This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) The World Day against Speciesism has been observed every year to stop discrimination based on species membership. The day is marked on which date?
(a) June 7
(b) June 6
(c) June 5
(d) June 4
2) Every year June 6 is observed as World Pest Day. In which of the following year, the World’s first Pest day was observed?
3) UN Russian Language Day is observed on June 6. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization established the dayin which of the following year?
4) What is the theme of 2021World Food Safety Day, celebrated every year on June 7thto draw attention and inspire action to prevent, detect and manage food borne risks?
(a) Feeding the world, caring for the earth
(b) Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow
(c) Zero Hunger
(d) Climate is changing Food and agriculture must too
5) The world’s first carbon-neutral cement plant has been set up by Heidelberg Cement in which among the following country?
6) Convergence Energy Services Ltd has signed an agreement with which state’s Energy Development Agency for solar-based electrification programme for rural households of the state?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
7) What is the minimum eligibility for the Maharashtra Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme launched by Maharashtra government for providing employment and training to the youth?
(a) Should complete UG Degree
(b) Should be passed 8th Std
(c) Should be passed 12th Std
(d) Should be passed 10th Std
8) The EU and Energy investment programme by Bill Gates has planned to raise the fund to $1 billion for low-carbon technologies from 2022 to ___________.
9) Vidya Prakash has been appointed as the Registrar General of the National Green Tribunal. Who among the following has been replaced by Vidya Prakash?
(c)Arun Narayan Jha
(d)Abishek Kumar Singh
10) The Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021 has won by Thomas Vijayan for his work ‘The World is Going Upside Down’. He hails from which among the following states?
11) A space agreement with NASA has been recently signed by New Zealand. As of this, New Zealand became _______ signatory to the Artemis Accords, a blueprint for space cooperation.
12) The second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference with the theme of ‘sustainable transport, sustainable development’ would be taken place in which of the following city of China?
(d) Hong Kong
13) The Indian Navy has recently decommissioned India’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel called INS Sandhayak. It was decommissioned in which of the following naval dockyard?
14) As per the data from the Government, Which of the following country has retainedthe top Position in the top source of Foreign Direct Investment into India?
15) Narinder Bragta has passed away recently. He belonged to which of the following field?
1) Answer: C
World Day against Speciesism is marked on June 5 every year, to stop discrimination based on species membership. Speciesism is a term used in philosophy regarding the treatment of individuals of different species.
Initiated by animal rights advocates, its main goal is to remind people that speciesism, like racism or sexism, has no place in a civilized society.
2) Answer: A
World Pest Day, also known as World Pest Awareness Day, is observed on June 6 every year.
The objective behind celebrating this day is to create awareness of how pest management helps preserve the quality of life for people.The first World Pest Day was marked in 2017.
3) Answer: D
UN Russian Language Day is observed annually on June 6. The event was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2010.
UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Alexander Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of modern Russian language.
4) Answer: B
World Food Safety Day is observed every year on June 7 to draw attention and inspire action to prevent, detect and manage food borne risks.
This year’s theme, ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’, stresses that production and consumption of safe food has immediate and long-term benefits for people, the planet and the economy.
5) Answer: A
Heidelberg Cement announced its intention to upgrade its plant on the Swedish island of Gotland to become the world’s first carbon-neutral cement plant.
The installation at the State plant of Heidelberg Cement’s subsidiary Cementa will be scaled to capture up to 1.8 million tonnes of CO2 annually, which corresponds to the plant’s total emissions.
The full-scale capturing of the plant’s CO2 emissions is targeted by 2030.
6) Answer: B
Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched solar-based electrification programme for rural households in the state. This project will bring electricity through renewable energy to areas in Goa where grid connectivity is not feasible.
The solar PV-based home lighting systems for households was inaugurated only two days after the agreement was signed between Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) and Goa Energy Development Agency (GEDA).
7) Answer: D
The Maharashtra government has decided to implement the Maharashtra Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (MAPS) with the objective of providing employment and training to the youth of the state.
Under this Scheme, in the current year, apprenticeship opportunities will be provided to 1 lakh youth in various industries and establishments in the state.
Maharashtra Apprentice Promotion Scheme is being implemented to provide employment and self-employment opportunities and experience to the youth who have passed at least 10th standard in the state
The scheme aims to provide employment and training to 5 lakh well-educated unemployed youth in the next five years.
Under this scheme, the trainees will be entitled to get 75 percent of the scholarship payable to them or a maximum of Rs 5,000 whichever is less”.
8) Answer: C
The European Commission stated The European Union and an energy investment programme founded by Bill Gates plan to raise up to $1 billion to roll out the low-carbon technologies Europe is betting on to meet its climate change goals.
The partnership would see Gates-founded Breakthrough Energy use private capital and philanthropic funds to match funding provided by the EU. The aim is to together provide up to 820 million euros, or $1 billion, from 2022 to 2026.
9) Answer: B
Additional Sessions Judge Vidya Prakash has been appointed as the Registrar General of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on deputation basis. The position fell vacant after Registrar General Ashu Garg died due to COVID-19 recently.
10) Answer: D
Thomas Vijayan won Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021. Vijayan, hailing from Kerala and now settled in Canada, shot the picture titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down’, in Borneo.
Vijayan, who got £1,500 (Rs.1.5 lakh) cash prize
11) Answer: D
New Zealand is the latest country to sign a space agreement with NASA.
New Zealand became the eleventh signatory to the Artemis Accords, a blueprint for space cooperation and supporting the U.S. space agency’s plans to return humans to the moon by 2024 and to launch a historic human mission to Mars.
12) Answer: C
The second United Nations (UN) Global Sustainable Transport Conference will take place from October 14 to 16 in Beijing, China. Theme of the Conference : sustainable transport, sustainable development
It provides an opportunity to focus attention on the opportunities, challenges and solutions towards achieving sustainable transport worldwide.
13) Answer: A
On June 04, 2021, , the Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam.The Ship Served the nation for 40 glorious years. INS Sandhayak undertook over 200 major hydrographic surveys.
The ship took part in important operations:
- Op Pawan in Sri Lanka, 1987
- Op Rainbow for Humanitarian Assistance in the aftermath of the Tsunami in 2004
- Maiden Indo-US HADR Exercise Tiger-Triumph in 2019.
14) Answer: D
The US replaced Mauritius as the second largest source of foreign direct investment into India during 2020-21 with inflows of USD 13.82 billion.
Singapore remained the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into the country for the third consecutive fiscal year at USD 17.41 billion.
During the last financial year, India attracted USD 5.64 billion in FDI from Mauritius, according to the data by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
15) Answer: D
On June 05, 2021, The Chief Whip in Himachal Pradesh Assembly and senior BJP MLA Narinder Bragta passed away. He was 68. He was born on September 15, 1952, at Shimla.
He was a mass leader who did contribution in development of the state, particularly in the horticulture sector. He was also a Cabinet minister from 2007 to 2012.