This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) National Reading Day has been celebrated every year on June 19.This day celebrated to honour the father of the ‘Library Movement’ PN Panicker.Library Movement was held in which state?
(a) Tamil Nadu
2) International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict has been observed every year on June 19.The day was observed by which among the following?
3) Which of the following ministry has launched the national helpline and reporting platform for preventing financial loss due to cyber fraud?
(a) IT Ministry
(c) Home Ministry
4) The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched how many disability early intervention centres throughout the nation to offer assistance to infants and youngsters prone to disabilities?
5) ‘Vaccine Passport’ has been set to launch by which among the following country in order to relaunch their tourism and business trips?
6) A mobile App, “Khedo Punjab” has been launched by Punjab Sports and Youth Services Minister. This App has launched for what purpose?
(a) To train Players during Pandemic
(b) Tomonitor the Ground
(c) To give Scholarships to Players
(d)To digitalise the sports department
7) The famous cricketer Jasprit Bumrah has been appointed as the brand ambassador of which among thefollowing companyfor its wearables category?
8) Aashish Chandorkar has been appointed as the director of World Trade Organisation for how many years?
(a) 5 Years
(b) 4 Years
(c) 2 Years
(d) 3 Years
9) Montek Singh Ahluwalia has been appointed as the Member of a High-Level Advisory Group of World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. What is his actual Profession?
(b) Civil Servant
(c) Chief Justice
(d) Both A & B
10) The International Criminal Court has recently appointed Karim Khan as the new chief prosecutor. He belongs to which country?
11) The European Inventor Award 2021 has been won by Sumita Mitra for which of the following technology?
(a) Use of nanotechnology in Cardio
(b) Use of nanotechnology in CNS
(c) Use of nanotechnology in Bones
(d)Use of nanotechnology in Dentistry
12) “Familial Forestry of Rajasthan” has won the Land for Life Award 2021at the UNCCD Conference of the Parties. This tends to be ______________ Conference of the Parties.
13) Polarisation High-Accuracy Experiment (PASIPHAE) is an international collaborative sky surveying project. This project is used to survey which among the following?
(c) Milky Way
14) Neeraj Chopra has won the gold Medal in the Meeting Cidade de Lisboa in Portugal. He is associated with which sports?
(b) Disc Thrower
15) Brig Raghubir Singh Rajawat has passed away recently. He was a recipient of which of the following Award?
(a) Kirti Chakra
(b) Mahavir Chakra
(c) Param vir Chakra
(d) Vir chakra
16) Kenneth Kaunda has passed away recently. He was a founding president of which of the following country?
1) Answer: B
National Reading Day is celebrated to honour the father of the ‘Library Movement in Kerala’, the late PN Panicker, whose death anniversary is on June 19.
MH has launched a social media campaign called “#MyBookMyFriend” for this National Reading Day. The ceremony is held in India to honour the late Puthuvayil Narayana Panicker, popularly known as P.N. Panicker, the father of the Library Movement.
2) Answer: D
On June 19, the United Nations observes International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict to raise awareness about the need to eradicate and put a full stop to conflict-related sexual violence.
This year’s theme for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is “Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!”.
3) Answer: C
The Union Home Ministry has operationalized the national helpline 155260 and reporting platform for preventing financial loss due to cyber fraud.
The national helpline and reporting platform provide a mechanism for persons cheated in cyber frauds to report such cases to prevent loss of their hard-earned money.
The helpline 155260 and its reporting platform has been made operational by the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) under the home ministry, with active support and cooperation from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), all major banks, payment banks, wallets and online merchants.
4) Answer: A
The Union Social Justice and Empowerment (SJE) Ministry launched 14 cross disability early intervention centres throughout the nation to offer assistance to infants and younger youngsters prone to or with disabilities.
Union SJE Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot nearly inaugurated the centres which are positioned at seven nationwide institutes and 7 composite regional centres of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
5) Answer: A
Japan will make a vaccine passport available from next month for Japanese travellers, as governments around the world experiment with ways to relaunch tourism and business trips.
