Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is the 11th of February.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/70/212 on December 2015, declaring Feb.11 as the International Day of Women & Girls in Science.
- The day recognizes the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
- Theme:“Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”.
World Unani Day
- The World Unani Day is observed every year on February 11.
- The day commemorates the birth anniversary of great Unani scholar and social reformer Hakim Ajmal Khan.
- Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh was the chief guest of the 4th Unani day function organized by AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) Ministry, New Delhi, India.
National Productivity Day is observed on 12 February
- The day is celebrated by the National Productivity Council (NPC) to promote productivity culture in India.
- National Productivity Day is observed on 12 February. The day is celebrated by the National Productivity Council (NPC) to promote productivity culture in India. Also, National Productivity Week is celebrated from 12-18 February 2020. The day aims to propagate productivity, quality, competitiveness, and efficiency.
- National Productivity and Innovation Awards Scheme (NPIA):
- NPIA aims to bring forth innovative enterprises in different sectors. The main objective is to raise consciousness towards innovation and productivity. It encourages shareholders and database that helps in decision-making, improving system and procedures.
- National Productivity Council of India (NPC):
- NPC was established in 1958. The autonomous organization functions under the Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- NPC is a component of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organisation (APO). NPC provides consultancy and training services in areas of Agri-Business, Quality Management, Industrial Engineering, Economic Services, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Technology Management, Energy Management, Environmental Management, etc., to the Government and Public & Private sector organizations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
15 crore loans extended to women under PMMY till Jan 2020, TN tops
- Over 15 crore loans, amounting to Rs 4.78 lakh crore, have been disbursed to women borrowers under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), stated Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs
- “As on 31.01.2020, over 15 crore loans have been disbursed to women borrowers, since inception of the scheme, amounting to Rs 4.78 lakh crore under PMMY.”
- Giving more details, the Union Minister stated: Under PMMY, loans are extended to eligible borrowers for manufacturing, processing, trading, services and activities allied to agriculture, which help in creating income-generating activities and employment. However, profession-wise details are not maintained centrally.
- The top three loan borrowers states are Tamil Nadu (Rs 58,227.47 crore), West Bengal (Rs 55,232.19 crore) and Karnataka (Rs 47,714.04 crore). However, the Union Territories received the lowest amount of loans with Daman and Diu Rs 10.28 crore, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Rs 94.80 crore, and Lakshadweep Rs 5.07 crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Covid-2019 is official name for disease caused by new coronavirus says WHO
- The World Health Organization(WHO) says the official name for the disease caused by the new coronavirus is Covid-2019.
- It comes after the death toll from the virus passed one thousand. Tens of thousands of people have been infected.
- The word coronavirus refers to the group of viruses it belongs to, rather than the latest strain.
- Researchers have been calling for an official name to avoid confusion and stigmatisation of any group or country.
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
CURRENT AFFAIRS:BANKING AND FINANCE
Reserve Bank proposes new umbrella entity for retail payments system
- The RBI has proposed setting up a new pan-Indian umbrella entity for retail payments system and has published a draft framework. It has sought stakeholder comments by February 25. The new entity will be involved in the development and monitoring of new payment methods, standards and technologies.
- The proposed entity or entities will set up, manage and operate a new payment system in the retail space, which includes ATMs, white label PoS, Aadhaar-based payments and remittance services. It will have to be a company incorporated in India under the Companies Act 2013 and maybe a for-profit or a Section 8 company, as may be decided by it.
- The NUE shall have a minimum paid-up capital of Rs 500 crore (to support, address the capital needs for managing risks, invest in technological infrastructure, for business operations, etc).
- Further, the promoter group shall not have more than 40 per cent investment in the capital of the NUE and should demonstrate upfront capital contribution of not less than 10 per cent (Rs 50 crore). A minimum networth of Rs 300 crore will have to be maintained by the NUE at all times, it added.
- It may be noted that the central bank had previously set up National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in 2008 that currently oversees retail payment and settlement in India, including UPI and RuPay. It had also set up the National Electronic Funds Transfer System and Electronic Clearing Service.
- But as electronic transactions gained traction, RBI found it necessary to set up the NPCI to monitor retail payments. The new entity for retail payments will also be responsible for monitoring retail payments system developments and related issues in the country and internationally to avoid shocks, frauds and contagions that may adversely affect the system.
