States and Capitals of India
Dear Spartans, for every competitive exam like SSC, UPSC, Railway etc you are having the sections of aptitude, reasoning, English, general awareness. For banking and insurance exams there is additionally having one section namely computer awareness.
In competitive exams, general awareness is the one only easily scoring part for everyone because in general awareness sections you will get the question from what you prepared for the exams.
Mostly the general awareness section having subtopics of current affairs and static Gk. In these subtopics, we can score easily in static Gk. Because current affairs will get changing day by day but Static Gk topics will never get changed.
So Spartans who are all preparing for competitive exams should spend more time on general awareness to get good marks.
In that particular static Gk topic, states and capitals of India is one of the most important topics for every competitive exam. States and capitals of India topic play a vital role in every competitive exam. Not in exam point of view, every citizen should know the states and capitals of India.
So if you prepared well in this States and Capitals of India topic means surely there is a possibility for getting 1 mark in your exams. There is a possibility for 1 question from this states and capitals of India topic.
Important points about our States and Capitals of India
- India is the 7th largest country in accordance with the area.
- 2nd largest country in accordance with the population.
- India is also known as the Republic of India.
- Delhi is the capital of our India.
- Delhi is also called as National Capital Region (NCR)
- Total area covered is 32,87,263Sq km.
- Three sides of India is fully covered by the Indian Ocean, the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea.
- In defence service India having the second largest military system in the world.
- India is having 29 states and 7 Union territories which is under the control of the parliamentary system.
- India’s motto is “Satyameva Jayate” (in Sanskrit) which was translated into English as “Truth Alone Triumphs”.
- India’s National Anthem is “Jana Gana Mana” which was composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
- National Song is “Vanthe Matharam”.
- The largest city in our India is Mumbai.
- Mumbai is the most populous city in India.
- Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state in India.
- Sikkim has the least populous state in India.
- Majuli Island is the largest river island situated in Assam.
- Indian flag having tricolour namely Saffron (at the top), White with a navy blue wheel having 24 spokes (in the middle) and India Green (in the bottom). This was designed by Pingali venkayya.
- Sarnath Lion Capital is the emblem of India.
- National Calendar is Saka.
- National animal for land is Tiger. For aquatic River Dolphin.
- The national bird is Indian peafowl.
- The national flower is Lotus.
- National fruit is Mango.
- Our National tree is Banyan.
- National River is Ganga.
States and Capitals of India – National Capital
India is a Federal union holding with 29 States and 7 Union Territory. New Delhi is officially announced as National Capital of India also commonly called NCR (National Capital Region).
|Capital of India||New Delhi|
States and Capitals of India
India is a union of States and also second populous country across the world located in South Asia. Globally know India has culture and traditional values. India Compressed with 29 States and 7 Union Territories. There was a proposal of splitting Andhra Pradesh into AP & Telangana. After 02nd June 2014, the proposal of Telangana has been established and the capital of Telangana is Hyderabad. The AP State capital has changed into Amaravati which is located in Guntur district. Here you can get overwhelmed information about States and capitals of India. Also, you can get current updates and changes on States and capitals of India.
|List of States and Capitals of India|
|States of India||Capitals|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar: Summer (Jammu: Winter)|
States and Capitals of India – Union Territories
There are 7 Union Territories available across India. Union territories are ruled directly by the Central Government of India.
|Union Territories & National Capital Territory||Capitals|
|Delhi (National Capital Territory of Delhi or NCT)||New Delhi|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Silvasa|
|Daman & Diu||Daman|
Here we provide the complete collections of India along with States and Capitals of India. Hope this states and capitals of India article will be useful for everyone who are preparing for exams. Kindly utilize this free article increase your confidence and score good marks in your exams.
Important – Related Links
|Airports in India||Cabinet Ministers of India|
|Tricks to Remember Airports||Dams in India|
|Tricks to Remember Seaports||Tricks to Remember Dams|
/ 5. Reviews