Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Sarojini Naidu’s 141st Birth Anniversary: National Women’s Day
- India celebrates Sarojini Naidu’s birthday as National Women’s Day of India every year on February 13.
- Sarojini Naidu was India’s first women governor and also famous as ‘Bharat Kokila’.
- She actively participated in the Indian National Movement for the independence of the country.
- She was famous for her nickname ‘Nightingale of India’ because of her poems.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi renamed as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan
- Government has decided to rename Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan and Foreign Service Institute in the national capital as Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service.
- The announcement was made by the Ministry of External Affairs on the eve of the birth anniversary of Mrs Swaraj and in the honour of the legacy and decades of public service of the former External Affairs Minister.
- The MEA stated, it is solemn tribute to the invaluable contribution of Mrs. Swaraj to Indian diplomacy, the cause of the Indian diaspora and the ethos of public service.During her four decade long career, Sushma Swaraj was elected to the Lok Sabha four times and thrice to Rajya Sabha.
- She served as Minister for External Affairs, Information and Broadcasting, Parliamentary Affairs, Health and Family Welfare. She also served as Leader of Opposition in the Lower House. Ms Swaraj also served as Chief Minister of Delhi and also a Minister in the Haryana Government.
PM Modi to hold talks with Portuguese President in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold delegation-level talks with President of Portugal Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa in New Delhi. The visiting dignitary will meet President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan who will host a banquet in his honour. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will also call on the Portuguese President. The visiting dignitary will be accorded a ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan. He will also visit Mahatma Gandhi’s samadhi Rajghat.
- Mr de Sousa arrived in New Delhi on a four-day visit to India.. This is President Marcelo’s first visit to India. The last visit by a President of Portugal to India was in 2007.
During his visit, Portuguese President will also travel to Maharashtra and Goa. India’s relations with Portugal are marked by warmth and friendship and have assumed dynamism in recent years.
- Recent high-level political exchanges include the visit of Prime Minister Antonio Costa to India in December last year and Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Portugal in June 2017. The two countries have active and growing cooperation in the field of economy and business, science, culture and education.
- They share considerable convergences on international issues. The visit will provide an opportunity for the two sides to review progress in various sectors of bilateral relations and pursue new avenues of cooperation and exchange view on international issues of common interest.
About Portugal :
- President: Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
- Capital: Lisbon
- Currency: Euro
E-Cigarettes Banned Across All Indian Airports and Aircrafts – Aviation Security Regulator
- Aviation security regulator BCAS has banned e-cigarettes and similar products on all airports and aircraft in India, according to an official document. “Upon the prohibition of electronic-cigarettes by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it has been decided that e-cigarettes include all forms of electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS), heat not burn products, e-hookah and the like devices,” stated the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security circular dated January 10.
- Distribution, sale, storage and advertisement of such products is prohibited on any airport premises or any aircraft departing or arriving in India, the regulator added. In September last year, the Central government banned production, sale and import of e-cigarettes and similar products citing health risk to people, especially the youth.
- The government imposed the ban under the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production, Manufacture, Import, Export, Transport, Sale, Distribution, Storage and Advertisement) Act, which was passed in December 2019.
- The Act defines e-cigarettes as devices that heat a substance, with or without nicotine and flavours, to create an aerosol for inhalation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visits Indian Military Academy
- Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand visited the Indian Military Academy to strengthen engagement and defence cooperation between the two countries.
- She was accompanied by a 20-member delegation of Thai diplomats and senior dignitaries.
- The 64-year-old princess interacted with IMA Commandant Lt Gen J S Negi and held a range of discussions on training and administrative aspects of the prestigious institution.
- Princess Sirindhorn has also been an instructor and teaches history at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy (CRMA).
- CRMA is the military academy of Thailand Army that has graduated many of the southeast Asian nation’s rulers, including its current Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha.
- Princess Sirindhorn was promoted in 1996 to the highest military rank of ‘General’ and was conferred later with the title ‘Professor’ for her expertise in historical subjects in 2000.
- On behalf of Thailand, the princess expressed keen desire to take defence cooperation with India to the next level.
- India and Thailand conducted a joint military exercise at Umroi in Meghalaya as part of ‘Maitree 2019’.
