Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2020 of 01st February 2020. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2020 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
Click Here to Subscribe Crack High Level Puzzles & Seating Arrangement Questions PDF 2019 Plan
1) What is the rate of growth for FY21 as projected by the Economic Survey 2020 ?
A) 6.5 to 7%
B) 6 to 6.5 %
C) 5 to 5.5 %
D) 4.5 to 5%
E) 5 to 5.6%
2) The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is headquartered in _______________.
D) Washington DC
E) New York
3) Agriculture will grow at a rate of __________ percent as per the recent Economic survey.
4) As per the Economic Survey, India needs to spend ______ trillion dollars in order to achieve the 5 trillion USD by 2024-25.
5) The Economic survey highlights the fact that _______ crore new jobs have been created in rural and urban areas between 2011-12 and 2017-18.
6) Which group was the main contributor of driving CPI – (Combined) to an increased level ?
B) Recreational costs
C) Medical care
D) Food and beverages
7) Which among the following is the top export item by India as per the Economic Survey 2020 ?
A) Tea Products
B) Silk Sarees
D) Petroleum Products
8) _________ has been India’s largest export destination in 2019-2020 (April – November).
E) Sri Lanka
9) How many times the Gross GST monthly collections have crossed the Rs. 1 lakh crore mark during 2019-20 ?
10) Matthew Satya Babu who passed away following a brief illness was related to which field ?
11) India has jumped to position of 63 in 2019 from ________in 2014 in World Banks’ Ease of Doing Business rankings.
12) Who is the author of the book “Calcutta Nights” ?
A) Kamlesh Sukheja
B) Nirmal Mehta
C) Madhura Chaudhuri
D) Nirajan Ray
E) Rajat Chaudhuri
13) The Economy Survey suggests emulation of which country to grab the opportunity of job creation ?
14) The Assemble in India for the world target aims to raise exports to ______ percent by 2025.
15) What is the new number of firms that have been created in 2018 ?
A) 1.8 lakhs
B) 2.6 lakhs
C) 2.05 lakhs
D) 1.24 lakhs
E) 1.36 lakhs
16) Which city has been rated the worst in the traffic management ?
17) Which state has recorded the highest number of entrepreneurial activities ?
B) Himachal Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
18) As per the Economic survey, _________ lakh houses have been completed in the year 2018-19 under PM Awas Yojana (Gramin).
19) The Rural Sanitation Strategy which focuses on sustaining sanitation behaviour change covers a period of ________.
A) 7 years
B) 10 years
C) 5 years
D) 3 years
E) 8 years
20) The economic survey highlights that India has become the 2nd largest emerging green bond market. Which country has topped on the bond market ranks?
21) Vidya Bal, who passed away recently was a ______.
E) Social activist
22) India’s forex reserves is estimated at _____ billion in 2019-20 by the Economic Survey.
23) The Economic Survey analyses India’s trade agreements and its exports for manufactured products has increased by _________ percent.
24) The Economic survey states that the affordability of vegetarian thalis have improved by ______ percent from 2006-07 to 2019-20.
B) 22 percent
C) 30 percent
D) 25 percent
E) 29 percent
25) Indian Railways is Automatic Identification and Data Collection (AIDC) of Rolling Stock (RFID Project) worth a total of how many crores ?
26) The First Banana Container Train for export to international markets has been sent from Andhra Pradesh to ______ port .
27) Which state has unveiled Direct CTO scheme for green category industries to receive faster clearances from government ?
A) Himachal Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
28) Which bank has launched iBox, a 24X7 Self-Service Delivery Facility for Customers ?
29) Who has won the PEN Gauri Lankesh Award for 2019-20 ?
A) Raza Murtaza
B) Athar Khan
C) Mhd. Azim
D) Yusuf Jameel
E) Ramesh Mishra
30) The 12th South Asia Conference on “India’s Neighbourhood First’ Policy: Regional Perceptions” is being held in _______.
C) New Delhi
31) IAF’s AN-32 plane filled with bio-jet fuel has taken off successfully from ________ airfield.
