Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Engineer’s Day
- Nation celebrates Engineer’s Day on September 15 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the greatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
- M Visvesvaraya was born on September 15, 1861, in the Muddenahalli village, Karnataka.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi addresses the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing, where 75 Lakh Families were delivered pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Grameen (PMAY-G).
- The work of 18 lakh houses has been completed throughout the country under the Prime Minister Awas Yojana-Gramin and among that 1.75 lakh houses completed in Madhya Pradesh itself.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022.
- Launch year: 2015
PM Modi inaugurates 3 petroleum projects worth Rs 900cr in Bihar
- Bihar is set to receive three key petroleum projects ahead of the Legislative Assembly polls, scheduled in October 2020.
- Modi devoted to the nation three petroleum sector initiatives value about Rs 900 crore through video conferencing.
- These projects that will help meet the demand for domestic cooking gas in the state include state-run Indian Oil Corporation’s 193-km long Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) pipeline that will supply cooking gas for bottling at the new Banka plant in the state.
- Apart from the pipeline and the bottling plant at Banka, PM Modi also dedicated state-run Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd’ LPG bottling plant at Harsidhi in East Champaran district through video conferencing.
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh lays foundation stone online of Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex
- The Union Minister of State, Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh laid foundation stone for the construction of Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex at Hiranagar, Jammu in presence of Unions Sports Minister Kiren Rejiju, Lt. Governor of J&K, Manoj Sinha and the wife and daughter of late Arun Jaitley.
- Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex at Hiranagar would be first of its kind in the Northern Region, will be among the best sports complexes’ all over India and will fulfill the much cherished dream of having a multipurpose sports complex in Jammu.
- The mega-sports complex — to be spread over 270 kanals of land at Hiranagar in Jammu region at an estimated cost of 58.23 crore — is being undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package (PMDP).
- The Sports Minister informed that a world class ‘Winter Sports Academy’ will be built in Gulmarg and other long pending sports projects in the UT will be taken care of and will be completed in due course.
MoRTH moves ahead with Orientation and Training Programme of iRAD App
- The 2-days Orientation and Training programme on iRAD App was conducted by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways on 7th & 8th September 2020 for the selected districts of Karnataka, and on 10th & 11th September 2020 for some districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Based on the feedback and other suggestions received, the App will be customised for the State.
- The basic iRAD app has been developed and will be customized/integrated as per the requirements of concerned States/UTs.
- Mobile app of iRAD is available for Android platform, and for other platforms like iOS will be available shortly.
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways is in the process of implementing ‘Integrated Road Accident Database Project (iRAD)’ which will be applicable across the country.
- The development and implementation of iRAD has been entrusted to lIT Madras and National Informatics Centre Services Inc.
- This project is proposed on IT based system for capturing the spot accident data using mobile app configured for this purpose.
- This data can then be utilized for various purposes like finding the causes of the accidents and remedial measures to improve the road infrastructure, to record the accidents data for the use of police, health services and other concerned departments.
- Minister of Road Transport & Highways: Nithin Gadkari
- Constituency: Nagpur, Maharashtra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India beats China to become member of UN’s Commission on Status of Women
- India has been elected as the member of the Commission on Status of Women (CSW), a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- India will be a member of the prestigious body for four years from 2021 to 2025.
- India, Afghanistan and China had contested the elections to the Commission on Status of Women. While India and Afghanistan won the ballot among the 54 members, China failed to cross the half-way mark.
- The CSW is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- A functional commission of the ECOSOC, it was established by ECOSOC resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.
- It promotes women’s rights, highlights the reality of women’s lives throughout the world and helps in shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- 45 member states of the United Nations serve as members of the Commission at any one time.
About Commission on the Status of Women:
- Formation: 21 June 1946
- Headquarters: New York, USA
World’s first sovereign bond linked to UN goals hits market
- The bond, from Mexico, reflects a trend of fund-raising to tackle social and environmental issues
- Mexico issued what it described as the world’s first sovereign bond linked to the sustainability development goals set by the United Nations, raising 750 million euros ($73 million).
