Railway RRB Reasoning 2020: According to the latest update from Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), it is going to soon conduct exams for the recruitment of candidates for different posts and grades.
In this article, we will discuss the Railway RRB Reasoning section in detail for the upcoming examinations.
RRB Railway Reasoning 2020: List of Exams
Railways are one of the largest sectors providing employment opportunities to thousands of people.
Every year RRB conducts the following four type of examinations:
- RRB NTPC: NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Categories) is conducted to hire candidates for posts like Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Station Master, etc.
- Assistant Loco Pilots are recruited through the RRB ALP exam.
- RRB JE: It is for the selection of candidates with a technical engineering background.
- RRB Group-D: Through this one candidate is recruited for posts like Helper/Assistant, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, and Assistant Pointsman.
Railway RRB Reasoning 2020:
Railway RRB Reasoning plays a crucial role in the selection of any of the above-mentioned categories of RRB examinations. The level of questions does vary as we move higher in the grade scale but the core concepts remain the same.
Given below is the list of all the important topics under Railway RRB Logical Reasoning syllabus 2020:
|Analogies||Venn Diagrams||Mathematical Operations|
|Puzzle||Decision Making||Problem on Ages|
|Syllogism||Coding and Decoding||Interpretation of Graphs|
|Venn Diagrams||Blood Relations||Similarities and Differences|
|Decision Making||Analytical Reasoning||Statement-Conclusion|
|Data Sufficiency||Number Series||Statement- Courses of Action|
|Cubes and Dice||Clocks and Calendars||Grouping Identical Figures|
|Mirror Images||Order and Ranking||Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series|
Railway RRB Logical Reasoning Weightage:
Number of Questions
|Order and Rank||2|
|Alphabet & Figure series||2|
|Logical Arrangement of words||3|
|Distance & direction||2|
|Odd One Out||1|
|Statement & Conclusions||2|
Railway RRB Reasoning Preparation Tips:
RRB Logical Reasoning Syllabus comprises many easy topics to score well in the exam. Through proper understanding of concepts and focus, one can gain full marks to boost the overall score.
Follow some useful tips by experts to improve your performance:
- Take one step at a time: Start your Railway RRB reasoning preparation from understanding the basics before jumping onto the mock tests. Through learning Reasoning Basic Concepts you can master the whole RRB Reasoning syllabus.
- Try to start with somewhat easy topics like coding-decoding, blood-relations, directions, and distances, etc before practising the puzzles as it can be a confidence booster.
- In competitive exams, you have to attempt in a limited duration. Try to learn reasoning tricks & shortcuts specially curated by Guidely experts to save your time.
- Puzzles of different types carry the maximum marks in railways exams. So, it is advised to practice a lot of questions to gain enough perspective. Don’t forget to set a timer to increase your speed.
- After covering the reasoning syllabus, solve the previous year question papers. This will help to understand the level of the questions.
- Practicing the latest mocks is a MUST to analyze your performance. This will enhance your overall score.
Railway RRB Logical Reasoning Study Material:
Following is the list of Study material important for Railway RRB Reasoning section
- Study Material by Guidely Experts
- Railway Aptitude Test by R. Gupta
- Railway Recruitment Board Assistant Station Master Psychological and Aptitude Test by B.K Singh
- Quicker Reasoning Test by Upkar Publication
- Reasoning Test by R.S. Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the age limit for the RRB examination?
Ans: Minimum: 18 yrs
Maximum: 30 years (for NTPC)
28 years (for ALP)
Varies as per posts (for JE)
Q: Which is the highest paying job in railways?
Ans: The grade pay scale of Group A is highest i.e. 8700 to 10000 in railways.
Q: What is the total number of questions in RRB NTPC Stage I and II?
Ans: In RRB NTPC 2020, 100 Questions will be asked in Stage I and in Stage II consists of 120 Questions.
Q: What is the required education qualification for RRB JE 2020?
Ans: To apply for RRB JE an engineering degree(B.Tech or equivalent) is required.
Q: Are interviews taken for recruitment in railways?
Ans. No, interviews are not conducted for any posts in railways. The candidate is tested through a written, medical, and typing test.