Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Statistics Day
- National Statistics Day is observed on June 29 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Professor PC Mahalanobis.
- This year the day will be marked virtually due to Covid-19 pandemic and people still are being advised to stay indoors.
- The theme of the day this year is Sustainable Development Goals -3 (Ensure healthy lie and promote well-being for all at all ages) and Sustainable Development Goals-5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
BRO rebuilds bridge on Munsyari Milam Road near Indo -China Border in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
- In Uttarakhand , a crucial bridge on the Munsyari Milam Road near the Indo -China Border in Pithoragarh has been rebuilt by the Border Road Organisation(BRO) in a record time of five days.
- The 100 feet long bridge with a capacity of carrying weight of around 30 tonnes, is the only route for movement of Army and ITBP personnel to the higher Himalayan posts along the china border.
- The old bridge collapsed because of overloaded trailer carrying an excavator tried to cross it despite several warnings from the BRO.
- This bridge is very important for supplying ration to the army and the ITBP men near the Indo-China border in Uttarakhand.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh
Govt Approves Additional Rs 1,691 Crore for Highway Works in J&K, Uttarakhand for 2020-21
- The government has approved an additional Rs 1,691 crore for highway works by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand for 2020-21.
- Of this, Rs 1,351.10 crore has been sanctioned to BRO for road works in Jammu & Kashmir.
- A total of Rs 340 crore ceiling has been approved for Uttarakhand for national highways.
- In addition, it has also given nod for additional sanction of Rs 71 crore for highway works by the state’s Public Works Department in Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Sikkim and Tamil Nadu,
- Besides, it has also enhanced the total ceiling to Rs 1,955 crore for highways work for Nagaland under Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP) from the existing Rs 1,081 crore.
Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launches TRIFED Digital Platforms through video conference
- Tribal Affairs Ministry has taken several immediate initiatives to re-energise the lagging economic activity for sustaining the livelihood development of tribals to ease the burden of the tribal artisans arising out of COVID pandemic.
- The TRIFED Digital Platforms, Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda stated that the team of “TRIFED Warriors” will take Tribal Commerce based on forest products, handlooms and handicrafts to a new high for transforming tribal lives and livelihoods.
- He stated that with more and more people going online to meet their various needs, an important strategic push has been to adopt an all-encompassing digitisation drive to map and link its village based tribal producers to the national and international markets. This was the key focus area of a webinar organised by TRIFED.
- It was attended by over 200 participants. The main highlight was the launch of the TRIBES India products on the Government e-Marketplace and TRIFED’s new website.
- Mr Munda opined that TRIFED plays a major role in connecting the tribals to the mainstream and congratulated the team for their initiatives being launched.
- He urged them to focus on extracting and utilising the wealth of information and knowledge that the tribal communities have, especially with regard to the jungle, and how that can be used to not just benefit their community but can also be of greater help to the country and people in these troubled times.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Arjun Munda, Cabinet Minister
- Constituency: Khunti
- Renuka Singh Saruta, Minister of State
Union Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurates Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat
- Union Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik inaugurated two-day Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat via video conferencing and stated that strong defence capabilities would help the nation safeguarding the prosperity “generated in the last few decades“.
- The minister stated that the huge opportunity and clear vision of the Centre for the defence sector “have attracted the attention of not only a few large players but also a large number of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs).
- Naik stated that the slowing down/saturation of markets in other sectors has also been responsible for directing their interest towards the unexplored defence sector which promises sustained business opportunities.
- Naik stated that the state has emerged as an excellent infrastructure facility and can offer both forward and backward supply chain linkages to the defence and aerospace manufacturing sector.
- The growth drivers for Gujarat include its vast coastline of 1,600 kilometres with well-connected ports, the MSME engineering companies providing entire supply chain for the defence sector, premier educational institutes in management, engineering, design, research and development, infrastructure planning and world-class shipbuilding and repairing facility, he stated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
USAID Announces a Contribution Of $356.2 Million From The U.S. Government For Sudan’s Democratic Transition
- The United States is providing $356.2 million to support the democratic transition in theRepublic of Sudan following a peaceful revolution in 2019.
- The Acting Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), John Barsa, announced this commitment at the Sudan Partnership Conference, a virtual event co-hosted by the European Union, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Transitional Government of Sudan, and the United Nations.
- The U.S. commitment includes $20 million, subject to Congressional notification, for the Sudan Family-Support Program, a safety net administered by the World Food Programme to help a large part of the Sudanese population through a difficult period of economic reform needed to end unsustainable state subsidies on wheat and oil. It also includes funds to help Sudan respond to the pandemic of COVID-19.