- Conducted since 2006, the annual exercise aims to conduct joint training of troops in counter-terrorism operations in jungle and urban terrains.
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai baht
- Prime Minister :Prayut Chan-o-cha
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
15th Finance Commission forms panel on defence, internal security funding
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a five member group on Defence and Internal Security.
- The chairman of the commission K. Singh will head the group. Home Secretary and Defence Secretary will be the members of the group among others.
- The panel will examine whether a separate mechanism for funding of defence and internal security ought to be set up, and if so, how such a mechanism could be operationalised.
Allahabad Bank cuts MCLR by 0.05 per cent across tenors
- Allahabad Bank has cut the marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by 05 percentage points across tenors, effective February 14. The Asset Liability Management Committee of the bank has reviewed the existing MCLR and decided for a downward revision by 5 basis points (bps) across different MCLR tenors, the bank stated in a regulatory filing.
- The benchmark one-year tenor MCLR will now be 8.25 per cent as compared to the existing 8.30 per cent. Most of the consumer loans, such as retail, automobile and personal, are based on one-year MCLR.
- Likewise, the overnight, three and six-month tenor MCLRs have been cut by 5 bps each in the range of 7.75-8.10 per cent. There has been no change in one-month MCLR of 7.85 per cent.
- Several other banks, including State Bank of India, have revised their MCLR following RBI’s policy rate announcement on February 6. Even though the regulator kept the repo rate unchange at 5.15 per cent, banks were given other relief in the form of cash reserve ratio (CRR) relaxation for loans to MSMEs.
About Allahabad bank:
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Tagline :Tradition of Trust
- The marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) is the minimum interest rate that a bank can lend at.
- MCLR is a tenor-linked internal benchmark, which means the rate is determined internally by the bank depending on the period left for the repayment of a loan.
RBI to conduct Rs. 2.25-lakh cr reverse repo auction
- The RBI will seek to mop up a whopping ₹25-lakh crore via a 14-day variable rate reverse repo auction under its revised Liquidity Management Framework, which was unveiled on February 6. This move shows the banking system is awash with liquidity and comes amid rising inflationary pressures.
- As per the RBI’s sixth bi-monthly monetary policy statement, overall liquidity in the system remained in surplus in December 2019 and January 2020. Average daily net absorption under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) amounted to ₹61-lakh crore in December 2019. In January 2020, the average daily net absorption of surplus liquidity soared to ₹3.18-lakh crore.
- Under the Liquidity Management Framework, the instruments of liquidity management include fixed and variable rate repo/reverse repo auctions, outright open market operations (OMOs), forex swaps and other instruments as may be deployed from time to time to ensure that the system has adequate liquidity at all times.
- The framework also prescribes a 14-day term repo/reverse repo operation at a variable rate and conducted to coincide with the cash reserve ratio (CRR) maintenance cycle would be the main liquidity management tool for managing frictional liquidity requirements.
- The main liquidity operation would be supported by fine-tuning operations, overnight and/or longer, to tide over any unanticipated liquidity changes during the reserve maintenance period.
- In addition, the Reserve Bank will conduct, if needed, longer-term variable rate repo/reverse repo operations of more than 14 days.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
EIU lowers global growth forecast for 2020
- The Economist Intelligence Unit has revised downwards its global growth forecast for 2020 to 2% from 2.3%. This impact because of Novel coronavirus outbreak in China and also the virus starts spreading globally. The virus originated in Wuhan, a city of around 11.3 million people in central Hubei province, China, and has spread to most provinces in mainland China and overseas.
- Global growth was sluggish throughout 2019 amid trade tensions, a sharp deceleration in real GDP growth in the US, China and India and political uncertainty in a number of EU countries. EIU also revised China’s growth downwards by lowering the real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) forecast for China in 2020 to 4 per cent from 5.9 per cent earlier.
- EIU also estimated the GDP growth for India to 1 per cent for 2020 from 4.9 per cent estimated for the year 2019, Low-interest rate in India will increase the demand and Investment in 2020 and also the coronavirus does not spread in India are the reasons for the upward GDP growth.
