World Fathers Day 2021: World Fathers Day 2021 will be celebrated on 20th June 2021. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of every June annually. This year the 3rd Sunday of June will be on June 20th, 2021. World Fathers Day 2021 is a day dedicated to fathers all around the world and honours their hard work and love. World Fathers Day 2021 is celebrated across 111 countries every year like United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, India, Pakistan. As this World Fathers Day 2021 is not recognised by the UN, therefore, this day does not come with a theme.
New Zealand and Australia celebrate World Fathers Day 2021 on the first Sunday in September, while in Germany the day is celebrated on Ascension Day in May or June. Additionally, Thailand marks the occasion on December 5 and many Middle Eastern countries observe world Fathers Day on June 21.
History of World Fathers Day
- World Fathers Day was founded by Sonora Smart Dodd and is a day to honour the sacrifices made by a father for his family.
- Born in Arkansas, USA her father a Civil War Veteran was accredited to brought up his six children including Sonora as a single parent.
- According to her, the strict nature of her parent was the sole reason behind their family’s unity.
- She celebrated the first World Father’s Day on June 19, 1910, in Washington and from that day it has gained immense popularity.
- A father is the most important person in a child’s life while he is growing or any other way.
- In 1972, President Richard Nixon declared a holiday on World Fathers Day and from that day onwards the Fathers Day Council was founded which resulted in the celebration of the day as World Fathers Day.
Importance of World Fathers Day 2021
The importance of World Fathers Day founds its origin in the way that for every child his father is the most important person. Hence we will elaborate on the importance of the same in the space below:
- It is celebrated to honour the strict and authoritarian father figures.
- It elaborated on the importance of having a father in your life and what role they have to play and what they do for making an individual.
- This day is specially dedicated to fathers and it is our moral duties to make them feel special by giving them, gifts or doing things that they like the most.
- Father’s Day is also a wonderful means of giving your father the things that he has missed in his life for the sake of his children.