Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Sports Journalists Day
- Every year July 02 is celebrated as World Sports Journalists Day or International Sports Journalists Day.
- It is to acknowledge the sports journalists and also mark the anniversary of the International Sports Press Association (AIPS). The association was established in 1924 during the Summer Olympics in Paris.
Independence Day USA
- Independence Day USA is celebrated on 4 July. United States Independence Day is also known as the Fourth of July or the Fourth.
- This day commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on 4 July, 1776 from the Kingdom of Great Britain.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announces a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021
- Puri announced a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021.
- The Prerak Dauur Samman has a total of five additional sub- categories –Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring) – with the top three cities being recognized in each. In a departure from the present criteria of evaluating cities on ‘population category’, this new category will categorize cities on the basis of six select indicator wise performance criteria which are as follows:
Segregation of waste into Wet, Dry and Hazard categories
• Processing capacity against wet waste generated
• Processing and recycling of wet and dry waste
• Construction & Demolition (C&D) waste processing
• Percentage of waste going to landfills
• Sanitation status of cities
Govt sanctions Rs 4,000 cr under Atma nirbhar programme to improve infrastructure for Food Parks in K’taka
- Karnataka Agriculture Minister B C Patil informed that Central Government has sanctioned 4,000 crore rupees under Atma nirbhar programme to improve infrastructure for the Food Parks in the state.
- Infrastructure will be improved in four Food Parks developed in the state and plans will be afoot to set up more. Food Parks will help the economic stability of farmers.
- Agri start-ups will be encouraged in the state to set up units in the Food Parks. Malur, Bagalkote, Hiriyuru and Jewargi have Food Parks. Food Karnataka Limited is a special purpose vehicle appointed to manage these parks.
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala
AIR to broadcast its first-ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit
- The All India Radio (AIR) will broadcast its first- ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit which will have news from the world of Sanskrit and prominent developments of the week, a statement stated.
- The programme titled, ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’, will air from Saturday onwards and will be of 20 minutes duration. It can be heard on All India Radio FM News Channel (100.1 MHz frequency) every Saturday with a repeat broadcast on Sundays.
- The weekly programme will have elements from the prominent developments of the week, news from the world of Sanskrit, explaining the humane values enshrined in Sanskrit literature, philosophy, history, art, culture and tradition, it stated.
- It will give voices to the children and the youth and their feelings about the great Indian tradition and culture, it added.
- Its components will be Sukti, Prasang, Saptahiki, Sanskrit Darshan, Gyan Vigyan, Bal Vallari, Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat and Anvikshiki.
- Prasang will tell the story of the week from the field of art, culture, tradition, history and epics like the Ramayana, the Mahabharat, Upnishads, Vedas, etc.
India to add 60 GW renewable energy capacity in 5 yrs
- India is expected to add only 60GW of renewable energy capacity in the next 5 years, according to Bridge To India’s India Renewable Energy CEO survey report 2020.
- This is very low, at 12GW per annum. The government wants to achieve 175GW by 2022 and 450GW by 2030, stated Vinay Rustagi, Managing Director of the renewable energy consultancy firm.
- India’s utility scale solar capacity was 32.2GW and wind capacity was 37.6GW as on 31 March 2020.
- It stated 58% of the respondents are against the idea of imposing import duty on cell and module imports. The survey observed that 50% of the respondents believe the auctions market is quite aggressive.
- A large majority of respondents report a challenging policy environment. Uncertain policy environment was voted as one of the biggest challenges in the sector in 2019, indicating little improvement on this front, it stated.
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister launches toolkit for Swachh Survekshan 2021
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the toolkit for Swachh Survekshan-2021, the sixth edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. Mr Puri stated, every year, the Swachh Survekshan is redesigned innovatively, to ensure that the process becomes more robust, with focus on sustaining the behaviour change.
- Mr Puri announced a new category of awards titled Prerak Dauur Samman as part of Swachh Survekshan-2021. The Prerak Daaur Samman has a total of five additional sub- categories -Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring) – with top three cities being recognized in each.
- In a departure from the present criteria of evaluating cities on population category, this new category will categorize cities on the basis of six select indicator-wise performance criteria. These are segregation of waste into Wet, Dry and Hazardous categories, processing capacity against wet waste generated, processing and recycling of wet and dry waste, construction and demolition waste processing, percentage of waste going to landfills and sanitation status of cities. The Minister also touched upon how Swachh Survekhan has become a tool for citizen engagement in the spirit of a true Jan Andolan.
