Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7502]
1) How many scientist/s will India be sending to the Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate (MOSAiC)?
2) What is India’s rank in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index, 2019?
3) India and Japan will be holding a two-week-long joint military exercise called ‘Dharma Guardian – 2019’ in which Indian state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
4) Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signed a contract with which higher education institute to launch Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship’ (MGNF)?
a) IIM Ahmedabad
b) Maharaja Surajmal Institute
c) IIM Bangalore
d) Jain University
e) IIM Lucknow
5) Public Sector Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will be merged with which other Public Sector Bank?
a) Union Bank of India
b) Bank of India
c) Punjab National Bank
d) Central Bank of India
e) Canara Bank
6) The Government of India has reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) under the chairmanship of ________
a) Surjit Bhalla
b) M Govinda Rao
c) Rathin Roy
d) Bibek Debroy
e) Ashima Goyal
7) Which Public Sector Bank has launched a Preventive Vigilance portal in late September in order to prevent procedural lapses in the system?
a) State Bank of India
b) Union Bank of India
c) Canara Bank
d) Bank of Maharashtra
e) Punjab National Bank
8) Which Indian city will host the 2019 Madhya Dakshini Festival?
9) What is the currency of Kuwait?
10) Maharaj Maharaj Bir Bikram Manikya Airport is located in which city?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
11) The Reserve Bank of India has imposed caps on withdrawals made by customers of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Banks for 6 months under which section of India’s Banking Regulation Act, 1949?
a) Section 34A
b) Section 35A
c) Section 35
d) Section 35AA
e) Section 34 B
12) Nasscom’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI) has collaborated with Union Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) and which other foreign company to launch a nationwide awareness campaign ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’?
13) Government e-Marketplace (GeM) under Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry has signed an MOU with which state to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) in the state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
14) India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with which country to establish a Coastal Surveillance system?
a) Sri Lanka
15) FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) at 8th International Chefs’ Conference held in New Delhi launched a logo to indicate the lack of presence of which type of fat in food?
a) Trans fat-free
b) Polyunsaturated fat-free
c) Monounsaturated fat-free
d) Saturated fat-free
e) Un-Pasterated fat-free
1) Answer: E
Thirty three year old Vishnu Nandan from Kerala will be the only Indian on the mission. It is the largest Arctic expedition in history. It is being conducted by Alfred Wegner Institute of Germany. Previous studies were for a shorter duration as the thick ice sheets in the Arctic prevent access in winter.
2) Answer: E
India has ranked 68th in the annual Global Competitiveness Index. It is the 2nd worst performing among the BRICS nations along with Brazil that is ranked at 71. This year Singapore has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive country. The US was positioned at 2nd place and was followed by Hong Kong at third place and Netherlands and Switzerland at 4th and 5th places respectively. China’s score of 28th was the highest among BRICS nations.
3) Answer: E
‘Dharma Guardian’ is an annual training event, which is being conducted in India since 2018. Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) comprising 25 soldiers each, will participate in an exercise aimed at sharing experience gained during various Counter-Terrorism Operations in respective Countries.
4) Answer: C
The two-year Fellowship programme will be delivered by IIMB’s Centre of Public Policy (CPP), which is an independent public interest-oriented policy think-tank engaged in pioneering research, teaching, training, and capacity-building.
5) Answer: A
Union Bank of India will be anchor lender in the third merger to create the fifth-largest public sector bank with a total business size of Rs 14.59 lakh crore. The merged entity will be double the current size of Union Bank. Founded in 1919 and HQ in Mumbai.
6) Answer: D
Along with Chairman Bibek Debroy, Ratan P Watal will also continue as Member Secretary of the reconstituted EAC-PM. Apart from these two full-time members, EAC-PM will have 2 part-time members as against 3 in outgoing panel. The reconstitution is for a period of two years, with effect from 26 September 2019.
7) Answer: E
To promote vigilance awareness in the banking system, PNB introduced the first of its kind technology-based solutions through Preventive Vigilance portal. PV portal will facilitate all
staff members to contribute towards arresting procedural lapses and unhealthy practices. It’s an important step for PNB as it suffered from a $1.4 billion SWIFT fraud by Nirav Modi.
8) Answer: C
In the festival, around 100 folk artists from Central India, states from Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Andra Pradesh will perform vibrant and colorful folk dances showing the rich cultural heritage of India.
9) Answer: A
The Kuwaiti dinar is the currency of Kuwait and is subdivided into 1,000 fils. As of September 2019, the Kuwaiti dinar is the world’s highest-valued currency unit per face value.
10) Answer: B
Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Airport, also known as Agartala Airport, located 12 kilometres northwest of Agartala (capital of Tripura). Administered by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and built-in 1942 by the then Maharaja of Tripura, Bir Bikram.
11) Answer: B
During the period of restriction, the customers of PMC bank are not allowed to withdraw more than Rs 1,000. RBI has also imposed restrictions on lending by cooperative bank. These restrictions are precautionary measures while the central bank completes its audit on PMC. Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act provides powers to RBI to give directions to banks. It enables RBI with the power to take action in order to prevent a banking company acting detrimental to the interests of the depositors.
12) Answer: C
It was launched by Union Communications and Electronics & IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at Google – organized event ‘Google for India’ in New Delhi. It is a pan-India campaign crafted in seven languages — Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Marathi. It will engage with users and make them aware of the dos and don’ts for different payment channels.
13) Answer: D
Punjab is the 1st state which will establish GOTT PMU for effectively utilising this transformational initiative towards inclusive, efficient and transparent procurement. GEM is the national public procurement portal that was launched in August 2016. Since then it has
transformed public procurement landscape in the country with transparency, efficiency and inclusion.
14) Answer: B
The coastal surveillance system will pave way for Indo-Bangladesh White Shipping Agreement in future. This will be useful amid growing terror threats via seas.
Bangladesh capital is Dhaka and currency is Taka.
15) Answer: A
Food Facilities or Establishments that use trans-fat free fats/oil as well as do not have industrial trans-fat over 0.2g per 100g of food, in compliance with Food Safety and Standards (Advertising and Claims) Regulations, 2018 are eligible to display the logo. It is the worst type of fats with known health risks. They are largely present in partially hydrogenated vegetable fats or oils, vanaspati, margarine and bakery shortenings, and can also be found in baked and fried foods.