Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt soon to launch 3rd phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- The government will soon launch third phase of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey stated, the government has decided to link the scheme with the school education to bring a revolutionary change in the field of skill development.
- The government had launched the PMKVY scheme in 2015 to mobilize youth to take up skill training with the aim of increasing productivity and aligning the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- The scheme was revamped as PMKVY -2 in 2016 with an aim to train one crore youth by the year
CBSE releases an app to locate the Exam Centre
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has released an app giving information about the examination center for the convenience of the students.
- With the help of the app, students will easily search their examination center.
- Board Secretary Anurag Tripathi informed in a release that Exam center locator app-CBSE ECL is an android based mobile app which can be used by students to locate their examination center and see the distance between current location and examination center. The app is available on play store.
- CBSE has also launched an Online Exam Center Management System-OECMS for the Principals of the school.
- By this system, they will get real time information such as availability of invigilators, absentee student, Divyanga student, unfair means and various other details in a single click.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1962
- Chairperson: Anita Karwal, IAS
- Parent organisation: Ministry of Human Resource Development
CCEA approves National Mission for Technical Textiles with allocation of Rs.1,480 crore
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the launch of the National Mission for Technical Textiles with a total allocation of ₹1,480 crore for a four-year period in line with the announcement made in Budget 2020-21 earlier this month.
- That the goal was to be self-dependent in technical textiles and to nullify the trade deficit in the area which was already declining.
- Technical textiles have various applications ranging from agriculture, roads, railway tracks, sportswear, health on one end to bullet proof jacket, fire proof jackets, high altitude combat gear and space applications on the other end of the spectrum.
- The first component of the mission will focus on research, innovation and development and have an outlay of ₹1,000 crore. The focus will be on carbon fibre, aramid fibre, nylon fibre, and composites, according to an official release.
- Application-based research will be conducted in CSIR, IIT, Research Design & Standards Organisation of Indian Railways, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Defence Research & Development Organisation, National Aeronautical Laboratory, Indian Road Research Institute and other such reputed laboratories, Irani stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Sweden MP delegation visits the ECI
- A ten-member delegation of MPs, members of the Committee on the Constitution in Riksdag, the Parliament of Sweden, visited the Election Commission in New Delhi.
- The delegation met Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and Election Commissioners Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra .
- The delegation was led by Ms Karin Enstrom, MP and Chair of the Committee on the Constitution in Riksdag. In his remarks, Mr Arora stated the Commission is committed to hold free, fair, transparent and peaceful elections.
- He gave an overview of last national elections held in India and stated several innovative measures have been taken to make electoral process hassle-free and voter-friendly.
- Ms Enstrom gave an overview of the Swedish electoral system in which simultaneous elections are held for municipal, county and national elections.
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish krona
President of Myanmar arrives on a 4-day state visit to India
- President of Myanmar U Win Myint arrived in New Delhi on a four day state visit to India. Mr. U Win Myint is accompanied by the First Lady Daw Cho Cho. He will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Several agreements are expected to be signed after the talks. He is also scheduled to meet President Ram Nath Kovind. The President of Myanmar is scheduled to visit Bodh Gaya and Agra during his tour.
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- President: Win Myint
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI directs banks to link all the new floating rate loans to medium enterprises with external benchmark
- The Reserve Bank has directed banks to link all the new floating rate loan to medium enterprises with external benchmark.
- In a circular, RBI stated that the direction will be effective from 1st April 2020. With respect to micro and small enterprises, floating rate loans are already linked with external benchmarks.
- The move is aimed at further strengthening monetary policy transmission so that benefits of reduction in key lending rate can be passed on to medium enterprises.
- According to RBI, the monetary policy transmission has improved in respect of the sectors where new floating rate loans have been linked to external benchmarks.
About External Benchmark rate:
- External benchmark rate means the reference rate which includes: Reserve Bank of India policy Repo Rate. Government of India 3-Months and 6-Months Treasury Bill yields published by Financial Benchmarks India Private Ltd (FBIL) Any other benchmark market interest rate published by FBIL
Finance Secretary launches Baroda Startup Banking in 15 cities
- Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar inaugurated Baroda Startup Banking, an initiative aimed at making the bank a preferred banking partner for the start-up community and establishing connect with at least 2,000 start-ups over the next two years.
- The initiative was launched simultaneously across 15 cities in the country.
