Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 16th to 22nd mar 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- The National Vaccination Day, also called the National Immunization Day, is celebrated every year on March 16to convey the importance of vaccination to the entire nation.
- The International Day of Happiness is celebrated throughout the world on the 20th of March. The theme of International Day of Happinessfor 2021 is “Happiness For All, Forever”
- World Sparrow Dayis celebrated every year on March 20 to raise awareness about the House Sparrow and other common birds to urban environments, and of threats to their populations. Theme of 2021 World Sparrow Day “I LOVE Sparrows”
- The World Oral Health Day is marked every year on March 20.The theme for the next three years, 2021-2023 is: Be Proud Of Your Mouth.
- The International Day of Forests was established on the 21st day of March, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012.
- World Poetry Day is celebrated on 21 March, and was declared by UNESCO in 1999, “with the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard”.
- The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed annually on 21 March to remind people about the negative consequences of racial discrimination.
- The World Puppetry Day is observed every year on March 21,to promote the puppet arts.
- The United Nations declared March 22 as World Water Day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development organized a seminar with District Officers from Aspirational Districts and Districts with high rates of crime against women and children.
- The Government said that Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has not been privatized.
- The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill 2021 was introduced in the LokSabha.
- Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill 2021 was introduced in the LokSabha.
- Chemicals and Fertilizer Minister SadanandaGowda will inaugurate the 11th edition of India Chem-2021.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Revised Cost Estimate of Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of Transmission and Distribution of power in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- The Union Cabinet has approved a bill to set up Development Finance Institution (DFI) with an initial capital infusion of 20 thousand crore rupees.
- Parliament has passed the Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2020 with the RajyaSabha approving.
- National Telemedicine Service – eSanjeevani has completed 30 lakh consultations.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be speaking at the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure.
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari will make a statement regarding ‘Vehicles Scrapping Policy’ in both the Houses of Parliament.
- Foreign Affairs Minister of Kuwait Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Sabah arrived in New Delhi for a two-day visit to India.
- Foreign Secretary Harsh VardhanShringlamet Italian Ambassador Vincenzo De Luca and welcomed Italy’s accession to International Solar Alliance.
- The Union cabinet gave its nod to shut downloss-making Handicrafts and Handlooms Export Corp. of India Ltd (HHEC)
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin will arrive in India. During the visit, he will meet Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, and other senior dignitaries of the government to discuss deepening the India US Major Defense Partnership.
- The RajyaSabha has passed the Insurance (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, and Amazon Web Services announced new initiatives to strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in India.
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin met with National Security Advisor AjitDoval.
- The Ministry of AYUSH through its autonomous body- Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi has started a Yoga Volunteer Training Programme on Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) from 1st of February this year.
- Government has said that around 373 Kisan Rail services have operated on 43 routes till date, transporting more than one lakh 20 thousand tonnes of commodities.
- Union Environment and Information & Broadcasting Minister PrakashJavadekarhas said that the new Nagar Van Scheme will help in creation of Urban forests in the cities.
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Science & technology Dr. Harsh Vardhaninaugurated the new Advanced High Resolution Microscopy Facility at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch Jal Shakti Abhiyan : Catch the Rain campaign on the occasion of World Water Day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Inter Parliamentary Union President Mr. Duarte Pacheco called on LokSabha Speaker Om Birla and witnessed the proceedings of the Upper House.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a Virtual Summit with Prime Minister of Finland Sanna Marin.
- The first shipment of food products exported from Bangladesh to India using the inland waterways left the Pran Industrial Park from Palash in Narsingdi.
- The Sixth India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Women’s Forum meeting was held virtually.
- Cab aggregator Uber has said that it will give its UK drivers a guaranteed minimum wage, holiday pay and pensions, following a recent court ruling that said they should be classified as workers and entitled to such benefits.
- The government of Bangladesh has decided to rename the Ministry of Information to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Italy signed the International Solar Alliance under the amended ISA Framework Agreement.
- The Secretary-level meeting between Water Resources ministries of India and Bangladesh under the framework of the Joint Rivers Commission was held in Delhi on.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Amar Ekushey book fair in Dhaka.
