Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Environment Day
- Annually observed on June 5, World Environment Day stresses on the importance of everyone’s active participation in environment conservation and sustainable living.
- This year, the theme is ‘Celebrating Biodiversity’.
- The day will be hosted in Colombia in partnership with Germany.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Union HRD Minister and MoS Housing & Urban Affairs jointly launch TULIP, an Internship Program with ULBs across the country, in New Delhi
- Union Human Resource Development MinisterShri Ramesh Pokhriyal `Nishank’ and MoS (I/C), Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep. S. Puri jointly launched a first of its kind initiative `The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP)’ – A program for providing internship opportunities to fresh graduates in all Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Smart Cities across the country.
- The TULIP programmewill provide access to internship opportunities through 4400 Urban local bodies and smart cities pan India.
- TULIP platforms will give an opportunity to youth to generate new ideas to reform Urban local bodies by modern techniques and innovative methods.
- Similar programmes like these in convergence with various ministries can help to generate internship opportunities for one crore students in the coming future.
- TULIP would help enhance the value-to-market of India’s graduates and help create a potential talent pool in diverse fields like urban planning, transport engineering, environment, municipal finance etc. thus not only catalyzing creation of prospective city managers but also talented private/ non-government sector professionals.
- Thus TULIP- “The Urban Learning Internship Program” would help fulfill twin goals of providing interns with hands-on learning experience as well as infusing fresh energy and ideas in the functioning of India’s ULBs and Smart Cities.
- An MoU has also been signed between MoHUA and AICTE. The MoU, inter alia, lays down roles and responsibilities of AICTE and MoHUA over a period of 5 years. Technical support for the platform shall be anchored by AICTE and the programmatic non-technical support shall be anchored by MoHUA.
- Any graduate who have completed B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Plan, BSc etc. can apply within 18 months from date of its Graduation
About All India Council for Technical Education
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Chairman– Anil Sahasrabudhe
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairsand Civil Aviation Minister of India – Hardeep Singh Puri
- Constituency- Amritsar
Prakash Javadekar launches Urban Forest programme on World Environment Day
- Union Environment Minister , Prakash Javadekar launched the Urban Forest program on the occasion of World Environment Day. World Environment Day is the biggest annual event in the world by the United Nations to mark the awareness about the environment amongst people. The main aim is to raise awareness to protect nature and look at various environmental issues. The theme for this year ‘s Environment day is Biodiversity.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Mr. Javadekar the Environment, Forest and Climate Change minister stated, despite all constraints, the country has managed to preserve around 8 per cent of the world’s biodiversity through its rich culture of worshipping and nurturing every aspect of mother nature. He stated , the country believes in the principle of Prithvi Rakshti Rakshatah , which means Mother Nature protects those who protect her.
- Javadekar emphasised on the need to promote Urban Forests, Nagar Van initiative through active public participation. In the initial phase, under this program, forests will be developed in 200 corporations and cities in the country. The Environment Minister highlighted the success of Wajre Urban forest in the city of Pune, Maharashtra which has been developed on a 40 acre degraded land area.
- The virtual celebration by the Environment Ministry was also attended by Union Minister of state for Environment , Babul Supriyo, Maharashtra State Forest Minister Sanjay Rathod and senior officials from the ministry and the United Nations Environment Programme.
Cabinet approves renaming of Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust
- The Union Cabinet approved the renaming of Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Trust.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made the announcement about renaming the port trust on January 11.
- Syama Prasad Mukherjee was a minister in the central government and martyred in Kashmir. The decision to rename the port was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi so we have renamed the port , he stated.
- The Prime Minister had announced the renaming of Kolkata Port Trust after Syama Prasad Mukherjee at a function to mark the 150th-anniversary celebrations of the port trust.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
60 million could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020 : World Bank President
- The World Bank urged countries to go for comprehensive policies to boost long-term growth along with short term measures to address health emergencies and secure core public services in the wake of the coronavirus crisis, amid indications that 60 million people could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020.