- The U.S. Government has long been a leading donor to support the welfare of the people of Sudan.
- The funds will strengthen local and national institutions; address drivers of conflict; expand civic engagement, particularly among youth, women, religious minorities, and other marginalized communities; and assist with the planning and eventual conduct of credible, inclusive, and peaceful elections.
- Capital: Khartoum
- Currency: Sudanese pound
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
World Bank clears $500 mn to improve quality of education system
- The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 500 million (about Rs 3,700 crore) loan to improve the quality and governance of school education in six Indian states. The board approved a loan for Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS).
- The STARS program builds on the long partnership between India and the World Bank (since 1994), for strengthening public school education and to support the country’s goal of providing Education for All.
- At the national level, through the Samagra Shiksha, and in partnership with the states of Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan, STARS will also help improve learning assessment systems, strengthen classroom instruction and remediation, facilitate school-to-work transition, and strengthen governance and decentralised management.
About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David R. Malpass
SBI working on setting up e-commerce portal “Bharat Craft” for MSMEs
- State Bank of India is working on setting up an e-commerce portal for advertising of merchandise manufactured by micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) within the nation.
- The portal referred to as Bharat Craft can be collectively run by the financial institution and the federal government.
- SBI has sanctioned loans to over four lakh accounts underneath the Rs 3-lakh crore Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) for MSME sector.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
IMF Executive Board Approves a US$356.5 Million Disbursement to Myanmar to Address the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The IMF Executive board has approved an emergency financial assistance worth 5 million dollars for Myanmar to address challenges posed by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- The assistance for Myanmar has been approved under the Rapid Credit Facility and Rapid Financing Instrument to meet the urgent balance of payment and fiscal needs of the country. It will also support the government’s plans to boost spending especially on health and social safety nets.
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
Reserve Bank of India extends enhanced borrowing limit to banks under MSF till Sept 30
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the enhanced borrowing facility provided to the banks to meet their liquidity shortages till September 30.
- The RBI, as a temporary measure, had increased the borrowing limit of scheduled banks under the marginal standing facility (MSF) scheme from 2 per cent to 3 per cent of their Net Demand and Time Liabilities (NDTL) with effect from March 27, 2020.
- Under the MSF, banks can borrow overnight funds at their discretion by dipping into the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR). This relaxation, which was granted till June 30, 2020, has now been extended till September 30. RBI, in its circular stated that banks may continue to access overnight funds under the MSF against their excess SLR holding.
- The marginal standing facility rate currently stands at 25 per cent. The RBI has also extended the relaxation on the minimum daily maintenance of the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) at 80 per cent for a further period of three months till September 25, 2020.
- On March 27, the minimum daily maintenance of the CRR was reduced from 90 per cent of the prescribed CRR to 80 per cent till June 26, 2020. This was done in view of the continuing of hardships faced by banks in terms of social distancing of staff and consequent strains on reporting requirements.
- Marginal Standing Facility is a new Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) window created by Reserve Bank of India in its credit policy of May 2011. MSF is the rate at which the banks are able to borrow overnight funds from RBI against the approved government securities.
Sidbi sets up fund to facilitate free onboarding of MSMEs on TReDS platform
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) stated it has set up a fund to support free onboarding for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on trade receivables discounting system (TReDS).
- The free onboarding of MSMEs would be available till September-end, according to a release.
- The fund, Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund, is an open-ended fund and the target is to onboard 10,000 MSMEs during the period, a Sidbi spokesperson stated.
- Usually, an MSME has to pay a fee of Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 for getting registered on a TReDS platform.
- The fund would be utilised to offset the cost of joining/registration fee on the TReDS platform, Sidbi stated.
- Three TReDS platforms — Receivables Exchange of India Ltd (RXIL), M1xchange and Invoicemart — will help MSMEs gain access to working capital through invoice discounting via multiple financiers.
- TReDS is an electronic platform where receivables of MSMEs drawn against buyers, including large corporates, public sector undertakings and government departments, are financed through multiple financiers at competitive rates through an auction mechanism.
- Headquarters: Lucknow
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Mohammad Mustafa: Chairman and Managing Director
RBL Bank’s chatbot ‘RBL Cares’, now enables banking transactions
- RBL Bank has now enabled additional banking transactions and added a host of new features to ‘RBL Cares’, its AI-powered conversational Chatbot that can provide real-time customer service assistance on a range of questions related to banking and credit card products and services.