- The virtual event also saw the signing of the Engagement and Coordination Arrangement between the Ministry and the USTATED which is a continuation of the Memorandum of Understanding on co-operation in the field of WASH that was signed between Government of India and USTATED in 2015. It was followed by a webinar on ‘Segregation at Source: Key to Solid Waste Management’ which was attended by over 1,000 State and Urban Local Body officials and other stakeholders.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Uttar Pradesh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Germany to become first major economy to phase out coal, nuclear power
- German lawmakers have finalized the country’s long-awaited phase-out of coal as an energy source, backing a plan that environmental groups say isn’t ambitious enough and free marketers criticise as a waste of taxpayers’ money.
- Bills approved by both houses of parliament envision shutting down the last coal-fired power plant by 2038 and spending some 40 billion euros ($45 billion) to help affected regions cope with the transition.
- The plan is part of Germany’s ‘energy transition’ – an effort to wean Europe’s biggest economy off planet-warming fossil fuels and generate all of the country’s considerable energy needs from renewable sources. Achieving that goal is made harder than in comparable countries such as France and Britain because of Germany’s existing commitment to also phase out nuclear power by the end of 2022.
- Germany, the country that burns the greatest amount of lignite coal worldwide, will burden the next generation with 18 more years of carbon dioxide, Greenpeace Germany’s executive director Martin Kaiser told The Associated Press.
- Kaiser, who was part of a government-appointed expert commission, accused Chancellor Angela Merkel of making a historic mistake, saying an end date for coal of 2030 would have sent a strong signal for European and global climate policy. Merkel has stated she wants Europe to be the first continent to end its greenhouse gas emissions, by 2050.
- Germany closed its last black coal mine in 2018, but it continues to import the fuel and extract its own reserves of lignite, a brownish coal that is abundant in the west and east of the country.
- Schulze, the environment minister, stated there would be regular government reviews to examine whether the end date for coal can be brought forward. She noted that by the end of 2022, eight of the country’s most polluting coal-fired plants will have already been closed.
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
PFS secures Rs.300-cr term loan from SBI to fund biz plans
- PTC India Financial Services Ltd (PFS) has secured a300 crore term loan from State Bank of India, to meet its business growth needs.
- The money will be utilised for further strengthening of the cash flow of the company and for onward funding to sustainable infrastructure finance projects.
- SBI has sanctioned us a term loan – working capital augmentation (TLWC) of 300 crore with a door-to-door tenor of three years, including a moratorium of six months, with sub-limit of Rs.300 crore as investment limit for investment in commercial papers/non-convertible debentures/bonds within the overall TLWC limit.
- SBI has already given credit lines of1,400 crore to the company and now with current sanction their exposure will increase to Rs.1,700 crore and it will further diversify company’s sources of borrowings.
- PFS proposes to have further alternate sources of financing like ECB, commercial paper, bonds, etc for which advance progress has already been made.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited launches Video KYC Account
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited ,the largest small finance bank in India in terms of number of banking outlets as of March 31, 2019 becomes one of the leading banks in the country to launch video KYC account.
- This is a web application designed to conduct a remote verification process through a video call. The video call has to be triggered from the Relationship Executive’s domain and the recording for the video call will be stored as well. The customer has to submit their Aadhaar and pan details on the video call for bank to verify.
- The Bank has revamped its mobile bank app to deliver most of the services over the app itself. Further work is on to roll in remaining services also over the app.
- With this, any person anywhere in the country can open a savings account with Equitas Small Finance Bank, complete the full KYC through video with the Bank employee and start enjoying the benefit of high quality Do It Yourself (DIY) service as well as the better interest rates offered by Equitas on its Savings Account balances.
About Equitas SFB
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Shri Arun Ramanathan (Part-time Chairman) Mr. Vasudevan P N (MD & CEO)
- Founded: 2007
Irdai committee to examine Surety Bonds for road contracts
- Insurance regulator Irdai has formed a panel under G Srinivasan, director, National Insurance Academy, to assess the suitability of the Indian insurance industry or any other sector to offer Surety Bonds for road contracts in the country.
- Currently, Surety Bond for contractors is not being offered by insurance companies in the market to guarantee satisfactory completion of a project by a contractor and provide performance security to various government agencies.
- Some other members of the panel are: Hitesh Kotak, CEO, Munich Re, India; Shankar Garigiparthy, CEO, Lloyd’s India; Neelesh Garg, CEO, Tata AIG General Insurance; Roopam Asthana, CEO, Liberty General Insurance and SN Jayasimhan, general manager, Investment Department, Irdai.