About Economist Intelligence Unit :
- Managing Director (MD): Robin Bew.
- headquarters: London, England.
- founded: 1946.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
UP govt inks MoU with eGov Foundation for state-wide implementation of municipal financial accounting platform
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by the Govt of UPand eGov Foundation to implement the municipal financial accounting system. This initiative is a part of the municipal accounting reforms across the entire state and covers all 652 ULBs (Urban Local Bodies) of Uttar Pradesh.
- The MoU was signed by Sanjay Kumar Singh Yadav, Special Secretary, Urban Development, Govt of Uttar Pradesh and Viraj Tyagi, CEO, eGov Foundation, in the presence of other dignitaries from UP Govt and eGov Foundation.
- Under the MoU, eGov Foundation will provide the accrual-based double-entry financial accounting application of DIGIT (Digital Infrastructure for Governance, Impact & Transformation) – India’s largest open-source platform for urban governance.
- The govt envisages digitizing the accounting records and operations, thereby strengthening the financial autonomy and financial sustainability of the ULBs.
- With this development, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has bolstered its commitment towards the national goal of capacity building and enhanced municipal service delivery.
- This partnership with eGov Foundation will further strengthen the revenue and expenditure management, capital budgeting, efficient management of assets and financial transactions thereby improve the credit-worthiness to raise additional resources from the market
- DIGIT Financial Accounting System will empower the ULBs with a comprehensive set of capabilities that includes expenditure management, receivables management, bank reconciliation, revenue management, an extensive list of reports per the need of the accounting system, state-level dashboards for assets, liabilities, income-expenditure tracking and financial ratios.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital- Lucknow
- Chief Minister- Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
Puducherry Passes Resolution against Citizenship Amendment Act
- The Congress-ruled Puducherry adopted an Assembly resolution against the amended Citizenship Act, becoming the first union territory in the country to say no to the new law.
- Earlier, the states of Kerala, Punjab, Rajasthan, MP and West Bengal had adopted Assembly resolutions against the Act.
- It also registered strong protest against the National Register of Citizens and National Population Register.
- Chief Minister-V Narayanasamy
- Lieutenant Governor– Kiran Bedi
Manipur CM launches ‘Anganphou Hunba’ programme at Arapti Mayai Leikai in Imphal East
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh stated that his government has prepared a 260-crore rupee project to provide irrigation facilities by pumping ground water and is awaiting the Centre’s approval.
- Launching ‘Anganphou Hunba’ (Early Paddy Crop) programme at Arapti Mayai Leikai in Imphal East this morning, the Chief Minister stated, the government has planned to provide irrigation water by the Minor Irrigation Department to places having adequate arable land and large number of farmers.
- Mr Biren Singh stated, the government has also taken up steps to produce sufficient quantity of fishes by providing loans to 800 selected fish farmers. It is being done with a view to save around 400 crore rupees spent every year in importing fishes from outside. That Van Dhan Yojana is being implemented in the hill districts to save horticultural products. scheme will also be introduced in the valley districts.
- Capital: Imphal
- Governor: Najma Heptulla
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Former India all-rounder Robin Singh appointed UAE’s Director of Cricket
- The Emirates Cricket Board has appointed former Indian cricketer Robin Singh as the new director of cricket.
- Robin Singh’s appointment was announced after Emirates Cricket Board fired head coach Dougie Brown.
- Robin Singh represented India for 1 test and 136 ODIs (One Day International) between 1989 & 2001.
Ajay Patel new AICF president, Bharat Singh Chauhan Secretary
- Five people were declared unopposed for various posts by the returning officer for the All-India Chess Federation (AICF) elections.
- Ajay Patel has been elected as president, Bharat Singh Chauhan as secretary, Naresh Sharma as treasurer, M Arun Singh as joint secretary and Vipnesh Bharadwaj as vice-president, Returning Officer for AICF elections.
- The AICF is split into two camps, one headed by P R Venketrama Raja, the president and one led by Chauhan. Those elected belong to the Chauhan faction.