- Legendary Jamaican and West Indies Cricketer Chris Gaylehas thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi, people and government of India for the gift of Made In India vaccines to Jamaica.
- The World Bank has approved USD 200 million to help Bangladesh to provide support and services to the low-income urban youths impacted by COVID 19 pandemic and the migrants who had to return involuntarily.
- Embassy of India, Seoul launched the ‘Festival of Independence’ [email protected] – the 75 Weeks Celebrations.
- Singaporeis building the largest floating solar farm of the world, in a bid to tackle climate change.
- The first high-level U.S.-China meeting in Alaska began on a fiery start, with an acrimonious exchange of words in a rare public display as two powers tried to score over the other.
- India participated in the Nowruz festivities at the SCO Secretariat in Beijing.
- Indian Embassy in Beijing started [email protected] celebrations with belated Vishwa Hindi Diwas celebrations which were attended by the Chinese students studying Hindi in different Chinese universities, their Hindi teachers and members of the Indian community in Beijing.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- A tripartite Concession Agreement has been signedbetween the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam and GA Infra Private Limited-LahotiBuildcon Limited for development of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) for Moradabad.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Agriculture Department organized a day-long KisanMela at the Agriculture Complex in Kupwara district.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Urban Forest Division Srinagar organized a programme to observe Chinar Day atShuhama Campus of Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) where the Chinar saplings were planted within the premises.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, a day-long “NashaMukt Bharat Abhiyan” programme was held at
- Karnataka Health and Medical Education Minister, Dr. K Sudhakar has informed that the corporate sector is invited to utilize its CSR funds towards upgrading 2500 Primary Health Centres in the state.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha, initiated the project “Awaam Ki Baat” – a Radio program by launching its website at Raj Bhavan, Jammu.
- Giving a fillip to the Indo-Bangla friendship, the Maitri Cycle Rally, organised by BSF, completed its journey and reached its last stop at Silkore border outpost in Mizoram.
- In Haryana, Government College for Women at Salaheriin Nuh district has been renamed as Shaheed Lieutenant KiranShekhawat Government College for Women, Salaheri.
- In Madhya Pradesh, Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have launched the Mission Gramodaya in the state.
- The golden jubilee celebrations of the 1971 war across the nation continue with the Victory flame reaching the AkashvaniBhawan in Kolkata.
- Punjab Government has decided to create a robust and integrated technology solution to implement and review the progress of the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) schemes in the state to ensure accountability, transparency, and responsiveness.
- In Kargil the department of Technical Education and Skill development is organizing KaushalMelaas part of the skill development programme of the government of India.
- Government has set a target to make India the number one tourist destination and focusing on doubling the number of international tourists coming to India by 2024.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal inaugurated and dedicated various development projects worth Rs. 1411 crore to the people of the State through video conference from Chandigarh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- The wholesale price-based inflation rose to 4.17 percent to hit 27 month high in February this year.
- Government has decided to sell 16.12 per cent stake in Tata Communications Limited TCLthrough an Offer for Sale, OFS.
- Magma HDI General Insurance Company Ltd, the insurance JV of Magma Fincorp Ltd, has approved capital raise of up to Rs.250 crore by way of preferential issue to third party investors.
- The United States has surpasses Saudi Arabiaas India’s second biggest oil supplier.
- Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers D.V. SadanandaGowdahas said that the Indian chemicals and petrochemicals industry is growing to new heights and an investment of 8 lakh crore rupees is anticipated in the sector by 2025.
- DoodhDuronto special trains have transported seven crore litres of Milk to National Capital, New Delhi in the current financial year 2020-21, which is the highest ever transportation since its commencement.
- The Income Tax Department said it has issued over 2 lakh crore rupees worth refunds to more than 2.1 crore taxpayers so far this fiscal.
- Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur said, due to better planning under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the country’s economy is witnessing a ‘V’ shaped recovery.
- India has supplied a second batch of 20 thousand litres of Malathion 95 percent ULV pesticide to Iran under a Government-to-Government Locust Control Programme.
