Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Pi Approximation Day
- Pi Approximation Day is observed on 22 July every year because of the value of Pi that is 22/7.
- Whereas Pi Day is celebrated on 14 March which is similar to the approximate value of 3.14 and also coincides with Albert Einstein’s birthday.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Employees’ Welfare Scheme Launched In Arun Jaitley’s Name In Rajya Sabha
- The Rajya Sabha secretariat has launched an Employees’ Welfare Scheme in the name of former Union finance minister Arun Jaitley, who was also the Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha.
- The scheme has been formulated and approved based on the decision of Sangeeta Jaitley, wife of the senior leader who passed away in August last year.
- “Shri Arun Jaitley Financial Assistance for Group C Employees” scheme seeks to benefit group “C” employees of the secretariat by awarding their children three scholarships for higher technical and professional education.
- The employees will be extended financial support in case of death and medical emergency.
About Rajya Sabha
- Chairperson: M. Venkaiah Naidu
- Deputy Leader of the House: Piyush Goyal, BJP
- Deputy Chairman: Harivansh Narayan Singh, JDU
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India, Maldives sign agreement for establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male
- India and Maldives have signed an agreement for establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in capital Male.
- It is one of the several small and medium projects that are being financed by India under a grant assistance of around 20 million US dollars for the neighboring country.
- The emergency medical service unit will enhance timely access to quality emergency care.
- It will increase collaboration between healthcare facilities and disaster response agencies, especially during critical times of need.
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
EU approves biggest green stimulus in history with $572-billion plan
- The plan is part of Europe’s bid to become the world’s first climate-neutral continent by 2050
- European governments approved the most ambitious climate change plan to date, agreeing to pour more than €500 billion ($572 billion) into everything from electric cars to renewable energy and agriculture.
- At a marathon five-day summit in Brussels, heads of government reached a deal on an unprecedented economic rescue plan and seven-year budget for the region worth €1.8 trillion ($2 trillion). Almost a third of that is earmarked for climate action, offering the bloc’s 27 nations a chance to develop clean energy resources, stimulate the market for emissions-free cars, invest in budding technologies, and promote energy efficiency.
- The plan is part of Europe’s bid to become the world’s first climate-neutral continent by 2050, putting it ahead of other major emitters such as the US, China, and India in the global fight against unstoppable temperature rise. The proportion of the European package earmarked for climate projects illustrates that contrast dramatically.
- Only $54 billion of the trillions of dollars of recovery funds pledged globally will be channelled into green policies, while $697 billion has been allocated for carbon-intensive sectors such as air travel and fossil fuel extraction, according to a Bloomberg NEF report released prior to the EUs stimulus deal.
- Germany’s recovery plans are among the greenest so far, with about a third of the €130 billion ($145 billion) recovery budget going into areas such as public transport and development of green hydrogen.
- The UK’s plan has fallen short of previous climate-related promises and is far behind its European neighbours. The country has so far announced £5.4 billion ($6.8 billion) in measures such as boosting green homes and supporting carbon capture technology.
- China will invest 10 billion yuan ($1.4 billion) in electric vehicle chargers and will support new renewable energy plants, though it has also cleared the way for new coal projects.
About European Union:
- President of the Commission: Ursula von der Leyen
- Capital: Brussels
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Banks sanction over Rs 1.27 lakh cr loans under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- There is an increase of over 4,237 crore rupees in the cumulative amount of loans sanctioned and over 9,301 crore rupees in the cumulative amount of loans disbursed by both public and private sector banks till now as compared to 15th of July.
- As of 20th of July, the total amount sanctioned under the 100 percent Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) by the banks stands at over 1.27 lakh crore, of which over 77,613 crore rupees have already been disbursed.
- Finance Ministry stated under the 100 percent ECLGS, the loan amounts sanctioned by Public Sector Banks increased to over 70,894 crore rupees of which over 45,797 crore rupees have been disbursed.
About Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS):
- Emergency credit line guarantee scheme (ECLGS) or Guaranteed emergency credit line scheme (GECL) is a part of COVID Loan by the Government of India for MSME units in the current scenario of COVID 19. This is a pre approved loan of Rs Three Lakh Crore designed for the revival of MSME units.