- Deputy Finance Minister Gabriel Yorio stated reducing inequality, financial inclusion and the gender gap were among the UN goals.
- The government did not specify how it would spend the money raised. The bond’s preliminary investment prospectus cautioned that there was no guarantee Mexico would make disbursements for projects that meet the UN characteristics.
- The bond is part of an emerging trend of debt issuance aimed at raising funds that attempt to tackle social, environmental and other issues. It was more than six times oversubscribed.
About United Nations:
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- President: Andrés Manuel López Obrador
- Capital: Mexico City
- Currency: Peso (MXN)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SBI General Insurance, YES Bank ink corporate agency agreement
- SBI General Insurance and YES Bank have signed a corporate agency agreement for the distribution of the general insurer’s retail products to customers of the private sector lender.
- “SBI General has been doing meaningful associations with banks, payments apps, e-commerce players, brokers to strengthen its distribution footprint across the country,” it stated, adding that the partnership will be committed to offering customers a broad range of non-life insurance products and services and deploying technology across the customer value chain to facilitate superior experiences for them.
About SBI General Insurance Co Ltd:
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Prakash Chandra Kandpal
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Sebi issues clarification on asset allocation framework for multi-cap MFs
- Regulator Sebi stated that mutual funds have many options to meet with the requirements of its circular pertaining to asset allocation framework for multi cap schemes based on the preference of their unit holders.
- The markets watchdog clarified that apart from rebalancing their portfolio in the Multi Cap schemes, mutual funds (MF) could inter-alia facilitate switch to other schemes by unit holders, merge their Multi Cap scheme with Large Cap scheme or convert their Multi Cap scheme to another scheme category, for instance, Large cum Mid Cap scheme.
- The clarification came after the regulator tweaked asset allocation framework for multi cap mutual funds through a circular issued, requiring them to invest a minimum of 25 per cent each in Large, Mid and Small Cap stocks, and giving flexibility to the fund manager with the balance 25 per cent.
- It is reiterated that to achieve the desired objective of True to Label and Appropriate Benchmarking, Sebi will examine proposals of the industry received in this regard, it added.
- Multi Cap schemes had flexibility in terms of allocation to Large, Mid and Small Cap stocks but it was observed that some Multi Cap Schemes have skewed portfolios, with over 80 per cent of investment in large cap stocks akin to Large Cap schemes, and some Multi Cap schemes have near zero or insignificant asset allocation to small cap companies.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
ADB to Provide Rs.4.66 Billion Loan to ENGIE for a 200 MW Solar Project in Gujarat
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and ENGIE have signed a long-term loan agreement worth 4.66 billion (~ $65.6 million) to develop and operate a 200 MW (AC) solar project in Gujarat.
- Electro Solaire Private Limited, a special purpose vehicle owned by ENGIE, will implement the project. The ADB will provide the whole debt required to develop the solar project with another international lender.
- Electro Solaire is expected to commission the 200 MW solar power project in the first half of 2021. The project is expected to generate 440 GWh of electricity while reducing 385,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
- The company stated the government of Gujarat has collaborated with ENGIE to develop the project through a power purchase agreement for 25 years.
- According to Mercom’s India Solar Project Tracker, ENGIE has 619 MW of large-scale solar projects in operation, and 200 MW of project is under development pipeline as of June 2020.
About Gujarat :
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Moody’s projects 11.5% contraction in India’s economic growth in FY21
- Ratings agency Moody’s projected 5% contraction in India’s economic growth in the current fiscal owing to corona virus pandemic, from (-) 4 per cent estimated earlier.
- “India’s credit profile increasingly constrained by low growth, high debt burden and a weak financial system,” stated Moody’s. However, Moody’s expects India’s economic growth to rebound to 6% in the next fiscal year (FY22) on strong base effect.
- Moody’s prognosis comes close on the heels of similar observations made by India Ratings, Fitch.
- India’s economy is expected to contract 10.5 per cent in the current fiscal before bouncing back in the next financial year, Fitch Ratings stated.
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) contracted by a massive 23.9 per cent in April-June and some agencies have predicted negative growth even during the July-September quarter of the current fiscal (April 2020 to March 2021).