- The scope and speed with which the Covid-19 pandemic and economic shutdowns have devastated the poor around the world are unprecedented in modern times, World Bank Group President David Malpass stated.
- Current estimates show that 60 million people could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020. These estimates are likely to rise further, with the reopening of advanced economies the primary determinant, he told reporters during a conference call as the World Bank released analytical chapters from its flagship Global Economic Prospects report.
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Mastercard, Axis Bank and Worldline launch Soft POS to enable smartphones to be used as POS devices
- Mastercard, Axis Bank and Worldline launched Soft POS to become the first financial payments service in India to transform everyday smartphones into merchant Point of Sale terminals.
- The solution comes with various features for the merchant community. Merchants who have traditionally accepted cash payments, now have a simpler and more secure way to manage transactions.
- The merchant community can start using Soft POS almost instantly as the online registration process with the acquiring bank takes less than 30 minutes. The solution is available as a white label solution to all banks and payment aggregators in the industry.
- The solution enables face-to-face payments with Bharat QR and NFC payments, as well as remote payments for home deliveries via link-based payments. The app also allows banks to have complete visibility of a merchant’s transactions, making it easier for small merchants to get business loans.
- Soft POS provides a cost-effective card acceptance solution for all micro-merchants and SMEs in India and eliminates the need to invest in a POS device. Merchants across the country now have an option to accept contactless payments directly via their own Android smartphones.
- This functionality is called “Tap on Phone” which means a cardholder can tap his/her contactless card on the merchant Smart phone with NFC functionality and hence encourages social distancing.
- The application is available in eight languages and easily links with platforms such as Google Pay, WhatsApp Pay, Amazon Pay, amongst others. The launch of this app will allow more and more small merchants to accept contactless payments directly through their smartphones. For the cardholders, it is the most convenient payment method with the seamless shopping experience. The app is currently only available to Android users, however, will soon be launched for I-phone users as well.
About Axis Bank
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chief Executive Officer– Amitabh Chaudhry
- Tagline- Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
- Headquarters– New York, United States
- Chief Executive Officer– Ajay Banga
RBI to set up Rs.500-cr fund to expand payment infrastructure
- The Reserve Bank of India announced the creation of a 500 crore Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) to encourage deployment of Point of Sale (PoS) infrastructure (both physical and digital modes) in tier-3 to tier-6 centres and the North-East.
- The central bank, stated it will make an initial contribution of Rs.250 crore to the PIDF covering half the fund and the remaining contribution will be from card-issuing banks and card networks operating in the country.
- The PIDF will also receive recurring contributions to cover operational expenses from card-issuing banks and card networks. The Reserve Bank will also contribute to yearly shortfalls, if necessary.
- The PIDF will be governed through an Advisory Council and managed and administered by the RBI.
- Over the years, the payments ecosystem in the country has evolved with a wide range of options such as bank accounts, mobile phones, cards, etc. To provide further fillip to digitisation of payment systems, it is necessary to give impetus to acceptance infrastructure across the country, more so in underserved areas, the RBI stated.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Hyundai introduces upgraded online retail platform ‘Click to Buy’
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) introduced its upgraded online end-to-end automotive retail platform ‘Click to Buy’ curated to provide future retail experience to customers in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The company, which had launched the platform in March, has invested around USD 1 million (around Rs.7.5 crore) to develop it to offer customer services from booking of cars to test drive to financing and delivery at home.
- Through the platform, the company has now integrated all of its over 600 dealerships, providing them another additional channel to draw customers and sell cars, he added.
- The company claimed that ‘Click to Buy’ will become the ‘new normal’ for buying car by providing a one-stop solution for customers’ car ownership requirement.
- The platform provides full-spectrum car buying journey, transparency with on-road prices, dedicated sales consultants, online finance options from leading banks, special online promotions, estimated time of delivery for car purchase, online test drive booking of sanitised cars and home delivery of fully sanitised cars, it added.
- The company is offering the online service across India in English initially and in the next phase it plans to add eight languages.