LIC-UBI announce corporate agency pact
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and Union Bank of India, after its amalgamation with Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank, have announced a corporate agency agreement to distribute LIC policies.
- Union Bank of India can act as a financial supermarket by offering a basket of products to its account holders, whereby they can select products according to their choice, stated K Kadiresan, Zonal Manager, LIC of India, in a statement.
- The bank will market LIC products of term insurance, pension, plan, children plan, ULIPs, and endowment schemes.
- It is a very good opportunity for the bank to serve the needy customers, which will benefit by taking LIC products as those policies are having a sovereign guarantee. With an array of different products and superior customer service, the tie-up with LIC of India will be a successful association, stated MH Padmanabhan, Field General Manager, Union Bank of India.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- M R Kumar (chairman)
About Union Bank Of India:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajkiran Rai G.
Bank of Baroda rolls out ‘Insta Click Savings Account’
- The self-assisted online savings account can be activated in real-time and offers customers a wide range of digital channels
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) stated it has launched ‘Insta Click Savings Account’, a 100 percent paperless digital self-assisted online savings account.
- India’s third-largest public sector bank, stated the Insta Click Savings Account uses a new form of digital KYC (know-your-customer) and Aadhaar-based OTP (one-time personal identification number) authentication of the customer, which can be operated from the bank’s website, through mobile phone, IPad, laptop, and PC.
- The account is activated in real-time, which means the customer can start transacting, using the Baroda M Connect Plus application with the MPIN received on the mobile number, immediately, it added.
- The product also offers customers the option to subscribe to a wide range of digital channels like mobile banking, Internet banking, UPI (unified payments interface), and debit card.
- Sanjiv Chadha, MD and CEO, Bank of Baroda, stated, “We are working on digitisation of all our process and intend to be 100 per cent paperless by 2023.
- The only way to ensure our customers can have a safe and secure banking experience without having the need to step out of their homes is with adoption of digital products and services.
About Bank Of Baroda:
- Headquarters:Vadodara, Gujarat
- Chairman: Hasmukh Adhia
- MD & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Ola rolls out enterprise solution ‘Ola Corporate’ to global customers
- India-based mobility platform Ola is rolling out its enterprise mobility solution ‘Ola Corporate’ across global markets.
- It will be rolling out the enterprise offering to customers across Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
- The solution had first been introduced in the Indian market and had garnered 10,000 corporate users in the country.
- Ola Corporate will also offer a range of safety features under its Ride Safe initiative and will follow in-class hygiene and sanitisation protocols for safer mobility amid the pandemic.
- CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru
FCC, NPCI to host world’s largest virtual fintech event
- The Fintech Convergence Council (FCC), the fintech committee of Internet and Mobile Association of India, in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Payments Council of India, will be hosting a virtual fintech event
- Called Global Fintech Fest, the event will bring together fintech and BFSI ecosystems from across the globe on a single platform.
- The two-day event themed ‘Fintech: With and Beyond Covid’ will be held on July 22-23 with over over 100 speakers. It will have more than 10,000 participants from 50 countries.
- The keynote speakers for GFF include Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog; Nandan Nilekani, Co-founder and Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, Infosys; Uday Kotak, Managing Director and CEO, Kotak Mahindra Bank; V Vaidyanathan, MD and CEO, IDFC First Bank; and Alderman William Russell, The Rt Hon Lord Mayor, City of London.
- Chief executives from major fintech companies, including PhonePe, Navi and PayPal, will also share their insights at the event.
- The event is centred around the role of BFSI and fintech sector in the post-pandemic world. Subjects for discussion at the event will include digital payments, digital lending, digital insurance, data management, financial inclusion, digital transformation and blockchain.
- Headquarters:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Biswamohan Mahapatra: Non-Exe Chairman
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
Shikhar Dhawan signs marketing and management agreement with IMG Reliance
- Ace cricketer Shikhar Dhawan has signed an exclusive worldwide marketing and management agreement with IMG Reliance, which specialises in talent management, sports sponsorship and marketing.