- The entity will also have to comply with the corporate governance norms, along with fit and proper criteria for persons to be appointed on its board. RBI will have the right to approve the appointment of directors and also nominate a member to the board.
KVGB launches programme to boost entrepreneurship at polytechnics, it is
- Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB), a regional rural bank headquartered in Dharwad district, has come out with plans to boost entrepreneurship among the students of polytechnics and ITIs.
- P Gopi Krishana, Chairman, KVGB, who launched the ‘Vikas Yuva Prerana’ campaign, stated this programme will help the students from these institutes take up self-employment opportunities and establish their own ventures.
- Explaining the programme, he stated the bank will disseminate information about self-employment opportunities for students in their campuses and explain the products and services of the bank.
- The bank will then identify the final-year students who are keen on entrepreneurship to impart training.
- After that the bank will extend credit support to such students to start their ventures. Referring to some of the schemes, he stated the bank could finance collateral-free loans of up to ₹10 lakh to such candidates.
- Referring to the guidelines of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on conducting entrepreneurship awareness programmes at polytechnics and ITIs, the KVGB Chairman said the bank has planned to cover all polytechnics and ITIs in nine districts of Karnataka.
About Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB):
- Founded: September 12, 2005
- Head quarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
- Chairman :Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Facebook to provide digital literacy training to one lakh women in seven Indian states
- Facebook launched its ‘We Think Digital’ programme, under which the social media giant will provide digital literacy training to 1 lakh women across seven states, including Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Bihar.
- In partnership with National Commission for Women (NCW) and Cyber Peace Foundation, the program aims to provide digital literacy training to one lakh women across seven states through the year. The programme will start with the state of Uttar Pradesh and expand to other states including Assam, West Bengal Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand and Bihar, it added.
- We Think Digital, Facebook’s global digital literacy programme, was announced in 2019 during the second edition of its South Asia Safety Summit. The training program has been designed with a focus on digital literacy and citizenship, addressing issues around privacy, safety, and misinformation.
- As part of the program, the company will partner with agencies from both government and civil society to design learning modules to equip people with skills, including the ability to think critically about what they see online, report harmful content and how to communicate respectfully.
MeitY grants ₹44 lakh to 8 Warangal start-ups under TIDE scheme
- Warangal-based tech incubator SRiX has disbursed grant-in-aid worth ₹44 lakh to eight start-ups under the Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE) 2.0 scheme. The scheme runs under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- SR Innovation Exchange (SRiX) is a designated TIDE 2.0 centre at SR Engineering College in Warangal.The TIDE scheme promotes start-ups in engineering colleges in the areas of internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence, blockchain and robotics.
- The list of start-ups that received the grant includes Varaha Innovation Studios and Technologies, Youcode intelligence Solutions, Oakmont RSM Info Solutions and Viben QR Innovations, Sreedevi Devireddy, Chief Executive Officer of SR Innovation Exchange.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is an executive agency of the Union Government of the Republic of India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Ravi Shankar Prasad, Cabinet Minister
- Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Bhupesh Baghel inaugurates Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi as Chhattisgarh’s 28th district
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi as the 28th district of the state.
- The new district, carved out of Bilaspur, has three tehsils and three development blocks namely Gaurela, Pendra and Marwahi.
- It comprises 166 gram panchayats, 222 villages and two nagar panchayats, with an area of 1,68,225 hectares.
- The CM also inaugurated offices of the collector and superintendent of police in the new district, and approved Rs 18 crore for development works.
- Capital- Raipur.
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel.
- Governor- Anusuiya Uikey.
Recent News In Chattisgarh
- Jashpur is Chhattisgarh’s first tobacco-free town
- Chhattisgarh to impose permanent ban onhookah bars
- Rahul Gandhi also kicked-off National Tribal Dance Festival in Chhattisgarh
‘Reading Mission’ launched by Haryana govt to promote reading habits among students
- To improve reading habit among students, the ‘Reading Mission- Haryana’ has been initiated by the state government.
- As reading helps in developing social values of egalitarianism, tolerance, and justice.
- The mission has been launched on the lines of the central government’s ‘Reading Mission 2022’, which aims to address the lost glory of reading books.