About Moody’s Investors Service:
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
HCL Technologies partners with NVIDIA Partner Network
- HCL Technologies has joined NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN), the US-based technology company’s partner program, with plans to pursue expanded opportunities in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) space.
- HCL also announced the launch of ai, HCL’s AI Lab, focused on upskilling engineers and architects utilizing AI solutions across hardware and software technology stacks. This will enhance their capabilities to build AI-led solutions for multiple HCL clients across industry verticals.
- The HCL NEXT.ai lab focuses on emerging technologies to develop industry-specific AI solutions for customers pursuing digital transformation. Customers and partners can co-create proofs of concept and full-fledged, scalable and production-ready solutions in the lab.
- ai comes equipped with the latest technology products and infrastructure from its partner ecosystem. The areas of focus include computer vision, predictive modeling, failure analysis, optimization, product intelligence, data engineering, data management, and more.
About HCL Technologies:
- CEO: C Vijayakumar
- Headquarters: Noida
ADB sees India GDP shrinking 9 per cent in FY21
- ADB’s forecast in line with other global agencies; raises growth outlook for 2021-22 to 8%
- In line with global agencies, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) lowered GDP (Gross Domestic Product) forecast to negative 9 per cent for FY 2020-21. Earlier it has projected growth of 4 per cent during the fiscal.
- ADB’s forecast is similar to S&P but slightly better than Fitch which estimated contraction of 5 per cent.
- Inflation is expected to fall in the remainder of the current fiscal to 4.5 per cent with tamed food prices and decreased economic activity, and then further decline to 4 per cent fiscal.
- India’s current account deficit is forecast to shrink to 3 per cent of GDP this fiscal year, then widen to 0.6 per cent of GDP in FY 2021-22 with exports expected to recover as global growth rebounds, the report stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Telangana Assembly passes TS-bPASS Bill
- The Telangana State Building Permission Approval and Self Certification System (TS-bPASS) Bill, was passed in the Assembly enabling a self-certification system to make citizens responsible for compliance with building and layout permission rules
- According to the new law, for constructing building within 75 sq yards land just registering with the urban local body using TS-bPASS is enough. People constructing houses in 75- 600 sq yards can seek instant permission for constructions through self-certification under TS-bPASS and start construction work.
- Like TS-iPASS, under TS-bPASS, individual residential building permissions are given instantly online based on self certification.
- It is proposed to establish a State Level TS-bPASS Chasing Cell to ensure that all the proposals under Single Window System are disposed within the time frame of 21 days and will also coordinate with the line departments for adherence of timelines.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Madhya Pradesh: Central discom first to adopt e-office in India
- Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company (central discom) has become the first power distribution company in the country to adopt e-office system. It is effectively being run in corporate office, offices of regional chief general manager and circles. The company has been e-filing and doing correspondence through NIC e-office system from 27 July. The e-office system has been running for the last one-and-a-half months.
- More than a dozen IT applications are operational in central discom along with the e-office system. In the e-applications created by the company, all the consumers of HT and LT, agricultural consumers, non-domestic consumers and other categories are being provided new connections along with increase/decrease in load through online application.
- Similarly, many options of online bill payment have been made available to consumers, which are being used by about 7 to 8 lakh consumers. Many applications such as bill payment facility, UPAY app, maintenance app, self meter reading facility, enterprise resources planning have been implemented in the company through Common Service Centre in the villages.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge)
- Chief Minister:Shivraj Singh Chouhan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
France-based EDF Group, VJTI, I2EN ink MoU to establish Centre of Excellence in civil nuclear sector in Maharashtra
- France-based EDF Group has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute in Mumbai and International Institute of Nuclear Energy (I2EN) to conduct a pre-feasibility study for the establishment of a Centre of Excellence in the civil nuclear sector in Maharashtra.
- I2EN is the umbrella organization of French stakeholders involved in nuclear education and training.
