Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Picnic Day
- International Picnic Day is observed on June 18, every year.
- The day encourages people to spend the day outdoors and enjoy the company of other people. Various charity events are also conducted on this day and schools use this opportunity to organize picnics for their students.
Autistic Pride Day
- Every year, organisations from across the globe celebrate Autistic Pride Day on June 18 with a variety of events.
- The aim of this day is to raise awareness amongst those who are not on the autistic spectrum disorder so they do not see autistic people as requiring treatment, but as unique individuals.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi to launch ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan’ to boost livelihood opportunities in rural India
- The government of India has decided to launch a massive rural public works scheme ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan’ to empower and provide livelihood opportunities to the returnee migrant workers and rural citizens.
- PM Modi will launch this Abhiyaan on June 20 through video-conference in the presence of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
- The Abhiyaan will be launched from Village – Telihar, Block- Beldaur of Khagaria District of Bihar. Further, the Chief Ministers of other five States and Union Ministers of concerned Ministries will also participate in the virtual launch.
- The villages across 116 districts in the six States will join this programme through the Common Service Centres and Krishi Vigyan Kendras, maintaining the norms of social distancing in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Abhiyaan will be a coordinated effort between 12 different Ministries/Departments, namely, Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Road Transport & Highways, Mines, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Environment, Railways, Petroleum & Natural Gas, New & Renewable Energy, Border Roads, Telecom and Agriculture.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India elected as non-permanent member of UN Security Council for a two-year term
- India was elected as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for a two-year term after winning 184 votes in the 193-member General Assembly. Along with India, Ireland, Mexico and Norway also won the Security Council elections. India was a candidate for a non-permanent seat from the Asia-Pacific category for the 2021-22 term. Its victory was certain as it was the sole candidate vying for the lone seat from the grouping. New Delhi’s candidature was unanimously endorsed by the 55-member Asia-Pacific grouping in June last year.
- India’s two year term will begin on January 1, 2021. This is the eighth time that India will sit at the UN high-table, which comprises five permanent members and 10 non-permanent members.
- Earlier this month, External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar had stated that India’s approach at the UN Security Council will be guided by the tenets of Samman, Samvad, Sahyog, Shanti and Samriddhi. He had stated that India’s overall objective during the fresh tenure in the UN Security Council will be the achievement of N.O.R.M.S. which stands for New Orientation for a Reformed Multilateral System.
India pledges to build sanitation facility at Nepal’s Pashupatinath Temple
- India has pledged to construct a Rs 2.33 crore sanitation facility at the iconic Pashupatinath Temple complex to improve the infrastructure in the holy shrine for the pilgrims, according to an official statement.
- The project would be constructed under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri: Development Partnership as a high impact community development scheme by India.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Indian Embassy, Nepal’s Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration and the Kathmandu Metropolitan City for the construction of the sanitation facility at the Pashupatinath Temple, which is also listed under the UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Under the initiative, India has pledged to extend financial assistance amounting to NRs 37.23 million (INR 2.33 crore) for the sanitation facility that would be implemented by the Kathmandu Metropolitan City in accordance with the norms laid out by Government of Nepal in 15 months, according to an statement issued by the Indian Embassy here.
- Pashupatinath Temple is the largest temple complex in Nepal and stretches on both sides of the Bagmati River and sees thousands of worshippers from Nepal and India every day.
- India’s assistance for the infrastructure development at the Pashupatinath Temple complex comes amid a raging border row between the two countries. Nepal’s lower house voted unanimously on a bill to amend the Constitution to incorporate Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura in India’s Uttarakhand to a new political map, a move described by New Delhi as “untenable.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
SEBI panel suggests measures to strengthen enforcement, recovery mechanism
- A SEBI panel suggested measures to strengthen markets watchdog’s enforcement mechanism and improve the system of recovery of siphoned off money.
- The committee headed by former Supreme Court Judge Anil Dave has proposed method of quantification of profit made by the defaulter and loss caused to investors.
- In addition, the committee has examined the insolvency, recovery and securities laws jurisprudence of India and abroad and suggested suitable changes in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code to ensure that insolvency law is not used as a refuge by defaulters, thereby protecting the interest of investors.