- Under the mission, book review sessions should be organised by students once a month in educational institutions.
- Besides, a 45-minute mass reading programme should be held on the fourth Saturday of the month.
- Capital- Chandigarh.
- Chief Minister- Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Governor- Satyadev Narayan Arya.
UP Govt launches toll free helpline numbers for students
- Taking a unique initiative to solve the queries of students ahead of the Board Examinations, Uttar Pradesh Government has launched toll-free helpline numbers.
- Launching the helpline numbers Deputy Chief Minister, Dinesh Sharma stated that a senior officer of Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad is also designated as Nodal Officer so that students get maximum benefit.
- The helpline numbers will remain active from 8 am to 8 pm. In case students have any queries regarding the board exams they can connect at the helpline numbers, 1800-180-5310 and
- Experts of different subjects including English, life sciences, geography, general science, Hindi, Sanskrit, chemistry will be available on call on these numbers. Academicians will be open to queries regarding any subject.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
Infosys to acquire US-based Simplus for $250 million to step up cloud biz
- Bengaluru-based IT services major Infosys stated it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire US-headquartered Simplus, a major Salesforce platinum partner, in a bid to strengthen its cloud business.
- The acquisition, expected to be complete within a month, will incur a cost of up to $250 million, Infosys said in a filing with stock exchanges.$200 million, including contingent consideration to be paid for the acquisition of shares, subject to closing adjustments.
- In addition, there are employee incentives and retention payments amounting up to $50 million on meeting certain performance conditions over three years.
- This is the second such acquisition of a cloud-based enterprise by Infosys, signalling that the latter is riding high on the digital transformation wave.
- This acquisition, coupled with the acquisition of Fluido announced in September 2018, further elevates Infosys’ position as an end-to-end Salesforce enterprise cloud solutions and services provider, offering clients unparalleled capabilities for cloud-first digital transformation.
- Simplus uses cloud-based solutions to serve companies in various industries such as high-tech, healthcare, retail and life sciences.
- CEO: Salil Parekh
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founders: N. R. Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND HONOURS
Arvind Kejriwal to take oath as Delhi CM on February 16 at Ramlila Maidan
- After resounding victory in Delhi assembly elections, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will take oath for the third time on February 16.
- The swearing-in ceremony will take place at the historic Ramlila Maidan — similar to that of last two times.
- Kejriwal swept the Assembly elections in Delhi winning a majority of the seats leaving the main rival BJP way behind.
- According to the final figures released by the Election Commission, the AAP won in 62 of the 70 seats with a total vote share of 53.57 per cent.
- Arvind Kejriwal led the Aam Aadmi Party to a stupendous victory yet again in the Delhi Assembly polls, dealing a body blow to the main rival BJP and completely decimating the Congress in a keenly-watched battle in the midst of anti-CAA protests.
- The 51-year-old bureaucrat-turned-politician almost replicated the AAP’s fairy-tale victory of 2015 by riding on his government’s development agenda, and in the process emerged as a key leader in the national political landscape.
- Lt .governor: Anil Baijal
- Chief minister : Arvind kejriwal
Sanjay Vatsayan takes over as Eastern fleet commander
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan took command of the eastern fleet deployed across the indo-pacific region to safeguard the nation’s maritime interest.
- He took charge at Visakhapatnam on February 10 (Monday), 2020.
- The Eastern Fleet comprising of frontline warships of the Indian Navy are deployed across the indo-pacific region to safeguard the nation’s maritime interest.
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan is an alumnus of the prestigious National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, Naval War College, Mumbai and the National Defence College, New Delhi.
- The Admiral, who is a Gunnery and Missile systems specialist, has vast experience at sea and ashore. He has commanded missile vessels Vibhuti and Nashak, the guided-missile corvette Kuthar and has also been the commissioning Commanding Officer of the indigenously constructed state-of-the-art stealth frigate Sahyadri.
- Prior to assuming Command of the Eastern Fleet, he was serving as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy and Plans) at New Delhi.
Ducati appoints Bipul Chandra as new head of Indian operations
- Italian super bike maker Ducati stated it has appointed Bipul Chandra as the new Managing Director of its India operations.
- Chandra replaces Sergi Canovas who is moving to an international role within the company.