- EDF, which is engaged in the development and construction of the biggest nuclear plant in the world, with six European Pressurised Reactors totalling close to 10,000 MW at Jaitapur, along with state-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, is aiming to develop a large pool of diversified skills in India to support the project.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Infosys to acquire Europe-based GuideVision for 30 million euros
- Infosys Ltd has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Europe-based GuideVision for up to €30 million (approximately $35 million) to augment its Cobalt portfolio of cloud services and further strengthen near-shore delivery presence in the European region.
- Infosys launched Cobalt, a set of services, solutions, and platforms to help its clients, mostly large enterprises, build new cloud-first capabilities.
- The acquisition of GuideVision is expected to close during the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- GuideVision’s acquisition is a significant step towards strengthening our Infosys Cobalt offerings portfolio, bringing the combination of services, solutions and platforms, which acts as a force multiplier for cloud-powered enterprise transformation.
- CEO: Salil Parekh
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Subhash Kamath elected ASCI Chairman
- Subhash Kamath, Chief Executive Officer at BBH & Publicis Worldwide, India, who was unanimously elected as ASCI’s new Chairman.
- Kamath, who was serving as ASCI vice-chairman, will replace Rohit Gupta, president, Sony Pictures Networks.
- NS Rajan, managing director at public relations firm Ketchum Sampark P. Ltd. was elected vice-chairman and Shashidhar Sinha, chief executive, Mediabrands India Pvt. Ltd was reappointed as honorary treasurer.
- Chairman: Subhash Kamath
- Head Quarters: Mumbai
Senior bureaucrat Rajesh Khullar appointed Executive Director, World Bank
- Senior bureaucrat Rajesh Khullar has been appointed as Executive Director, World Bank, Washington.
- Khullar, a 1988-batch IAS officer, is currently serving in his cadre state Haryana. He is the principal secretary to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- He will have a tenure of three years or till the date of his superannuation, i.e. August 31, 2023
Sameer Kumar Khare has been appointed Executive Director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila.
- He is currently the additional secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs.
- He has been appointed Executive Director of ADB for a tenure of three years.
About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
Yoshihide Suga to succeed Shinzo Abe as Japan’s prime minister
- Yoshihide Suga was elected as the new head of Japan’s ruling party, virtually guaranteeing him parliamentary election as the country’s next prime minister.
- He is currently the chief Cabinet secretary of Abe’s government.
- Suga received 377 votes in the ruling Liberal Democratic Party election to pick a successor to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who announced resignment due to health problems. The other two contenders received accombined 157 votes.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
Harivansh re-elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- NDA candidate Harivansh has been re-elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha. The upper house cleared his name with a voice vote.
- BJP President JP Nadda had moved the proposal to elect Harivansh as the deputy chairman and his motion was adopted. Later, Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu announced his name.
- Harivansh beat Manoj Kumar Jha of the RJD, who was the joint Opposition candidate, in a voice vote. This would be Harivansh’s second innings as the Deputy Chairman of the Upper House.
Sachin Tendulkar named brand ambassador of Paytm First Games
- Paytm First Games (PFG), a subsidiary of digital financial service platform Paytm, has roped in cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador.
- Tendulkar will promote PFG and generate excitement around all sports including kabaddi, football and basketball. The partnership would also help the company extend its reach to smaller cities and towns.
- By roping in Tendulkar as brand ambassador, PFG hopes to inspire gaming enthusiasts to experience the ‘fantasy sports’ phenomenon. The company has also set aside 300 crore for investing in fantasy sports and other online gaming events during this financial year.
- PFG intends to feature more than 200 live events — including international and domestic cricket tournaments and soccer leagues — on its platform.
Great Learning ropes in Virat Kohli as brand ambassador
- Great Learning, an ed-tech company for professional and higher education, has roped in Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli as a brand ambassador.
- Kohli, who topped a recent ranking of India’s most influential celebrities, will now be the face of the Great Learning brand. He will lead the brand’s latest ‘Power Ahead’ campaign, which underlines the importance of lifelong learning and showcases how high-quality learning at the right time can help professionals and students power ahead in their career, the company stated.
- Great Learning is launching a multi-film campaign with Kohli during the upcoming Dream 11 IPL, where the brand is an associate sponsor on Disney + Hotstar.