32) Which state has topped in promoting sustainable growth goals and work on SDG goals ?
A) Tamil nadu
E) Andhra Pradesh
33) Sampriti-IX exercise between India-Bangladesh will be held in which state ?
34) Who has become the 1st Indian woman to become a professional footballer after being signed by Rangers FC ?
A) Sasmita Malik
B) Bala Devi
C) Deep Ekka
D) Sunita Lakra
E) Aditi Chauhan
35) ______ has been named as the official mascot for Goa 2020 National Games.
36) Ajmal Sultanpuri who passed away recently was a famous ______.
37) Which bank has launched tailor made credit products for the benefit of the textile sector ?
D) Axis Bank
E) Indian Bank
1) Answer: B
Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister, tabled the Economic Survey of India 2020 in the Parliament.It pegged FY21 GDP growth at 6 to 6.5 per cent. Industrial growth was estimated at 2.5%.
2) Answer: E
About United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)
Headquarters– New York, United States(US)
3) Answer: D
It pegged FY21 GDP growth at 6 to 6.5 per cent. Industrial growth was estimated at 2.5% and Agriculture at 2.8%.
4) Answer: E
The Survey says that in order to achieve 5 trillion USD by 2024-25, India has to spend 1.4 trillion USD.
This has to be done to avoid the constraint of lack of infrastructural growth in the path of India’s target.
5) Answer: C
The survey highlighted the fact that 2.62 crore new jobs were created in rural and urban areas between 2011-12 and 2017-18. It said that FY20 tax collections are expected to be lower than the estimates.
6) Answer: D
During 2019-20 (April-December), food and beverages was the main contributor.
Among food and beverages, inflation in vegetables and pulses was particularly high due to low base effect and production side disruptions like untimely rain.
7) Answer: D
Top export items: Petroleum products, precious stones, drug formulations, gold and other precious metals.
8) Answer: D
Largest export destinations in 2019-20 (April-November): United States of America (USA), followed by United Arab Emirates (UAE), China and Hong Kong.
The merchandise exports to GDP ratio declined, entailing a negative impact on BoP position.
Slowdown of world output had an impact on reducing the export to GDP ratio, particularly from 2018-19 to H1 of 2019-20.
9) Answer: B
Revenue Receipts registered a higher growth during the first eight months of 2019-20, compared to the same period last year, led by considerable growth in Non-Tax revenue.
Gross GST monthly collections have crossed the mark of Rs. 1 lakh crore for a total of five times during 2019-20 (up to December 2019).
10) Answer: B
Veteran basketball player P Matthew Satya Babu passed away after a brief illness.
He led the country in the 6th Asian Games in Bangkok in 1970 and was a qualified NIS basketball coach and a ‘B’ panel Basketball Federation of India referee.
Babu had represented Andhra Pradesh in National Championships from 1962 to 1964 and Indian Railways from 1965 to 1975. He had represented the two teams in volleyball also.
11) Answer: C
A jump of 79 positions to 63 in 2019 from 142 in 2014 in World Bank’s Doing Business rankings.
India still trails in parameters such as Ease of Starting a Business, Registering Property, Paying
Taxes and Enforcing Contracts.
12) Answer: E
Rajat Chaudhuri, an Indian novelist and short story writer, has written the book named Calcutta Nights.
The book is an English translation of Bengali fiction, ‘Raater Kolkata’, originally written by writer Hemendra Kumar Roy in 1923.
13) Answer: D
Survey suggests a strategy similar to the one used by China to grab this opportunity. Specialization at large scale in labour-intensive sectors, especially network products.
Laser-like focus on enabling assembling operations at mammoth scale in network products.
Export primarily to markets in rich countries.
14) Answer: E
By integrating “Assemble in India for the world” into Make in India, India can:o Raise its export market share to about 3.5 % by 2025 and 6 % by 2030.
To Create 4 crore well-paid jobs by 2025 and 8 crore by 2030.
15) Answer: D
12.2 % cumulative annual growth rate of new firms in the formal sector during 2014-18, compared to 3.8 % during 2006-2014.