- Chandra, in his earlier role, was Ducati India’s Sales Director and has now assumed the position of Managing Director for the company.
- In his new role, Chandra will be responsible for spearheading the company’s business growth and network expansion in the country.Chandra has over two decades of experience in the automotive industry.
- He has earlier worked with companies like Ashok Leyland, Tata Motors and Bajaj Auto.
- Parent organization: Lamborghini
- Founded: 4 July 1926, Bologna, Italy
- CEO: Claudio Domenicali
New Deputy Chairman for VOC Port Trust
- Bimal Kumar Jha has assumed charge as Deputy Chairman of the VO Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin (formerly Tuticorin Port Trust). He succeeds N Vaiyapuri, who retired on December 31.
- Prior to the new assignment, Jha had served as the Secretary of the Paradip Port Trust and the Deendayal Port Trust (formerly Kandla Port Trust) between 2012 and 2019.
- He had also held additional charge as Deputy Chairman of the Deendayal Port Trust from July 24, 2018 to April 16, 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Kerala to host global meet on climate change, ocean health
- ClimFishCon 2020, a three-day international conference on the impact of climate change on ‘hydrological cycle, ecosystem, fisheries and food security’.
- Theme:Climate Change-Effective Adaptation for a Secure Future.
- More than 300 delegates from 12 countries including scientists, researchers, administrators, policymakers, academicians, and entrepreneurs will deliberate on strategies to: deal with climate emergency and changing hydrological cycles; preserve the ocean and other aquatic biodiversity; and build a circular and blue economy. Fishers, aqua farmers, students and other stakeholders will also attend.
- The conference is organised jointly by the CUSAT School of Industrial Fisheries and the Department of Fisheries, Kerala.
- The conference will study the vulnerability and resilience of coastal communities and societal consideration of risks, and evolve the scientific actions needed.
- A major workshop titled Impact of Climate Change on Coastal Wetlands will be held on February 13.
India to host COP13 UN Summit on conservation of migratory birds
- The 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), an environmental treaty under the aegis of United Nations Environment Programme, is going to be hosted by India during 17 to 22 February at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. This was announced by Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar.
- The Government of India is Signatory to the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Wild Animals since 1983. The Government of India has been taking necessary actions to protect and conserve migratory marine species.
- Seven species that include dugong, whale shark, and two species of the marine turtle have been identified for preparation of Conservation and Recovery Action Plan.
- The theme of CMS COP13 in India is ‘Migratory species connect the planet and we welcome them home’.
- The CMS COP 13 logo is inspired by ‘Kolam’, a traditional art form southern India. In the logo of CMS COP-13, Kolam art form is used to depict key migratory species in India like Amur falcon, humpback whale and marine turtles.
- The mascot for CMS COP13 is ‘Gibi – The Great Indian Bustard’. It is a critically endangered species which has been accorded the highest protection status under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 17th among countries at risk of coronavirus import
- Of the countries most at risk of importing coronavirus cases, India ranks 17th, researchers have found on the basis of a mathematical model for the expected global spread of the virus that originated in China’s Wuhan area in December 2019.
- So far India has reported 3 coronavirus positive cases — all from Kerala.
- Among the airports in India, the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi is most at risk, followed by airports in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kochi.
- The new model for predicting global novel coronavirus cases has been developed by researchers from Humboldt University and Robert Koch Institute in Germany.
- The top 10 countries and regions at risk of importing coronavirus cases are: Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Cambodia, according to the model.
- While Thailand’s national import risk is 2.1 per cent, it is 0.2 per cent for India, found the research.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian DRDO developing Pranash, a new 200km strike range ballistic missile
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has started working on the development of the Pranash, a 200-km range surface-to-surface ballistic missile that would be armed with conventional warheads.
- It would also be readied for exports to friendly foreign countries as its strike range is within the permissible limits of international regimes on missile sales.
- The Pranash is an advanced version of the 150-km strike range Prahaar missile which was designed for tactical missions. The surface-to-surface ballistic missile will be of use for the Air Force and Army.