About All India Chess Federation (AICF)
- Founded– 1951
- Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Narayana Murthy’s son-in-law appointed as UK’s new Finance Minister
- Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy’s son-in-law, Rishi Sunak has been appointed as UK’s Finance Minister. He replaced Pakistani Chancellor Sajid Javid. After the reshuffle ,three Indian origin Members of Parliament are now a part of Britain’s most diverse cabinet led by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- The 47-year-old Priti Patel has been appointed as the Home Minister. The 51-year-old Alok Sharma has been appointed as the Business Secretary in the British Cabinet. Sharma was elevated to the role of the secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy.
- Along with these three, 15 Indian-origin MPs are among 65 non-whites elected to the new 650-member House of Commons, reflecting 10 percent of its strength.
Indian-origin UK Minister Alok Sharma to lead UN climate summit
- Indian-origin Alok Sharma was named the new UK Minister in charge of the crunch UN climate talks to be hosted by Britain at This November.
- Agra-born Sharma has been promoted to the post of Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Cabinet reshuffle.
- He will take charge of the crucial summit ‘COP26′ as its former president was removed amid controversy just weeks ago.
Senior IAS officer Debasish Panda appointed finance secretary
- Senior IAS officer Debasish Panda was appointed as the new finance secretary, according to a Personnel Ministry order.Panda, a 1987-batch IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present special secretary, department of financial services.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment as secretary, department of financial services, in place of Rajiv Kumar, who superannuates this month-end.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Kovind awards President’s Colour, highest military honour, to INS Shivaji
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented thePresident’s Colour to INS Shivaji in Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- INS Shivaji houses the Naval College of Engineering which trains officers of the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard.
- The Station has rendered 75 years of service to the country by providing training to the personnel from Coast Guard, Indian Navy and also for Naval personnel from other countries. The Courses at INS Shivaji are conducted by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
- Last year, President Kovind had awarded the President’s Colour to the Indian Naval Academy (INA), which was received by Academy Cadet Captain Sushil Singh on behalf of the INA in a parade comprising 730 cadets of INA and a 150-man Guard of Honour.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
43rd Session of IFAD Governing Council
- 43rd Governing Council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations was held for two days at the headquarters of the FAW in Rome, with the presence of 177 member states of the organization.
- Titled: “Investing in sustainable food systems to end hunger by 2030”.
- The meeting will also discuss rural development as a means to resolve conflicts, promote peace, and build the resilience of small business owners in the face of climate shocks in addition to disability, food security, and rural development.
- It was also announced at the meet that the UN (United Nations) will not be able to achieve the target of Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 due to the lack of funds & it will be achieved only by 2040 with an annual investment of more than $115 billion.
About International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Headquarters– Rome, Italy
- Founded- 1977
Organic Food Festival for women entrepreneurs
- An organic food festival for women entrepreneurs will be held during February 21-23 in the national capital as part of the government’s effort to boost organic products and promote women entrepreneurship in the area of production and processing.
- Theme: Unleashing India’s Organic Market Potential
- This will be the first such event where over 150 women entrepreneurs and self help groups will be participating and in future will be showcased in different parts of the country.
- Increasing disposable incomes, awareness around health and wellness and acceptability are driving the growth in the organic food segment which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% during the period 2016-21,
- It will feature organic produce, processed food, fabric, cosmetics, pesticides and fungicides among many products. Festival will strive to provide linkages to women producers to market and supply chain, thereby facilitating their financial inclusion.
- The festival aims to encourage Indian women entrepreneurs and farmers to connect with buyers and thus, empower them through financial inclusion, while also promoting organic food produce in India.
- Demand for Indian organic food products is on a constant increase with India annually exporting $ 515 million worth of produce according to Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
- Ministry of Food Processing- Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Constituency- Bathinda, Punjab
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
OneWeb: London start-up launches first big batch of satellites
- The UK-based OneWeb company has sent 34 satellites into orbit on a single Soyuz rocket from Baikonur in Kazakhstan.
- The start-up is building a mega-constellation in the sky to deliver broadband internet to all corners of the globe.
- Six spacecraft were lofted in 2019 to prove the technology, but this year will see big batches of platforms going up on a near monthly basis.
- The aim is to have the full network in operation by the end of 2021.