- It also made comprehensive recommendations to improve the present system of recovery of siphoned off money.
- The panel also recommended amendment in Intermediaries Regulations to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) It has suggested that a two-tier enquiry process of registration for intermediaries should be replaced with an enquiry process as two stage enquiry does not add much value and in fact causes further delays in the completion of the enquiry proceedings.
- It has been proposed to provide for the opportunity of personal hearing to be given by the designated authority (DA) and not by the designated member (DM).
- At present, the opportunity of personal hearing is granted by the DM, issues relating to inspection of documents and or cross-examination increases at this stage of the enquiry proceeding.
- Currently only four whole time members (WTMs), who also function as the DM, have been appointed to Sebi by the central government.
- Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Tamil Nadu govt’s launches new portal to assist job seekers in post Covid-19 scenario
- The Tamil Nadu government’s Employment and Training department has started a new portal to assist job seekers in the post Covid 19 scenario. The Tamil Nadu Private Jobs portal is a unique venture that aims to connect job seekers with job providers digitally.
- The portal also provides facilities for conducting interviews online. The portal, which was formally launched, is also unique because of the fact that it takes into consideration the needs of the private sector also. Job providers as well as job seekers have been asked to register their names as well as various relevant details at the website address tn.gov.in
- More details of the scheme is available online as well as from the district offices of the Employment and Training department. The initiative assumes added significance against the background of the Prime Minister’s call for the “Vocal about Local” initiative, in which the private sector is also expected to play a significant role.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Turkey’s Volkan Bozkir elected president of 75th UN General Assembly
- The UN General Assembly elected Turkish diplomat Volkan Bozkir to be its president ahead of the 75th General Debate in September.
- In a secret ballot vote Bozkir, who was unopposed for the post, received 178 ballots in support as 11 nations abstained, Anadolu Agency reported.
- Bozkir is currently serving as a Justice and Development (AK) Party lawmaker from Istanbul and head of the Turkish Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee.
- He was elected to the Turkish legislature in 2011 following nearly 40 years in the foreign service that included posts in Germany, Iraq, New York and Romania.
- He also served as Turkey’s Minister of European Affairs and Chief Negotiator.
- Bozkir is the first Turkish national to head the General Assembly. He is expected to take office in September this year and hold the post for one year. Sitting arrangements in the General Assembly Hall change for its session. For the 74th session of 2019-2020, the first seat was occupied by Tijjani Muhammad-Bande from Ghana.
- This year he will lead the annual forum as it prepares to convene in some virtual form for the first time in the UN’s 75-year history due to the coronavirus pandemic.
About UN General Assembly:
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, serving as the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
Developing Asia to ‘barely grow’ in 2020; India’s GDP to contract by 4 per cent this fiscal: ADB
- The Asian Development Bank stated countries in Developing Asia will “barely grow” in 2020, while India’s economy is forecast to contract by 4 per cent this fiscal due to the adverse effect of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Developing Asia’ refers to a group of over 40 countries that are members of the ADB. Excluding the newly industrialised economies of Hong Kong, China; the Republic of Korea; Singapore; and Taipei, China, Developing Asia is forecast to grow 0.4 per cent this year and 6.6 per cent in 2021, it stated.
- Hit hard by COVID-19, South Asia is forecast to contract by 3 per cent in 2020, compared to 4.1 per cent growth predicted in April. Growth prospects for 2021 are revised down to 4.9 per cent from 6 per cent, it stated.
- India’s economy is forecast to contract by 4 per cent in fiscal year (FY) 2020, ending on 31 March 2021, before growing 5 per cent in FY2021 (to be ending March 2022), according to the ADO supplement.
- In the ADO published on April 3, ADB had had projected that India’s economic growth rate will slip to 4 per cent in the current fiscal on account of the global health emergency created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For countries in Developing Asia, ADB forecasts growth of 0.1 for the region in 2020. This is down from the 2.2 per cent forecast in April and would be the slowest growth for the region since 1961, it stated.