- The Chatbot has been built in partnership with ai, a leader in the Conversational AI space. It has successfully answered over 4 million queries in less than 6 months of its launch in January, 2020, with an accuracy of over 95%.
- In addition to helping customers find answers to their queries, RBL Cares also enables them to check account balance, credit card balance & statement; block/ unblock debit & credit card, manage beneficiaries, request a cheque book, request stop payment, enable/disable international transaction on credit card, update email ID, reset PIN and find their credit score. The new feature facilitates transactions like fund transfers via NEFT or IMPS. Information related to the COVID-19 moratorium facility can also be accessed through this chatbot.
About RBL bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- MD & CEO: Mr Vishwavir Ahuja
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Hindustan Zinc launches “Koi Bacha Rahe Na Bhookha” campaign
- Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL), in association with Government’s Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS), has launched “Koi Bacha Rahe Na Bhookha” campaign – aimed at improving the health and well-being of the children in the age group of 0-6 years across 3089+ Anganwadis in
- Through this campaign, HZL aims to break the chain of malnutrition and provide good health for children, lactating women and families, who have been severely impacted by the aftermath of Covid-19 pandemic.
- The project is being implemented in partnership with reputed NGOs like Gramin Avam Samajik Vikas Sanstha (Ajmer), CARE India (Bhilwara & Chittorgarh), Jatan Sansthan (Rajsamand) and Seva Mandir (Udaipur) and would cover five districts of Rajasthan.
- The campaign has been launched under Khushi Anganwadi programme which is a unique tri-partite Public-People initiative.
About Hindustan Zinc Limited
- CEO: Sunil Duggal
- Headquarters: Udaipur
Government launches 7.15% floating rate bonds
- The government is launching the Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 (Taxable) scheme from July 01, 2020. The Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 (FRSB Bonds) will have a tenure of 7 years and the interest rate will keep varying during the tenure of the scheme. Currently, the rate of interest has been set at 15 per cent per annum payable half-yearly. The minimum investment amount is Rs 1000, while there will be no maximum limit for investments made in the Bonds. The maximum investment in cash can be made up to Rs 20,000.
- In addition to debt funds, bank fixed deposits, post office NSC and other fixed-income investments, the investors will now have another option in the form of Floating Rate bonds to choose from.
- The resident Indians or HUF can invest in the FRSB taxable bond, without any monetary ceiling. The Bonds will be on tap till further notice and issued in non-cumulative form only. Premature redemption shall be allowed for specified categories of senior citizens.
- Interest on the Bonds will be taxable under the Income-tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time and as applicable according to the relevant tax status of the Bond holder. There will be an incidence of TDS unless certificate of exemption is provided to not deduct TDS.
Some other salient features of the Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 (Taxable) are:
- Eligibility for investment: The Bonds are open to investment by individuals (including Joint Holdings) and Hindu Undivided Families. NRIs are not eligible for making investments in these Bonds.
In the case of an individual, the Bonds may be held by a person resident in India in her or his individual capacity, or in individual capacity on joint basis, or in individual capacity on any one or survivor basis, or on behalf of a minor as father/mother/legal guardian.
- Form of the Bonds : The Bonds will be issued only in the electronic form and held at the credit of the holder in an account called Bond Ledger Account (BLA), opened with the Receiving Office.
- Where to invest: One can invest through branches of State Bank of India, Nationalised Banks and four specified private sector banks.
- Interest (Floating):
(i) Interest payments– The interest on the bonds will be payable at half-yearly intervals on Jan 1st and July 1st every year. There is no option to pay interest on a cumulative basis.
(ii) Interest Rate – The coupon/interest of the bond would be reset half yearly starting with Jan 1st, 2021 and thereafter every July 1st and Jan 1st. The coupon rate for the first coupon period, payable on January 1, 2021 is fixed at 7.15%.
(iii) Base Rate – The coupon rate will be linked/pegged with prevailing National Saving Certificate (NSC) rate with a spread of 35 basis points over the respective NSC rate.
SAP launches Global Bharat program to equip MSMEs with digital technologies
- German technology firm SAP India launched the Global Bharat program, designed to enable Indian micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) become globally competitive by equipping them with digital technologies.
- In association with Nasscom Foundation, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Pratham InfoTech Foundation, the program further compliments government of India’s vision to empower the MSME sector by providing them access to global marketplace, digital skilling for the workforce and transforming business processes, SAP India stated.