- Prahaar was developed to provide a cost-effective, quick-reaction, all-weather, all-terrain, highly accurate battlefield support tactical weapon system. The development of the missile was carried out by the DRDO scientists in a span of less than two years.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Chairman, DRDO: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Army received banned anti-aircraft ammunition worth Rs 39 crore from OFB in Aug 2015: CAG
- Indian Army “received” banned anti-aircraft ammunition worth around Rs 39 crore from the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) in August 2015, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) said in its latest report that was tabled in Lok Sabha.
- As an accident had taken place with this ammunition “K” at Gopalpur firing range in November 2014, the Army Headquarters (AHQ) had asked the OFB to stop its production from December 2014 onward, the report noted.
- This ban was lifted in September 2015 when a recommendation by a board of officers regarding improvements in the ammunition “K” were accepted by the AHQ, the CAG noted.
- The AHQ, however, had “intimated” the OFB that the ammunition “K” produced between December 2014 to September 2015 will not be accepted.
- According to the CAG report, which was tabled in the lower house recently, the OFB had supplied 52,369 numbers of the ammunition “K” worth around Rs 39 crore to Army’s Central Ammunition Depot (CAD) in Pulgaon in August 2015, “when the ban had still not been revoked”.
- “The OFB justified continuation of production even after December 2014 on the ground that ammunition were under various states of assembly or finishing i.e. work in progress (WIP) stage as on date of receipt of AHQ’s directions,” the CAG report stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
A book titled A Commentary and Digest on The Air, Act 1981 was released
- Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar released a book titled “A Commentary and Digest on The Air, Act 1981,” at Chandigarh. The book was written by Dr. K K Khandelwal, Chairman, Haryana Real Estate Regulatory Authority (HRERA), Gurgaon and authored by Apoorva Kumar Singh, Principal Secretary, Town and Country Planning and Urban Estates Department.
- A Commentary and Digest on The Air, Act 1981:
- The book focuses on ways to prevent and control air pollution.
- The book has given an elaborate explanation of law devised to prevent air pollution.
- The book aims to create awareness on air pollution in soc
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Gulmarg all set to host five day National Winter Games from March 7
- World-famous Ski destination Gulmarg is all set to host a five-day national winter games event from 7th March under the banner of Khelo India.
- Secretary Youth Services and Sports, Sarmad Hafeez reviewed the arrangements for the mega event with all the stakeholders.He impressed on all officers to make concrete efforts with a professional touch for making it one of the big events in recent times.
- He asked the department of information to facilitate the coverage of the event of national and local media persons besides preparation for cultural events which would be an added attraction for enthralling the participants.
- There will be 30 events under five major activities- snowboarding, snow skiing, cross country, snow show in which 800 players from across India would participate.
India’s Lalremsiami named as 2019 FIH Women’s Rising Star of Year
- India forward Lalremsiami has been named as the 2019 FIH Women’s Rising Star of the Year by the International Hockey Federation.
- Announcing the awards the FIH stated that 19-year-old Lalremsiami took the prize ahead of Argentina’s Julieta Jankunas and Frederique Matla of the Netherlands.
- The player from Mizoram got 40 per cent of all the votes cast. She got 47.7 per cent of her votes from among national associations, while the media, fans/players contributed 28.4 per cent and 36.4 per cent respectively.
- Lalremsiami first came into the wider hockey consciousness at the Hockey Women’s World Cup in 2018 when she was one of the stand-out players of the tournament.
- Since then she has been at the heart of the rise of the Indian women’s hockey team.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Narinder Batra
- Founded: 7 January 1924
- CEO: Thierry Weil
Aditya Mehta & Vidya Pillai wins National Snooker Championship
- Aditya Mehta & Vidya Pillai has won the National Snooker Championship held in pune, Maharashtra. Aditya Mehta defeated the world champion Pankaj Advani to win the men’s title of the National Snooker Championship. While representing the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB), he defeated Pankaj Advani with a score line of 6-2.
- Vidya Pillai of Karnataka defeated Amee Kamani of Madhya Pradesh to win the women’s title of the National Snooker Championship. She defeated Amee Kamani with a score line of 3-2 to defend her senior ladies snooker title.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran Mumbai journalist Nandu Kulkarni dies at 69
- Veteran journalist Nandu R. Kulkarni, the Bureau Chief of the Kolkata-based newspaper The Statesman passed away following a heart attack at a hospital.