- Growth in 2021 is expected to rise to 6.2 per cent, as forecast in April. Gross domestic product (GDP) levels in 2021 will remain below what had been envisioned and below pre-crisis trends.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Bharti Airtel acquires strategic stake in edtech startup Lattu Media
- Bharti Airtel has acquired a 10% stake in Edtech startup Lattu Media Pvt Ltd (Lattu Kids) as part of the Airtel Startup Accelerator Program. Mumbai-based Lattu Kids specializes in digital learning tools for children.
- Lattu Kids app focuses on improving English vocabulary, English reading and maths skills for children under the age of 10 years through entertaining, fun learning animated videos and games.
- It is estimated that in India Edtech will become a $2 billion-plus industry by 2021. The investment will enable Airtel to add Edtech to its premium digital content portfolio and give distribution scale to quality learning material from Lattu Kids.
- Lattu Kids becomes the fourth company to join the Airtel Startup Accelerator Program, which allows start-ups to leverage Airtel’s ecosystem, including its core strengths in data, distribution, networks and payments.
About Bharti Airtel
- CEO: Gopal Vittal
- Founder: Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Jio may capture nearly half the Indian telecom market by FY25: Bernstein
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio is likely to capture 48 per cent of Indian mobile subscriber market share by 2025 with over half a billion users.
- Facebook kicked-off the party, investing Rs 43,573.62 crore to secure 9.99 per cent stake. This was closely followed by a further Rs 60,753.33 crore in investment spread across eight different private equity investors.
- Bernstein expects an initial public offer (IPO) of Jio sometime over the next few years as its market share approaches 50 per cent.
- It projected Jio’s mobile subscriber base to cross 500 million mark in FY23, up from 388 million in FY20. The subscriber base is expected to touch 569 million in FY25 and 609 million in FY28.
- Jio’s market share is expected to rise from 36 per cent in FY20 to 40 per cent in the current fiscal and to 48 per cent in FY25.
TCS, IBM tie up to drive digital and cognitive enterprise transformations
- TCS has collaborated with IBM to assist clients accelerate their digital and cognitive enterprise transformations to the IBM public cloud platform.
- Under the terms of this partnership, TCS and IBM plan to co-develop solutions designed to help clients migrate workloads across applications, analytics, data estate and platforms using IBM Cloud Paks, enterprise-ready software solutions running on Red Hat OpenShift technology.
- Further, TCS will establish an IBM Enterprise Cloud Architecture Unit, which will include technical professionals from both companies. TCS will offer services around IBM’s cloud native and open technologies leveraging the IBM Cloud Pak portfolio, including IBM Cloud Paks for applications, data, integration, automation, multicloud management and security.
- These services can help clients migrate, manage and transform their enterprise workloads and applications on the IBM public cloud.
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Arvind Krishna
- Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States
Infosys joins Amazon’s The Climate Pledge to be net zero carbon
- Bengaluru-based IT major Infosys Ltd has joined The Climate Pledge, an initiative co-founded by e-commerce firm Amazon and environment firm Global Optimism, to make a commitment to meet the Paris Agreement 10 years early.
- The Climate Pledge calls on new signatories to be net zero carbon across their businesses by 2040, a decade ahead of the Paris Accord’s goal of 2050. Amazon plans to announce many more signatories throughout 2020.
- Infosys and other companies that sign The Climate Pledge agree to regularly measure and report greenhouse gas emissions, implement innovation-led de-carbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement, and neutralize any remaining emissions to achieve net zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
- Infosys made a voluntary commitment in 2011, long before the Paris Agreement, to become carbon neutral and is on track to achieve it well ahead of 2040. Infosys is the first signatory to RE100 (the global corporate renewable energy initiative) from India and is committed to completely transitioning to renewable power for its electricity requirements.
- Infosys has already invested in 60 MW of captive solar photovoltaic capacity and nearly 45% of its electricity is coming from renewable sources. Infosys stated in its Annual Sustainability Report 2020 that even while its workforce grew 166% over the last 10 years, its electricity consumption grew only 20%. Infosys’ total global headcount as of 31 March stood at 2,43,454 employees.
- Amazon earlier announced an order of 100,000 electric delivery vehicles from American automaker Rivian to deliver packages to customers by 2021. It plans to have 10,000 of the new electric vehicles on the road as early as 2022 and all 100,000 vehicles on the road by 2030 saving millions of metric tons of carbon per year by 2030.