- According to SAP, 80% of the company’s customer base comprises of SMEs that have adopted digital technologies and witnessed exponential growth.
- As part of providing access to the global marketplace, MSMEs will have open access to B2B marketplace SAP Ariba Discovery, where buyers can post their sourcing needs and the suppliers on Ariba Network can respond with their ability to deliver the goods and services, with no fees through 31 December.
- For reskilling its workforce, business owners will have access to SAP India’s digital skilling initiative Code Unnati’s 240 courses on digital finance, soft skills, and productivity technologies. The curated courses will be made available through a mobile application for people to access via their android smartphone devices. Under this digital literacy program, SAP India has already trained over 1 million youth through 1,500 physical training centres.
- Through Global Bharat, SAP India will also offer MSMEs access to their enterprise resource planning (ERP) software through the Business One Starter Pack on the cloud made available at competitive rates.
- CEO: Christian Klein
- Headquarters Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg,Germany
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Chhattisgarh to be the first state of the country to procure cowdung for welfare of cattle owners
- ‘Godhan Nyay Yojana’ to be launched in Chhattisgarh to promote environment conservation, cowdung management and to make animal husbandry more profitable.
- This innovative scheme will be implemented in Chhattisgarh from the day of Hareli Festival.
- It is an important festival of Chhattisgarh’s ‘Gond’ Tribe and is celebrated in The new moon day of Srawan (Sawan Amavsya) month of the Hindu calendar between July and August in the rainy season.
- Animal Husbandry and cowdung management to become more profitable for Livestock owners.
- Implementation of Godhan Nyay Yojana to generate employment opportunities and additional income
- Cowdung to be procured on fixed rate, vermi compost to be sold from cooperative societies.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capitals: Raipur
MP govt to launch ‘Kill Corona’ campaign from July 1
- Madhya Pradesh government will launch a ‘Kill Corona’ campaign from July 1 to control the spread of coronavirus in the state. Under the campaign, a door-to-door survey will be conducted and tests would also be done on citizens for other diseases.
- During the 15-day ‘Kill Corona’ campaign in MP, 2.5 lakh tests will be carried out and 15,000 to 20,000 samples would be collected daily. Health department officials informed that the testing capacity in the state will be doubled from 4,000 per 10 lakh people to 8,000 per 10 lakh people.
- The recovery rate in Madhya Pradesh is 76.9 per cent, which is better than the national recovery rate.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Micheal Martin Becomes Ireland’s Prime Minister
- Ireland’s Parliament appointed Micheal Martin, a center-right politician, as prime minister.
- Martin replaces Leo Varadkar.
- Mr Martin is expected to lead the country until December 2022
- He served as cabinet minister in several Fianna Fáil governments from 1997 to 2011.
- Capital: Dublin
- Currency: Euro
Vini Mahajan is Punjab’s first woman Chief Secretary
- Vini Mahajan, became the first woman bureaucrat in the history of Punjab to be elevated to the top post of the state’s Chief Secretary.
- With her elevation it is also for the first time in Punjab’s history that both the civil and police administrations in the state are headed by an IAS-IPS couple. Mahajan is the wife of state DGP Dinkar Gupta.
- She took charge as the new Chief Secretary replacing Karan Avtar Singh, who has now been posted as Special Chief Secretary, Governance Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Piyush Goyal Led the Governing Council Meeting of National Productivity Council
- The 49th Governing Council Meeting of National Productivity Council (NPC), an autonomous body under Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India was held through video conferencing.
- It was chaired by Shri Piyush Goyal, Commerce & Industry Minister and President of NPC Governing Council.
- The Meeting was attended by about 180 participants, comprising of Government Officers, Leaders of Industry Associations, Industry captains, Trade Union leaders, financial institutions, Productivity Councils of States, Subject experts, Academicians, and other eminent personalities.
- Some of the suggestions made in the meeting were- sector formulation of specific action plans by NPC especially in agriculture and logistics sectors, identification of Champion sectors which has the potential to drive the economy, adoption of technology to increase the productivity and delivering cost-effective solutions for marginalised sector, interlinking of academia and industry for creation of a highly skilled labor force, financing of specific products to support MSMEs and increase their productivity, national audit on security impact etc .
- Minister of Railways and Commerce: Piyush Vedprakash Goyal
- Constituency: Maharashtra
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Bengaluru in world’s top 30 startup ecosystem list
- Indian’s startup capital Bengaluru has been ranked in the world’s top 30 startup ecosystems. Topped by Silicon Valley in California, Bengaluru is at the 26th spot and the only India city to feature in the list by ‘The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ by Startup Genome.