About Surety Bond
- Surety Bond is a three-party agreement that legally binds together a principal who needs the bond, an obligee who requires the bond and a surety company that sells the bond. Surety bonds provide financial guarantee that contracts will be completed according to pre-defined and mutual terms. When a principal breaks a bond’s terms, the harmed party can make a claim on the bond to recover losses.
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Public, Private Sectors banks sanctioned loans worth over Rs 1.10 lakh cr under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- Public and Private Sectors banks have sanctioned loans worth over one lakh ten thousand crore rupees so far under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme.
- Out of which, more than 52 thousand 200 crore rupees have already been disbursed. The scheme was launched by the government to provide relief to the MSME sector by incentivizing member lending institutions to provide additional credit of up to three lakh crore at low interest to enable MSMEs to meet their operational requirements during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Finance Ministry stated, the interventions by government for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs, have been gaining rapid traction. The top lenders under the Scheme are SBI, HDFC Bank, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank and Canara Bank.
- The Ministry stated, this has helped nearly 35 lakh MSMEs and other enterprises restart their businesses post the lockdown.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Delhi government launches Paudhe lagao, Paryavaran Bachao
- The campaign Paudhe lagao, Paryavaran Bachao is launched with an aim to reduce air pollution by increasing green cover in the national capital Delhi.
- It has been planned that during the campaign, in 17 days, 31 lakh of tree saplings will be planted under the campaign.
- The campaign will be launched near ITO on National Highway 20 (NH 20).
- Out of the 31 lakh saplings, 20 lakh saplings will be of big trees and the remaining 11 lakh saplings will be of shrubs that will be planted on both sides of the road.
About New Delhi
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Odisha Launches ‘Balaram’ Yojana To Provide Crop Loan To Landless Farmers
- The Odisha government launched ‘Balaram Yojana’ to provide crop loans to landless farmers. Under the new scheme the landless cultivators will get loans through joint liability groups (JLGs).
- Under the ‘Balaram’ scheme, the government has set a target to provide farm loans to 7 lakh landless farmers in next two years. It has set aside Rs 1,040 crore for the purpose.
- IMAGE and Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA) will coordinate the implementation of the yojana at the State and the district levels, respectively.
- In rural and small towns, around 7,000 branches of several banks and Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies will coordinate the implementation.
- These branches have been directed to provide loans to at least 10 JLGs this year, which means 70,000 groups will get farm loan under the new yojana.
- Each JLG will get a maximum of Rs 1.60 lakh loan.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
TN CM orders Rs 3,000 stipend for junior lawyers
- Tamil Nadu chief minister K Palaniswami announced a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000 to newly enrolled junior lawyers for two years to help them overcome financial difficulties in pursuit of their profession.
- The announcement fulfills a long pending demand of the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- M G Ramachandran first launched a welfare initiative for the advocates as far back as in 1987, providing financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the families of lawyers in the event of their death. In 2012, Amma (late CM J Jayalalithaa) enhanced the sum to Rs 5.25 lakhs. On January 30, 2018, Current CM had ordered increasing the sum further to Rs 7 lakh.
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Himachal Pradesh to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2022
- Union Jal Shakti minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat discussed the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Himachal Pradesh with Chief Minister Jairam Thakur through video conferencing.
- Drinking water supply is a service delivery, wherein the quantity, quality of water supplied and periodicity of water supply has to be ensured for which Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) is under implementation.
- The objective of the Mission is universal coverage and emphasis is on the principle of ‘equity and inclusiveness’ i.e. every family in the village gets tap water connection in their household and none is left behind.
- Himachal Pradesh is planning 100% coverage by August 2022, ahead of national goal by 2024.
- By doing so, Himachal Pradesh will be one of the leading states to accomplish the ambitious target of providing tap connection to each rural household. In this context, the central Minister had a discussion with the State CM and the CM assured of faster execution of rural drinking water supply works in the State so as to achieve the target in time-bound manner.
- All villages have to prepare aVillage Action Plan (VAP) which essentially will comprise of the development augmentation of drinking water sources, water supply, grey-water management and operation and maintenance component.
- Since Himachal Pradesh has been allocated 429 Crore under 15th Finance Commission Grants to PRIs and 50% of it is to be used for water supply and sanitation, Central minister requested the CM to plan for utilizing this fund for rural water supply, grey-water treatment and reuse and most importantly for ensuring long-term operation and maintenance of water supply schemes.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: ShimlaDharamshala
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NLC India, CIL sign pact to form JV to develop 5,000 MW solar, thermal power assets
- NLC India stated it has signed a pact with state-owned CIL to form a joint venture (JV) to develop 5,000 megawatts of solar and thermal power assets across the country.