The certificate will be paper-based rather than digital and will be issued by local governments from sometime next month.
6) Answer: D
Punjab Sports and Youth Services Minister Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi launched a special Mobile App “Khedo Punjab” for putting the Sports Department and all the Sports persons of State of Punjab on Digital platform.
This is the first time in the history of the Sports Department that the department has launched a mobile app.
7) Answer: B
Premium smartphone brand OnePlus has named cricketer Jasprit Bumrah as the brand ambassador for its wearables category.
“The partnership with Bumrah reiterates the brand philosophy of ‘Never Settle’ and the company’s pursuit towards perfection.
The OnePlus wearables category includes the OnePlus Watch and OnePlus Band.
8) Answer: D
The government has appointed a private person Aashish Chandorkar as Counsellor in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation for three years.
For the first time, a private person has been appointed at the Mission. Chandorkar is director of Bengaluru-based policy think tank Smahi Foundation of Policy and Research.
9) Answer: D
Montek Singh Ahluwalia, former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission and distinguished fellow at the Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP), was named as a member of a High-Level Advisory Group (HLAG) formed by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in the face of the dual crisis posed by the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change.
Montek Singh Ahluwalia is an Indian economist and civil servant who was the Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India, a position which carried the rank of a Cabinet Minister.
10) Answer: A
British lawyer Karim Khan was sworn as the new chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court.
He takes over from Fatou Bensouda of Gambia, whose nine-year term ended.
Karim Asad Ahmad Khan QC is a British lawyer and a specialist in international criminal law and international human rights law.
11) Answer: D
Indian-American chemist Sumita Mitra has won one of Europe’s most prestigious innovation prizes for her pioneering use of nanotechnology in dentistry to produce stronger and more aesthetically pleasing fillings which are now used by dentists around the world.
Mitra won European Inventor Award 2021 in the “Non-EPO countries” category.
The new composite filling material, called Filtek Supreme Universal Restorative, is a versatile material that could be used for restoring teeth in any area of the mouth.
12) Answer: A
This year’s Land for Life Award goes to Familial Forestry of Rajasthan, India, a unique concept of Shyam Sunder Jyani, Associate Professor for Sociology at in Rajasthan that relates a tree with a family, making it a green “family member.”
The Land for Life Award ceremony will take place in August at the Eighth Kubuqi International Desert Forum in China.
The award winner will also have an opportunity to present their work at the UNCCD Fifteenth Conference of the Parties UNCCD COP15.
13) Answer: A
Polar-Areas Stellar-Imaging in Polarisation High-Accuracy Experiment (PASIPHAE) is an international collaborative sky surveying project.
PASIPHAE is an instrument used in sky surveys to study stars. The PASIPHAE survey will measure starlight polarisation over large areas of the sky.
Scientists from the University of Crete, Greece, Caltech, USA, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), India, the South African Astronomical Observatory and the University of Oslo, Norway, are involved in this project. The Project had been funded with $1 million.
- The Infosys Foundation, India,
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Greece
- USA’s National Science Foundation
The Project, which will be used in upcoming sky surveys to study stars, is being led by an Indian astronomer.
14) Answer: D
India’s Neeraj Chopra won the javelin gold medal in the Meeting Cidade de Lisboa in Lisbon, Portugal.
In January 2020, a throw of 87.86m in South Africa he had qualified for Tokyo Olympic 2020.
15) Answer: B
Mahavir Chakra (MVC) recipient, Brig Raghubir Singh Rajawat, Passed away. He was 99.
He was born on 02 Nov 1923, in Soda village of Tonk District.
President of India Dr S Radhakrishnan honoured Lieutenant Colonel (later Brigadier) Raghubir Singh with Mahavir Chakra, the second highest gallantry award in the country.
16) Answer: D
Kenneth Kaunda, Zambia’s founding president and a champion of African nationalism Passed away. He was 97.
Kenneth Kaunda was popularly known as KK. Kenneth Kaunda was a Zambian politician who served as the first President of Zambia from 1964 to 1991.