop has been created to enhance the customer’s overall experience by providing a fully-digital and seamless buying process. The eShop has been integrated on the company’s official website and all the purchase-related information and actions are built into the system.
- To make a purchase via eShop, customers need to visit Hero MotoCorp’s website and access the online sales platform from the homepage. The intuitive system guides the customers through all the relevant steps of making a decision, buying the vehicle and taking delivery.
- Hero MotoCorp has also launched multiple digital aftersales services. These include the industry-first initiative of digital service job card and acknowledgement receipt, app-based service booking, and increased hours of workshop operations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Iqbal Wani appointed as judge of J-K High Court
- According to a Law Ministry notification, Javed Iqbal Wani has been appointed a judge of the common high court of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh.
- His recommendation, made by the Supreme Court Collegium, was pending with the central government for the past few months.
- The recommendation was finally processed last week and the notification issued.
- Wani has represented the Union government in several cases in the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
About Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
Anil Valluri joins Google Cloud India as senior director
- Google Cloud has appointed Anil Valluri as senior director of its India unit.
- Valluri joins Google Cloud from NetApp where he was president of India and SAARC operations.
- Valluri has over 30 years of experience across sales and marketing in the hi-tech industry. Prior to NetApp, he was with Artiman Ventures, a Bay-area based venture capital firm. He has also served as vice president and managing director for Sun Microsystems in India.
- Last month, Google Cloud appointed former Microsoft executive Anil Bhansali as Vice President of Engineering in India.
About Google Cloud
- Managing Director- Karan Bajwa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and Denmark sign MOU for developing cooperation between two countries in the power sector
- The Memorandum of Understanding on Indo-Denmark Energy Cooperation between the Ministry of Power, Government of the Republic of India and the Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Government of the Kingdom of Denmark to develop a strong, deep and long-term co-operation between two countries in the power sector on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
- The MoU was signed by Sanjiv Nandan Sahai, Secretary (Power) from the Indian side and Mr. Freddy Svane, Ambassador of Denmark to India from the Danish side.
- The MoU provides for collaboration in areas like offshore wind, long term energy planning, forecasting, flexibility in the grid, consolidation of grid codes to integrate and operate efficiently variable generation options, flexibility in the power purchase agreements, incentivize power plant flexibility, variability in renewable energy production etc. The Indian electricity market would benefit from cooperation with Denmark in these areas.
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
- Prime Minister- Mette Frederiksen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Air Force develops ‘Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation’
- The Indian Air Force has designed, developed and inducted an Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT) that will be utilised for the evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases including COVID-19 from high altitude areas, isolated and remote places.
- The requirement of an air evacuation system with a facility to prevent spread of infectious aerosol from a coronavirus patient during air travel was felt by IAF when COVID-19 was declared as a pandemic.
- The first prototype was developed at 3 BRD AF and has undergone various modifications.
- The system has been developed as a lightweight isolation system made from aviation certified material. It has a transparent and durable cast Perspex for enhanced patient visibility which is larger, higher, and wider than the existing models.
- The isolation system caters to a suitable number of air exchanges, integration of medical monitoring instruments, and ventilation to an incubated patient.
- The ARPIT utilises High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) H-13 class filters and supports invasive ventilation using Transport Ventilator.
- Design requirements have been evolved and are based on the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH), and Centre for Disease Control (CDC), USA.
- Air Chief Marshal- Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
23-yer-old Maharashtra boy makes world’s first ‘Internet-controlled’ robot to help Covid-19 patients
- A 23-year-old engineer from Maharashtra’s Thane has developed a first-of-its kind ‘Internet-controlled’ robot specifically to address the needs of hospitals treating COVID-19 patients.
- The gizmo, aptly called ‘Coro-bot’ independently dispenses food, water, beverages, medicines – and even some good advice – to Coronavirus patients without the needs for nurses, ward staff or other care-givers.
- Designed and created by Pratik Tirodkar, founder of a start-up PNT Solutions, Dombivali, recently, the first Coro-bot is currently deployed successfully at the Holy Cross Hospital in Kalyan.
- ‘Coro-bot’ eliminates the need of physical presence or contact of nurses or ward boys with the patient.
- It can deliver food, water, medicines and interact with the patients through a camera. Through a speaker, it can also advise patients on various precautions like sanitizing their hands before picking up anything from the robotic tray.
- The company has created a special App to operate Coro-bot from any location in the world using Internet of Things (IoT) technology – a first anywhere in the world that this technique is being deployed in the medical field.
- The Coro-bot comes with 3 trays with a carrying capacity of 10-15 kg each, plus a 30-kg storage at the bottom, enabling it to serve the supplies to over a dozen patients at a time in the COVID-19 ward.
- The Coro-bot also has LED lights illumination to make it convenient for night usage as well, timers for indicating lunch-dinner, emergency button, besides a small PC like screen on the top for basic computer work or entertainment
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 168th on Environmental Performance Index
- India secured 168 rank in the 12thedition of the biennial Environment Performance Index (EPI Index 2020) that measured the environmental performance of 180 countries and was released by the Yale University and Columbia University.
- The country scored 27.6 out of 100 in the 2020 index.
- In the 2020 EPI – a biennial scorecard of national results on a range of sustainability issues – Denmark has ranked first in the world, followed by Luxembourg, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Germany in the top 10 countries. While Japan has ranked 12th, the United States of America ranks 24th, and China stands at 120th.
- The 2020 EPI features new metrics that gauge waste management, carbon dioxide emissions from land cover change, and emissions of fluorinated gases – all important drivers of climate change.
- India comes in near the bottom of the global rankings at 168th place worldwide, and only Afghanistan (178th place) ranks below India in Southern Asia. Leading the region is Bhutan (107th), with relatively high scores in biodiversity & habitat protection. Sri Lanka (109th) and Maldives (127th) round out the top three countries in Southern Asia, followed by Pakistan (142nd), Nepal (145th), and Bangladesh (162nd).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Salwa Eid Naser, 400m world champion, faces two-year ban for missed drug tests
- Salwa Eid Naser, who ran the third-fastest 400m in history when winning gold at last year’s world championships in Doha, is facing a two-year ban after being provisionally suspended for missing three drug tests in a 12-month period.
- The suspension was by the Athletics Integrity Unit, Naser had been issued with a charge for violating World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
- Naser, who moved from Nigeria to Bahrain when she was 14, also won a silver medal over 400m at the 2017 world championships in London and is a former world youth champion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former TN footballer Balasamy passes away
- Balasamy former Vice President of Chennai Football Association and assistant secretary of Madras United Club passed away.
- Balasamy first played for Don Bosco Oratoryin the MFA league.
Kannada Actor Chiranjeevi Sarja passes away
- Kannada star Chiranjeevi Sarjapassed away. He died due to cardiac arrest.
- Chiranjeevi has starred in films such as Samhaara, Aadyaa, Khaki, Sinnga, Amma I Love You, Prema Baraha, Dandam Dashagunam, Varadhanayaka and Vayuputra among others. He was last seen in the Kannada action-drama Shivarjuna.
World Champion Gymnast Kurt Thomas Passes Away
- Kurt Thomas, the winner of the first World Championship gold medal in the history of S. gymnastics, passed away.
- Thomas, known for his original and daring skills, including the “Thomas Flair” on pommel horse, and the “Thomas Salto” on floor exercise, won a total of eight world medals, three of them gold, at the 1978 and 1979 World Championships.
- Thomas worked as a TV analyst for ABC Sports during the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. With professionals allowed in the Olympics in 1992, Thomas attempted a comeback at the advanced age of thirty-six, qualifying to the 1992 U.S. Olympic Trials.
Former Union Minister Arjun Charan Sethi passes away
- Former Union minister Arjun Charan Sethi passed away. He was 79.
- An eight-time MP from Bhadrak Lok Sabha constituency, Sethi was the Union Water Resources Minister within the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA authorities from 2000 to 2004.
- Active in social and political spheres since his youth, soft-spoken Sethi was additionally elected to the Odisha Assembly twice.
DAILY CA 7th & 8th JUNE
- UN Russian Language Day- 6th jun
- World Pest Day- 6th jun
- World Food Safety Day- 7th jun
- World Oceans Day- 8th jun
- World Brain Tumour Day- 8th jun
- Govt sets up taskforce to examine maternal mortality rate, age of motherhood
- HRD Minister launches information booklet ‘Safe online learning in the times of COVID-19’
- Nitin Gadkari launches national awareness campaign on Prevention of Human, Animal Mortality on Highways
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches COVID BEEP, India’s first physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients
- RIL raises Rs 4,546.80 Cr from Silver Lake
- Sebi approves regulatory sandbox framework for stock market ecosystem
- Tech Mahindra inks UN Global Compact on aligning recovery efforts with climate science
- ISRO signs MoU with ARIES To tackle space debris
- IIFL Finance ropes in Rohit Sharma as brand ambassador
- L&T board reappoints AM Naik as non-executive chairman for 3 years
- Javed Akhtar becomes only Indian to bag prestigious Richard Dawkins Award
- IIT-Ropar’s machine to sterilise products using UV rays
- IIT, Hyderabad researchers develops low cost and Artificial Intelligence-based test kit for COVID-19
- Scientists develop indigenous nasopharyngeal swabs
- ARCI develops Rare earth based magnetocaloric material for cancer treatment
- Four satellites launched by China in two days
- India loses 750 tigers in last eight years; MP, Maharashtra report maximum casualties
- Gujarat Tops India’s Food Safety Index, Followed By Tamil Nadu & Maharashtra
- 2020 World Archery Field C’ships postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19
- Michael Clarke receives Order of Australia honour
- Film Producer Anil Suri passes away after Covid-19 infection At 77
- Former Delhi Police chief Ved Marwah passes away
- Former Santosh Trophy player Hamza Koya passes away in Kerala after Covid-19 infection
DAILY CA 9th JUNE
- A provision of Rs. 1,01,500 crore has been made under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in the current financial year 2020-2021
- Plantation drive named “Thank Mom” started in Madhya Pradesh
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot recently launched the Raj Kaushal Portal and Online Shramik Employment Exchange
- Karnataka govt launches app “Meghasandesha” for real time info on rains, flooding in Bengaluru
- ”Bande Utkala Janani” gets state anthem status in Odisha
- Tamil Nadu government cancels Class 10 and 11 exams
- PhonePe launches domestic trip insurance with ICICI Lombard
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority to invest Rs 5,684 crore in Jio Platforms for 1.16% stake
- Hero MotoCorp launches a fully-digital online sales platform called eShop
- Iqbal Wani appointed as judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court
- Anil Valluri joins Google Cloud India as senior director
- India and Denmark sign MOU for developing cooperation between two countries in the power sector
- Indian Air Force develops ‘Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation’
- 23-yer-old Maharashtra boy makes world’s first ‘Internet-controlled’ robot to help Covid-19 patients
- India ranks 168th on Environmental Performance Index
- Salwa Eid Naser, 400m world champion, faces two-year ban for missed drug tests
- Former TN footballer Balasamy passes away
- Kannada Actor Chiranjeevi Sarja passes away
- World Champion Gymnast Kurt Thomas Passes Away
- Former Union Minister Arjun Charan Sethi passes away