LIC AAO vacancy details have been released officially and this year they are hiring for 590 posts in total. The LIC AAO post is a lucrative job role for people who want to work in the Insurance sector. The LIC AAO is a high-paying job role where the selected candidate can enjoy a handsome salary every month along with other perks. But before seeing the salary structure, let us have a look at the job role that an LIC AAO has to perform on a day-to-day basis.
LIC AAO Job Role
A person appointed as an LIC AAO need to perform these tasks on a regular basis:
- Coordinating with various departments and providing assistance as and when required
- Inspecting new policies and working on new schemes
- Managing and filing claims and settlements
- Assist the Administrative Officer for any work that requires any help
- Finding out errors from the existing policies and correcting them
If you think that this is the kind of job you are looking for, start preparing well for the upcoming LIC AAO exam. You can find the exam syllabus details below.
The LIC AAO exam is scheduled to be conducted on 4th and 5th May for the preliminary round so you still have some time to create a study plan and work on it On successfully clearing all the rounds, you will be appointed as an LIC AAO where you can enjoy your dream job along with drawing a satisfactory salary.
LIC AAO Career Path
Although LIC AAO is a prestigious and well-paying job, like any government sector, the minimum duration to earn a promotion is up to 8 years in some cases. Again, the duration depends on a lot of factors. There are two paths that an Assistant Administrative Officer can follow for his career advancement:
- He can either work hard and get promoted to Administrative Officer (AO) over time and then eventually rise up through the hierarchy as Assistant Divisional Manager–> Divisional Manager–> Senior Divisional Manager–>Zonal Manager and so on
- He can also move internally within departments and become an Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) or Branch Manager (BM)
LIC AAO Departments
There are various departments in LIC, exams are conducted for hiring in every department. The main departments are:
- Information Technology
- New Business
- Policy Servicing
LIC AAO Salary Structure and Benefits
The Basic pay for an LIC AAO is Rs.32,795/- per month with a scale of 32795-1610 (14)- 55335- 1745 (4)- 62315 plus other eligible allowance as per the policies laid out by LIC. The gross salary will come to roughly Rs.58000/’ to Rs.60000/- per month.
- The total emolument including HRA and City Compensation Allowance will come to approximately Rs.56000/- per month in class “A” cities at the minimum scale
- Other benefits that are offered are Defined Contributary Pension, Group Mediclaim, Cash Medical Benefit, Vehicle Loan, Meal Coupons and other insurance benefits as per rules.
It should also be noted that the candidates who are appointed as an LIC AAO (Chartered Accountant) with 2 years of work experience post qualification, will be eligible for two advance increments.
Candidates who have not yet applied for the LIC AAO exam can do it till 22nd March which is the last application date as per the official LIC notification. Candidates can find every detail related to the LIC AAO exam 20919 on the link given below.