Facebook India appoints Arun Srinivas as Director of Global Business Group
- Facebook stated it has appointed Arun Srinivas as the Director of Global Business Group to lead the strategy and delivery of the India Marketing Solutions charter that is focussed on large advertisers and agencies.
- Srinivas’ appointment comes after a series of senior and leadership recruitments in recent months across marketing, partnerships, communications, and other key verticals as part of its expansion in India.
- As a part of his role, Srinivas will spearhead the company’s strategic relationship with the country’s leading brands, agencies, and partners to drive Facebook’s revenue growth in key channels in India, and partner the media and creative ecosystems for accelerating adoption of digital tools by businesses, the company stated.
Takeo Konishi is ADB’s new Country Director for India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has appointed Takeo Konishi as its new Country Director for India. Konishi succeeds Kenichi Yokoyama who has taken over as Director General of ADB’s South Asia Department and will be based at ADB’s headquarters in Manila.
- As head of the country office in New Delhi, Konishi will lead ADB’s operations and policy dialogue with the government and other development partners in India.
- He will oversee the implementation of ADB’s India Country Partnership Strategy, 2018-2022 that focuses on building industrial competitiveness to create more jobs, providing inclusive infrastructure networks and services, and addressing environmental and climate change concerns.
- India is currently ADB’s fourth-largest shareholder and has been its largest borrower since 2010. Since commencing its lending operations to India in 1986, ADB has committed 242 sovereign loans amounting to $44.1 billion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Aditya Puri conferred Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney Awards of Excellence 2020
- Aditya Puri, MD, HDFC Bank was conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney Awards of Excellence 2020.
- The publication has recognised the iconic leader for his skills in building a world-class Indian bank at a time where there were no similar institutions in existence.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IIM, Kozhikode based incubatee start-up launches wearable gadget for implementing social distancing norms
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode based incubatee start-up has come up with a unique user friendly wearable device that alarms proximity for helping implement social distancing norms.
- Known as the Veli Band, this wearable device has been developed by Qual5 India Pvt. Ltd, a startup co-founded by woman entrepreneur Kiranmayee.
- The start up was mentored and funded by IIMK’s business incubator and entrepreneurship development center.
- Veli Band helps implement social distancing and location and contact tracing which can help organizations comply with social distancing norms during the current pandemic situation.
- Veli Band momentarily vibrates, sounds buzzer, and flashes LED simultaneously to notify wearers that another band is within 3 feet.
- The device to be worn on the wrist can anonymously keep track of interactions with other devices and thus not only help in maintaining a safer workplace but also aid in tracking employee movements in real time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
‘My Life in Design’: Gauri Khan announces her debut book
- The coffee-table book, tentatively titled My Life In Design, will be released in 2021 under Penguin’s ‘Ebury Press’ imprint.
- Celebrated interior designer Gauri Khan will make her debut as an author with a book about her journey as a designer.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Tuscan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton claims 90th win after incredible race
- Lewis Hamilton took his 90th career victory by beating Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas in Tuscan Grand Prix.
- Red Bull’s Thai-British driver Alex Albon took a maiden podium in
- This was his 6th win of the season and 90th F1 win of his career.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passes away
- Former Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away due to post-Covid complications. He was 74.
- He recently resigned from the RJD Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD).
- He was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India and represented the Vaishali constituency of Bihar.
- Singh had served as the Union Minister for Rural Development in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s cabinet.
Former Chhattisgarh Minister Chanesh Ram Rathiya passes away of COVID-19
- Veteran Congress leader and former Chhattisgarh minister Chanesh Ram Rathiya passed away due to COVID-19. He was 78.
- Chanesh Rathiya, a prominent tribal leader from north Chhattisgarh, was elected as an MLA for the first time in 1977 from Dharamjaigarh constituency in the then undivided Madhya Pradesh. He subsequently won five more Assembly elections in a row from the same seat.
