Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important RRB ALP & Technicians Exam 2018 Practice Test Papers. Candidates those who are preparing for RRB ALP 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack RRB 2018 Examination.[WpProQuiz 3152]
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view Explanation
1) Which of the following product is formed when calcium oxide reacts with water?
a) Slaked lime
b) Carbon dioxide
c) Calcium oxide
d) Oxygen gas
2) Which of the following is another name of quick lime?
a) Calcium hydroxide
b) Calcium oxide
c) Carbon dioxide
d) Sodium oxide
3) Which of the following is formed when lead metal reacts with the solution of copper chloride?
a) No reaction takes place
b) Copper chlorine
c) Lead chloride
d) Copper-lead chloride
4) Which of the following is Metal?
5) Slaked lime is widely used in the food industry because of its
a) All of the them
b) High in minerals
c) Low Toxicity
d) Protein Content
6) The reciprocal of wavelength is called
a) Wave Velocity
d) Wave Number
7) The range of wavelengths or frequencies for wave phenomena is called a
8) The frequency of a light wave is related to its _______
9) _________________ is the emission of light from hot matter
10) __________________ is the emission of light when excited electrons fall to lower energy levels
1). Answer: a)
Calcium oxide reacts with water to form calcium hydroxide, also called slaked lime. A lot of heat is produced in the reaction, which may even cause the water to boil.
2). Answer: b)
Calcium oxide, commonly known as quicklime or burnt lime, is a widely used chemical compound. It is a white, caustic, alkaline, crystalline solid at room temperature.
3). Answer: c)
Lead is more reactive than copper. Hence, when a strip of lead is placed in a solution of copper chloride, it will displace copper from the salt and instead form lead chloride and copper metal. Following is the chemical equation for the reaction.
4). Answer: d)
Calcium is a chemical element with symbol Ca and atomic number 20. An alkaline earth metal, calcium is a reactive metal that forms a dark oxide-nitride layer when exposed to air.
5). Answer: c)
Because of its low toxicity and the mildness of its basic properties, slaked lime is widely used in the food industry.
6). Answer: d)
The term wave number refers to the number of complete wave cycles of an electromagnetic field (EM field) that exist in one meter (1 m) of linear space. Wave number is expressed in reciprocal meters (m-1).
7). Answer: d)
The range of wavelengths or frequencies for wave phenomena is called a spectrum.
8). Answer: b)
The frequency of a light wave is related to its color.
9). Answer: c)
Incandescence is the emission of light from “hot” matter.
10). Answer: b)
Luminescence is the emission of light when excited electrons fall to lower energy levels (in matter that may or may not be “hot”).