- Since the launch of the Talent Management division in 2016, IMG Reliance has been associated with cricketers Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya and Shreyas Iyer.
- In a statement, Nikhil Bardia, Head-Talent & Sponsorship, IMG Reliance, stated, Shikhar possesses enormous talent and character, a unique combination that along with cricket will help us build a brand. It is our absolute delight to be representing a talent like Shikhar who ranks amongst the best cricketers India has produced.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
NTPC’s 1,600 MW Lara Power Project in Chhattisgarh fully operational
- NTPC ‘s 1,600 MW Lara super thermal power station in Chhattisgarh has been fully operational after 800 MW Unit-2 of the project was made fully functional.
- Earlier in September, the 800 MW Unit-1 of the project was made commercially operational.
- 800 MW, Unit-2 of Lara Super Thermal Power Project, has been added to Installed Capacity of the NTPC on successful completion of trial operation. With this, the total installed capacity of NTPC and NTPC group has become 51,155 MW and 62,910 MW respectively.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capitals: Raipur
Tamil Nadu govt launches web portal for unorganised sector workers
- Tamil Nadu Government has announced that the unorganized sector workers can now join the state-run welfare boards through a dedicated web portal. As there are travel restrictions due to the prevailing pandemic, the move is expected to help thousands of the workers.
- The Tamil Nadu Government is running seventeen different welfare boards for the unorganised sector workers. The boards are offering educational scholarships, marriage assistance and skill training to the wards of the members, health facilities and insurance.
- During the prevailing pandemic situation, those who want to get membership and to apply for benefits find it difficult due to the travel restrictions. Keeping this in mind, the government has formed a secured web portal ‘tn.gov.in’ through which the services could be availed easily.
About Tamil Nadu :
- Capital : chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
AP, AMUL sign up to help self-help groups, boost milk cooperatives
- Andhra Pradesh Government has signed an MoU with the milk cooperative giant AMUL (Anand Milk Union Limited) to provide fillip to the empowerment of women self-help groups and by encouraging the milk cooperatives in government sector.
- Terming Andhra Pradesh as the gateway to the South, State Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, stated, AMUL will help the women groups and give dairy farming in cooperative sector an opportunity and exposure to world class infrastructure, technology and marketing opportunities which would improve their standard of living and in self-reliance of women.
- The MoU was signed by Special Chief Secretary Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development Poonam Malkondaiah and AMUL Chennai Zonal Head Rajan on behalf of AMUL.
- The Chief Minister stated that IRMA (Institute of Rural Management) should be started in the State and Pulivendula has all the facilities that can host the unit for research and training, he stated.
- Sodi stated the State has been producing 4 crore litres of milk per day and appreciated the State Government initiatives towards women self-reliance. The MoU will be mutually beneficial.
- Though the State stands fourth in milk production, only 24 per cent was going to the organised sector. The partnership with AMUL is seen to help farmers and SHGs get good price.
- Under YSR Cheyutha and YSR Aasara, the State is providing 90 lakh women SHGs Rs.11,000 crore per year.
- The State sees itself as a gateway to the South with Ananthapur, Chittoor, Visakhapatnam being closer to the neighbouring States and Telangana being close, it has the potential of being a marketing hub.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Legislative Capital: Amaravati, Executive Capital: Vishakhapatnam, Judicial Capital: Kurnool
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: Jagan Mohan Reddy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
CBDT, CBIC sign MoU for data exchange
- A MoU was signed between Central Board of Direct Taxes, CBDT and the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, CBIC for data exchange between the two organizations.
- This MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between CBDT and CBIC on an automatic and regular basis. In addition to regular exchange of data, CBDT and CBIC will also exchange with each other, on request and spontaneous basis, any information available in their respective databases which may have utility for the other organization.
- The MoU comes into force and is an ongoing initiative of CBDT and CBIC, who are already collaborating through various existing mechanisms.
- The MoU was signed by CBDT Chairman Pramod Chandra Mody and CBIC Chairman M. Ajit Kumar, in the presence of senior officers from both the organizations.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT):
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairperson- Pramod Chandra Mody
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC):
- Headquarter- New Delhi
- Chairman- M. Ajit Kumar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sumit Deb appointed CMD of National Mineral Development Corporation
- Sumit Deb has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC).