- Secretary, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) TuhinKantaPandeyhas said that GAIL buyback of shares have been fully subscribed.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry SomParkash informed the RajyaSabha that over 44 thousand Startups have been recognized by the Department for promotion of Industry and Internal trade since the launch of the initiative.
- The Road, Transport and Highways Ministry has received reports from Indian Computer Emergency Response Team – CERT-In regarding targeted intrusion activities directed towards Indian Transport sector with possible malicious intentions.
- Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said it has shortlisted three new startups as part of its Mobility and Automobile Innovation Lab (MAIL)
- Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) said it has signed a share purchase agreement for acquiring 100% stake in a special purpose vehicle (SPV) holding 50 MW operating solar project from Toronto-based SkyPower Global.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- The Reserve Bank of India has asked banks to implement the image-basedCheque Truncation System (CTS) in all branches by September 30 this year.
- AU Small Finance Bankon announced that it has completed the allotment of equity shares under its Qualified Institutions Placement and has raised Rs.5 crore through the issuance of 50 lakh equity shares at an issue price of Rs.1,251 per share.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of 2 crore on State Bank of India (SBI) for contravention of certain provisions of Section 10 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949 and the central bank’s specific directions issued to the bank on payment of remuneration to employees in the form of commission.
- In order to boost rural innovation and entrepreneurship in the agri-businesses, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) launched Rural Business Incubation Centre (RBIC) in Gujarat.
- The total number of basic bank accounts under PradhanMantri Jan DhanYojana (PMJDY) has reached 42 crore.
- Lender disburses 23,000 crore under ECLG scheme.
- Piramal Capital and Housing Finance Ltd (PCHFL), a wholly owned subsidiary ofPiramal Enterprises Limited (PEL), has raised 4,050 crore through issuance of long-term, five-year non-convertible debentures (NCDs) in two tranches.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will introduce the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill, 2021 in the LokSabha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOUR
- “ReNewPowerhas been named to the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Lighthouse Network, which recognises companies using new technologies to achieve environmentally sustainable, community supportive, profitable growth,” the company said in a statement.
- Three nature camps were felicitated by the State government with Chief Minister’s Award for best performance in forest protection through nature tourism on the occasion of World Forestry Day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has signeda memorandum of understanding with the Cochin University of Science and Technology for academic collaboration
- The Union Cabinet was approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment of Maldives for cooperation in Sports and Youth Affairs.
- The Labour Bureau signed a service level agreement with Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited, BECIL for conducting all India surveys on Migrant Workers and All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey.
- WE HUB, an exclusive incubator for women-led startups, has signed an agreement with the University of Bolton, based in the UK.
- The Textile Ministry has put its weight behind an early limited Free Trade Deal between India and the UK which, it says, must include tariff reduction for textile and clothing items, resulting in possible gains for the sector, officials have said.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- On March 15, 2021 , The Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyarireleased a digital e-book titled Dawn Under The Dome.
- Former PepsiCo CEO IndraNooyi has published her memoir titled My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT NEWS
- Union Minister for Health and Family WelfareDr Harsh Vardhan has been appointed as the Chairman of the international body Stop TB Partnership Board.
- PriyaSubbaraman, Chief Regulatory Officer at National Stock Exchange (NSE,) and SanjeevKaushik, Additional Secretary at the Ministry of Finance, have been shortlisted for the post of MD and CEO of National Share Depository Services Ltd (NSDL), a leading provider of equity demat accounts.
- Global wealth manager Julius Baer has appointed Chirag Gandhi as MD Senior Advisor, Team Head, based in New Delhi.
- Tanzania’s President John Magufuli has passed away at a hospital in Dar es Salaam. He was 61.
- Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte led his People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) to a fourth victory in a row.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- On March 16, 2021, The Sixth India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Women’s Forum meeting was held virtually.
- On March 17, 2021, The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum’s (IUSSTF) US India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI) Initiative was launched.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On March 15, 2021, Tech Mahindra will acquire a 70 percent stake in Ireland-based Perigord Asset Holdings Ltd for around Rs 182 crore and plans to buy the remaining 30 per cent shareholding over a period of four years.