DAILY CA 12th , 13th & 14th SEP
- United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation- 12th sep
- World First Aid Day- second Saturday of sep
- Hindi Diwas being observed across the country- 14th sep
- Housing Ministry launches Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework 2.0
- Govt Sets up Empowered Group of Ministers Headed by Rajnath Singh to Oversee OFB’s Corporatisation
- Govt enhances scholarship for students of J&K under Pragati, Saksham Scholarship Schemes to Rs 50,000
- Bahrain will be fourth Arab country to recognize Israel
- Liberia declares rape a national emergency after spike in cases
- RBI issues guidelines for appointment of CCO in banks
- Mukesh Ambani’s RIL becomes first Indian firm to cross $200 billion M-cap
- Japan’ ORIX Corp. set to invest $980 million in Greenko Energy Holdings for 17% stake
- Jammu and Kashmir announces Rs 5 lakh annual health insurance for residents
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Launches First Of Its Kind Garima Scheme For Sanitation Workers
- India’s Largest Piggery Mission Launched In Meghalaya
- UP govt to constitute special force
- India’s first Coronavirus airport testing facility launched in Delhi
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh launches Smart Ration Card Scheme
- Gujarat declares its first heritage tourism policy
- IIT Roorkee inks MoU with OUAT for cooperation in agricultural research and education
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches Aero India 2021 website, show scheduled in February
- Citi names Jane Fraser as CEO, the first woman to lead a major US bank
- UNICEF appoints Ayushmann Khurrana as celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign
- Paresh Rawal Appointed As Next Chairman Of National School Of Drama
- S. Jaishankar co-chairs the ASEAN-India Ministerial Meeting
- Virtual meeting of G-20 Agriculture,Water Ministers held
- Chaitanya Tamhane bags Best Screenplay award for The Disciple at Venice Film Festival, loses Golden Lion to Nomadland
- India ranks to 105th spot from 79th in global economic freedom ranking
- Startup ranking: Gujarat, Andaman & Nicobar Islands are best performers
- Dominic Thiem first since 1949 to win US Open
- Naomi Osaka wins second US Open title after comeback win over Victoria Azarenka
- Social activist Swami Agnivesh passes away
DAILY CA 15th SEP
- National Engineer’s Day-15th sep
- PM Modi addresses the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh
- PM Modi inaugurates 3 petroleum projects worth Rs 900cr in Bihar
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh lays foundation stone online of Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex
- MoRTH moves ahead with Orientation and Training Programme of iRAD App
- India beats China to become member of UN’s Commission on Status of Women
- World’s first sovereign bond linked to UN goals hits market
- SBI General Insurance, YES Bank ink corporate agency agreement
- Sebi issues clarification on asset allocation framework for multi-cap MFs
- ADB to Provide Rs.4.66 Billion Loan to ENGIE for a 200 MW Solar Project in Gujarat
- Moody’s projects 11.5% contraction in India’s economic growth in FY21
- HCL Technologies partners with NVIDIA Partner Network
- ADB sees India GDP shrinking 9 per cent in FY21
- Telangana Assembly passes TS-bPASS Bill
- Madhya Pradesh: Central discom first to adopt e-office in India
- France-based EDF Group, VJTI, I2EN ink MoU to establish Centre of Excellence in civil nuclear sector in Maharashtra
- Infosys to acquire Europe-based GuideVision for 30 million euros
- Subhash Kamath elected ASCI Chairman
- Senior bureaucrat Rajesh Khullar appointed Executive Director, World Bank
- Yoshihide Suga to succeed Shinzo Abe as Japan’s prime minister
- Harivansh re-elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- Sachin Tendulkar named brand ambassador of Paytm First Games
- Great Learning ropes in Virat Kohli as brand ambassador
- Facebook India appoints Arun Srinivas as Director of Global Business Group
- Takeo Konishi is ADB’s new Country Director for India
- Aditya Puri conferred Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney Awards of Excellence 2020
- IIM, Kozhikode based incubatee start-up launches wearable gadget for implementing social distancing norms
- My Life in Design’: Gauri Khan announces her debut book
- Tuscan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton claims 90th win after incredible race
- Former Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passes away
- Former Chhattisgarh Minister Chanesh Ram Rathiya passes away of COVID-19