- Headquarters: Seoul, South Korea
- Chairman : Chung Mong-koo
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Andhra Pradesh govt gives Rs 10,000 each to 2.62 lakh auto, cab drivers in state
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy announced the transfer of a total amount of Rs 262.49 crores to 2,62,493 beneficiaries under the YSR Vahana Mitra scheme during a digital conference with district collectors and beneficiaries.
- The YSR Vahana Mitra was launched on October 4, 2019, with an aim to provide an annual allowance of Rs 10,000 to auto and taxi drivers to meet insurance premium, license fees and other recurring expenses.
- The annual payment of allowance under the scheme was advanced by four months as the auto and taxi drivers had no source of income during the past few months due to the lockdown clamped to fight COVID-19.
- The government plans to disburse next week financial assistance under a state scheme for barbers, washermen, and tailors, and to handloom weavers on June 24.
- Executive Capital- Vizag, Judicial Capital- Kurnool, Legislative Capital- Amaravati
- Governor- Biswabhusan Harichandan
Kerala implements ‘Food forest’ project in tribal belts of Attapady
- On this World environment day, Kerala’s first ‘food forest’ is being prepared at tribal belts of Attapady in Palakkad district.
- As part of the Tribal Comprehensive Development Programme in Kerala the “food forest” project is being implemented in cooperation with the Mahila Kissan Saktheekaran Pariyojana of the Central Government. The project aims to provide food security to 192 tribal villages in Attapadi.
- The cultivation of various food crops that are part of the food forest, has been initiated by the Kudumbasree units, the largest women self help group in the State. The project that spans across a year, began, with the planting of tree saplings, in this World environment day.
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
Chhattisgarh govt launches ‘Spandan Campaign’ to check suicide and fratricide
- The Chhattisgarh government launched the Spandan Campaign to contain incidents of suicide and fratricide involving police personnel, and instructions were issued to senior officers to strictly adhere to guidelines in this regard.
- Chhattisgarh’s director general of police DM Awasthi issued an order to all superintendents of police and commandants of armed police forces, saying they should strictly follow instructions to curb suicides and incidents of fratricide.
- All superintendents of police will start a parade at police lines in their districts every Friday, keeping in mind social distancing, and grievances of personnel will be redressed after the event. The order made it mandatory for superintendents of police to facilitate counselling and medical treatment for depressed officers and staff by psychiatrists or psychologists in their district headquarters.
- Arrangements should be made for yoga classes for police personnel in all district headquarters. A roster should be prepared for this and the cooperation of local yoga teachers should be sought, the order stated.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital : Raipur
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS AND PORTALS
J&K launches app to provide salary information to employees
- Lieutenant Governor, Girish Chandra Murmu launched JK Employees Salary Tracker Mobile App– ‘MeraVetan’ (Version-1).
- The newly launched application is aimed to provide Salary Related information to Employees.
- With the launch of MeraVetan App (V-1), the employees especially posted in remote & rural areas who don’t have access to the DDO will easily access their salary and other details anytime.
- Similar application may be developed for Pre and Post Matric Scholarship and Integrated Social Security Scheme for Social Welfare Department so that the beneficiaries are able to track the scholarship/ pension disbursement details.
- It was informed that MeraVetan Mobile app has been developed by NIC J&K, on Android Platform, for providing end to end computerization of JKPaySys Application.
- The App is available on JKPaySys main page and instructions for installation and use of App are available on JKPaySys portal. After the Installation, the employees shall have to enter their CPIS ID, DOB and GPF / NPS subscription number. In case they don’t have this information, they can have it from their DDO.
The Android based App enables the employees to view details of their salary from anywhere and anytime. It provides information such as Pay Scale, GPF/NPS Subscription, Allowances, Deductions, GPF/NPS Statement, Income Tax Statement, SLI statement etc. Detail of salary of an employee shall be updated every month after payment from the Treasury.
- After drawal of Salary Bill, employees can view their salary information from the App. It will facilitate the employees to get the salary slip quickly, thereby reducing the load on DDO.