- It will include 15 Baroda Startup branches that will offer a bouquet of tailor-made banking products and services that have been designed keeping in mind the unique and specialized banking requirements of start-ups, Kumar stated after the inauguration .
- The products include customised current accounts, state-of-the-art payments gateways, corporate credit cards, corporate salary accounts and credit facilities apart from other existing products of the bank.
- In addition to end-to-end banking solutions for start-ups, the bank will also ensure that it meets the ancillary needs of start-ups by partnering with marquee service providers to assist start-ups by way of cloud credits, mentorship, co-working space, legal/accounting services and other support services.
- Proactive steps by the government, including fiscal incentives made available in the 2019 Budget, support from corporates and academia, a huge talented young workforce ready to unleash the entrepreneurial spirit and active participation of global investors have helped make the start-up ecosystem in the country more conducive to growth.
Government to stick to April 1 deadline for amalgamation of 10 PSBs
- The Modi Government intends to stick to the April 1 deadline for amalgamation of 10 public sector banks (PSBs) into four units. Meanwhile, the Union Cabinet is likely to consider next week a formal proposal for the amalgamation.
- The government proposes amalgamation of Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India into Punjab National Bank, Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank of India and Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank. The boards of all the concerned banks have already given ‘in-principal’ approval to this process.
- Amalgamation is a process where one or more entities are subsumed into another entity, giving birth to a new institution. Unlike merger, no share purchase is undertaken by the dominant institution, and it does not make any payment either. However, there is a ‘share-swap’ process where shareholders of various entities being subsumed are allotted certain number of shares in the new entity.
RBI asks banks to extend farm loans eligible for subvention only via KCCs
- The Reserve Bank of India has advised banks to ensure that all short term crop loans eligible for interest subvention and prompt repayment incentive benefit are extended only through the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) with effect from April 1, 2020.
- Further, the existing short term crop loans which are not extended through KCC will need to be converted to KCC loans by March 31, 2020.
- Accordingly, reimbursement of interest subvention for short term crop loans through non-KCC accounts will not be considered beyond March 31, 2020, the RBI stated in a circular.
- To provide short term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakhs to farmers at an interest rate of 7 per cent, the government offers interest subvention of 2 per cent to the lending institutions. It also provides an additional interest subvention of 3 per cent to such of those farmers paying in time. This also implies that the farmers paying promptly get short term crop loans at 4 per cent.
- The KCC scheme aims to provide adequate and timely credit support from the banking system under a single window with a flexible and simplified procedure to the farmers for their cultivation and other needs.
- The scheme is designed to meet expenses relating to post-harvest; produce marketing; consumption requirements of farmer household; working capital for maintenance of farm assets and activities allied to agriculture; investment credit requirement for agriculture and allied activities.
- The beneficiaries under the KCC scheme are issued a Smart card / Debit card (Biometric smart card compatible for use in the ATMs/Handheld Swipe Machines and capable of storing adequate information on farmers identity, assets, land holdings and credit profile etc).
Recent news related to RBI:
- RBI unveils National Strategy for Financial Inclusion 2019-24
- The current accounting year of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is July-June. Recently, the Central Board of Directors of the RBI recommended to align the accounting year of RBI with the financial year of the government (April-March), from 2020-21.
- Andhra Pradesh attracted the highest project investments in 2018-19
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently released its statement on developmental and regulatory policies, along with the February 2020 Monetary policy
- In the recent Monetary policy committee statement released by the Reserve Bank of India, it extended the deadline for one-time restructuring of GST-registered MSME borrower account, by further one year to March 31, 2021.
GSTN launches new toll-free number for helpdesk
- The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) stated it has launched a new toll-free number for GST helpdesk, which will be operational 365 days for answering queries related to the indirect tax.
- In a statement, the GSTN stated it has revamped GST helpdesk by introducing new features to improve taxpayers’ experience by making the system more robust and transparent.
- The GSTN has come up with a new GST help desk toll-free calling number ‘1800 103 4786’. The caller may call on this number on 365 days in a year from 9 am to 9 pm.
- With the introduction of the toll-free number, the existing contact number for the GST helpdesk (0120-24888999) has been discontinued, the GSTN added.
- Further, 10 new languages were introduced on helpdesk. Till now, taxpayers had a facility to interact with the GST helpdesk agents in Hindi and English.