- Deb, at present Director (Personnel) in the NMDC, will have tenure till February 28, 2023.
- He succeeds N Baijendra Kumar who superannuates this month-end.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
Rahul Bajaj steps down as chairman of Bajaj Finance
- Business tycoon Rahul Bajaj will step down as chairman of Bajaj Finance Ltd on 31 July after 33 years at the helm and hand over the reins to his son Sanjiv Bajaj as part of succession planning at the non-banking financial company.
- The company stated Bajaj, 82, will continue to serve as a non-executive, non-independent director.
- In his place, the board approved the appointment of Sanjiv Bajaj, vice chairman of the company, as non-executive chairman with effect from 1 August.
- Sanjiv Bajaj chairs the board of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. He is also the managing director of Bajaj Holdings and Investment.
- In terms of provision of Regulation 30 of the Sebi (listing obligations and disclosure requirements) Regulations, 2015, as amended, this is to inform you that, Shri Rahul Bajaj, non-executive chairman of the company, having been at the helm of the company since its inception in 1987, and the group for over five decades, as part of succession planning, has decided to demit the office as chairman of the board with effect from close of business hours on 3l July 2020. He would, however, continue to serve the company as a non-executive, non-independent director, the notice stated.
About Bajaj Finserv Ltd:
- Headquarters: Pune
- CEO: Sanjiv Bajaj
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Arnab Chaudhuri to receive Toonz Media Award
- The ‘Legend of Animation’ award instituted by the Toonz Media Group (TMG) as part of the Animation Masters Summit (AMS) 2020 – Digital Edition will be posthumously conferred to the legendary animation director Arnab Chaudhuri.
- The award is being presented for his invaluable contribution to the animation and entertainment industry of India.
- Arnab, who passed away on December 25, 2019, was one of the pioneers of the Indian Animation industry, and his animation movie ‘Arjun: The Warrior Prince’ is the only animation from India to date to be longlisted for Oscar awards.
Indian-origin nurse in Singapore conferred with President’s Award
- A 59-year-old Indian-origin nurse in Singapore has been conferred with the President’s Award for Nurses for serving on the frontline during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kala Narayanasamy was among the five nurses given the award, the Ministry of Health announced.
- Each recipient was awarded a trophy, a certificate signed by President Halimah Yacob and SGD 10,000 (USD 7,228).
- Narayanasamy, who is the Deputy Director of Nursing at Woodlands Health Campus, was awarded for using infection control practices, which she learned during the 2003 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak, in the current Pandemic.
- She tapped on this experience to introduce workflows and standard operating procedures to convert wards at the Yishun Community Hospital to care for COVID-19 patients.
- She has been involved with the modernisation of nursing in Singapore, with her past projects including the implementation of a self-checkout inventory management vending machine to track the usage of items.
- She was also involved in the introduction of the use of a streamlined wound assessment process that provides accurate wound measurements and image capture.
- Both measures were implemented by the Woodlands Health Campus team at Yishun Community Hospital.
- Narayanasamy is currently involved with the planning for the Woodlands Health Campus, scheduled to open in 2022, drawing on almost 40 years of experience to lead the development of nursing services for the division of medicine at the campus.
- Capital: Singapore city
- President: Halimah Yacob
- Currency :Singapore dollar
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SpaceX Launches ANASIS-II Military Communications Satellite for South Korea
- SpaceX launched a South Korean military communications satellite, ANASIS-II. Liftoff of the Falcon 9 Block 5 rocket.
- The launch took place from SLC-40 at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in
- Army/Navy/Air Force Satellite Information System 2 (ANASIS-II), previously named KMilSatCom-1, is a secure communications satellite for the South Korean Agency for Defense Development.
- The spacecraft is the first dedicated South Korean military communications satellite. It supplements the Koreasat-5/ANASIS-I satellite,a combined civilian and military communications satellite launched in
- The ANASIS-II spacecraft is based on Airbus’s Eurostar E3000 satellite bus, over 80 of which have been ordered for various communications missions. While the mass of ANASIS-II is classified due to its military mission, other E3000 satellites range from 4500 to 6500 kilograms at launch.