- The equity participation in the proposed JV between Coal India Ltd (CIL) and NLC India will be in the ratio of 50:50, NLC India stated in a regulatory filing.
- This JV company marks a new era in the power sector with the synergy and expertise of two central public sector undertakings under the Ministry of Coal, the company stated.
About NLC India
- Headquarters: Neyveli, Tamil Nadu, India
About Coal India
- CEO: Anil Kumar Jha
- Headquarters: Kolkata
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
SP Kochhar appointed DG of Cellular Operators Association of India
- Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has appointed SP Kochhar as its new Director General (DG), after Rajan Mathews quitting the position, after a decade of service.
- Ajai Puri, Chief Operating Officer (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel, will now hold the position of Chairman while Pramod Kumar Mittal, President, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, will be the Vice Chairman of the Association.
- Chairperson: Ravinder Takkar
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Jean Castex named French PM after Edouard Philippe resignation
- French President Emmanuel Macron has named Jean Castex, as the country’s new prime minister.
- Castex replaces Edouard Philippe, who resigned as the country’s prime minister
- Castex is a career public servant who has worked with multiple governments.
- Capital: Paris
- Currencies: Euro
NHAI chairman Sukhbir Singh Sandhu gets six months extension
- Senior bureaucrat Sukhbir Singh Sandhu was given a six months extension, till mid January next year, as the chairman of National Highways Authority of India.
- Sandhu took charge of the post in October last year.
- Founded: 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Delhi Girl Freya Thakral Receives Prestigious Diana Award for Positive Contribution to Society
- Thirteen-year-old Freya Thakral, a student from The British School, New Delhi, has been bestowed with the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action or humanitarian efforts – The Diana Award. She has been added to the roll of honours on Princess Diana’s birthday – July 1, 2020.
- Freya developed an App – Recycler, and door-to-door recycling business with the aim to transform the lives of Delhi’s rubbish-picking community, contributing towards the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals of reducing poverty, building innovation and infrastructure and encouraging responsible consumption and climate action.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
UoH-based start-up develops physical distancing monitoring tool
- A start-up firm based at the University of Hyderabad (UoH) has developed a tool for monitoring social distancing in a location with large footfalls.
- MAVEN LABS, a start-up firm based at the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at the UoH, has come up with the tool – SudRz (Sanskrit, meaning – keen-sighted).
- The tool (a software) has been developed under Project METIS (Medical Engineering Technology Industrial Strategy).
- The tool analyses real-time video streaming from cameras- eg CCTV – and identifies physical distancing violations using Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm between all pairs of individuals.
- IP-enabled cameras are sufficient to implement the system. The tool has an added built-in feature for Facial Recognition using AI.
- This application is likely to be a one-stop solution for the existing network of CCTV cameras placed at any locations like malls, airports, railway, bus stations, schools, colleges and corporate offices, which can be customized as per industry needs.
Phobos, the closest and biggest moon of Mars, imaged by MOM: ISRO
- Mars Colour Camera (MCC) onboard Mars Orbiter Mission has imaged Phobos, the closest and biggest moon of Mars, on 1st July when MOM was about 7200 km from Mars and at 4200 km from Phobos.
- Spatial resolution of the image is 210 m. This is a composite image generated from 6 MCC frames and has been color corrected.
- Phobos is largely believed to be made up of carbonaceous chondrites. The violent phase that Phobos has encountered is seen in the large section gouged out from a past collision (Stickney crater) and bouncing ejecta. Stickney, the largest crater on Phobos along with the other craters (Shklovsky, Roche & Grildrig) are also seen in this image.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Badminton: Lin Dan retired at 36
- Two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan announced his retirement aged 36.
- It means that Lin, who won gold at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games, will not compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which have been pushed back to next year because of coronavirus.
- The end of Lin’s glorious career comes just over a year after the retirement of his great rival and friend, the Malaysian star Lee Chong Wei.
- The duo reigned over badminton for more than a decade and have only relinquished that hold in recent years as their powers waned.
- As well as the Olympic golds, Lin was also a five-time world champion and long-time world number one. He earned the nickname “Super Dan” at the peak of his career.