About 1.24 lakh new firms created in 2018, an increase of about 80 % from about 70,000 in 2014. India Ranks Third in Number of New Firms Created; 1,24,000 New Firms Created in 2018 Compared to 70,000 In 2014
16) Answer: D
India has topped the TomTom Traffic Index 2019 with 4 of its cities amongst the 10 most congested cities globally.
Bengaluru (71%), Mumbai (65%), Pune (59%) and New Delhi (56%) ranks 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th respectively.
The other global cities featured amongst the top 10 include Manila from the Philippines, Bogota from Colombia, Moscow from Russia; Lima from Peru, Istanbul from Turkey, and Jakarta from Indonesia.
17) Answer: E
Entrepreneurial Activity Highest in Delhi, UP, Mizoram, Kerala, A&N Islands & Haryana.
18) Answer: D
47.33 Lakh Houses Completed Per Year in 2018-19 Under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin over 11.95 Lakh Houses in 2014-15: Economic Survey
Over 10 Crore Toilets Built in Rural Areas Under Swachh Bharat Mission- Gramin (SBM-G) Since 2014.
19) Answer: B
The 10 Year Rural Sanitation Strategy will run from a period from 2019-2029 and has been launched to Focus on Sustaining Sanitation Behaviour Change.
20) Answer: C
Economic Survey observed that India has the Second largest Emerging Green Bond Market after China. The SBI entered the market with a US$650 million Certified Climate Bond. India also joined International Platform on Sustainable Finance (IPSF) in 2019 to scale up the environmentally sustainable investments.
21) Answer: E
Veteran social activist and feminist writer Vidya Bal passed away. She was 84.
Known for her heroic crusade against oppressive practices involving women, Bal was in the forefront in the fight for women’s rights and equality with men.
She worked as an editorial staff of monthly magazine Stree in 1964.
22) Answer: E
Forex reserve estimated at $ 461.2 billion in 2019-20
India Economic Survey Live: Forex reserve estimated at $ 461.2 billion in 2019-20
23) Answer: D
India Economic Survey Live: Survey analyses the impact of India’s trade agreements on overall trade balance:- India’s exports increased by 13.4 % for manufactured products and 10.9 % for total merchandise- Imports increased by 12.7 % for manufactured products and 8.6 per cent for total merchandise.- India gained 0.7 % increase in trade surplus per year for manufactured products and 2.3 % per year for total merchandise.
24) Answer: E
The Survey states that across India and also the 4 regions- North, South, East and West- it is found that the absolute prices of a vegetarian Thali have decreased significantly since 2015-16 though the price has increased in 2019.
The Economic Survey 2019-20 presented in Parliament today by the Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharaman states that affordability of vegetarian Thalis improved 29 per cent from 2006-07 to 2019-20 while that for non-vegetarian Thalis by 18 per cent.
25) Answer: C
Indian Railways(IR) undertook the Radio-frequency identification (RFID) project which aims for automatic identification & data collection of rolling stock with focus on improving the safety and reliability.
Two works for RFID project has been sanctioned by Railway Board for a total of Rs. 112.96 Crores.
For implementing this project over Indian Railways, the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS, the IT arm of the Indian Railways), GS1 India and the Indian Industry have come together in alignment with ‘Make in India’ initiative.
26) Answer: B
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority(APEDA), along with State Government of Andhra Pradesh and one of the largest member exporters of banana, dispatched the first shipment of 890 MTs of high quality bananas,loaded in 43 refrigerated containers,from Tadipatri, Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh to Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) in Mumbai for export to international markets.
Indian Railways launched the first “Fruit Train”. It has recently launched a high capacity parcel van at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station. Also, the Indian Railways has launched an exclusive Banana Container train to boost the exports of the fruit.
27) Answer: D
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami announced a new initiative, ”Direct CTO”, to enable companies operating under ”green category industries” receive faster clearances from government to commence operations.
According to the Ministry of Environment, companies are classified in red, orange, green and white categories based on the pollution index generated from them.