- Now they can interact in 10 other Indian languages — Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Punjabi and Assamese.
- Further, an improved version of Grievance Redressal Portal too has been launched. The GST helpdesk receives average 8,000 to 10,000 calls every day.
ADB raises $118 million from rupee-linked bonds
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has raised Rs 850 crore (USD 118 million) from a new issue of offshore Indian rupee-linked 10-year bonds.
- This represents ADB’s first new maturity raised in Indian rupees since 2017 and contributes to an established yield curve which stretches from 2021 through 2030 with Rs 7,240 crore (USD 1 billion) of outstanding bonds.
- ADB’s India rupee bonds have been a “game-changer” for local currency operations.
- The bonds bear a semi-annual coupon of 6.15 per cent and priced to yield 6.19 per cent. The bonds, which are denominated in Indian rupees, but settled in US dollars, were underwritten by JP Morgan and primarily distributed to investors in the Americas (21 per cent) and Europe (79 per cent).
Recent loans taken by India:
- India, ADB sign $490 Mn loan for PPP to upgrade Madhya Pradesh roads
- ADB issues $250 million loan to India to expand energy efficiency investments
- India and ADB sign 91 million USD to improve water resources in Karnataka
- the GoI signed a 190 million USD loan with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to upgrade road transport in the state of Rajasthan.
- Atal Bhujal Yojana: GoI and World Bank signed loan agreement of 450 million USD
- India & World Bank sign Agreement of 210 million USD in agriculture and rural transformation
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Bharti AXA General uses WhatsApp to deliver policy, renewal premium notices
- Private insurer Bharti AXA General Insurance, stated it has started delivering policies and premium renewal notices to its customers through WhatsApp.
- It also plans to soon start selling private car, two-wheeler and travel insurance through the WhatsApp chatbot.
- The company claims to be the first among non-life insurers in India to introduce the entire bouquet of service initiatives — such as policy documents, renewal notices and claim intimation — through the WhatsApp chatbot, an intuitive and user-friendly chat structure where customers can raise requests through numeric inputs.
- The insurer stated it has introduced the WhatsApp chatbot as an instant and additional customer service option, apart from its multiple channels, including a network of branches, robust customer care and contact centre, and dynamic portal.
- Customers can also use the chatbot to locate the nearest cashless network of garages and hospitals by providing the pin code. Additionally, they can register motor claims and check the claim status. A branch locating facility is also available.
- With the WhatsApp chatbot, the total time take for a service request has been reduced from 8-9 minutes of call time to immediate and instant closures.To initiate WhatsApp support and updates, customers need to give a missed call to the company on its specific number.
About Bharti Axa General Insurance:
- CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
- Founded: 2008
Accenture opens innovation hub in Pune
- American tech major Accenture opened its third ‘innovation hub’ in the country at Pune, which will house 1,200 people working on various technologies.
- Bengaluru and Hyderabad are the other Indian cities having the hubs, which are also present in two cities of Brazil, and one each in Canada, China, Finland, Japan, Switzerland, Australia and Singapore.
- The hub at Pune, located at SP Infocity, will also feature Accenture’s second Nano Lab in the Asia-Pacific region.
- At the Pune centre, clients will be able to co-innovate with Accenture’s experts in extended reality, artificial intelligence, the internet of things, blockchain and quantum computing across sectors, it stated in a statement.
- The hub will enable clients to scale their technology investments and boost their business outcomes across the enterprise, and also create new opportunities for local talent, Bhaskar Ghosh, the group chief executive for Accenture Technology Services.
- The Nano Lab will showcase breakthroughs in applied research from Accenture Labs worldwide, featuring uses for advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, extended reality and quantum computing .
- CEO: Julie Sweet
- Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
Analysts foresee 4.5 to 4.7 per cent GDP growth in 3rd quarter
- India’s GDP growth in the October-December quarter of the financial year 2018-19 will likely print at 5-4.7 per cent, according to researchers.
- As per SBI Research’s composite leading indicator, which analyses inputs from 33 various indicators, growth will remain flat in Q3, at 4.5 per cent clocked in Q2; ICRA believes third-quarter GDP may settle at around 4.7 per cent led by a modest uptick in services, industry and agricultural growth.
- However, SBI revised its FY20 estimate upwards to 4.7 from 4.6 per cent projected earlier, because of the base effect triggered by a downward revision in the FY19 growth number.