- Lin always stated he was determined to reach the Tokyo Olympics, but his ranking of 19 in the world and the postponement of the Games made that dream unlikely.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former beauty queen Ibidunni Ighodalo passed away due to cardiac arrest
- Former beauty queen Ibidunni Ighodalo, passed away at the age of 39.
- Ibidunni who was a businesswoman and philanthropist was reputed for her non-governmental organization.
- At the age of 18 she was crowned Miss Lux beauty pageant.
Veteran journalist Bishnu Prasad Kumar passes away
- Veteran journalist Bishnu Prasad Kumar, who had covered the Bangladesh Liberation War and the turbulent Naxalite movement in the 70s, passed away.
- Kumar had also been associated with the PTI, Economic Times and the All India Radio at various times. He was a founder member of the Durgapur Press Club.
DAILY CA 3rd JUL
- Private Train Operations Likely To Begin By April 2023
- Govt clears Defence acquisition worth Rs 38,900 Cr
- Drug Discovery Hackathon jointly launched by Union Ministers Dr Harsh Vardhan and Ramesh Pokhriyal
- World Bank approves US $500 mn budgetary support for Pak to tackle Covid-19
- ICICI Bank launches instant loan facility against mutual funds
- Kotak Mahindra Bank, Innoviti tie up to offer EMIs
- Carlyle Group to acquire 25% stake in Airtel’s data centre biz for $235 mn
- Fitch slashes India’s growth projection from 9.5% to 8% for FY22
- India’s GDP may contract by 6.4% in FY21: Care Ratings
- SERB launches ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ scheme to strengthen scientific research mechanism
- Intel Capital to invest Rs 1,894 cr in Jio Platforms
- Karnataka govt launches portal to connect job seekers and employers
- Prof Sanjay Dwivedi appointed Director General of IIMC
- Karnam Sekar retires as Indian Overseas Bank MD & CEO
- 2 Agricultural experts from India named by UN chief to scientific group for 2021 food summit
- Shashank Manohar steps down as ICC chairman, Imran Khwaja to take interim charge
- Axis Bank appoints LIC MD Suseel Kumar on board as non-executive member
- RIL only Indian company on global list of 100 firms that prospered during the pandemic
- IIT-Roorkee researchers develop sterilizing system for personal belongings
- IIT Kanpur develops virtual classroom system ‘Mobile Masterjee’
- ICMR aims to launch indigenous Covid-19 vaccine by August 15
- Surviving core of Jupiter-like planet spotted near distant star: Research
- Australian scientists discover ancient underwater Aboriginal sites
- India and Japan conduct naval exercise amid tensions with China
- Veteran IIC librarian, poet and author Kaul passes away at 79
- Former executive director of NID Professor Vikas Satwalekar passes away
- Award-winning Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan dies at 72 in Mumbai
DAILY CA 4th JUL
- World Sports Journalists Day- 2nd july
- Independence Day USA- 4th july
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announces a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021
- Govt sanctions Rs 4,000 cr under Atmanirbhar programme to improve infrastructure for Food Parks in K’taka
- AIR to broadcast its first-ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit
- India to add 60 GW renewable energy capacity in 5 yrs
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister launches toolkit for Swachh Survekshan 2021
- Germany to become first major economy to phase out coal, nuclear power
- PFS secures Rs.300-cr term loan from SBI to fund biz plans
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited launches Video KYC Account
- Irdai committee to examine Surety Bonds for road contracts
- Public, Private Sectors banks sanctioned loans worth over Rs 1.10 lakh cr under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- Delhi government launches Paudhe lagao, Paryavaran Bachao
- Odisha Launches ‘Balaram’ Yojana To Provide Crop Loan To Landless Farmers
- TN CM orders Rs 3,000 stipend for junior lawyers
- Himachal Pradesh to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2022
- NLC India, CIL sign pact to form JV to develop 5,000 MW solar, thermal power assets
- SP Kochhar appointed DG of Cellular Operators Association of India
- Jean Castex named French PM after Edouard Philippe resignation
- NHAI chairman Sukhbir Singh Sandhu gets six months extension
- Emmanuel Macron names Jean Castex as new French PM
- Delhi Girl Freya Thakral Receives Prestigious Diana Award for Positive Contribution to Society
- UoH-based start-up develops physical distancing monitoring tool
- Phobos, the closest and biggest moon of Mars, imaged by MOM: ISRO
- Badminton: Lin Dan retires at 36
- Former beauty queen Ibidunni Ighodalo passed away due to cardiac arrest
- Veteran journalist Bishnu Prasad Kumar passes away