World Refugee Day 2021 Theme: World Refugee Day is celebrated on 20 June every year to spread awareness about the conditions and the troubles experienced by the refugees in their life. This World Refugee Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to honor refugees all over the world. The main motive behind celebrating World Refugee Day 2021 is to promote empathy and recognize their sacrifice and courage in restoring the life of people. World Refugee Day was first marked on 20th June 2001 on the 50th Anniversary of the 1951 Convention by the UN General Assembly. World Refugee Day 2021 Theme is celebrated in various countries on different dates. The World Refugee Day 2021 Theme is “Together We Heal, Learn, and Shine”. Scroll down the article to get detailed and complete information related to World Refugee Day 2021 Theme.
What does Refugee Day mean?
- Before we understand the meaning of Refugee Day, let’s discuss what does Refugee Mean? Refugees are the people who are forced to leave their homes due to war, attacks, terror, violence, and other issues.
- Leaving or staying away from their house is just the start of the painful and challenging journey.
- There are certain days when the refugees have to experience terrible weather conditions and have to live in the camps until they are shifted to another place where the weather conditions are normal.
- Therefore, World Refugee Day is celebrated to protect and improve the lives of refugees all over the world so that they not only survive but also live a decent standard of living.
- This day highlights the rights, dreams, and needs of the refugees in order to mobilize the political will so that the refugees not only survive but also grow in true terms.
- However, it is less possible to strengthen and protect the lives of refugees regularly, therefore World Refugee Day to spread awareness about the conditions and the troubles experienced by the refugees in their life.
World Refugee Day 2021 Theme
The World Refugee Day 2021 Theme is “Together we heal, learn, and shine”. Let’s understand the meaning of the World Refugee Day 2021 Theme;
Together we heal: Provide the refugee with access to mental health programs, sexual and reproductive health, primary and secondary health care, and nutrition
Together we learn: Make a donation to the university offering scholarships to seven young immigrants and improve and upgrade their life.
Together we shine: Motivate and encourage refugees by letting their artistic side shine brighter.
What can we do on World Refugee Day?
World Refugee Day 2021 is celebrated every year with several events held in many countries across the world to support and in the honor of the refugees. The participants in these events are refugees, government officials, general public members, actors, businesses, and school children. The following things we can do on world refugee day in the honor of the refugee mentioned below:
- Take part in the digital events of the World Refugee day hosted by UN Agencies and refugee-related organizations to discuss future goals related to refugee topics, refugee crises and ways to solve them, and how to make a difference.
- Become Friends with the refugees in your society and reach out to them, invite them home for dinner, practice your local language or just initiate the chat with the refugee and spend some time with them to make them feel better. By just being friendly with them you can make a positive impact in their lives.
- Introduce the Refugee in the local community to make them feel comfortable around you and the neighborhood.
- Due to the pandemic, it is not possible for everyone to attend the public event. If conducted, then what you can do is donate or raise funds for the refugees to provide financial assistance to them in this crisis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.When is World Refugee Day celebrated?
World Refugee Day is celebrated on 20 June every year to spread awareness about the conditions and the troubles experienced by the refugees in their life.
Q.What is the World Refugee Day 2021 Theme?
The World Refugee Day 2021 Theme is “Together We Heal, Learn, and Shine”.