- CEO & MD– Salil Parekh
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder & CEO– Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
J&K administration wins 3 awards for development of Panchayats
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration was conferred with three prestigious Deen Dayal Upadhyay Sashaktikaran Puraskar (DDUPSP) awards for its outstanding contribution to the socio-economic development of the gram panchayats.
- The awards conferred by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj were given to three different panchayats of the Rajouri and Pulwama districts stated.
- Rathal and Badakana in Rajouri and Meej in Pulwama district were adjudged the best performing panchayats in recognition of their work in improving the delivery of services to the public like sanitation, natural resource management, maintaining record, construction of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Gramin) houses, data management, implementation of agriculture-related schemes and electricity coverage, he stated.
- Jammu and Kashmir administration was earlier awarded three different national awards by the Union Ministry under Nanaji Deshmukhh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar (NDRGGSP), Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) Award, Child-friendly Gram Panchayat Award appreciating the good work done at different levels in the union territory, the spokesperson stated.
- Hailing the efforts of the department, in general, and sarpanchs of these panchayats, in particular, the secretary, department of rural development and panchayati raj, Sheetal Nanda stated, these panchayats have adopted best practices in all the parameters, including providing piped water to the residents, maintaining records, giving scholarships to eligible students, providing employment to poor and marginalised residents.
About Jammu and Kashmir:
- Lieutenant Governor: Girish Chandra Murmu
- Capital: Srinagar (summer) Jammu (winter)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Kazuo Ishiguro to come out with new novel ‘Klara and the Sun’ in March
- Nobel Prize-winning author Kazuo Ishiguro will come out with his new novel ‘Klara and the Sun’ next March.
- This is the story of Klara, an artificial friend with outstanding observational qualities, who, from her place in the store, watches carefully the behaviour of those who come in to browse, and of those who pass in the street outside.
- This is the first novel by Ishiguro since he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature and will be published by Faber & Faber in the UK, Alfred A. Knopf in the US and Knopf in Canada on March 2,
- Ishiguro was born in Nagasaki, Japan, in 1954 and moved to Britain at the age of five. His eight previous works of fiction have earned him many honours around the world, including the Booker Prize.
- His work has been translated into over 50 languages and “The Remains of the Day” and “Never Let Me Go” have been made into acclaimed films.
- He was awarded a knighthood in 2018 for Services to Literature and he holds the decorations of Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres from France and the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star from Japan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Indian Railways installs automated ticket checking machine at Nagpur station
- Central Railway zone has installed a newly innovated ATMA – Automated Ticket Checking & Managing Access machine at the Nagpur railway station.
- The ATMA machine has been introduced at the station under the NINFRIS policy to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Some of the key benefits of this system are automated boarding protocol by ticket checking, human body temperature checking, face mask checking and access to the station.
- ATMA is reduced staff deployment of commercial, RPF as well as medical departments with automation and adequate safety.
- The innovative machine screens the human body temperature of the passengers, whether they are wearing masks, ID proof as well as the PNR of the ticket, ensuring social distancing of both passengers.
- Recently, Indian Railways also introduced a new automated face mask and hand sanitizer dispenser machine at Patna Junction to facilitate those who forgot to carry their sanitizer or mask.
IIT Hyderabad researcher develops AI-based low-cost testing kit
- A team of researcher at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad has developed an affordable AI-based COVID-19 test kit, which may help administration to conduct rapid testing for quick result.
- The testing kit has many features including low cost, easily transportable, and quick results. It takes as many as 20 minutes for giving results for both for symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. In addition, the kit doesn’t does not require RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction).
- The test kit has already been field-tested at ESIC Medical College and Hospital in Hyderabad to check its efficiency.
- Each test costs around Rs. 600 device now. However, mass production of the testing kit will help reduce the cost to around Rs. 350 per test.
- The testing kit has been developed by a team led by Shiv Govind Singh, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Hyderabad.
