Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Reading Day
- National Reading Day is observed on June 19. The celebration is marked in the honour of the father of the Library Movement, the late P N Panicker. Puthuvayil Narayana Panicker is famously known as the Father of the Library Movement in the state of Kerala.
- The following week will be celebrated as the Reading Week, while the entire month till July 18 will be marked as the Reading Month.
International Yoga Day
- Every year, June 21 is recognised as International Yoga Day.
- However, this year, due to social distancing measures adopted by most countries, the theme set by the United Nations is “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”.
- The proposal to observe Yoga Day was introduced by PM Modi in his address during the opening of the 69th Session of the General Assembly back in
International Father’s Day
- Every year, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June to acknowledge the many roles a father plays in his child’s life. This year, it will be celebrated on June 21.
- Father’s day is celebrated in many parts of the world at different times of the year, mostly in March, May, and June.
World Music Day
- TheWorld Music Day is celebrated every year on June 21 in over 120 countries including its country of origin France where it is known as ‘Fête de la Musique‘ meaning “festival of music” to honor both amateur and professional musicians.
- The day is celebrated to promote peace and spread goodwill through music.
World Hydrography Day
- The International Hydrographic Organization ( IHO ) and its international members celebrate World Hydrography Day every year onJune 21.
- TheWorld Hydrography Day theme for 2020 is ‘Hydrography – enabling autonomous technologies’.
- It aims at discussing and creating awareness about the role hydrographycan play to support autonomous technologies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi launches Rs 50,000 cr Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan for migrant workers
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a massive rural public works scheme, the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, to create jobs for millions of migrant workers who returned home during the coronavirus pandemic.
- PM Modi launched the scheme worth Rs 50,000 crorethrough video conference in presence of Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar and deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
- Chief ministers of other five states and Union ministers of concerned ministries participated in the virtual launch from Telihar village in Khagaria district of Bihar.
- The campaign of 125 days across 116 districts in six states aims to work in mission mode to help migrant workers.
- The programme will cover 116 districts across Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha. All these districts have received more than 25,000 migrant workers during the lockdown.
- It will involve intensified and focused implementation of 25 different types of works to provide jobs and create infrastructure in the rural regions of the country with a resource envelope of Rs 50,000 crore.
- The scheme will be a coordinated effort between 12 different ministries or departments—rural development, panchayati raj, road transport and highways, mines, drinking water and sanitation, environment, railways, petroleum and natural gas, new and renewable energy, border roads, telecom and agriculture.
- Laying of fibre optics cable, railway works, rurban mission jobs, sanitation works, waste management, poultry, farm ponds and training through Krishi Vigyan Kendras will be given to the migrant workers under the programme.
- The campaign may be extended to other states or districts which witnesses migrant returnees above 25,000.
Niti Aayog forms panel to develop job platform for migrant labours
- Government think tank Niti Aayog has formed a panel including top officials of tech companies like Google, Microsoft and Tech Mahindra to develop a job platform for migrant labours, according to sources involved in the project.
- The move comes at a time when a huge number of migrant workers have lost their jobs during the lockdown period.
- The goal is to develop a platform that can help blue-collar workers find job opportunities in their own language and location, an industry source.
- The platform will connect job seekers, employers, government agencies, skill centres and external partners using new-age technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning, the source stated.
- Niti Aayog under the leadership of its CEO, Amitabh Kant has formed a high-powered committee to drive public and private partnership in order to engage and develop technologies that can solve this looming crisis and provide better job opportunities to the migrant workers, the source stated.
- The panel has some prominent names from the industry including Reliance Industries President Kiran Thomas, Microsoft India President Anant Maheshwari, Tech Mahindra MD and CEO CP Gurnani, Google India country manager and vice president Sanjay Gupta, Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal, among others.
- As per estimates, there are over 40 crore workers in the unorganized sector accounting for around 30 per cent of India’s GDP and nearly 60 per cent of these migrant workers are either semi-skilled or unskilled who struggle everyday to find the right job opportunity.
- The platform will cover the digital divide by providing these workers with an opportunity to find jobs, acquire requisite skillsets, find training centres that will provide them with the opportunity to train in their local language. This will also help the job providers with addressing their specific category of labour and worker requirements, location-based searches and adequate reference checks, the source stated.
- The project would come up with a multilingual application that can be accessed via feature phones and help identify location-based jobs, skill development gaps.
About NITI Aayog:
- Headquarters– New Delhi.
- Chairperson– Narendra Modi.
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO)- Amitabh Kant.
- Vice Chairperson– Rajiv Kumar.
Decarbonising Transport: International Project to Develop Pathway to Low-CO2 Mobility for India
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF) will launch the “Decarbonising Transport in India” project, with the intention to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
- India has been a member of ITF, an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy, since 2008.
- ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim and NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will open the public online launch event. Senior officials of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, and ITF will also be present.
- The online event will inform transport and climate stakeholders in India about planned project activities. It will also offer the opportunity to provide inputs regarding India’s transport challenges and how they relate to CO2 reduction ambitions. The discussion will help to focus the project further on India’s specific needs and circumstances.
- The “Decarbonising Transport in India” project will design a tailor-made transport emissions assessment framework for India. It will provide the government with a detailed understanding of current and future transport activity and the related CO2 emissions as a basis for their decision-making.
- The India project is carried out in the wider context of the International Transport Forum’s Decarbonising Transport initiative. It is part of the Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies (DTEE) family of projects, which supports transport decarbonisation across different world regions.
- India, Argentina, Azerbaijan, and Morocco are current participants. The DTEE is a collaboration between the ITF and the Wuppertal Institute, supported by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
About The International Transport Forum (ITF):
- The International Transport Forum (ITF) is an inter-governmental organisation within the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) system. It is the only global body with a mandate for all modes of transport. It acts as a think tank for transport policy issues and organises the annual global summit of transport ministers.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Secretary-General :Young Tae Kim
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
France commits 200 million Euros for India’s Covid response
- France and India signed an agreement with Paris committing 200 million euros to support Delhi’s Covid response.
- The credit financing agreement was signed by Dr C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary – DEA, and Bruno Bosle, Director – AFD (French Development Agency) in India in the virtual presence of Emmanuel Lenain, Ambassador of France to India.
- Through this loan, France will work with India to increase the state and central governments’ capacities to support the country’s most vulnerable people in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
- The programme seeks to protect essential frontline workers of the pandemic, including those in healthcare, sanitation, and security, by providing them with health insurance. Social assistance programmes will also be put in place for migrant workers and low-income urban households that may be unable to seek compensation under PMGKY. The World Bank is the lead funder of this programme, which is supported by AFD and other multilateral and bilateral development banks.
- Agence Française de Développement (AFD – French Development Agency) Group is a public financial institution that finances, supports and accelerates transitions towards a more just and sustainable world.
- Capital: Paris
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
One billion children experience violence every year as countries fail to protect them: UN report
- Half of the world’s children — one billion every year — are affected by physical, sexual or psychological violence, suffering injuries and death because countries have failed to follow established strategies to protect them, the first report of its kind from the UN has stated, with experts noting that the coronavirus-related lockdowns have left far too many youngsters stuck with their abusers.
- While nearly all countries (88%) have laws in place to protect minors, less than half (47%) say they strongly enforce them, stated the Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020 launched.
- Because countries have failed to follow established strategies to protect children, about one billion are affected each year by physical, sexual or psychological violence, it stated.
- The report — launched by the World Health Organisation, the UNICEF, the UNESCO, the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Violence against Children and the End Violence Partnership — chartered progress in 155 countries against the “INSPIRE” framework, a set of seven strategies for preventing and responding to violence against children.
- The report signalled a clear need in all countries to scale up efforts to implement them. It included the first ever global homicide estimates specifically for children under 18 years of age — previous estimates were based on data that included 18 to 19-year olds.
- According to the findings, in 2017, around 40,000 children were victims of homicide.
- Headquarter– New York, United States (US)
- Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
- Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
- Director general– Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- Chief Scientist– Soumya Swaminathan
- Headquarter– Paris, France
- Director-General– Audrey Azoulay
EXIM Bank extends USD 20.1 mn credit line to Nicaragua govt
- Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) stated it has extended a line of credit (LOC) of USD 20.10 million to the government of Nicaragua for reconstruction of Aldo Chavarria Hospital.
- With signing of this agreement, EXIM Bank, so far, has extended four LOCs to Nicaragua, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value to USD 87.63 million, a release stated.
- Projects covered under the LOCs include supply of equipment for building two substations, construction of transmission lines, building new substation, expansion of the existing substations and reconstruction of a hospital.
- Post the signing of this LOC agreement, EXIM Bank has now in place 261 LOCs, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the CIS, with credit commitments of around USD 25.70 billion, available for financing exports from India.
About EXIM Bank:
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– David Rasquinha
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Yes Bank partners Affordplan to launch co-branded cashless healthcare card
- Yes Bank has partnered with fintech startup Affordplan to launch a co-branded health card to address healthcare needs.
- The co-branded healthcare card will enable families plan and manage their finances for their healthcare needs.
- Yes Bank’s wallet has also been integrated on Affordplan Swasth to enable wallet QR scan for making payments to merchant partners empanelled on the app.