About South Korea
- Capital: Seoul
- President: Moon Jae-in
- Currency: South Korean won
- Prime minister: Chung Sye-kyun
Oxford COVID-19 vaccine early trial shows positive result, India to start trial next month
- The human trial of COVID-19 vaccine candidate developed by the University of Oxford and backed by AstraZeneca Plc has shown a positive result. Officially known as AZD1222, the vaccine has prompted a protective immune response in hundreds of people who got the shot, according to a report published in British medical journal Lancet. The vaccine did not prompt any serious side effects, the journal stated.
- The researchers stated that they found their experimental COVID-19 vaccine produced a dual immune response in people aged 18 to 55.
- The vaccine uses a weakened version of chimpanzee adenovirus as a vector, infused with the genetic material of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Explaining how the Oxford vaccine works, study lead author Andrew Pollard stated: “The new vaccine is a chimpanzee adenovirus viral vector (ChAdOx1) vaccine that expresses the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein”.
- It uses a common cold virus (adenovirus) that infects chimpanzees, which has been weakened so that it can’t cause any disease in humans, and is genetically modified to code for the spike protein of the human SARS-CoV-2 virus”.
- This means that when the adenovirus enters vaccinated people’s cells it also delivers the spike protein genetic code. This causes these people’s cells to produce the spike protein, and helps teach the immune system to recognise the SARS-CoV-2 virus.”
- The potential vaccine is already in large-scale phase III human trials to assess whether it can protect against COVID-19. In phase-3, it will be tested on roughly 30,000 people in the US alone.
- Hill estimated they might have sufficient data by the end of the year to decide if the vaccine should be adopted for mass vaccination campaigns.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
“The Endgame”- Authored by S Hussain Zaidi
- Veteran Crime writer S Hussain Zaidi has penned a new novel titled “The Endgame” which talks of politics, betrayal and unimaginable terror.
- “The Endgame” has been published by HarperCollins India.
- The book explores the challenges that the security of a country faces from within and without at the same time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DRDO provides ‘Bharat drones’ to Indian Army for accurate surveillance at India-China border
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has provided drones named ‘Bharat’ to Indian Army. The indigenously developed drones are sent in order to provide an accurate surveillance along the Line of Actual Control in high altitude and mountainous terrains of Eastern Ladakh.
- Bharat Drones– a series of drones that comes under one of the world’s most lightest and agile drone surveillance systems and is made in India
- Bharat drones are equipped with artificial intelligence which helps the drone to detect friends from foes and helps take any action accordingly.
- It has been made in a way that ensures its survival in extreme cold weather temperatures. The drones are further being developed to perform in harsher weather.
- Not only this, the drones can also provide a real-time video transmission during the missions and have advanced night vision capabilities. It can also detect humans who are hidden in deep forests.
About Indian Army
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
ICC officially postpones World T20 due to coronavirus pandemic
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) officially postponed this year’s T20 World Cup slated to held in
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 will be held October – November 2021 with the final on 14 November 2021
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 will be held October – November 2022 with the final on 13 November 2022
- ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 will be held in India October – November 2023 with the final on 26 November 2023.
- Also, the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2021 will be held in February of 2021 at New Zealand.
- CEO (Chief Executive Officer) : Manu Sawhney
- Headquarters : Dubai, United Arab Emirates
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Versatile Odia actor Bijoy Mohanty passes away
- Veteran Odia film actor Bijoy Mohanty passed away. The actor was suffering from multiple ailments.
- He had acted in over 350 Odia, Bengali and South Indian movies.
- The actor had started his career in the Odia film industry in 1977 in the movie Chilika Tire. He had won the National Award that year. Some of his memorable films are Arati, Sahari Bagha, Mamata Mage Mula, Aei Aama Sansara, Ki Heba Sua Posile and Suna Panjuri.
The creator of the Olympic bear: artist Victor Chizhikov passes away
- The national artist of Russia Viktor Chizhikov passed away at the age of 84.
- He is known as the author of the Olympic bear MISHA– the symbol of the 1980 Games in Moscow.