- While Delhi is in the runner-up category at the 36th spot, Mumbai ranks first in the list of top 100 emerging ecosystem ranking. The list of emerging startup hubs also includes Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.
- Bengaluru, along with Paris and Singapore, stand out for high access as well as quality and activity of funding, the report stated. Delhi ranked well for the volume and complexity of patent creation in the analysis, which found London and New York tied for second spot.
- The report by Startup Genome, a California-headquartered innovation policy advisory and research firm, analyses cities around the world where early stage startups have the best shot at building global success.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Ex-RBI governor Rangarajan gets lifetime achievement award on Stats Day
- Former Reserve Bank of India governor C Rangarajan was conferred with the lifetime achievement award for his contribution to statistics on the occasion of Statistics Day.
- Besides heading RBI and the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council, Rangarajan was chairman of the National Statistical Commission, set up in 2000 to review the statistical system.
- Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, Bibek Debroy, stated Covid-19 has raised the issue of paucity of government expenditure and the need for its re-prioritization towards the health sector
- Chief statistician Pravin Srivastava stated the government will launch e-Sigma that will capture data using mobile devices.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
IISc in process of commercialising ICU-grade ventilator ‘Project Praana’
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), has successfully completed the prototyping of an intensive care unit (ICU) grade ventilator which is now in the process of being commercialised. Code-named ‘Project Praana’, the product is a technology development, to address the shortage of medical ventilators in the fight against Covid-19.
- The prototype consists of a custom-designed pneumatic system controlled by a microprocessor and uses proprietary algorithms and techniques to blend air and oxygen in the desired ratio. It also offers fine-grained control of patient-side respiratory parameters such as respiration rate, inspiration to expiration ratio, FiO2 (concentration of oxygen that a person inhales), and PEEP (positive end-expiratory pressure).
- It supports both invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- The ventilator uses only components made in India or those, which are easily available in the domestic supply chains at low cost.
NASA Renamed Its Headquarters For ‘Hidden Figure’ Mary Jackson
- NASA renamed the street outside their headquarters as the ‘Hidden Figures Way’.
- Jim Bridenstine, a NASA administrator, announced that their Washington headquarters will be renamed after Mary Jackson, who overcame hurdles to become NASA’s first Black woman engineer.
- A few years after Mary Jackson’s death in 2005, she was awarded the ‘Congressional Golf Medal’ for her immense contribution not just to NASA but also to American history. The ‘Congressional Gold Medal’ is the highest award granted to civilians in the United States.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Hindi writer Priyamvad’s new book “Bharatiya Loktanktra Ka Koras: Kuch Bisari Bikhari Dhwaniyan”
- Penguin Random House India’s Indian language publishing division, Hind Pocket Books has recently signed Shri Priyamvad, a celebrated writer in Hindi literature. His new book,Bharatiya Loktanktra Ka Koras: Kuch Bisari Bikhari Dhwaniyan will be released next year.
- The book will trace the country’s political upheavals during that time.
- The wide trajectory of the premise will be covered in two parts. While the first will document events from January 26, 1950 to June 12, 1975, the other will capture significant occurrences in India from June 12, 1975 to January 14, 1980.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
‘Shrek 2’, ‘Smurfs’ director Kelly Asbury passes away
- Writer-director Kelly Asbury, whose credits include animated films such as “Shrek 2”, “Smurfs: The Lost Village” and “Beauty and the Beast”, passed away at the age of 60 after a long battle with cancer.
- He started working for Disney by the late ’80s on cartoons including “The Little Mermaid”, “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, and “James and the Giant Peach”.
- Asbury was also up for the Camera d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival for his best debut feature, the Palme d’Or, the top prize at the prestigious movie gala, for “Shrek 2”.
Renowned Jammu advocate Bhupinder Slathia passes away at 70
- Senior advocate and former president of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association, Bhupinder Singh Slathia passed away.
- He was known for voicing the region-centric issues and remained at the forefront of several pro-Jammu agitations.
Milton Glaser, Designer Behind The ‘I ♥ NY’ Logo, passes away
- Milton Glaser, the graphic designer behind the iconic “I ♥ NY” logo, has passed away at 91.
- Glaser is also known for creating the Brooklyn Brewery Logo and for his work on Mad Men.
Charles Webb, Elusive Author of ‘The Graduate,’ passes away at 81
- Charles Webb, who wrote the 1963 novel “The Graduate,” the basis for the hit 1967 film, and then spent decades running from its success, passed away at 81.