- On March 15, 2021, The government will sell up to 16.12 percent stake in Tata Communications Ltd (TCL) through an Offer for Sale starting at the floor price of Rs.1,161 per equity share.
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones (APSEZ) is acquiring the 5 percentstake held by Windy Lakeside Investment Limited (an affiliate of Warburg Pincus) in Gangavaram Port Limited (GPL) for around Rs 1,954 crore.
- On March18, 2021, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of 51 percent stake in Odisha power utility NESCO from Grid Corporation of Odisha (GRIDCO).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- A team of botanists has recently stumbled upon a new rattlepod species in the Sadasivakona grove area of Chittoor district in Andhra Pradesh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES
- The government has constituted an experts advisory committee for the overall execution and monitoring of the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
- New Delhi was the world’s most polluted capital for the third straight year in 2020, according to IQAir.
- India’s arms imports fell 33 % between the 2011-15 and 2016-20 report released by the Sweden-based think-tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS & SERVICES
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella entity for digital payments in India, has launched UPI-Help on BHIM UPI.
- CAIT launched a vendor onboarding mobile app for its upcoming e-commerce portal ‘Bharat e Market’.
- On March 18, 2021,The government, while encouraging private players to host apps, is equally keen to develop and strengthen its own mobile app store.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- On March 14, 2021 Indian Naval Ship (INS) Jalashwareached Port Anjouan in Comoros to deliver 1,000 tonnes of rice as part of the Mission Sagar-IV.
- On March 16, 2021, Indian Army de-commissioned two of its longest serving Artillery systems.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- HP made its first ever consumer PC using plastic waste in the ocean, a move that builds on the company’s sustainability commitment.
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched a new online certificate course on 5G technology.
- Samsung Electronics set up an innovation lab at Delhi Technological University (DTU) to promote joint research and training on domains such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision.
- Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) has rolled out its first batch of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM).
- On March 17, 2021, Data Patterns India Private Limited handed over the indigenously made checkout system to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for its ambitious ‘Gaganyaan’ mission.
- On March 18, 2021, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and National Institute of Technology(NIT), Rourkela signed an MoU for setting up a Space Technology Incubation Centre(S-TIC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- Tamil Nadu’s ChadalavadaAnandhaBhavani Devi became the first-ever fencer from India to qualify for the Olympic Games.
- The Government announced the RajyaSabhawould soon set up a world class winter sports academy in Gulmarg.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has imposed an eight years ban on former UAE Cricketers Mohammad Naveed and Shaiman Anwar from all cricket, for trying to fix matches during the T20 World Cup qualifiers in 2019.
- On March 15, 2021, International Boxing Association (AIBA) announced that Asian Boxing Championships 2021 will be hosted by New Delhi, India from May 21-31.
- On March 16, 2021, Sprinter S Dhanalakshmi beat national record holder Dutee Chand to win the women’s 100m sprint final in the Federation Cup Senior National Athletics Championships in Patiala.
- The KRL Stadium in Rawalpindi has been renamed after former Pakistan speedster ShoaibAkhtar.
- Steeplechaser Avinash Sable was one of the first Indian track and field athletes to make the cut for the Olympics for the fifth time during the ongoingFederation Cup in Patiala.
- On March 19, 2021, Former Ireland skipper Gary Wilson announced his retirement from professional cricket.
- Mumbai captain Prithvi Shaw became the first player to breach the 800-run mark in a single edition of the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- On March 14, 2021,Renowned artist & painter from Goa and Padma Bhushan awardee LaxmanPai passed away in Goa.
- Veteran Kathakali exponent Guru ChemancheriKunhiramanNair, has passed away.
- Former Union Minister and BJP leader Dilip Gandhi has passed away.
- Lou Ottens, the Dutch engineer credited with inventing the cassette tape, passed away.
- Barrister Moudud Ahmed, a standing committee member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), has passed away.
- On March 17, 2021, Tanzania’s President John Magufuli passed away.
- G V Ramakrishna, a former chairperson of India’s market regulator, SEBI Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 30th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (11th to 20th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 10th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (18th to 31st October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (10th to 17th October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 09th October 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|