- As per government estimates, growth is set to slip to a decade-low of 5 per cent in FY20, driven chiefly by a fall in domestic consumption and sluggish world markets that have impacted Indian exports. Besides, India may be impacted by a coronavirus, given its reliance on Chinese imports.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing director: Anshula Kant (Stressed Assets, Risk and Compliance)
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Tagline : “With you- all the way” “A bank of the common man” “The banker to every indian” “The nation banks on us”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Bihar first NDA-ruled state to pass resolution against NRC
- Bihar is the first NDA-ruled state that has passed a resolution to not implement the National Register of Citizens (NRC).
- The Assembly also passed a resolution to implement the National Population Register (NPR) but in its 2010 form, with an amendment.
- The Bihar State government has written a letter to the Central government of India to drop the “Additional clauses” inserted in the NPR forms.
- Capital- Patna
- Chief Minister- Nitish Kumar
- Governor- Phagu Chauhan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Mastercard names product chief Michael Miebach as CEO, Ajay Banga moves to executive chairman
- Mastercard’s chief executive officer of 10 years, Ajay Banga, will step down at the start of the next year and be replaced by Chief Product Officer Michael Miebach.
- India-born Banga will take on the role of executive chairman, while Miebach will become the company’s president on March 1.
- Miebach served as managing director at Barclays Bank and general manager at Citibank.
- Headquarters- New York, United States
Jawed Ashraf To be India’s Next Ambassador To France
- Seasoned diplomat Jawed Ashraf appointed India’s next Ambassador to France.
- Ashraf is presently serving as Indian High Commissioner to Singapore.
- Ashraf succeeds Vinay Mohan Kwatra as India’s Ambassador to France, considered a crucial posting in view of rising strategic ties between the two countries.
- Kwatra has been appointed India’s Ambassador to Nepal.
- Capital : Paris
- Currency: Euro, CFP Franc
- President : Emmanuel Macron
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Jiya Rai, Naval special child with autism swims 14 km in open water, sets world record
- Jiya Rai, the eleven-year-old daughter of Madan Rai, Master Chief at Arms II, posted in INS Shikra, created a world record by becoming the fastest special girl to swim 14 km in open water.
- The solo swimming event was conducted under the supervision of Swimming Association of Maharashtra, an authorized body of Swimming Federation of India.
- This extraordinary achievement of Jiya Rai is understood to have qualified for registration in India Book of Records, Asia Book & Limca Book of Records for the youngest and first special girl in the world to swim a distance of 14 km in 03 hrs 27 minutes and 30 sec in the open water category.
- She was felicitated with a certificate and trophy for this record-breaking achievement, by Abhay Dadhe, Associate Vice President of Swimming Federation of India at an award ceremony held at KR Kama Hall, Mumbai.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Union HRD Minister Launches UKIERI-UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrators in New Delhi
- TheUnion Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched‘ Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’– a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI), which aims to deliver a leadership development programme for middle and senior level administrative functionaries in Indian Universities.
- The main objective of the programme is to train the senior and middle level academic administrators to enable them to bring about systemic changes with renewed approaches, capacity, tools and skill in Universities in India.
- This programme includes two workshops conducted by UK trainers, which will train about 300 academic administrators in the level of Registrar and Joint/Deputy/Assistant Registrar to enable them to bring about professional transformation in the higher education institutions.
- TheUniversity Grants Commission (UGC) will conduct this programme in collaboration with Advance HE as the training partner with globally recognized institutional expertise and leadership excellence from the UK, which is being enabled by the British Council in India.
About Ministry of Human Resource and Development
- Union Minister-Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Constituency- Haridwar, Uttarakhand
International conference on EMMDA at NCMRWF, Noida
- An international conference on“Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation (EMMDA)” began at NCMRWF, Noida,
- The conference is aimed to provide a platform for discussions and deliberations on the present status, future prospects and optimum use of ‘Ensemble Prediction System’ (EPS).
- The three-day conference is organized by theNational Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) that functions under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, GoI.
- The major themes of the conference are ensemble methods inData Assimilation, Global Weather Prediction, Monthly and Seasonal Forecasting, Convection Permitting Ensemble Prediction Systems, Verification of Ensemble weather forecasts, Applications of Ensemble weather forecasts.