- Lieutenant Governor: Girish Chandra Murmu
- Capitals : Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services sign MoU for development of Trigeneration projects in India
- GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi for cooperation in development of Trigeneration projects in India.
- The MoU aims at building a closer strategic partnership between the two companies by jointly exploring business opportunities in Trigeneration business segment in India.
- Under this MOU, GAIL & EESL shall jointly undertake studies and if found viable, 50:50 joint venture between GAIL & EESL will be incorporated for undertaking Trigeneration projects.
- Trigeneration or Combined Cooling, Heat and Power (CCHP) typically involves natural gasfired generators to produce electricity. The waste heat from flue gas is recovered to produce hot water / steam which in turn used for heating purposes and also in absorption chillers for cooling.
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- CEO- Shri Manoj Jain
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Chairman– Rajeev Sharma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Adidas India appoints former Miss World Manushi Chillar as brand ambassador
- The Indian arm of German sports brand Adidas announced the appointment of former Miss World Manushi Chillar as its new brand ambassador.
- Chillar joins the roster of Adidas ambassadors including Ranveer Singh, Rohit Sharma, Hima Das, and over 20 other top athletes.
- Adidas has encouraged over a million people across the globe, including India which is one of the top countries in participation, to join the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge that supports the WHO COVID19 Response Fund.
- Adidas will donate $1 for every hour of fitness activity clocked on the adidas Running and Adidas Training apps till 7 June.
About Adidas :
- Headquarters: Herzogenaurach, Germany
- CEO: Kasper Rørsted
On Menstrual Hygiene Day, Manushi Chhillar teams up with UNICEF to spread awareness about menstruation
- On World Menstrual Hygiene Day (May 28), former Miss World Manushi Chhillar underlined the need to spread awareness on feminine hygiene.
- Chillar shared a picture of herself with a red dot on her palm and wrote that every menstruating female has the right to accurate information on how to safely manage their period.
- The former Miss World runs her own initiative on menstrual hygiene called ‘Project Shakti’ that works across several states in the country.
- Previously, actresses like Dia Mirza, Diana Penty, Mrunal Thakur, Aditi Rao Hydari, Kubbra Sait, Neeru Bajwa, among others have taken part in the Red Dot Challenge.
- Executive Director– Henrietta H. Fore
- Headquarters– New York, United States.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Prime Minister Addresses the virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was addressing the virtual Global Vaccine Summit hosted by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in which over 50 countries – business leaders, UN agencies, civil society, government ministers, Heads of State and country leaders participated.
- India has pledged 15 Million US Dollars to Gavi, the international vaccine alliance.
- India has a vast population and limited health facilities and that it understands the importance of immunization.
- One of the first programmes launched by his government was Mission Indradhanush, which aims to ensure full vaccination of the country’s children and pregnant women, including those in the remote parts of the vast nation.
- India has added six new vaccines to its National Immunization Programme.
- India had digitized its entire vaccine supply line and developed an electronic vaccine intelligence network to monitor the integrity of its cold chain.
- Head quarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- CEO: Seth Berkley
WEF Davos summit to focus on ‘The Great Reset’ in 2021; will be open to all online
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) will adopt a new twin-summit format for its next annual Davos meeting in January 2021, by bringing together leaders from across the globe for in-person as well as virtual dialogues with a theme of ‘The Great Reset’. The gathering of the world’s rich and powerful, held every year in the Swiss ski resort town, will also open its doors virtually for everyone across the world online and through a network of more than 400 hubs globally.
- The 50th WEF Annual Meeting, which was held from January 21-24, 2020, was one of the last high-profile gatherings this year before the coronavirus pandemic brought almost the entire world to a halt.
- Geneva-based WEF stated its 51st Annual Meeting will again bring together global leaders from government, business and civil society, and stakeholders from around the world, but this time in a unique configuration of both in-person and virtual dialogues.
- The Great Reset’ will be the theme of this unique twin summit in January 2021, it added.
- The WEF, which describes itself as an international organisation for public-private partnership, stated ‘The Great Reset’ is a commitment to jointly and urgently build the foundations of economic and social systems for a more fair, sustainable and resilient future.
- The twin summit in January 2021 will be both in-person and virtual, connecting key global governmental and business leaders in Davos with a global multi-stakeholder network in 400 cities around the world for a forward-oriented dialogue driven by the younger generation. These would include cities in India, among other countries.
- The announcement of “the great reset” summit was made by the Prince Charles of Wales and WEF founder and Executive Chairman Klaus Schwab during a virtual meeting.
About World Economic Forum (WEF):
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Executive Chairman: Klaus Schwab
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
8 Indian institutes in top 100, IITs on a ‘decline’: Times Higher Education Asia University Ranking
- THE Asia University Ranking: With eight institutes in the top 100, India is the third most represented country in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Ranking .
- While the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore retains its top position in the country by attaining the 36th spot globally, eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have also been featured in the top 100. This is India’s best performance since 2016, in terms of the number of institutes. Last time, India had eight institutes in the top 100 in 2016. However, the picture is different in terms of ‘quality’.
- Even as more IITs have been featured in the ranking; THE claims that “overall picture for India’s IITs (is) one of general decline amid increased regional competition”. Apart from IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Delhi which have improved their performance since 2019, and IIT-Ropar which has debuted in the ranking this year, the rest of the IITs have scored lower
India’s Ranking –
- Rank 36 – IISc Bangalore
- Rank 47 – IIT-Ropar
- Rank 59 – IIT-Kharagpur
- Rank 55 – IIT-Indore
- Rank 65 – IIT-Delhi
- Rank 69 – IIT-Bombay
- Rank 83 – IIT-Roorkee
- Rank 92 – Institute of Chemical Technology
Global top 10 Universities –
- Rank 1: Tsinghua University, China
- Rank 2: Peking University, China
- Rank 3: National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Rank 4: University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Rank 5: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Rank 6: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Rank 7: The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Rank 8: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Rank 9: Seoul National University, South Korea
- Rank 10: University of Science and Technology of China
- Rank 10: Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Further, a total of 489 universities across India qualified for the ranking this year which was an increase of 72 institutes of 17 per cent as compared to last year. China not only got the global top rank with Tsinghua University but also dominated the table with 81 universities, however, the most represented country was Japan with 110 institutes.
- THE Asia University Rankings 2020 use the same 13 performance indicators. THE claims that varsities are judged in four core areas: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DRDO develops device to keep PPE wearers comfortable, without sweating
- The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a device SUMERU-PACS that helps wearers of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to feel comfortable without sweating.
- DRDO developed a personal air circulation system which can be used inside the PPE as a small backpack of approximately 500 grams weight which works well at an ambient temperature of 39 degrees Celsius and keeps wearer comfortable and cool without sweating.
- The system is suitable for indoors especially for doctors and other medical staff wearing PPE cover all six hours in the hospitals.
- The device draws the outside air with the help of a filter and the moist air goes out from the front face opening thereby, cooling neck and head area.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Founded- 1958
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Indian Author Luke Coutinho’s New Book To Promote Benefits Of ‘dry Fasting’ Diet
- Luke Coutinho’s new book, “The Dry Fasting Miracle: From Deprive to Thrive”.
- Co-authored by Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Ali Bin Rashed Al Nuami, a member of the Ajman royal family in the UAE, the book will be published under the Ebury Press imprint of Penguin Random House.
- The new, revised and updated version of ‘The Dry Fasting Miracle’ is backed by more research and evidence and we are hoping that the book changes the health of every person who reads it.
- The book is peppered with personal experiences and also features a simple, easy to follow routine.
- “The Dry Fasting Miracle: From Deprive to Thrive” is set to hit the stands on June 15.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
AFC Grants India the Rights to Host AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Finals
- India is all set to host the AFC Women’s Asian Cup Finals in 2022 after the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) granted All India Football Federation the rights for it, at the AFC Women’s Football Committee.