- The artist’s drawings were used in popular magazines, including “Young Naturalist”, “Twinkle”, “Funny Pictures” and “Murzilka”.
DAILY CA 21st JUL
- International Chess Day – 20th july
- HRD Minister to launch Manodarpan initiative to provide psychosocial support to students
- Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force
- Ministry of Tourism holds webinar titled ‘The Mystical Triangle- Maheshwar, Mandu & Omkareshwar’ under Dekho Apna Desh Series
- Power Minister launches programme to improve indoor air quality
- India-US announce new areas of research on transformational power generation
- Harsh Vardhan launches Punjab National Bank’s Nation-wide CSR campaign for Distribution of Mask and Sanitizer to prevent Spread of COVID-19
- Fiscal deficit to shoot up to 7.6% in FY21; twice budget estimate: Ind-Ra
- Yogi launches employment scheme for SCs
- Transgender Community In Odisha To Receive Pension Under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal Inaugurates Mega Food Park In Mizoram
- TN govt inks 8 MoUs, attracts over Rs 10,000 cr investments
- Godhan Nyay Yojana’ begins in Chhattisgarh
- Andhra Pradesh announces Renewable Energy Export Policy
- Formal MoU signed between CBDT & MoMSME for sharing of Data
- Saba Karim resigns from General Manager Cricket Operations BCCI
- Karur Vysya Bank appoints Ramesh Babu Boddu as MD & CEO
- IFGTB Scientist Gets Award From Indian Council Of Forestry Research And Education
- Messi beats Benzema to break La Liga record with seventh Pichichi award
- Indian direct selling industry ranked 15th after recording $2B sales in 2019
- ICAT launches automotive technology e-portal ASPIRE
- CMERI develops COVID protection systems for workplaces
- CIPET gets accreditation by NABL to test PPE kits
- USS Nimitz may conduct Passed with Indian Navy
- MoD inks contract with BEML for procurement of 1,512 Mine Plough for T-90 tanks
- 3-day long Air Force Commanders’ Conference to begin in Delhi
- New book on Udham Singh by Akademi awardee Baldev Singh Sadaknama
- France Football announce the Ballon d’Or will not be awarded in 2020
- Statement of Intent signed for partnership with UNICEF India, YuWaah India, UN in India
- Ben Stokes overtakes Jason Holder to become No.1 all-rounder in ICC Test rankings
- Award-winning Spanish novelist Juan Marse passes away at age 87
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon passes away
DAILY CA 22nd JUL
- Pi Approximation Day- 22nd july
- Employees’ Welfare Scheme Launched In Arun Jaitley’s Name In Rajya Sabha
- India, Maldives sign agreement for establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male
- EU approves biggest green stimulus in history with $572-billion plan
- Banks sanction over Rs 1.27 lakh cr loans under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- LIC-UBI announce corporate agency pact
- Bank of Baroda rolls out ‘Insta Click Savings Account’
- Ola rolls out enterprise solution ‘Ola Corporate’ to global customers
- FCC, NPCI to host world’s largest virtual fintech event
- Shikhar Dhawan signs marketing and management agreement with IMG Reliance
- NTPC’s 1,600 MW Lara Power Project in Chhattisgarh fully operational
- Tamil Nadu govt launches web portal for unorganised sector workers
- AP, AMUL sign up to help self-help groups, boost milk cooperatives
- CBDT, CBIC sign MoU for data exchange
- Sumit Deb appointed CMD of National Mineral Development Corporation
- Rahul Bajaj steps down as chairman of Bajaj Finance
- Arnab Chaudhuri to receive Toonz Media Award
- Indian-origin nurse in Singapore conferred with President’s Award
- SpaceX Launches ANASIS-II Military Communications Satellite for South Korea
- Oxford COVID-19 vaccine early trial shows positive result, India to start trial next month
- “The Endgame”- Authored by S Hussain Zaidi
- DRDO provides ‘Bharat drones’ to Indian Army for accurate surveillance at India-China border
- ICC officially postpones World T20 due to coronavirus pandemic
- Versatile Odia actor Bijoy Mohanty passes away
The creator of the Olympic bear: artist Victor Chizhikov passes away