- OneWeb is in a race with a number of other companies that want to provide the same kind of service.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Book titled “Messages from Messengers” by Priti K Shroff
- “Messages from Messengers” book launch by Priti K Shroff at the prestigious Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai.
- MD and CEO of the Bombay stock exchange, Ashish Chauhan was the chief guest.
- The book deals with Indian culture and tradition and is suitable for everyone in all stages of life, as a tool for self-guidance.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian, Sri Lankan Navies to conduct joint hydrographic survey
- Indian Navy’s Sandhayak class Hydrographic Survey Ship, INS Jamuna (J16), commanded by Captain HA Hardas, arrived in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The ship has been deployed to Sri Lanka based on a mutual agreement to carry out Joint Hydrographic Survey off the South West Coast of Sri Lanka.
- The ship will carry out detailed hydrographic surveys and several shore-based survey activities. Sri Lankan Navy personnel will embark the ship during the conduct of the Joint Survey. Additionally, Sri Lankan Navy personnel will also be provided hands-on survey training during every operational turn in and around the port.
- INS Jamuna also hosted a meeting between Rear Admiral Sisira Jayakody, Chief Hydrographer of Sri Lankan Navy, other officers of Sri Lankan hydrographic department and Indian officers of the ship.
- The office of the department is located in Dehradun. Currently 8 Indian Naval Ships are deployed in the hydrographic surveys. It includes INS Nirupak, INS Jamuna, INS Investigator, INS Sutlej, INS Sandhayak, INS Darshak, INS Sarvekshak
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian hockey captain Manpreet Singh named Player of the Year 2019 by IHF
- The Indian men’s hockey team captain Manpreet Singh was named Player of the Year for 2019 by the International Hockey Federation.
- Manpreet, a midfielder, became the first Indian to win the accolade since the awards were introduced in 1999.
- He beat competition from Belgium’s Arthur van Dorren and Lucas Villa of Argentina, who came second and third.
Vidit Santosh Gujrathi posts win in Prague Chess opener
- India’s Vidit Santosh Gujrathi opened his campaign in the Masters event of the Prague Chess Festival with a win over Sam Shankland of the USA.
- Harikrishna, the other Indian player in the field, held Sweden’s Nils Grandelius. Vidit Gujrathi and Harikrishna are ranked two and three in the latest FIDE list behind the legendary Viswanathan Anand.
- In the second round later, Gujrathi faces David Anton Guijjaro while Harikrishna tackles the top-seeded Duda.
Amit Panghal ranked No 1 by IOC’s Boxing Task Force rankings for Olympic Qualifiers
- World silver-medallist Amit Panghal has been ranked number one in the 52 kilogram category for Olympic Qualifiers, making him the first Indian pugilist in over a decade to achieve the global top position in the category.
- The list was released by the International Olympic Committee’s Boxing Task Force ahead of next month’s Olympic Qualifiers. The rankings took into account the last two world championships for both men and women and the continental championships and Games in 2019.
- The diminutive boxer from Rohtak stated, he is hopeful of securing an Olympic spot in the first qualifier itself. The 24-year-old Panghal holds the numero uno position with 420 points. Last year, he became the first Indian to claim a silver medal at the world championships after notching up a gold at the Asian meet.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Fashion designer Wendell Rodricks passes away
- Noted fashion designer and Padma Shri awardee Wendell Rodricks passed away.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2014 and was a recipient of Chevalier de I’Ordre des Arts et Lettres (Knight of the order of arts and letters) in 2015.
- Rodricks made his mark in the fashion industry with his first collection from Goa that earned him the title ‘Guru of Minimalism’. He was also the first Indian designer to be part of the world’s largest garment fair IGEDO 1995 in Germany. He also promoted khadi in the world’s largest organic fair, BioFach 2011 in Germany.
Former TERI chief R K Pachauri passes away at 79
- Environmentalist R K Pachauri, a former TERI chief under whose chairmanship the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007, passed away on Thursday after a prolonged cardiac ailment. He was 79.
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) expressed grief over the passing away of its founding director.
- In 2015, Pachauri was accused of allegedly sexually harassing a woman colleague after which he had to quit the post at TERI. Pachauri won the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2008, the third and second highest civilian awards of the country.
