LIC AAO Salary: LIC AAO official notification was released on 25th March 2020 for 168 vacancies in total. The LIC AAO post is a lucrative job role for people who want to work in the Insurance sector. The LIC AAO is a high-paying job role where the selected candidate can enjoy a handsome LIC AAO salary every month along with other perks. In this post, we are going to have look at complete details of LIC AAO Salary, payscale, benefits, allowances, job-profile & more.
But before seeing the LIC AAO salary structure, let us have a look at the job role that a LIC AAO has to perform on a day-to-day basis.
LIC AAO Job Profile
A person appointed as a LIC AAO need to perform these tasks regularly:
- Coordinating with various departments and assisting as and when required
- Inspecting new policies and working on new schemes
- Managing and filing claims and settlements
- Assist the Administrative Officer for any work that requires any help
- Finding out errors from the existing policies and correcting them
If you think that this is the kind of job you are looking for, start preparing well for the upcoming LIC AAO exam. You can find the exam LIC AAO syllabus details below.
The Preliminary round of the LIC AAO exam was scheduled to be conducted on 4th April 2020. But due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was postponed. So you still have some time to create a LIC AAO Study Plan and work on it. On successfully clearing all the rounds, you will be appointed as a LIC AAO where you can enjoy your dream job along with drawing a satisfactory salary.
LIC AAO Career Path
Although LIC AAO is a prestigious and well-paying job, like any government sector, the minimum duration to earn a promotion is up to 8 years in some cases. Again, the duration depends on a lot of factors. There are two paths that an Assistant Administrative Officer can follow for his career advancement:
- He can either work hard and get promoted to Administrative Officer (AO) over time. And then eventually rise through the hierarchy as Assistant Divisional Manager–> Divisional Manager–> Senior Divisional Manager–>Zonal Manager and so on
- He can also move internally within departments and become an Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) or Branch Manager (BM)
LIC AAO Departments
There are various departments in LIC, exams are conducted for hiring in every department. The main departments are:
- Information Technology
- New Business
- Policy Servicing
LIC AAO Salary Structure and Benefits
The LIC AAO Basic pay for a LIC AAO is Rs.32,795/- per month with a scale of 32795-1610 (14)- 55335- 1745 (4)- 62315 plus other eligible allowance as per the policies laid out by LIC. The gross LIC AAO salary will come to roughly Rs.58000/’ to Rs.60000/- per month.
- The total emolument including HRA and City Compensation Allowance will come to approximately Rs.56000/- per month in class “A” cities at the minimum scale
- Other benefits include Defined Contributory Pension, Group Mediclaim, Cash Medical Benefit, Vehicle Loan, Meal Coupons, and other insurance benefits as per rules.
It should also be noted that the candidates who are appointed as a LIC AAO (Chartered Accountant) with 2 years of work experience post-qualification, will be eligible for two advance increments.
LIC AAO Salary – FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. What is the monthly LIC AAO Salary?
A. The gross LIC AAO salary will come to roughly Rs.58000/’ to Rs.60000/- per month.
Q. How many phases are there in the LIC AAO examination?
A. LIC AAO exam comprises of the following 4 phases:
a) Prelims examination
b) Mains Examination
c) Personal Interview
Q. Can I give the LIC AAO test in Hindi?
A. Yes. LIC AAO exam is bilingual i.e. candidate can attempt in either Hindi or English.
Q. What is LIC AAO’s application fee?
A. For SC/ST/PwD candidates: ₹85(+GST+ Transaction charges)
All other candidates: ₹700
Q. Is there any negative marking for LIC AAO 2020?
A. No, there is no negative marking in any phase of LIC AAO.