NASA Scientists Discover Remarkable Cosmic Baby—a 240-year-old Neutron Star
- US Astronomers have discovered a very rare remarkable neutron star which is known as Swift J1818.0−1607 and is estimated to be about 240 years old. A new study published in the Astrophysical Journal confirms that the terrestrial body is a veritable newborn by cosmic standards. The study added that NASA’s Neil Gehrels Swift Observatory spotted the young object on March 12, when it released a massive burst of X-rays. The European Space Agency’s XMM-Newton observatory and NASA’s NuSTAR telescope did a follow up study which is led by Caltech and managed by the agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which revealed the cosmic baby’s physical characteristics.
- As per NASA’s website, A neutron star is an incredibly dense nugget of stellar material left over after a massive star goes supernova and explodes. In fact, they’re some of the densest objects in the universe (second only to black holes): A teaspoon of neutron star material would weigh 4 billion tons on Earth. The atoms inside a neutron star are smashed together so tightly, they behave in ways not found anywhere else. Swift J1818.0−1607 packs twice the mass of our Sun into a volume more than one trillion times smaller.
- It added, With a magnetic field up to 1,000 times stronger than a typical neutron star — and about 100 million times stronger than the most powerful magnets made by humans — Swift J1818.0−1607 belongs to a special class of objects called magnetars, which are the most magnetic objects in the universe. And it appears to be the youngest magnetar ever discovered. If its age is confirmed, that means light from the stellar explosion that formed it would have reached Earth around the time that George Washington became the first president of the United States.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Bayern Munich wins 8th straight Bundesliga title
- Bayern Munich secured its eighth successive German Bundesliga title with two games to spare after beating Werder Bremen 1-0 with a goal from Robert Lewandowski.
- Bayern powered to its 30th German title with a perfect record of seven wins in the Bundesliga since it resumed last month in empty stadiums amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Former India Football Captain IM Vijayan Recommended For Padma Shri
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has recommended former skipper IM Vijayan for Padma Shri, the country’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- The 51-year-old former India striker, who scored 40 goals in 79 matches for India since making his debut in early 90s.
- He was awarded the Arjuna award in 2003. He was also awarded the Indian ‘Player of the Year’ in 1993, 1997 and 1999.
About All India Football Federation:
- President: Praful Patel
- Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi
Asian Youth Para Games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021
- The Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) announced that Bahrain will host the fourth edition of the Asian Youth Para Games from December 1 to 10
- An estimated 800 athletes under 20 years of age are expected to compete in nine sports including athletics, badminton, powerlifting, swimming and table tennis.
- The competition will take place across numerous venues in Khalifa Sports City, a multi-use stadium in Isa Town, and Isa Sports City, the national indoor facility.
- This will be the first time that Bahrain will host a big para-sport event and the national body is determined to use the Games as a platform to develop Paralympic movement in the Kingdom.
- Chairman of the Bahrain Paralympic Committee, Shaikh Mohammed bin Duaij Al Khalifa
- Headquarters– Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE)
- President– Majid Rashed, UAE
Sports Ministry all set to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence
- The Sports Ministry is all set to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence under the Khelo India Scheme. One such centre will be identified in each State and Union Territory with an aim to create a robust sporting ecosystem in the entire country. In the first leg, the Ministry has identified state-owned sports facilities in eight states including Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Telengana, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland which will be upgraded into Khelo India State Centre of Excellence.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju stated, these centres are being established to strengthen India’s pursuit for excellence in Olympics. He stated, the effort is to scale up the best sporting facilities available in each state into academies of world-class standard. Mr. Rijiju stated, the sporting facilities have been identified after in-depth analysis by a government committee. He expressed confidence that this step will tap the talents from across the country and will prove beneficial in training of athletes.
- The State and Union Territory will run the centre and build capacity to turn it into the world-class sporting facility. They will be responsible for all aspects of management of the centre including, boarding, lodging and maintenance, while funds for expert coaches, supporting staff, equipments, infrastructure will be extended through the Khelo India Scheme.
About Sports Ministry:
- Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- Constituency: Arunachal West
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Goa minister Achyut Usgaonkar passes away
- Former Goa minister Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar passed away following age-related ailments. He was 92.
- He served as a cabinet minister from August 13, 1977 to April 27, 1979 in the then Shashikala Kakodkar government of Goa, Daman and Diu.
