SSC GD Constable Eligibility: SSC GD Constable Exam is conducted every year by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) to recruit candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) in the following forces: Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Secretariat Security Force (SSF).
Staff Selection Commission has released the Revised Notification and Exam Dates for the SSC GD(General Duty) Constable Exam. In this Page, we will give details about the SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria as provided by the Commission.
SSC GD Constable Notification and Exam Dates
Before we get into the SSC GD Constable eligibility we will see the Following table which Contains the new Dates of SSC GD Constable Notification and Online Application form filling date as per the Revised calendar released by the SSC.
|SSC GD Constable Notification release Date||25th march 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Online Application Starts||25th march 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Application Ends||10th May 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Paper-1 Exam Date(CBE)||02 August 2021 to 25 August 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Paper-1 Result||To be Updated|
|SSC GD Constable Paper-2 Exam(PET)||To be Updated|
|SSC GD Constable Paper-2 Result||To be Updated|
*CBE-Computer Based Exam
*PET-Physical Efficiency Test
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria For 2020-21 Exam
SSC GD Constable eligibility is an important criterion that the candidates must know before applying for the exam. SSC GD Constable eligibility is also a mandatory aspect, SSC asks the candidate should at least full fill in order to be eligible for filling the exam form and is mainly based on 3 factors, which are as follows:-
- Candidates applying for SSC GD Constable 2020-21 must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should also keep in mind that they must submit a domicile/PRC of the state/UT they are filling their form from, according to the official Website.
2) Educational Qualification
- A candidate applying for SSC GD Constable 2020 is required to have passed Class 10 or its equivalent Exam from a recognized State Board or University or Institute.
- In case any candidate does not possess the qualifying examination certificate before the closing date of the application form, then that candidate will not be permitted to apply for SSC GD Constable Exam.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination (Class 10) are not eligible for the exam.
3) Age Limit
The SSC GD Constable eligibility has some age limits as well. Candidates willing to apply for SSC GD Constable 2020-21 must not be less than 18 years old and not more than 23 years old
- SSC GD Constable Exam Lower Age Limit:-18 years
- SSC GD Constable Exam Upper Age Limit-23 years
Further, Age Relaxation is also given to reserved categories such as ST/SC etc., The following table contains the Age Relaxation given to each reserved Category according to SSC
|CATEGORY||SC GD Constable Age Relaxations (years)|
|Ex-Servicemen(ExS)||3 years(after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning)|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1,984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1,984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||10 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
- Ex-Servicemen who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group-C posts on regular basis after availing the reservation benefits given to them for their re-employment are not eligible for reservation benefits under ExS category for SSC GD exam. However, they are eligible for age relaxation, states the official website.
- Candidates should note that SSC GD age relaxation is not valid for candidates who are sons, daughters or dependents of ex-servicemen(ExS).
SSC GD Constable Stepwise Selection Process
After seeing the SSC GD Constable eligibility criteria, now let’s take a look at the steps which contains the Selection Process of SSC GD Constable 2020 Exam after Candidates have Filled their Online Application Form further step follows:-
Step 1: Computer Based Exam(CBE)
Paper-1 is a CBE which carries 100 objective-type questions of 100 marks. The question paper is divided into four parts – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English/Hindi.
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
Step 2: Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
After Paper-1(CBE), candidates are shortlisted for physical tests such as PET and PST. The tests are conducted at various centers finalized by the recruiting body such as CAPFs.
The criteria to be followed for the PET test: –
- For Male candidates: 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- For Female candidates: 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
Step 3: Physical Standard Test(PST)
The Following Table contains the factors in which the candidates are tested for their PST(Physical Standard Test)
|Height||General, SC & OBC||170||157|
|Weight||General, SC & OBC||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards|
Step 4: Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
The Candidates who qualify the PET and PST are shortlisted for DME(Detailed Medical Exam) the candidates are medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness on the basis of the following points:
- Medical Fitness
|Visual Acuity unaided(Near Vision)||Visual Acuity unaided(Distant Vision)||Refraction||Colour Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye||Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted||CP-III By ISIHARA||For right-handed person, the right eye is better and vice-versa|
Step 5: Final SSC GD result
The final SSC GD Constable result along with force allocation is released by Staff Selection Commission on its official website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What is the Age limit for applying for the SSC GD Constable 2020 as mentioned in the SSC GD Constable eligibility criteria?
Ans. According to SSC GD Constable eligibility, the candidates applying for SSC GD Constable must be between 18 years of age to 23 years of age.
Q2. What is the minimum Educational Qualification for SSC GD Constable 2020 Examination as mentioned in the SSC GD Constable eligibility criteria?
Ans. The minimum Educational Qualification as mentioned in the SSC GD Constable eligibility criteria is 10th pass.
Q3. When is Official Notification for SSC GD Constable 2020-21 expected to release?
Ans. The Official Notification for SSC GD Constable Exam 2020-2021 is expected to be released on 25th March 2021.
Q4. What are the forces which recruit under SSC GD Constable Exam?
Ans. The forces which recruit by the SSC GD Exam are:-
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF).