Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Albinism Awareness Day 2020
- June 13 marks International Albinism Awareness Day around the globe. This day is observed to educate everyone about the rights of people with albinism and celebrate them. The United Nations General Assembly was first perceived this day as a resolution.
- The theme of the 5th anniversary of International Albinism Awareness Day is “Made To Shine.” This day is an appeal to stand in solidarity with people living with this condition.
- Albinism is a rare, non-contagious, genetically inherited condition found in all countries across the world irrespective of background or culture. This dissimilarity is a lack of melanin in the eyes, skin and hair making prone to the sun and bright light. There is no treatment or cure for the absence of pigmentation that is dominant in albinism.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches Sahakar Mitra
- Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Programme, an initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation launched by Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- National Cooperative Development Corporation, NCDC has embarked upon a series of initiatives in the cooperative sector entrepreneurship development ecosystem through capacity development, paid internship to youth and assured project loans on liberalized terms to young cooperators on start-up mode.
- Sahakar Mitra would also provide an opportunity to professionals from academic institutions to develop leadership and entrepreneurial roles through cooperatives as Farmers Producers Organizations (FPO).
- Under the scheme, professional graduates in disciplines such as Agriculture and allied areas,IT etc. will be eligible for internship. Professionals who are pursuing or have completed their MBA degrees in Agri-business, Cooperation, Finance, International Trade, Forestry, Rural Development, Project Management etc. will also be eligible.
- NCDC has earmarked funds for Sahakar Mitra paid internship program under which each intern will get financial support over a 4 months internship period. Online application portal for internship application available on NCDC website, was also launched by the Union Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Minister.
About Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Minister of Rural Development- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Constituency- Morena, Madhya Pradesh
NHAI becomes first construction sector organisation to go ‘Fully Digital’
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) under Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has gone ‘Fully Digital’, with the launch of unique cloud based and Artificial Intelligence powered Big Data Analytics platform – Data Lake and Project Management Software.
- The Data Lake software will forecast the delays, likely disputes and will give advance alerts. Thus apart from expediting the decision making, it will also facilitate in taking correct and timely decisions as the system is likely to predict financial impacts of different alternatives based on the historical data. This will reduce a lot of disputes.
- The complete project documents and correspondences will be stored in Digital format in the cloud-based ‘Data Lake’ linked with GIS tagging and Unique Project ID, so that the project data can be easily retrieved as and when required from any location.
- Minister for Road Transport & Highways of India and Shipping Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises- Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Constituency- Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
Shipping Ministry approves Revised cost estimates to augment Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Ministry of Shipping has approved the Revised Cost estimate of an amount of 123.95 crore for augmenting Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Shipping activities are lifeline of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, as majority of the development activities are linked to it. To keep the shipping activities alive without any interruption, the ship repair facilities are need to be developed.
- The existing dock length will be extended by 90 meters This augmentation will boost ship building and ship repairing industry and facilitate the ‘Make In India’ initiative of the Government of India.
- The project ‘Extension of Dry Dock-II at a marine dockyard including supply, installation and commissioning of Dry Dock Pumps and accessories in Port Blair, South Andaman” was sanctioned by Ministry of Shipping under Central Sector Scheme to the tune of Rs. 96.24 crores, with stipulated date of completion of 42 months during February 2016.
- The extension facility of the Dry dock will be made available to the Shipping industry by August, 2021.
About Ministry of Shipping
- Union Minister of State for Shipping and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers.- Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Petroleum Ministry sets up panel to inquire into Assam oil well disaster incident
- The panel, which also includes former ONGC chairman B C Bora and former ONGC director T K Sengupta, will submit its report within one month
- The Petroleum Ministry has constituted a three-member high-level committee to inquire into the blowout at an Oil India Ltd well in Assam and the subsequent fire that killed two fire fighters and injured at least one.
- The panel will be headed by SCL Das, Director General of Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH), a ministry order stated.
- The committee will also recommend short and long-term measures to prevent the recurrence of such incidents including identifying any gaps in laid down standard operating procedure.
- The panel, which also includes former ONGC chairman B C Bora and former ONGC director T K Sengupta, will submit its report within one month, the order stated.
- Natural gas mixed with condensate started flowing uncontrollably from one of the wells of Oil India Ltd (OIL) in Baghjan fields in Tinsukia district of Assam on May 27, 2020 leading to a blowout. The well caught fire on June 8, 2020, it stated.
- Except at the well plinth area, the fire around the site has been extinguished. However, the burning of gas at the well mouth will continue till the well is capped.
- The ministry stated it is fully cognisant to the gravity of the situation developing in Baghjan and is committed for the safety and well-being of people in Assam.
About The Ministry Of Petroleum:
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural gas- Dharmendra Pradhan
- Constituency :Rajya Sabha ,Madhya Pradesh
India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held Online Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- During the third India-ASEAN youth dialogue that was held from June 8 to 10, India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) pledged to enhance cooperation in ways to effectively and constructively channelising youthful energy. According to reports, the dialogue took place online and primarily revolved around the coronavirus pandemic that has gripped the world.
- During the India-ASEAN dialogue, it was noted that the youth are playing a pivotal role as well as leading the fight against the pandemic. According to reports, the dialogue noted that the current pandemic has caused several problems and increased the burden and responsibilities of governments but stated that its also provides opportunities that should not be missed by the youth of India and ASEAN member nations.
- India as well as ASEAN member nations have some of the most young populations in the world. India alone has roughly more than 450 million people who are between the ages of 15-35 meaning that it has the largest number of young people in the world. The statistic of young people is only expected to grow in the coming years.
- According to reports, the dialogue also highlighted several other youth-centric initiatives that are currently still in progress, such as special Courses for Young ASEAN Diplomats, Exchange Programmes for Young Farmers’, Media Exchange Programmes and Programmes for Young Parliamentarians. Some 2,500 youth from ASEAN countries are involved in these projects.
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Chairman– Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- Membership– 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. 1 Observer – Papua New Guinea.
- 2020 Chairmanship– Veitnam
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI proposes upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs, whole-time directors of banks
- The RBI has proposed an upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs and whole-time directors of banks and a maximum term of 10 years for those belonging to the promoter group, as part of the exercise to improve governance in the banking sector.
- The Chief executive officers (CEOs) and whole time directors (WTDs) belonging to the promoter group should pass on the managerial leadership to professionals after ten years.
- The upper age limit for CEO/WTDs of banks is 70 years. Beyond this nobody can continue in the post.
Recent news related to RBI:
- The Reserve Bank of India created Payment Infrastructure Development Fund of Rs 500 crores.
- The Group of Ministers Committee formed under the leadership of Social Justice and Empowerment Minister recently submitted its draft proposals on empl0yment and skill development
- The Government of India has established International Financial Services Centre Authority. The headquarters of the authority is to be established in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The Reserve Bank of India announced the special liquidity facility for mutual funds of Rs 50,000 crores.
SBI relaunches Aadhaar-based online savings account opening facility
- The State Bank of India (SBI) relaunched its Aadhaar-based instant digital savings account facility for customers who want to open an online account using the Yono platform.
- Yono is the lender’s integrated banking and lifestyle platform. The ‘insta savings bank account’ will offer a complete paperless and instant digital savings account opening with just PAN and Aadhaar number, the bank stated.
- The bank will issue basic personalised RuPay ATM-cum-debit card to all the new account holders of insta saving bank accounts.
- To open account, customers need to download the Yono app, enter their PAN and Aadhaar details, submit one-time password, and fill other relevant details, the release stated.
- Nomination facility is also available for account holders along with SMS alerts and SBI’s missed call service.
- Once the process is completed, the account holder will get his/her account activated instantly and can start transacting immediately.
- Customers will have the flexibility to upgrade to full KYC (Know Your Customer) account by visiting their nearest SBI branch within one year’s time.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline :Pure banking, nothing else” “With you- all the way” “A bank of the common man” “The banker to every indian”
RBI constitutes Internal Working Group to review structure of pvt sector banks
- The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a five-member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks. RBI informed that RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by 30th September, 2020.
- The panel will also examine norms for promoter shareholding at the initial/licensing stage and subsequently, along with the timelines for dilution of the shareholding. RBI stated, it is necessary to align regulations to meet the requirements of a dynamic banking landscape as macro-economic, financial market and technological developments continue to influence the future of banking.
- The panel has also been asked to examine and review the eligibility criteria for individuals or entities to apply for banking licence and make recommendations on all related issues.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation– 1 April 1935
- Governor– Shaktikanta Das
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
‘STREE’ Launched In Hyderabad to Support and Empower Women against Domestic Violence
- Hyderabad City Security Council (HCSC) in association with Hyderabad City Police has launched the ‘STREE’The name reflects the vision – “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment” (STREE).
- The programme has been ideated on the lines of women’s empowerment to bring about a sustainable and impactful change by involving women in the community.
- The main aim of the programme is to create a platform for women from various walks of the community to come together and joint forum for women and Police to work together on issues of safety and security of women and girls.
- Further, it will create awareness among the women on their rights, entitlements, laws and support systems available while building a network of partners to ensure women’s safety, equality and empowerment.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister(CM): K Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt scheme of Flatted Factory Model
- In Uttar Pradesh, the State Government has decided to adopt the scheme of Flatted Factory Model which will ensure easy availability of land for industries, and in turn, generate employment also. In a high level meeting, it was decided by Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA) that flatted factories that means multi-storeyed buildings in which multiple non-polluting units can operate will be allowed.
- The new policy will allow the owner of an industrial land of at least five acres to develop one-fourth of it as flatted factory. Principal Secretary (Infrastructure and Industrial Development) Alok Kumar stated all industrial development authorities were on board with the uniform policy. The model can be adopted only for non-polluting manufacturing unit permitted by industrial development authority like manufacturing of readymade garments, handicrafts.
- A minimum structure of four storeys, including ground floor, will be permitted. Industrial Development Minister Satish Mahana stated the state is trying to become self-reliant to minimize imports and sectors like IT, electronics, garment manufacturing could easily adopt the flatted factory model so that land for other space requiring industries like defence and automobiles could be provided easily.
Recent News Related To Uttar Pradesh:
- Uttar Pradesh Government launches “Ayush Kavach” application
- Uttar Pradesh-First State to Geo Tag Community Kitchens
- The ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) gave permission for the state of Uttar Pradesh to start pool testing of COVID-19. With this, UP has become the first state to start pool testing.
- DefExpo-2020 was organized in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh under the Theme: Digital Transformation of Defence
Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
- Odisha has become the first state in the country to receive ISO certification for hostels meant for tribal students.
- The ST&SC Welfare Department had earlier launched the ‘Mission Suvidya’ project to provide all the tribal hostels of the state uniform standards of infrastructure, amenities and human resources.
- In the first phase, hostels of Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts were taken up for assessment. Out of 156 hostels of Keonjhar, 60 were selected for intensive interventions.
- Similarly, out of 90 hostels of Sambalpur, 12 were selected for the purpose.
- Comprehensive assessment and evaluation of all hostels under the department were conducted with the objective of improving the standard and quality of the hostels to lead them to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Capital: Bhubaneswar.
- Chief minister: Shri Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
UP CM Yogi inaugurates ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ in Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana via video conferencing, under which the children of the workers would be given financial assistance so that they can start their education as well as maintain a healthy life.
- In the first phase, this scheme will be implemented in 57 districts, where the maximum number of children working as labour have been recorded. Over 2000 children will be benefited from this scheme. A boy child will get Rs 1,000 per month and girl child will get Rs 1,200.
- Children studying in 8th, 9th and 10th grades under Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana will be given Rs 6000 per year. They will be also be provided additional assistance if required.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta takes charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command
- Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, assumed charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command (ENC), Visakhapatnam
- Vice Admiral S N Ghormade, the outgoing Chief of Staff, has proceeded on transfer as Controller Personnel Services at the Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy), New Delhi.
- He has commanded four frontline ships, including the missile corvettes INS Nishank, INS Karmuk, stealth frigate INS Tabar and the aircraft carrier INS Viraat.
- The Flag Officer is a recipient of the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal for distinguished service. He was also awarded the Yudh Seva Medal for coordinating evacuation operations from strife-torn Yemen in 2015 under Operation Raahat.
4 candidates from Karnataka, 1 from Arunachal Pradesh elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- All four candidates from Karnataka were elected unanimously to the Rajya Sabha. The newly elected MPs include former Prime Minister and Janata Dal (Secular) Chief D. Deve Gowda, veteran Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge and Bharatiya Janata Party nominees Ashok Gasti and Iranna Kadadi.
- Both Gowda and Kharge had faced defeat in the Lok Sabha Elections held in 2019. Iranna Kadadi and Ashok Gasti of BJP are former ABVP workers who have been associated with the BJP for over three decades.
- The elections were announced to find replacements for Rajeev Gowda and B K Hariprasad from Congress, Prabhakar Kore from BJP and D. Kupendra Reddy from JD(S) whose term is scheduled to end on 25th of June.
- In Arunachal Pradesh, BJP candidate Nabam Rebia has been elected unopposed to the lone Rajya Sabha seat. He was declared elected to the Upper House by Returning Officer Kago Habung after his nomination paper was found valid.
About Rajya Sabha:
- The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India. It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and union territories using single transferable votes through Open Ballot while the President can appoint 12 members for their contributions to art, literature, science, and social services.
- Chairman : Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India
- Deputy Chairman: Harivansh Narayan Singh, JDU
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Kathy Lueders to become first female head of human spaceflight
- Kathy Lueders, the first National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) official, who led the inaugural private crewed flight into space, has ascended to the position of the first female head of human spaceflight. NASA broke the news as it prepares to return people to the moon in 2024, as per the Reuters report.
- Kathy Lueders has been selected to lead @NASA’s Human Exploration & Operations Mission Directorate, NASA head Jim Bridenstine announced.
- Kathy has successfully managed both the Commercial Crew & Commercial Cargo programs and is the right person to lead HEO as we prepare to send astronauts to the Moon in 2024, he added.
- Lueders, who joined NASA in 1992, looked after the May 30 launch of two astronauts on a SpaceX rocket to the International Space Station. It was the first crewed commercial flight into space.
- She has overseen many a space testing progam for space capsules developed by SpaceX, Boeing, and other companies that are partnering with NASA to build vessels that can safely take humans into space.
- The program to develop commercial space flight programs for NASA was launched a decade ago under the administration of then-president Barack Obama. The flight marked a momentous change for the space agency, which had previously designed and built its own rockets and space vehicles.
- NASA’s schedule, set by the administration of President Donald Trump, aims to put two astronauts, including the first woman, on the Moon in 2024 using the heavy SLS rocket and the Orion capsule, Reuters report added.
- But the program is behind schedule and NASA has not made the final decision as to which company will build the Moon lander.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
3 DST institutes among top 30 Indian Institutions in Nature Index
- Three of the autonomous institutions of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India have found their place among top 30 Indian Institutions including universities, IITs, IISERs, and Research Institutions and Labs as per Nature Index 2020 ratings based on the research published in the top journals, a measure of research quality.
- These are the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Kolkata at 7th position, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore at 14th position and N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata at 30th position.
- Globally the top-rated Indian institutions in this list are Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), a group of 39 institutions at the 160th position and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore at the 184th position.
- The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Beijing has topped the Nature Index 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DRDO develops ‘GermiKlean’ to sanitise uniforms of security forces
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a sanitizing chamber named ‘GermiKlean’ to sanitise uniforms of security forces.
- The sanitizing chamber has been set up at Parliament Street Police Station.
- DRDO’s move came after Delhi Police gave their requirement for sanitizing their uniforms, canes, cane shields, helmets, etc.
- DRDO designed and developed a dry heat treatment chamber named “GermiKlean”. This chamber is designed to sanitise 25 pairs of uniforms within 15 minutes, stated DRDO officials.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Planning Commission Member Vaidyanathan passes away
- Former Member of the Planning Commission Dr A Vaidyanathan passed away. He was 88.