- Before serving as a minister, Achyut Usgaonkar was the deputy speaker of Goa during the Dayanand Bandodkar-led government.
Odisha’s Balasore Sadar MLA Madan Mohan passes away at 62
- Balasore Sadar MLA of BJP Madan Mohan Dutta passed away.
- He who was elected to the Assembly for the first time in 2019 was ailing from several diseases including kidney problems.
Tamil Nadu CM’s private secretary Damodharan passes away due to Covid-19
- A Senior official B J Damodharan passed away due to Covid-19.
- Damodharan working as Private Secretary in Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami’s office.
DAILY CA 17th JUNE
- International Day of Family Remittances- 16th june
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought- 17th june
- AIIB approves $750 million loan for India’s COVID-19 response
- Vivendi partners My Earth Concert for Kids initiative in cooperation with UNICEF
- EPFO launches multi location claim settlement facility
- India’s foreign exchange reserves cross $500 bn for the first time
- Maruti Suzuki partners with Karur Vysya Bank for flexible financing schemes
- Students in West Bengal Have Built ‘Ayurvedic Sanitisation Tunnel’ for Their School
- Odisha’s unique festival Raja Parba begins
- UP cabinet gives nod to set up workers welfare commission
- Andhra Pradesh: Rs 6,885.60 cr allocated for ‘Rytu Bharosa-PM Kisan’ scheme in agriculture Budget
- Kevin Roberts steps down, Nick Hockley appointed interim Cricket Australia CEO
- PayU appoints Shantanu Preetam as CTO
- D K Jain gets one year extension as BCCI ethics officer and ombudsman
- DDS wins Monaco Foundation Award
- ZestMoney awarded as technology pioneer by World Economic Forum
- India sets up first mobile Covid-testing lab
- Germany Launches Coronavirus App as EU Eyes Travel Revival
- New fish species discovered in Arunachal Pradesh
- 500-year-old Odisha Temple Submerged in Mahanadi River Resurfaces
- UP becomes top state in country to provide employment to workers under MGNREGA
- India’s data consumption may touch 25 GB per month per user by 2025: Ericsson
- India ranked 43rd on IMD’s World Competitiveness Index; Singapore on top
- India, China increased nuclear weapons since last year: SIPRI
- Veteran journalist, freedom fighter Dinu Randive passes away
- Former Eastern Army Commander Lt Gen RM Vohra passes away
- Former BJP MP Haribhau Jawale passes away
DAILY CA 18th JUNE
- International Picnic Day- 18th june
- Autistic Pride Day- 18th june
- PM Modi to launch ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan’ to boost livelihood opportunities in rural India
- India elected as non-permanent member of UN Security Council for a two-year term
- India pledges to build sanitation facility at Nepal’s Pashupatinath Temple
- Sebi panel suggests measures to strengthen enforcement, recovery mechanism
- Tamil Nadu govt’s launches new portal to assist job seekers in post Covid-19 scenario
- Turkey’s Volkan Bozkir elected president of 75th UN General Assembly
- Developing Asia to ‘barely grow’ in 2020; India’s GDP to contract by 4 per cent this fiscal: ADB
- Bharti Airtel acquires strategic stake in edtech startup Lattu Media
- Jio may capture nearly half the Indian telecom market by FY25: Bernstein
- TCS, IBM tie up to drive digital and cognitive enterprise transformations
- Infosys joins Amazon’s The Climate Pledge to be net zero carbon
- J&K administration wins 3 awards for development of Panchayats
- Kazuo Ishiguro to come out with new novel ‘Klara and the Sun’ in March
- Indian Railways installs automated ticket checking machine at Nagpur station
- IIT Hyderabad researcher develops AI-based low-cost testing kit
- NASA Scientists Discover Remarkable Cosmic Baby—a 240-year-old Neutron Star
- Bayern Munich wins 8th straight Bundesliga title
- Former India Football Captain IM Vijayan Recommended For Padma Shri
- Asian Youth Para Games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021
- Sports Ministry all set to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence
- Former Goa minister Achyut Usgaonkar passes away
- Odisha’s Balasore Sadar MLA Madan Mohan passes away at 62
- Tamil Nadu CM’s private secretary Damodharan passes away due to Covid-19