Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Blood Donor Day
- World Blood Donor Day is observed on 14 June every year to raise awareness about the urgency of blood donations all over the world and to acknowledge and appreciate blood donors for their support.
- The event was organised for the first time in 2005, by a joint initiative of World Health Organisation, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- The theme for the Blood donor day 2020 is ‘Safe Blood Saves Lives’ which would be promoted with the slogan ‘Give blood and make the world a healthier place.’
World Wind Day
- Global Wind Day is a worldwide event that occurs annually on 15 June. It is a day for discovering wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to change our world.
- It is a day when wind energy is celebrated, information is exchanged and adults and children find out about wind energy, its power and the possibilities it holds to change the world.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day takes place every year on 15 June as designated by the United Nations General Assembly.
- The theme for WEAAD 2020 is “Building Strong Supports for Elders.”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
MoS Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 18th Bench of CAT for UTs of J&K, Ladakh
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the 18th Bench of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) for the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh through a Video Conference.
- Singh stated, the setting up of CAT Bench of Jammu to deal exclusively with service matters of government employees would go a long way in not only reducing the burden of various Courts but also provide to the persons covered by the Administrative Tribunals speedy relief in connection to their grievances and service matters.
- He stated that more than 800 Central laws, which were not applicable to Jammu and Kashmir have been made applicable since the abolition of Article 370 and 35A on 5th August last year.
- He stated, now the people of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh enjoy same rights as people from the rest of the country.
- Singh also expressed hope that pendency of about 30 thousand cases would be resolved in a time bound and judicious manner.
- The Minister stated that all three important agencies of DoPT- CAT, Central Information Commission and Central Vigilance Commission are now operational in Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region and Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office; Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space- Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Constituency: Udhampur, J&K
Govt launches AarogyaPath portal for healthcare supply chain
- AarogyaPath, a web based solution for the healthcare supply chain was launched to serve manufacturers, suppliers and customers to effectively deal with the Covid-19 pandemic. This national healthcare supply chain portal will remove supply chain bottlenecks during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The vision of this initiative is to set up an information management and forecasting database platform at national level. It will capture demand and supply scenarios for key healthcare needs items. This public platform will help healthcare users like hospitals, pathology laboratories, research institutes, medical colleges and patients.
- It will also provide seamless access to suppliers, manufacturers and importers for prevailing needs and demand related to medical equipment, diagnostic instruments, drugs, Personal Protective Equipment, respiratory assistance devices.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR stated that AarogyaPath will become the national healthcare information platform of choice in the years to come. It stated it will fill a critical gap in last-mile delivery of patient care within India through improved availability and affordability of healthcare supplies.
IBBI reconstitutes advisory panel on corporate insolvency resolution process
- The insolvency regulator IBBI has reconstituted the Advisory Committee on Corporate Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation process. This panel, which would be chaired by Uday Kotak, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank, comprises of 13 members besides the Chairman.
- This Advisory Committee will advise and provide professional support— on a request from the IBBI or on its own volition—on any matter relating to the Corporate Insolvency resolution and liquidation dealt with by the Board under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016, official sources stated.
- Most members will have a term of three years—up to June 11, 2023. The members of this high-powered panel include Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group & Shriram Group; Ashish Kumar Chauhan, Managing Director & CEO, BSE Limited; Ashu Suyash, Managing Director & CEO, CRISIL; M.V. Nair, Chairman, Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited; R Shankar Raman, Wholetime Director & Chief Financial Officer, Larsen & Toubro Limited; Rashesh Shah, Chairman & CEO, Edelweiss Group and Somasekhar Sundaresan, a Legal Counsel.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) had earlier constituted the Advisory Committee on Corporate Insolvency and Liquidation in August 2017. Uday Kotak was Chairman of this panel on that occasion too.
- Formed: 1 October 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- S. Sahoo: Chairperson
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
American DFC to invest $350 million in India firms
- The US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is looking to invest $350 million in India to support multiple projects in the country’s financial services sector, health infrastructure, renewable energy and food security space.
- DFC, known as America’s development bank, has approved loans worth $142 million for ReNew Power and $50 million for Sitara Solar Energy to build and operate solar power plants in Rajasthan, $50 million for Northern Arc to scale up lending to businesses that expand access to water, sanitation, and food or advance women’s economic empowerment, besides committing to invest in several other projects.
- These are part of DFC’s $1 billion commitment approved by its board to firms enaged in developmental works across in Africa, Latin America and other emerging markets. The investments mark one of the largest tranches approved during a board meeting, DFC stated.
- The projects have a particular focus on development impact, with nearly 60 % of investments in low- and lower middle-income countries, DFC stated in a statement from Washington, adding that the investments are aimed at supporting financial services for women, small businesses, and other underserved groups at a time when capital is in desperate need.
About U.S. International Development Finance Corporation:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- Adam S. Boehler: Chief Executive Officer
ADB Convenes High-Level Advisory Panel to Support COVID-19 Recovery in Southeast Asia
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Masatsugu Asakawa has launched a high-level panel of leading experts in economics, finance, and health to help ministers, central bank governors, and other senior officials identify options for Southeast Asian economies to tap into to quickly bounce back after the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
- The panel, moderated by ADB Vice-President Ahmed Saeed, discussed lessons learned as countries took immediate measures to address the pandemic’s devastating health, social, economic, and financial impacts, and their medium- to long-term priorities. They also covered topics such as the need for structural reforms, innovation in domestic resource mobilization, and how to make recovery sustainable amid global headwinds.
- The event drew senior officials from three of Southeast Asia’s largest economies including Indonesian Finance Minister and ADB Governor Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Philippine Finance Secretary and ADB Governor Carlos G Dominguez, and Bank of Thailand Governor Veerathai Santiprabhob.
- They exchanged views with eight international experts in economics, finance, health, social protection, data and sustainable development including former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India Raghuram Rajan.
- On April 13, ADB announced a 20 billion dollars package to support developing member countries’ COVID-19 response. ADB has since approved 7.2 billion dollars in rapid response loans and technical assistance, including nine interventions under the COVID-19 pandemic response option (CPRO) totalling 5.52 billion dollars for India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, Indonesia, the Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Nepal and the Philippines.
- The high-level dialogue is supported by a 5 million dollar technical assistance grant which ADB approved on April 24. The grant will help countries receiving CPRO funding monitor their Covid-19 response and guide them in preparing recovery strategies and action plans.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI bars People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans, accepting deposits for 6 months
- TheReserve Bank of India (RBI) barred Kanpur-based People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans and accepting deposits for six months, due to its weak financial position.
- The central bank has barred the co-operative bank from selling, transferring or disposing any of its properties or assets.
- As per the restrictions, the bank shall not, without prior approval of RBI in writing grant or renew any loans and advances, make any investment, incur any liability including borrowal of funds and acceptance of fresh deposits, disburse or agree to disburse any payment whether in discharge of its liabilities and obligations or otherwise.
- These directions will remain in force for six months from the close of business on June 10.
- The bank will continue to undertake banking business with restrictions till its financial position improves
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: BP Kanungo, MK Jain and Patra
PNB extends credit line of Rs 750 cr for Gorakhpur Link Expressway
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has extended a credit line of Rs 750cr for the Gorakhpur Link Expressway, estimated to cost Rs 5,876 crore.
- The 91-km expressway will connect Gorakhpur district,with another expressway project, the 340-km Purvanchal Expressway.
- Gorakhpur Link Expressway is the fifth greenfield expressway project in UP after Yamuna Expressway, Agra-Lucknow Expressway, Purvanchal Expressway and Bundelkhand Expressway.
- Another mega Ganga Expressway project has also been proposed, for which the bidding process is likely to be initiated after the state cabinet nod. The government is looking to provide jobs to the migrant workers in these infra projects.
- The Gorakhpur Link Expressway was divided into two packages and awarded to Apco Infratech and Dilip Buildcon for development.
- While, the PNB has provided a loan of Rs 750 crore for Gorakhpur Link Expressway, earlier Rs 2,300 crore had been extended as credit for Purvanchal Expressway, which is touted to cost Rs 23,000 crore.
- Purvanchal Expressway was divided into eight packages and awarded to different companies for ensuring time bound completion. It runs across nine districts viz. Lucknow, Barabanki, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Amethi, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur.
- Last month, UPEIDA had estimated the civil work and land cost of the 628-km Ganga Expressway project at Rs 21,000 crore and Rs 9,000 crore, respectively, thus totalling Rs 30,000 crore.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Tagline: The name you can bank upon
ICICI Bank launches digital overdraft facility
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched an online overdraft facility for its salaried customers.
- Called ‘Insta Flexicash’, the fully digital facility can be availed using the Bank’s internet banking platform and is available to pre-approved customers who can apply for the OD without visiting a bank branch.
- The bank offers customers a credit limit worth up to three times their net salary. The facility can be sanctioned immediately while customers can start using the approved OD limit within 48 hours, ICICI Bank stated, adding that the interest payable on the OD is calculated on the basis of the actual amount availed by the customer, not on the full amount of the OD sanctioned.
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline :Hum Hai na, khayal apka”
Airtel Payments Bank launches new salary account for MSMEs
- Airtel Payments Bank launched a new salary account for micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Called the Suraksha Salary account, it will enable MSMEs and other organisations to make cashless payments and provide a financial security blanket to their employees.
- Suraksha Salary account offers a wide range of benefits including Hospicash Insurance and Personal Accidental insurance cover given the low penetration of insurance in India, Airtel Payments Bank stated.
- The account has no minimum balance condition. It offers no charges on cash withdrawals of upto Rs 50,000 and deposits of upto Rs 20,000 in one month. The account holder also gets two free cardless cash withdrawal via IMT at ATMs across the country. The account holder can make online money transfers to any bank across India.
- To begin with the product will be available only to new to bank customers, the bank stated, adding that it will be soon made available to the existing customers.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- Headquarters: New Delhi India
- Anubrata Biswas :(MD, CEO)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Facebook Joins Google, Microsoft to fight child exploitation online
- Facebook joined Google, Microsoft and 15 other tech companies to announce the formation of Project Protect to combat child sexual abuse on its platforms.
- Project Protect is a renewed commitment and investment from the Technology Coalition expanding its scope and impact to protect kids online and guide its work for the next 15 years.
- Project Protect will focus on five key areas: tech innovation, collective action, independent research, information and knowledge sharing, and transparency and accountability.
- Facebook has made its photo and video-matching technologies open source, which allows industry partners, developers and non-profits to more easily identify abusive content and share digital fingerprints of harmful content and allow hash-sharing systems to communicate with each other.
- It also helps keep the broader internet safer as all violating content is shared with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) who work with local law enforcement around the world.
- This includes running PhotoDNA on links shared on all our apps from other Internet sites and their associated content to detect known child exploitation housed elsewhere on the internet.
- Last month, Facebook announced a new safety feature in Messenger that provides tips for spotting suspicious activity, encourages people under the age of 18 to be cautious when interacting with an adult they may not know, and empowers them to block or ignore someone when something doesn’t seem right.
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
Two US companies buy stake in Jio Platforms for a total of Rs 6,440 crore
- Reliance Industries had sold a 93% stake in its digital services arm Jio Platforms to American investment company TPG Capital for Rs 4,546.80 crore.
- Reliance also announced that L Catterton, another US-based capital market company, will buy a 39% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 1,894.50 crore.
- With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 102,432.45 crore from leading global technology investors including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, Mubadala, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, and TPG.
ePaisa joins hand with First Alliance Bank to promote POS solutions in Africa
- ePaisa, a point of sale (POS) solution provider in India, has entered into a partnership with First Alliance Bank (Z) Ltd in Zambia, Africa, to provide mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution to small and medium enterprises and other businesses in the country.
- ePaisa will be the solution provider for First Alliance Bank, which will further provide it to businesses across Zambia, the company stated.
- This partnership comes as the first global expansion for ePaisa where the company will help First Alliance Bank to digitalise POS and payment services within Zambia. As most of the country’s businesses operate traditionally, this partnership would positively impact the growth and economy of Zambia.
- The prime focus of the partnership for First Alliance Bank (FAB) is to empower all businesses with the POS solution in various industries across Zambia starting with the much-required contactless payment feature.
- Amid the pandemic situation, the partnership comes as significant news for both the companies. The commercial bank would benefit as it brings in awareness towards digitalising payments in Zambia with the smart mPOS as a co-branded solution.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
3rd phase of SAUNI scheme to be completed by 2021 to fill Saurashtra dams
- Gujarat Chief Minister, Vijay Rupani announced that the phase 2 and phase 3 of the Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) scheme to fill Saurashtra’s 115 dams with Narmada water will be completed by August 15 and March, 2021
- SAUNI is a significant scheme reflecting the engineering feat to bring the Narmada river waters to fill 115 dam reservoirs in Saurashtra and thereby provide drinking and irrigational waters to 737 villages and 31 cities of 11 districts of Saurashtra region. The first phase of the scheme is completed and now filling of 16 dam reservoirs is possible.
- The state government has spent Rs 14,707 crore in four links of the scheme where Rs 6,854 crore have been spent to finish the first phase and Rs 6,973 crore have been utilised for the second phase which is nearing completion.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Ghar Ghar Nigrani app launched in Punjab for COVID-19 house-to-house surveillance
- The Punjab government launched a mobile application aimed at undertaking house to house surveillance to contain the spread of COVID-19. The app, ‘Ghar ghar nigrani’, was launched by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh through video conference.
- The entire rural and urban population of Punjab above 30 years of age shall be surveyed as part of the drive, which will also cover persons below the age of 30 having co-morbidity or influenza-like illness.
- The ASHA workers and community volunteers will be paid Rs 4 per head incentive/honorarium for every person surveyed and shall cover 500 households.
- A supervisor will oversee the work of ASHA and community volunteers, and would be engaged on a voluntary basis for Rs 5,000 per month.
- The survey would help the state to develop an extremely important database and further plan its COVID containment strategy and make targeted interventions for the community.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Tata Power signs MoU with MG Motor for EV chargers
- Tata Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MG Motor to deploy 50KW DC Superfast chargers at select MG dealerships.
- These superfast 50KW DC chargers will be accessible by both MG ZS EV customers as well as other EV owners whose automobiles are compatible with the CCS/CHAdeMO charging standards.
- Further, the Tata Power- MG Motor partnership will also explore the possibility of second life management of EV batteries, which involves battery management techniques when they no longer meet EV performance standards.
- With this association, MG Motor aims to focus on the key target cities where they intend to foray as a part of their EV expansion plans.
- MG Motor India has 10 SuperFast 50 kW charging stations across its dealerships in five cities – New Delhi- NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad – and is expanding them to more cities. Tata Power, on the other hand, has established an elaborate EV Charging ecosystem with 180 charging points in 19 different cities under the EZ Charge brand, along with digital platform to facilitate customers.
About Tata Power:
- CEO: Praveer Sinha
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
RBI approves re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as ED of HDFC Bank
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as Executive Director of the HDFC bank for a period of three years with effect from June 13, 2020.
- In April, the RBI had put on hold the appointment of two key members on the board of HDFC Bank until a new CEO takes charge. The central bank had put on hold the appointments of Shashidhar Jagdishan as an additional director and Bhavesh Zaveri as a whole-time director.
- Bharucha has been associated with the bank since 1995. As HDFC Bank ED, Bharucha is responsible for a range of businesses including wholesale banking covering areas of Corporate Banking, Emerging Corporate Group, Business Banking among others.
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Monika Kapil Mohta appointed India’s next Ambassador to Switzerland
- Diplomat Monika Kapil Mohta has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Switzerland, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced.
- Presently, Mohta, an Indian Foreign Service officer of 1985 batch, is India’s Ambassador to Sweden.
- Mohta has served as the Ambassador of India to Poland and Lithuania from July 2011 to January 2015. Prior to that, she served as the Director of The Nehru Centre and Minister (Culture) at the High Commission of India to the United Kingdom from 2006 to 2011.
- She has also served at Indian Embassies in France, Nepal and Thailand, and in the Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
India’s first solar ferry sails into global contest
- Aditya’, representing Asia in the Gustave Trouvé Awards event, is from Kerala.
- India’s first solar-powered ferry, Aditya, which became an icon on the Vaikom-Thavanakadavu route in Kerala, is among 12 such ferries that have been shortlisted for the Gustave Trouvé Award. It is the sole entrant from Asia.
- There are three award categories: one for electric boats up to 8m in length, electric boats more than 8 m long and electric ferry boats (passenger boats), the category in which Aditya is in the fray.
- Gussies Electric Boat Awards were instituted in memory of Gustave Trouvé, a French electrical engineer and pioneer in electric cars and boats. Trouvé was a prolific inventor with over 75 patents. Back in 1881, he developed a 5-m-long prototype electric boat.
China’s unmanned submersible sets new record! Dives to world’s deepest ocean point
- China’s unmanned submersible has dived to a depth of 10,907 metres at the world’s deepest ocean point, setting a new record for the country during which samples from the deep sea and high-definition images of the geological environment were collected, according to a media report.
- “Haidou-1” set the record by submerging under the Pacific Ocean surface of the Mariana Trench, the deepest area in the world. Members of the expedition team from the Shenyang Institute of Automation with the Chinese Academy of Sciences stated that the vehicle dived over 10,000 meters four times at the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench during the trip, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
- During the deep-sea diving operation, researchers tested high-precision depth detection, machine hand operation, acoustic detection and positioning, and high-definition video transmission.
- The submersible collected samples from the deep sea and captured high-definition images of the geological environment, the report stated. China in recent years has stepped up efforts to develop deep sea technology to explore mining of rich natural resources from the sea bed. In 2011, China entered into a deal with the International Seabed Authority for a polymetallic sulfide exploration area of 10,000 square kms in the Indian Ocean for 15 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Central Railways launches robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ for screening of passengers for COVID-19 and surveillance in Pune
- The Central Railways has launched a robot named ‘Captain Arjun’ for the screening of passengers for COVID-19 infection and surveillance on railway premises in
- Robotic Captain “ARJUN” is an innovative step by the Central Railway, Pune division to enhance the security and safety of passengers.
- Captain Arjun will help the Railway Protection Force (RPF) in Pune in keeping a close watch on anti-social elements.
- The robot will protect passengers and staff from any possible COVID-19 infection and enhanced their security when they board or de-board trains.
- Captain Arjun is equipped with a motion sensor, one PTZ camera (pan, tilt, zoom camera) and one dome camera. The cameras use AI algorithms to track suspicious and antisocial activity, have an in-built siren, motion-activated spotlight H-264 processor and in-built internal storage for recording in case there is a network failure.
- Captain Arjun does thermal screening and records the temperature in a digital display panel with a response time of 0.5 seconds and if the temperature is higher than the reference range, it sounds an abnormal automatic alarm.
- The robot adopts a two-way communication mode, voice and video, and also speaks in the local language. It has speakers to spread awareness messages on Covid-19.
- Captain Arjun also has a sensor-based sanitiser and mask dispenser and can move. The robot has a floor sanitisation facility with battery backup. It has rugged wheels that support all kinds of surfaces.
Scientists discover ‘mirror image’ of the Earth and the Sun 3,000 light-years away
- Scientists have recently discovered a new exoplanet-star pair which resembles our Earth-Sun system.
- The star Kepler-160 and the planet KOI-456. Are quite similar to the Sun and the Earth, more than any other planets previously discovered which makes the planet more conducive to life, according to a team of scientists led by the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) in Gottingen, Germany.
- We conclude that Kepler-160 has at least three planets, one of which is the non-transiting planet Kepler-160 d. We also find the super-Earth-sized transiting planet candidate KOI-456.04 in the habitable zone of this system, which could be the fourth planet, the report stated.
- KOI-456.04 is orbiting the Kepler-160 at a distance similar to that of the earth from the sun. It takes approximately 378 days to complete one orbit, according to the report. The planet is approximately 3,000 light-years away from Earth.
- The new discovery is different from previously discovered exoplanets. One of the key reasons for the same is its Sun-like host star, as per reports.
- Most of the exoplanets previously discovered are hosted by red dwarf stars emitting infrared radiation rather than as visible light. Kepler 160’s composition shows that it is more similar to the sun reducing the chances of infrared radiation making it more potentially habitable. More clarity can be provided by NASA’s upcoming James Webb Space Telescope as well as the ESA’s PLATO space telescope which is likely to be launched in 2026 as per reports.
India’s gets its first infectious disease diagnostic lab
- India’s first infectious disease diagnostic lab is now ready. This rapid response mobile labrotary is part of government Aatmnirbhar Bharat. This labrotary was built in a record time of eight days from the date of receipt of Automotive Chassis, from Bharat Benz.
- It is built with the support of Department of Bio-Technology. The lab is a BSL-2 facility with on site Elisa, real-time reverse tranion polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test and Bio chemistry analysers.
- Elisa is a technology designed for quantifying and detecting soluble substances such as proteins, antibodies, peptides, and hormones.
- This lab can test Elisa about 200 per day and RTPCR about 50 per day.
Central Railway sets up Body Screening Facility ‘FebriEye’ In Mumbai’s CSMT, LTT Stations
- Central Railway has set up a body screening facility called This is yet another effort towards passenger safety after automated ticket checking and managing access (ATMA) machine and Always be Responsible and robotic Captain Arjun.
- Indian Railways has partially resumed passenger train services on important routes in the country and it is taking several measures to prevent the spread of COVID19 infection. In order to effectively scan passengers for COVID-19 symptoms and to ensure contactless entry, body-screening facility “FebriEye thermal cameras” have been set up at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- FebriEye is an Artificial Intelligence-based thermal screening system for real-time and automated, non-intrusive monitoring to ensure that a person entering does not have a high fever.
- When passengers pass before the cameras, anyone with temperature above the set range will be shown in a different colour pattern than the rest on the computer screen connected to the cameras.
- Central Railway stated that FebriEye thermal cameras can cover large areas which means it can detect the temperature of multiple people entering at once at a premise and record temperature automatically while passengers keep on moving.
- The FebriEye human body screening facility by Central Railway is a step forward to modern security measures introduced by Railways.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Former world champion boxer Gvozdyk retires
- The former world light heavyweight boxing champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk has
- Gvozdyk won the WBC title in December 2018 when he knocked out Adonis Stevenson, who had held the belt for five years.
- Gvozdyk also won a bronze medal for Ukraine at light heavyweight at the 2012 Olympics.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Manchester United legend Tony Dunne passes away
- Manchester United’s European Cup-winning defender Tony Dunne has passed away aged 78.
- Dunne, who joined United from Irish club Shelbourne in 1960, made 535 appearances for Matt Busby’s side and played an integral role in their European Cup triumph in 1968.
Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput passes away
- Actor Sushant Singh Rajput has passed away at the age of 34 after committing suicide.
- Rajput was known for his roles inKai Po Che!, S. Dhoni: The Untold Story and Sacred Ties. Most recently, he starred in Drive and Chhichhore.
Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore passes away
- Former New Zealand Test cricketer Matt Poore, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Poore scored 355 runs at 15.43 and his highest Test score was 45 against South Africa here in 1953.
- He is remembered for catching a stray dog during a match in Bangalore in 1955 and subsequently taking 12 anti-rabies injection
Former Lok Sabha MP, Banker Madhavrao Patil passes away
- Former Lok Sabha MP and founder of Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank Madhavrao Patil passed away after a brief illness.
- He was a staunch supporter of Sharad Pawar and was among the first to join when the latter formed the Nationalist Congress Party in 1999.
- Patil had won from Nashik Lok Sabha constituency on a Congress ticket in 1998.
Former Bangladesh Minister Mohammad Nasim passes away at 72
- Former Bangladesh Minister and Awami League Presidium member Mohammad Nasim passed away in Dhaka.
- He had suffered a stroke on June 1 and was also found Corona positive initially.
- Mohammed Nasim was elected as Member of Parliament six times. During the 1996 AL government, he served in the ministries of home affairs, housing and public works, and posts and telecommunications.
Noted Uttarakhand folk singer Heera Singh Rana passes away
- Noted folk singer of Uttarakhand Heera Singh Rana passed away at the age of 78 due to a heart attack.
- He began singing in various forums since the age of 15. Recently he was appointed vice-chairman of Garhwal, Kumaoni and Jaunsari Academy by the government of Delhi.
- In 1980s and 1990s, his songs like ‘Rangile Bindi Ghanghri kai dhoti lal kinara yai hai-hair re mijata’ became were very popular among the hilly regions of the state. His song ‘Tyar pahad-myar pahad hoi dukhon ko dyar pahad’ depicted the migration problem of the hills.
Former Head of Publications Division, Surinder Kaur passes away
- Surinder Kaur, former Head of Publications Division and Directorate of Advertising & Visual publicity passed away after a brief illness.
- A senior Indian Information Service Officer of 1968 batch, and wife of former CBI Director late Joginder Singh, she held several important positions in All India Radio News and Press Information Bureau. Mrs. Kaur also served as a Director in Ministry of Home Affairs.
DAILY CA 13th JUNE
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2020- 13th june
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches Sahakar Mitra
- NHAI becomes first construction sector organisation to go ‘Fully Digital’
- Shipping Ministry approves Revised cost estimates to augment Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Petroleum Ministry sets up panel to inquire into Assam oil well disaster incident
- India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held Online Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- RBI proposes upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs, whole-time directors of banks
- SBI relaunches Aadhaar-based online savings account opening facility
- RBI constitutes Internal Working Group to review structure of pvt sector banks
- ‘STREE’ Launched In Hyderabad To Support And Empower Women Against Domestic Violence
- Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt scheme of Flatted Factory Model
- Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
- UP CM Yogi inaugurates ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ in Lucknow
- Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta takes charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command
- 4 candidates from Karnataka, 1 from Arunachal Pradesh elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- Kathy Lueders to become first female head of human spaceflight
- 3 DST institutes among top 30 Indian Institutions in Nature Index
- DRDO develops ‘GermiKlean’ to sanitise uniforms of security forces
- Former Planning Commission Member Vaidyanathan passes away
- Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away at 93
- Vasant Raiji, India’s oldest first-class cricketer, passes away at 100
DAILY CA 14th and 15th JUNE
- World Blood Donor Day- 14th june
- World Wind Day- 15th june
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day- 15th june
- MoS Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 18th Bench of CAT for UTs of J&K, Ladakh
- Govt launches AarogyaPath portal for healthcare supply chain
- IBBI reconstitutes advisory panel on corporate insolvency resolution process
- American DFC to invest $350 million in India firms
- ADB Convenes High-Level Advisory Panel to Support COVID-19 Recovery in Southeast Asia
- RBI bars People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans, accepting deposits for 6 months
- PNB extends credit line of Rs 750 cr for Gorakhpur Link Expressway
- ICICI Bank launches digital overdraft facility
- Airtel Payments Bank launches new salary account for MSMEs
- Facebook Joins Google, Microsoft to fight child exploitation online
- Two US companies buy stake in Jio Platforms for a total of Rs 6,440 crore
- ePaisa joins hand with First Alliance Bank to promote POS solutions in Africa
- 3rd phase of SAUNI scheme to be completed by 2021 to fill Saurashtra dams
- Ghar Ghar Nigrani app launched in Punjab for COVID-19 house-to-house surveillance
- Tata Power signs MoU with MG Motor for EV chargers
- RBI approves re-appointment of Kaizad Bharucha as ED of HDFC Bank
- Monika Kapil Mohta appointed India’s next Ambassador to Switzerland
- India’s first solar ferry sails into global contest
- China’s unmanned submersible sets new record! Dives to world’s deepest ocean point
- Central Railways launches robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ for screening of passengers for COVID-19 and surveillance in Pune
- Scientists discover ‘mirror image’ of the Earth and the Sun 3,000 light-years away
- India’s gets its first infectious disease diagnostic lab
- Central Railway sets up Body Screening Facility ‘FebriEye’ In Mumbai’s CSMT, LTT Stations
- Former world champion boxer Gvozdyk retires
- Manchester United legend Tony Dunne passes away
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput passes away
- Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore passes away
- Former Lok Sabha MP, Banker Madhavrao Patil passes away
- Former Bangladesh Minister Mohammad Nasim passes away at 72
- Noted Uttarakhand folk singer Heera Singh Rana passes away
- Former Head of Publications Division, Surinder Kaur passes away