- The tournament comes into India’s bag after the country is slated to host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 from February 17 to Match 7, 2021.
- India previously hosted the FIFA U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017. Furthermore, India had also hosted the AFC U-16 Championship India in 2016.
About Asian Football Confederation:
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa
- General Secretary: Windsor John
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Veteran filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passes away
- Veteran filmmaker Basu Chatterjee, known for his middle-of-the-road cinema and films such as “Chhoti Si Baat” and “Rajnigandha”, passed away. He was 93.
- ReceivedIIFA(International Indian Film Academy) Lifetime achievement awards(2007) & also received Filmfare for best screenplay, best director & critics award for best movie.
DAILY CA 4th JUNE
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression- jun 4th
- Govt launches SWADES scheme for jobs to returning Indians from abroad
- Centre amends Essential Commodities Act; Cereals, pulses, onion and potatoes removed from essential commodities list; Farmers can sell their produce outside State
- Nitin Gadkari announces development of new Greenfield expressway to Amritsar
- DPIIT revises public procurement order to encourage Make in India initiative
- Govt launches Electronics Mfg Scheme 2.0, aims to get 5 top global players
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Bhutan on cooperation in environment
- DBS Bank partners with TCIL for real time payments to truck drivers
- SBI creates separate business vertical for financial inclusion, agri biz
- IndusInd Bank launches mobile app based facility for opening current accounts
- Facebook to acquire 9.9% stake in Jio Platforms via Jaadhu Holdings
- Facebook signs a global licensing deal with music label Saregama
- Kerala’s free internet project to be commissioned in December
- Chief Minister of Telangana inaugurates Kondapochamma Sagar
- Uday Kotak takes over as CII president
- Twitter names ex-Google CFO Patrick Pichette as new board chairman
- Krishnendu Majumdar becomes first person of colour to be appointed BAFTA chair
- V N Datt takes over as C&MD, National Fertilizers Limited
- Shri Sushil Kumar Singhal appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Independent State of Papua New Guinea
- UST Global recognized as ‘IT Service Provider of the Year 2020’ by Everest Group
- South Africa, Nasa collaborate to support human missions to Moon, Mars and beyond
- NBA Hall of Famer Wes Unseld passes away
DAILY CA 5th JUNE
- World Environment Day- 5th june
- Union HRD Minister and MoS Housing & Urban Affairs jointly launch TULIP, an Internship Program with ULBs across the country, in New Delhi
- Prakash Javadekar launches Urban Forest programme on World Environment Day
- Cabinet approves renaming of Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust
- 60 million could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020 : World Bank President
- Mastercard, Axis Bank and Worldline launch Soft POS to enable smartphones to be used as POS devices
- RBI to set up 500-cr fund to expand payment infrastructure
- Hyundai introduces upgraded online retail platform ‘Click to Buy’
- Andhra Pradesh govt gives Rs 10,000 each to 2.62 lakh auto, cab drivers in state
- Kerala implements ‘Food forest’ project in tribal belts of Attapady
- Chhattisgarh govt launches ‘Spandan Campaign’ to check suicide and fratricide
- J&K launches app to provide salary information to employees
- GAIL (India) and Energy Efficiency Services sign MoU for development of Trigeneration projects in India
- Adidas India appoints former Miss World Manushi Chillar as brand ambassador
- On Menstrual Hygiene Day, Manushi Chhillar teams up with UNICEF to spread awareness about menstruation
- Prime Minister Addresses the virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020
- WEF Davos summit to focus on ‘The Great Reset’ in 2021
- 8 Indian institutes in top 100, IITs on a ‘decline’: Times Higher Education Asia University Ranking
- DRDO develops device to keep PPE wearers comfortable, without sweating
- Indian Author Luke Coutinho’s New Book To Promote Benefits Of ‘dry Fasting’ Diet
- AFC Grants India the Rights to Host AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Finals
- Veteran filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passes away