The pollution index of any industrial sector is a number from 0 to 100 and the increasing value of PI refers to the degree of pollution load from the industries.
”Red” category industries are those which have a pollution index score of 60 and above, ”orange” category are with 41 to 59, ”green” category industrial sectors are of 21 to 40 and ”white” category industries are from 0 to 20.
Under the new initiative, the companies falling under the ”green” category need to pay the application fees for receiving the Direct CTO to set up office in industrial parks.
28) Answer: C
Private sector lender ICICI Bank Ltd has launched ‘iBox’, a 24×7 self-service delivery facility that allows its customers to collect their deliverables such as debit card, credit card, cheque book and returned-cheques.
The Bank has introduced the facility, called ‘iBox’, at over 50 branches in 17 cities in the country. This facility is especially useful for customers who are not available at home to receive their package during working hours.
The ‘iBox’ terminals have been stationed outside the premises of the Bank’s branches, which are accessible beyond the official hours.
It is equipped with a one-time passcode (OTP) based authentication system for enhanced security and can be accessed by customers using their registered mobile number 24X7, on all days including holidays.
29) Answer: D
Kashmiri reporter Yusuf Jameel has received the second edition of an award set up in the memory of journalist Gauri Lankesh.
The inaugural “PEN Gauri Lankesh Award for Democratic Idealism” was given to cartoonist P Mahamood in September 2018.
Jameel was given the 2019-2020 award for showing an “exemplary commitment to professional integrity and the ideals of democracy”.
30) Answer: C
The 12th edition of the annual South Asia Conference was held in New Delhi.
The theme of the South Asia Conference 2020 was India’s “Neighbourhood First” Policy: Regional Perceptions.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh delivered the inaugural address at the conference.
The conference is organised by the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), New Delhi since 2007.
31) Answer: B
AN-32 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) with indigenous bio-jet fuel has taken off successfully from Leh airfield for the first time.
The IAF’s AN-32 aircraft was flight tested and its performance was validated at Chandigarh Air Base prior to undertaking the operational flight to Leh.
32) Answer: C
Telangana has emerged as the best performing state in promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2019, according to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India.
The state has improved its performance over 2018 in eight out of 17 SDGs. In decent work and economic growth, India’s youngest state moved to 82 percent from 75 percent in the previous year.
33) Answer: D
A 14-day Indo-Bangladesh joint military training exercise, Sampriti-IX, will be conducted at Umroi in Meghalaya’s Ri-Bhoi district from February 3.
The exercise will be held as part of the ongoing Indo-Bangladesh defence cooperation.
Apart from bilateral military training, the exercise is conducted for better understanding between the two Armies at the tactical level and greater cultural understanding, and to further strengthen military trust and cooperation.
34) Answer: B
Indian women’s football star Ngangom Bala Devi has become the first Indian woman to earn a professional football contract abroad after signing for Scottish giants Rangers FC.
The move, facilitated by Bengaluru FC which entered into a two-year collaboration with Rangers last September, was announced at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
35) Answer: C
‘Rubigula’, Flame-Throated Bulbul, has been unveiled as the official mascot for the Goa 2020 National Games in Panaji, Goa.
Goa will be hosting the 36th edition of the National Games from 20th October to 4th November 2020.
The event will see participation by 36 states and union territories, 12,000 athletes, officials and will host 37 sports disciplines across 24 venues in Goa.
36) Answer: E
Noted Urdu poet Ajmal Sultanpuri passed away. He was 97.
He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy in March 2016 for his contribution to Urdu poetry.
“Kahan Hai Mera Hindustan” and “Agar Main Tera Shahjahan” are two of his popular poems.
37) Answer: E
Public sector Indian Bank announced the launch of two tailor-made credit products for the benefit of the textile sector.
The products — Corporate Loan and Ind Surya Shakthi/ Indian Bank Solar — would be available for all textile units across the country.
Indian Bank will become the seventh largest PSU banks in the country with a pan-India presence through 6,200 branches and a total business of over Rs.8.50 lakh crore
About Indian Bank:
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline- Your Tech-friendly bank