IBPS PO Selection Process 2018 – In Detail

0
(0)

IBPS PO Selection Process – IBPS exam is one of the most familiar exams even to the non-banking aspirants. More than millions of candidates from all over India will take part in the examination. The selection process is to test the logical and mental ability and also the quick and appropriate response from the candidates even in the critical situations. Only a few thousand prominent candidates are scrutinized from the millions of candidates. IBPS PO Selection procedure includes three stages to filter the prominent candidates. Preliminary exam and the main exam are the phase one written examination. And the final phase will be the Personal Interview. Take look on the depth of IBPS PO Selection Process in the following.

IBPS PO Selection Process

Phase-I Preliminary Examination:

The preliminary exam is to scrutinize the candidates for the next stage of the selection process. The marks secured in this examination is not calculated in the merit list.

  • In Prelims, there are three sections namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
  • The number of questions asked in English Section is 30, in Quantitative Aptitude is 35 and in Reasoning Ability is 35.
  • Each question carries one marks.
  • Negative marking of 0.25 mark is for the wrong answers.
  • 20 minutes time allotted for each section.

Name of the SubjectNo. of QuestionsMaximum MarksDuration
English Language303020 minutes
Quantitative Aptitude353520 minutes
Reasoning Ability353520 minutes
Total1001001 hour 

Phase-I Main Examination: 

  • In the Main examination, there are four sections under namely Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General Economy & Banking Awareness.
Name of the TestNo. of QuestionsMaximum MarksDuration
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude456060 minutes
English Language354040 minutes
Data Analysis & Interpretation356045 minutes
General Economy & Banking Awareness404035 minutes
Total155200180 minutes

Descriptive Examination:

Name of the TestNo. of QuestionsMaximum MarksDuration
English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)22530 minutes

Phase II – Personal Interview:

  • Personal Interview is the final selection process.
  • 100 marks allotted for the interview process.
  • The IBPS Authorities decision will be final.

To qualify this round the minimum qualifying marks is 40 out of 100 for General Category candidates. And 35 is the minimum qualifying marks for all other candidates.

How is the final Cut-off Calculated?

  • 80% weightage is given to the Main examination out of 225 (as per 2017-18) and the equipercentile score is calculated, then the remaining 20% weightage is given to the interview that is out of 100.
  • And the normalized Main Examination score and interview score is calculated for the final Cut-off marks.

Click Here for Official Notification

0 / 5. Reviews 0

Be the first to rate this post.

IBPSGuide Recommends Affairs Cloud Current affairs PDF