- Vaidyanathan was a professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies and Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram.
- He had chaired the Government of India Task Force on Revival of Cooperative Credit Institutions (2004) and was a member of the K N Raj Committee on Taxation of Agricultural Income (1969-70).
- From 1962 to 1972, Dr Vaidyanathan was a member of the perspective planning division of the Planning Commission.
Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away at 93
- Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away . He was 93.
- He was the freedom fighter and a premier ‘inquilabi’ poet.
- Born in old Delhi’s Gali Kashmeerian in 1926, he was also the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the first Urdu science magazine published by Government of India in 1975.
Vasant Raiji, India’s oldest first-class cricketer, passes away at 100
- India’s oldest first-class cricketer Vasant Raiji passed away at his residence in Mumbai. Raiji was 100 years old and is survived by his wife and two daughters.
- Raiji, who was chartered accountant to start with, could not ignore his love for cricket. The right-handed batsman, played nine first-class matches for Mumbai and Baroda in the 1940s, scoring 277 runs with 68 being his highest score in his decade-long career.
- His Mumbai debut happened in 1941 when the team played Western India under the leadership of Vijay Merchant. Raiji, also a cricket historian and chartered accountant, was 13 when India played its first Test match at the Bombay Gymkhana in South Mumbai.
DAILY CA 12th JUNE
- World Day Against Child Labour –june 12th
- Centre allots Rs 4,000 cr to states under ”Per Drop More Crop”
- Railways creates new world record by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in OHE electrified territory
- Govt constitutes Empowered Group of Secretaries to facilitate investment in country
- Bangladesh launches plasma network for COVID 19 treatment
- To Boost Infrastructure spending, Centre infuses Rs 5,298 cr in IIFCL
- Apple becomes the first US company to hit $1.5 trillion market cap
- Asiatic lion population in Gujarat rises to 674 in five years, up by almost 29%
- UP govt to launch state level sample collection campaign
- Maharashtra renames its environment ministry as ‘Environment and Climate Change Ministry’
- IDBI board approves appointment of Anshuman Sharma as Govt nominee director
- Australian Honour for Indian musician Shobha Sekhar
- The Ramon Magsaysay awards, Asia’s version of Nobel Prize awards cancelled
- Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal gets 2020 World Food Prize
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman to chair 40th GST council meeting through video conferencing
- Health-tech startup, Arvi launches contactless thermal scanning kiosks
- Kerala Startup launches mask disposal smart bin & UV light-based disinfection device
- NIRF Ranking 2020: IIT Madras, IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi top 3 institutes
- India retains 108th spot; no change in Fifa team rankings over Covid-19
- India CWG champion lifter Sanjita Chanu cleared of doping charges
- Television actor Jagesh Mukati passes away
- SAIL director Atul Srivastava passes away
- Writer Jas Waters passes away
DAILY CA 13th JUNE
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2020- 13th june
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches Sahakar Mitra
- NHAI becomes first construction sector organisation to go ‘Fully Digital’
- Shipping Ministry approves Revised cost estimates to augment Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Petroleum Ministry sets up panel to inquire into Assam oil well disaster incident
- India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held Online Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- RBI proposes upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs, whole-time directors of banks
- SBI relaunches Aadhaar-based online savings account opening facility
- RBI constitutes Internal Working Group to review structure of pvt sector banks
- ‘STREE’ Launched In Hyderabad To Support And Empower Women Against Domestic Violence
- Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt scheme of Flatted Factory Model
- Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
- UP CM Yogi inaugurates ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ in Lucknow
- Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta takes charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command
- 4 candidates from Karnataka, 1 from Arunachal Pradesh elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- Kathy Lueders to become first female head of human spaceflight
- 3 DST institutes among top 30 Indian Institutions in Nature Index
- DRDO develops ‘GermiKlean’ to sanitise uniforms of security forces
- Former Planning Commission Member Vaidyanathan passes away
- Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away at 93
- Vasant Raiji, India’s oldest first-class cricketer, passes away at 100