IBPS PO Prelims Exam: The official notification of IBPS PO is out!. Students should have started their preparation for the IBPS PO prelims exam. The prelims exam is the starting stage of IBPS PO recruitment and lakhs of candidates all over the country will be appearing for this exam. The prelims exam will be mostly in the easy to medium level. So students concentrate on your number of attempts as the competition will be huge. The vacancies announced for this year is 4336.
The three most important factors, that the students should develop for the prelims exam are speed, accuracy, and number of attempts. Within one hour you have to attempt the maximum number of questions accurately. You also have to know the details about the IBPS PO prelims exam pattern, which will be helpful for your preparation. The prelims exam has three sections namely the English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability. There will be a sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section and so you cannot swap between the sections.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
- The marks awarded for each correct answer is one mark.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Prelims Exam:
- Learn all the shortcut methods to solve the problems quickly. This will save more time and you can easily attempt maximum questions.
- Concentrate on your accuracy and don’t do fluke works.
- The level of the exam will be easy to moderate. First, attempt the questions and topics at which you are strong. You can start with number series, quadratic equation, approximation, and simplification. Then attempt DI at an easy to moderate level. After finishing all these, try to solve arithmetic word problems.
Quantitative Aptitude Study Material (Free to Access)
|Basic Concepts||QA Short cuts|
|Data Interpretation Questions||Practice Questions|
- Practice more mock tests and analyze your reasoning ability.
- As the competition will be very high try to attend a number of questions with a very good accuracy rate. Start with syllogisms, inequalities and other easy questions. Then go to puzzles and seating arrangements.
- Solve more puzzles and it will gain you some experience in approaching high-level puzzles in the exam in easy manner.
Reasoning Ability Study Material (Free to Access)
|Basic Concepts||Reasoning Short cuts|
|Puzzle and Seating Questions||Practice Questions|
- Read daily newspapers and develop your vocabulary.
- Improve your grammar skills. If you are strong enough in grammar you can easily get a good score in this section.
- Concentrate more on error spotting as you can score easily in this section.
English Language (Free to Access)
|Hindu Editorial||English Grammar|
Attempt more IBPS PO Free Mock Test Series in our site for the IBPS PO prelims exam. This will surely increase your speed and accuracy. You can also analyze your mistakes and correct them later.