- Webb published eight books, including a sequel to “The Graduate,” “Home School” (2007), in which the main characters, Benjamin and Elaine, are grown up and teaching their children themselves.
DAILY CA 27th JUNE
- World MSME Day- 27th june
- NS Tomar launches web portal of Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
- ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi, Nana-Nani Abhiyan’ launched to ensure well-being of Senior Citizens amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Centre to set up taskforce for ‘Golden Hour’ accident claims, insurance pool proposed
- President promulgates Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020
- Instamojo launches InstaCash to solve the liquidity challenge for MSMEs
- PhonePe partners with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model
- DGFT to launch new digital platform for delivery of services
- MSME comes out with consolidated notification for classification and registration
- Yes Bank launches full service digital savings account
- SOLV partners with Standard Chartered Bank to launch credit card for MSMEs
- Carlyle to pick up 20 pc stake in Piramal pharma business for $490 million
- India’s economy in deep trouble, growth may contract 5 pc in FY21: S&P
- Tamil Nadu CM, Petroleum Minister inaugurate compressed bio gas plant
- UP to raise Rs 1,500 cr in bank loans for 340-km Purvanchal Expressway
- Maharashtra government announces Maha Parwana plan to attract fresh investments in industries
- Chhattisgarh government to launch Adarsh police station scheme
- UP Government to form a dedicated force for industrial security
- Punjab Governor along with Petroleum Minister inaugurated Battery Swapping Facility, QIS
- Noted poet Dr. Adyasha Das releases poetry anthology “The Yogini Poems: Love and Life”
- India slips to 77th rank, accounts for 0.06% of all foreign funds with Swiss banks
- Bangladesh board launches app to track Covid-19 symptoms among its players
- World Athletics launches ‘Road to Tokyo’ qualification tracking tool
- Sanjita Chanu to receive Arjuna award after IWF drops doping charges
- Indian Navy inducts indigenously developed Torpedo Decoy System Maareech
- 1971 war hero Sqn Ldr Parvez Jamasji passes away
DAILY CA 28th & 29th JUNE
- National Statistics Day-29th june
- BRO rebuilds bridge on Munsyari Milam Road near Indo -China Border in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
- Govt Approves Additional Rs 1,691 Crore for Highway Works in J&K, Uttarakhand for 2020-21
- Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launches TRIFED Digital Platforms through video conference
- Union Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurates Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat
- USAID Announces A Contribution Of $356.2 Million From The U.S. Government For Sudan’s Democratic Transition
- World Bank clears $500 mn to improve quality of education system
- SBI working on setting up e-commerce portal “Bharat Craft” for MSMEs
- IMF Executive Board Approves a US$356.5 Million Disbursement to Myanmar to Address the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reserve Bank of India extends enhanced borrowing limit to banks under MSF till Sept 30
- Sidbi sets up fund to facilitate free onboarding of MSMEs on TReDS platform
- Fintech, digital lenders launch schemes for MSME credit
- RBL Bank’s chatbot ‘RBL Cares’, now enables banking transactions
- Hindustan Zinc launches “Koi Bacha Rahe Na Bhookha” campaign
- Government launches 7.15% floating rate bonds
- SAP launches Global Bharat program to equip MSMEs with digital technologies
- Chhattisgarh to be the first state of the country to procure cowdung for welfare of cattle owners
- MP govt to launch ‘Kill Corona’ campaign from July
- Micheal Martin Becomes Ireland’s Prime Minister
- Vini Mahajan is Punjab’s first woman Chief Secretary
- Piyush Goyal Led the Governing Council Meeting of National Productivity Council
- Bengaluru in world’s top 30 startup ecosystem list
- Ex-RBI governor Rangarajan gets lifetime achievement award on Stats Day
- IISc in process of commercialising ICU-grade ventilator ‘Project Praana’
- NASA Renamed Its Headquarters For ‘Hidden Figure’ Mary Jackson
- Hindi writer Priyamvad’s new book “Bharatiya Loktanktra Ka Koras: Kuch Bisari Bikhari Dhwaniyan”
- ‘Shrek 2’, ‘Smurfs’ director Kelly Asbury passes away
- Renowned Jammu advocate Bhupinder Slathia passes away at 70
- Milton Glaser, Designer Behind The ‘I ♥ NY’ Logo, passes away
- Charles Webb, Elusive Author of ‘The Graduate,’ passes away at 81