World UFO Day 2021 is observed and celebrated on 2 July every year to raise awareness about Unidentified Flying Objects UFOs) and alien life forms. This celebration is to commemorate the supposed UFO crash incident in Roswell New Mexico in 1947. The day aims to discuss and educate people about UFOs, flying saucers, and sightings of bright blue light in the sky that make headlines across the world. On this day People gather together and watch the skies for UFOs. The day reminds us of the possible existence of aliens in the Universe.
What is UFO?
It is an unidentified flying object that cannot be identified or explained immediately. The term UFO is used to report sightings of extraterrestrial spaceships that pass by or visit the earth. To date, UFOs have been the subject of many conspiracy theories as most of them are identified, investigated, or a phenomenon in general.
History & Significance of UFO:
- An organization named World UFO Day Organisation (WUFODO) decided to celebrate World UFO Day on 02nd July 2021. This is because, on this day, most UFO enthusiasts gathered together to show ‘evidence’ of extraterrestrial life. But according to aviator Kenneth Arnold, some countries celebrated World UFO Day on 24th June. The first World UFO Day was celebrated in 2001 by UFO researcher Haktan Akdogan.
- Moreover, it also states that observing this day also encourages the government to reveal their flies on UFO sightings and related information.
- It also spread awareness about “the undoubted existence of UFOs and with those intelligent beings from outer space.”
The Three Famous UFO Sightings Around the World:
1. Kenneth Arnold, 1947: On 24 June 1947, Kenneth Arnold was flying on his aircraft near Washington’s Mount Rainier. On that spot, he saw the nine blue, glowing objects flying fast with an estimated speed of 1,700 miles per hour in a V formation.
2. Roswell, 1947: In 1947, William Roswell discovered mysterious debris in one of his pastures in New Mexico. When he reported about it, the military was called to retrieve the materials. But the officials have published a report identifying the crashed object as a nuclear test surveillance balloon from Project Mogul. A second Air Force report, published in 1997, concluded that stories of “aliens bodies” probably stemmed from the test dummies being dropped from high altitude.
3. Rendlesham Forest, 1980: Around 03:00 on 26 December 1980, the security patrol near the east gate of RAF Woodbridge and Bentwaters reported seeing strange colourful lights above the Rendlesham Forest about 100 miles northeast of London. It was said that a man entered the forest and claimed that he saw a sort of spacecraft and on the next day people over there confirmed about the damage caused near trees and also about a high level of radiation at the site. The occurrence is the most famous of claimed UFO events to have happened in the United Kingdom and is among the best-known reported UFO events worldwide.
4. In India in 2007: The UFO has been observed in Kolkata, based upon some news. It was about a face-moving object that was spotted between 3:30 am and 6:30 am and was recorded on a camera. The shape of the object changed from a sphere to a triangle and further change into a straight line.