- Kulkarni, 69, was a bachelor and lived alone at his home in the suburb of Kandivali in northwest Mumbai.
- Kulkarni started his career with The Indian Express Mumbai in 1976 and covered economic offences, moving on to cover banking and politics.
- Banking was his forte where he had many big breaks to his credit, besides covering the Harshad Mehta and related scams of the early 1990s.
DAILY CA 11TH FEB
- Central govt issues advisory to States/ UTs to implement vehicle registration system
- NIFM, Faridabad renamed ‘Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management’
- US President Donald Trump to visit India on February 24-25
- First ‘Jerusalem-Mumbai Festival’ to be held in Mumbai on February 15
- US proposes USD 1.5 billion for Indo-Pacific to ensure region remains ‘free and open’
- Lending from CRR buffer to get 5-year exemption: RBI
- GST collection for last 3-months amounted to over Rs 1 lakh cr each month
- Realme PaySa partners NPCI, HDFC Bank
- Ministry of Civil Aviation Flags Off 1st Helicopter Service under UDAN in Uttarakhand
- Tamil Nadu govt decides to declare Cauvery Delta Region as protected special agricultural zone
- Lt Governor of J&K to head reconstituted Science Technology and Innovation Council
- Mumbai to get India’s largest air quality monitoring network
- BBIN member nations deliberate on proposed MoU for implementation of Motor Vehicles Agreement
- YSRC government signs MoUs with 11 institutions to help ryots
- Prasar Bharati bids farewell to chairman A Surya Prakash
- Indian Army, pvt firm develop world’s cheapest gun shot locator
- HDFC Bank appoints Anjani Rathor as chief digital officer
- Pullela Gopichand To Be Recognised By International Olympics Committee
- David Warner beats Steve Smith by one vote to Australian cricketer of the year award
- South Indian Bank bags IBA awards
- MP: National Water Conference to be held in Bhopal
- Fourth East Asia Summit (EAS) Conference on Maritime Security Cooperation
- Iran shows ballistic missile Raad-500 from US, dedicates to Sulaimani
- India-UK joint military exercise from Feb 13-26 at Salisbury Plains
- US approves sale of Integrated Air Defense Weapon System to India
- Eoin Morgan outclasses Kane, Virat to win captain of the year award
- Venkaiah Naidu unveils A Child of Destiny: An Autobiography by Ramakrishna Rao
DAILY CA 12TH FEB
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science- 11TH FEB
- World Unani Day-11TH FEB
- National Productivity Day is observed on 12 February
- 15 crore loans extended to women under PMMY till Jan 2020, TN tops
- Covid-2019 is official name for disease caused by new coronavirus says WHO
- Reserve Bank proposes new umbrella entity for retail payments system
- KVGB launches programme to boost entrepreneurship at polytechnics, ITI’s
- Facebook to provide digital literacy training to one lakh women in seven Indian states
- MeitY grants ₹44 lakh to 8 Warangal start-ups under TIDE scheme
- Bhupesh Baghel inaugurates Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi as Chhattisgarh’s 28th district
- ‘Reading Mission’ launched by Haryana govt to promote reading habits among students
- UP Govt launches toll free helpline numbers for students
- Infosys to acquire US-based Simplus for $250 million to step up cloud biz
- Arvind Kejriwal to take oath as Delhi CM on February 16 at Ramlila Maidan
- Sanjay Vatsayan takes over as Eastern fleet commander
- Ducati appoints Bipul Chandra as new head of Indian operations
- New Deputy Chairman for VOC Port Trust– Bimal Kumar Jha
- Kerala to host global meet on climate change, ocean health
- India to host COP13 UN Summit on conservation of migratory birds
- India ranks 17th among countries at risk of coronavirus import
- Indian DRDO developing Pranash, a new 200km strike range ballistic missile
- Army received banned anti-aircraft ammunition worth Rs 39 crore from OFB in Aug 2015: CAG
- A book titled A Commentary and Digest on The Air, Act 1981 was released
- Gulmarg all set to host five day National Winter Games from March 7
- India’s Lalremsiami named as 2019 FIH Women’s Rising Star of Year
- Aditya Mehta & Vidya Pillai wins National Snooker Championship
- Veteran Mumbai journalist Nandu Kulkarni dies at 69