- Discussions in the include techniques used in Data Assimilation, Ensemble Methods, and use of Probabilistic Forecasts for developing new applications from Ensemble Products.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Incois launches three ocean-based services
- The Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (Incois), Hyderabad, has launched three ocean-based specialised products/services — the Small Vessel Advisory and Forecast Services System (SVAS), the Swell Surge Forecast System (SSFS) and the Algal Bloom Information Service (ABIS).
- Incois, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, provides a number of free services for users in the marine realm, including fishermen.
- While SVAS is aimed at improving the operations of numerous small marine vessels, particularly fishing vessels, the SSFS forewarns the coastal population about swell waves. The coastal region experiences frequent damages caused by swell waves that originate from the distant Southern Indian Ocean.
- The ABIS provides information on harmful algal blooms that are detrimental to coastal fisheries and also tend to cause respiratory problems in the coastal population.
- The SSFS is designed to predict thekallakkadal, or swell surge, that occurs along the Indian coast, particularly the West. These are flashflood events that take place without any noticeable advance change in local winds or any other apparent signature in the coastal environment. Kallakkadal is a colloquial term used by Kerala fishermen to refer to the ‘freaky’ flooding episodes. Since most people mistake these for tsunamis, the SSFS will be useful, stated the release.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
Labour min to soon launch mobile app ”Santusht” for ESIC beneficiaries
- Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar will soon launch a mobile app ”Santusht” with an aim to address issues of beneficiaries of Employees State Insurance (ESI) scheme.
- The minister also launched that ESIC’s Special Services Fortnight from February 24 to March 10.
- During the fortnight, daily health check-up camps, special camps for clearance of pending bills of IPs (insured persons) and channel partners and cash benefits in case of death/disability, redressal of public grievances, mock fire drill in all ESIC Hospitals will be organised.
- The minister also renamed two ESIC hospitals. The name of ESIC Hospital, Bastatedarapur, New Delhi was changed to Sahib Singh Verma ESIC Hospital. Besides ESIC AYUSH Hospital, Narela’s name was also changed to Padma Vibhushan Brihaspati Dev Triguna ESIC AYUSH Hospital
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Hurun Global Rich List: Jeff Bezos retains No. 1 spot, Mukesh Ambani richest in Asia
- Amazonfounder and CEO Jeff Bezos is still the richest person in the world, even after losing $7 billion in one year, according to the ninth annual Hurun Global Rich List.
- Bezos has retained the top spot for the third year with an estimated net worth of $140 billion, mainly due to the world’s largest divorce settlement with former wife MacKenzie Bezos, who made the list in her own right with $44 billion.
- French billionaire business magnate Bernard Arnault ranked second, with an estimated worth of $107 billion, up $ 21 billion from last year.
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Warren Buffett were on third and fourth spots.
- Bezos, Arnault, Gates and Buffett were the only four billionaires on the list with wealth over $100 billion.
- Reliance Industries (RIL) ChairmanMukesh Ambani was the only Indian to make into the top 10 rankings this year with a net worth of $67 billion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India-UK joint IAF & RAF Exercise Indradhanush 2020 begins at Air Force Stn Hindan
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of the UK jointly commenced the 5th edition of Exercise Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan in UP.
- The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’.
- This theme is of significance considering the recent threats to military establishments from terror elements.
- Exercise Indradhanush provides a platform for the IAF and RAF to share and jointly validate strategies and tactics to counter terror threats to their installations.
- The RAF team comprises of 36 specialised combatants of the RAF Regiment while the IAF will comprise of 42 combatants of the Garud Commando Force, the special forces unit of the Indian Air Force. Both teams will execute missions based on jointly worked out plans and scenarios.
- Both sides will also exercise specialised weapons, equipment, and vehicles, and validate joint employability.
- Special missions will encompass airfield seizure, base defence and anti-terror operations in urban built up zones. These exercises will include para drops from C-130J aircraft, tactical insertions by Mi-17 V5 helicopters, and use of various airborne sensors.
- The 4thedition of the Indradhanush was held in the UK
About Indian Air Force
- Chief of the Air Staff – Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Five-Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Retires From Tennis At 32
- Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova, one of the world’s most recognisable and highest-paid sportswomen, announced her retirement at the age of 32.
- “Tennis – I’m saying goodbye,” Sharapova stated in an article for Vogue and Vanity Fair magazines.