DAILY CA 13TH FEB
- World Radio Day-13TH Feb
- On 12 February, Darwin Day is celebrated
- Union Cabinet approves Pesticide Management Bill 2020
- HM Amit Shah to inaugurate Conference on Combating Drug Trafficking for BIMSTEC partner nations
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 amended to make arbitration process user friendly
- NHAI to waive off FASTag cost between 15-29 Feb
- Dr Jitendra Singh launches CPGRAMS Reforms at National Workshop on e-office in New Delhi
- New educational institution built with Indian assistance inaugurated in Nepal
- Nasscom’s IT revenue grows at 7 per cent in FY20
- Rs. 2,500-crore capital boost for three state-owned general insurers approved
- IRCTC to launch Kashi Mahakal Express train on Feb 16
- TN Chief Minister inaugurates SCF cricket ground near Salem
- Tamil Nadu govt schools to soon have health & wellness programme
- UP draws up rules to regulate groundwater usage, fixes fines for violations
- Museum on Delhi’s art history to come up at Qila Rai Pithora
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to inaugurate 1st phase of East – West Metro in Kolkata
- J&K LGGirish Chandra Murmu launches Financial Inclusion Outreach Campaign
- Singing national anthem mandatory in Maharashtra colleges from February 19
- CCI clears Ford-Mahindra joint venture
- Adani Transmission sells 1 pc stake in arm AEML to QIA for Rs 3,220 cr
- Atul Kumar Gupta is the new ICAI President
- US scientist Carl H June, Novartis CEO Narasimhan bag Genome Valley Excellence Award
- Naveen Inaugurates 2nd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise
- Ananth Technologies first Indian private firm to build foreign-owned satellites
- NASA says it wants next generation of astronauts to walk on Moon, journey to Mars
- Great Indian bustard, Asian elephant added to ‘facing extinction’ list
- Dharmendra Rai, launches his book “The Thin Mind Map Book“
- Surprise third American entry for Indian fighter jet deal, F 15EX in the fray
- Chess: Koneru Humpy wins, D Harika suffers defeat in fifth round of Cairns Cup
- ICC ODI rankings: Kohli retains top spot; Ravindra Jadeja grabs seventh position
DAILY CA 14TH FEB
- Sarojini Naidu’s 141st Birth Anniversary: National Women’s Day
- Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi renamed as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan
- PM Modi to hold talks with Portuguese President in New Delhi
- E-Cigarettes Banned Across All Indian Airports and Aircrafts – Aviation Security Regulator
- Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visits Indian Military Academy
- 15th Finance Commission forms panel on defence, internal security funding
- Allahabad Bank cuts MCLR by 05 per centacross tenors
- RBI to conduct ₹25-lakh cr reverse repo auction
- EIU lowers global growth forecast for 2020
- UP govt inks MoU with eGov Foundation for state-wide implementation of municipal financial accounting platform
- Puducherry Passes Resolution Against Citizenship Amendment Act
- Manipur CM launches ‘Anganphou Hunba’ programme at Arapti Mayai Leikai in Imphal East
- Former India all-rounder Robin Singh appointed UAE’s Director of Cricket
- Ajay Patel new AICF president, Bharat Singh Chauhan Secretary
- Narayana Murthy’s son-in-law appointed as UK’s new Finance Minister
- Indian-origin UK Minister Alok Sharma to lead UN climate summit
- Senior IAS officer Debasish Panda appointed finance secretary
- Kovind awards President’s Colour, highest military honour, to INS Shivaji
- 43rd Session of IFAD Governing Council
- Organic Food Festival for women entrepreneurs in delhi
- OneWeb: London start-up launches first big batch of satellites
- Book titled “Messages from Messengers” by Priti K Shroff
- Indian, Sri Lankan Navies to conduct joint hydrographic survey
- Indian hockey captain Manpreet Singh named Player of the Year 2019 by IHF
- Vidit Santosh Gujrathi posts win in Prague Chess opener
- Amit Panghal ranked No 1 by IOC’s Boxing Task Force rankings for Olympic Qualifiers
- Fashion designer Wendell Rodricks passes away
- Former TERI chief R K Pachauri passes away at 79