IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips:
The IBPS clerk recruitment 2019 contains a total of 12075 vacancies all over the country. The prelims exam dates are 7th, 8th, 14th, and 21st of December 2019. The prelims exam is the first stage of the IBPS clerk recruitment process. In this article, we have provided IBPS clerk prelims preparation tips for your purpose. The preparation tips have been given for all the three sections of the prelims exam. The exam pattern for the IBPS clerk prelims has been added here for reference. Each section has sectional timing of 20 minutes. Also, 0.25 penalty marks are applicable for each wrong answer. Also, the total marks for the exam is 100.
|S.no.||Name of Test||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Total duration|
|1.||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
English Language Preparation Tips:
The number of questions in this section is 30. Each question carries one mark. The IBPS clerk prelims 2019 preparation tips for English language section are given below,
- The focus topics for this section are cloze test, fillers, error spotting, etc. These topics will give you marks in an easy manner if you are good enough in grammar. So concentrate on these topics in your preparation. Especially to ace in the error spotting topic you must learn all the basics of grammar and its rules.
- For para jumbles and reading comprehension topics take more mock test practice.
- Read newspapers in a regular manner to develop your vocabulary and reading skills.
- As you develop your reading skills, you can perform well in the reading comprehension topic.
- While reading newspapers, mark the new words and learn their synonyms and antonyms. It will improve your vocabulary skills.
Follow all these IBPS clerk prelims preparation methods and tips for English language.
Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips:
Totally 35 questions will be asked in this section. In this section, you have to improve your reasoning and analytical skills. Some useful tips are given below.
- The topics that you should give first importance are syllogism, inequality, direction sense, puzzles, and seating arrangements.
- In syllogism practice the ‘only a few’ type of questions that are being continuously asked in exams. Also, practice other models in a thorough manner.
- Practice more exam point of view puzzles and seating arrangements. In these topics around four sets (5 questions in each set) are expected in the exam.
- Take more sectional mock tests for reasoning ability. As it is the key section to score more marks, work hard with mock tests with complete dedication.
In this section, more candidates will score a bulk amount of marks. So follow these IBPS clerk prelims preparation tips for reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips:
Total marks for this section is 35, out of 35 questions. This section needs some good calculation skills and short cut techniques. Only then you can ace this section with ease. Also, follow the IBPS clerk prelims preparation tips for the quantitative aptitude given below.
- In this section, the first preference in preparation can be given to number series, quadratic equation, simplification, and DI.
- Practice all types of DI such as line graph, bar chart, pie chart, caselet DI, etc.
- For simplification and quadratic equation use some smart tricks to solve in a quick manner.
- Learn short cut methods for all the application sums. Only then you can attend more questions in this section.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Mock Test Preparation:
To ace in all the sections together practice with IBPS clerk prelims mock tests in a regular manner. After the mock test practice analyze all your mistakes without fail. This is an important strategy to improve your accuracy rate in the exam. Also, follow all the IBPS clerk prelims preparation tips to crack the exam.