- After 28 years and five Grand Slam titles, though, I’m ready to scale another mountain – to compete on a different type of terrain. Sharapova burst onto the scene as a supremely gifted teenager and won her Grand Slams before serving a 15-month ban for failing a drugs test at the 2016 Australian Open.
- The Russian former world number one’s ranking is currently 373rd.Sharapova has hardly played in the past year because of long-standing shoulder problems. Siberia-born Sharapova first picked up a racquet at the age of four in Sochi, where her Belarus-born parents had settled after escaping the deadly clutches of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
- She shot to fame as a giggly 17-year-old Wimbledon winner in 2004, the third-youngest player to conquer the All England Club’s hallowed grass courts.
DAILY CA 26th FEB
- MoS HRD Shri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates the exhibition on clean air technologies at IIT Delhi
- Shri Nityanand Rai presides over the Valedictory Session of 1st ‘National Conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) – 2020’
- India and US sign defence deals worth 3 billion dollars
- Pranab Mukherjee to address Bangladesh Parliament on Mujib Centenary
- 3,000 kilometre long power grid from Myanmar-Thailand to India: BIMSTEC
- Canara Bank ‘Insta-Demat’ facility
- RBI lifts ban on Bandhan Bank network expansion
- RBI announces 2 LTROs for three-year tenors worth Rs 250 bn in March
- IRDAI sets up panel to examine whether life insurers can offer indemnity-based health policies
- Losar festival celebrated in Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh: First to achieve 100% LPG coverage
- 4,000-yr-old crafts village unearthed near Varanasi
- Madhya Pradesh launches unified vehicle registration card
- NMCG signs agreement to develop ghats in Badrinath and Gangotri
- Togo’s President Faure Gnassingbé wins fourth term
- TransUnion Cibil ropes in Rajesh Kumar as MD, CEO
- South Sudan rebel leader Machar sworn in as vice president
- Indian-origin minister Suella Braverman sworn in as UK’s new Attorney General
- Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on TNAU VC N Kumar
- HRD Minister Pokhriyal presents Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards to 23 teams
- 21 Indian cities among world’s 30 most polluted; Ghaziabad tops list
- ISRO to launch geo imaging satellite on March 5
- Top IITs, IIMs launch iVEIN to promote entrepreneurship
- J&K bags gold in 6th National Ice Stock sports Championship at Ice Rink in Gulmarg
- AITA selection committee keep Leander Paes in playing squad against Croatia
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 to be held in Chandigarh, says Punjab Sports Minister
- Hosni Mubarak: Former Egyptian passes away
- Pioneering NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies at 101
DAILY CA 27TH FEB
- Govt soon to launch 3rd phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- CBSE releases an app to locate the Exam Centre
- CCEA approves National Mission for Technical Textiles with allocation of ₹1,480 crore
- Sweden MP delegation visits the ECI
- President of Myanmar arrives on a 4-day state visit to India
- RBI directs banks to link all the new floating rate loans to medium enterprises with external benchmark
- Finance Secretary launches Baroda Startup Banking in 15 cities
- Government to stick to April 1 deadline for amalgamation of 10 PSBs
- RBI asks banks to extend farm loans eligible for subvention only via KCCs
- GSTN launches new toll-free number for helpdesk
- ADB raises $118 million from rupee-linked bonds
- Analysts foresee 5 to 4.7 per cent GDP growth in 3rd quarter
- Bharti AXA General uses WhatsApp to deliver policy, renewal premium notices
- Accenture opens innovation hub in Pune
- Bihar first NDA-ruled state to pass resolution against NRC
- Mastercard names product chief Michael Miebach as CEO, Ajay Banga moves to executive chairman
- Jawed Ashraf To be India’s Next Ambassador To France
- Jiya Rai, Naval special child with autism swims 14 km in open water, sets world record
- Union HRD Minister Launches UKIERI-UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrators in New Delhi
- International conference on EMMDA at NCMRWF, Noida
- Incois launches three ocean-based services
- Labour min to soon launch mobile app ”Santusht’‘ for ESIC beneficiaries
- Hurun Global Rich List: Jeff Bezos retains No. 1 spot, Mukesh Ambani richest in Asia
- India-UK joint IAF & RAF Exercise Indradhanush 2020 begins at Air Force Station Hindan
- Five-Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Retires From Tennis At 32