- People will be able to get a goal-based savings projection chart for medical treatment based on treatment input, access healthcare services and treatments at a discounted price.
- The co-branded card will have flexible recharges from Rs 100 up to a maximum balance of Rs 1 lakh.
About Yes Bank
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: Experience our Expertise
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Amazon to host Small Business Day on June 27 to help SME sellers
- E-commerce major Amazon will host the third edition of its sale event Small Business Day (SBD) 2020 on June 27 to help small businesses, artisans, weavers, micro-entrepreneurs and start-ups rebound from economic disruption created by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The sale, which will coincide with the Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSME) Day, will offer customers the opportunity to discover and purchase unique and hard-to-find products from start-ups, women entrepreneurs, artisans and weavers under its various programmes such as Local Shops, Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Saheli, and Amazon Karigar.
- Products across categories, including work from home essentials, regional weaves in fashion, hand-crafted accessories and footwear, wall decor and hangings, idols and figurines, kitchenware, and sports essentials will be available in several theme stores like ‘India Bazaar’, ‘Budget Buys’ and ‘Bestsellers’ among others
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
Hyundai Motor India partners with HDFC Bank to offer online car loans on Click to Buy
- Hyundai Motor India has announced a partnership with HDFC Bank to offer online auto retail financing solutions to the customers on its Click to Buy digital car buying platform. A customer can purchase any Hyundai vehicle, including 2020 Creta, 2020 Verna, Venue, Elite i20, Grand i10 Nios and Santro, through the Click to Buy platform.
- Under the partnership, the customers will be offered customised car financing solutions from HDFC Bank on the Click to Buy online car buying platform. The customers can now get loans without physically visiting any branch of HDFC Bank.
- The partnership with Hyundai Motor India is in line with our belief that a digital eco-system needs to be created to enhance customer experience, particularly in the current environment. An eco-system that brings OEMs, dealerships and financiers together and enables a customer to purchase a new car sitting in the comfort of their homes, Country Head for Retail Lending at HDFC Bank Arvind Kapil stated.
About Hyundai Motors:
- Headquarters–Seoul, South Korea
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO): Chung Mong-koo
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Deepak S. Parekh
Biocon ties up with DKSH to distribute 7 products in Singapore, Thailand
- Bio-technology major Biocon stated it has signed an agreement with market expansion services provider DKSH for distribution of seven generic products in Singapore and Thailand.
- Biocon Pharma Ltd, a subsidiary of the bio-tech firm, and DKSH Business Unit Healthcare, have inked an agreement in this regard, Biocon Ltd stated in a statement.
- Under the terms of the pact, DKSH will gain an exclusive license to register and commercialise the seven generic formulations from various therapeutic areas like diabetology, cardiology, oncology and immunology, which will be sold under Biocon’s brand in Singapore and Thailand, it added.
- DKSH will manage marketing and sales as well as logistics for Biocon Pharma, helping drive sales growth through its capabilities and strengths in the medical and pharmacy channels, Biocon stated.
- The company’s generic formulations pipeline comprises of difficult-to-make, complex molecules and leverages strong track record of quality and reliability of supplies to patients and customers.
- DKSH together with Biocon Pharma can help a lot of patients in Asia who require advanced therapies for chronic diseases, he added.
- CEO: Arun Suresh Chandavarkar
- Founder: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Jharkhand to launch job guarantee scheme for urban poor
- Jharkhand is set to launch a 100-day employment scheme for urban unskilled workers similar to the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) amid the coronavirus pandemic and increasing unemployment.
- The scheme will be known as Mukhyamantri SHRAMIK (Shahri Rozgar Manjuri For Kamgar) Yojna, which is aimed at enhancing livelihood security for urban poor.
- Jharkhand will be the second state in the country after Kerala to launch an employment guarantee scheme for the urban poor. Kerala runs Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (AUEGS).
- Like MGNREGS, the scheme will also have a provision for unemployment allowance, if any urban local body fails to provide work to job seekers within 15 days.
- A worker will be entitled to one-fourth of the wages for the first 30 days of unemployment and it will be half in the second month. If the worker does not get a job for third, they will be entitled to equal to basic minimum wage.
- The scheme will be conducted by the urban development and housing department through the state urban livelihood mission. Municipal commissioners, executive offices or special officer of municipal bodies will be the nodal officer of the scheme.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Draupadi Murmu
NGT imposes Rs 10 lakh fine on Karnataka government over pollution in Bengaluru’s Kithiganahalli Lake
- The NGT has imposed an interim penalty of Rs 10 lakh on the Karnataka government over pollution in the Kithiganahalli Lake, near Bommasandra suburb in Bengaluru, saying criminal offence is being committed by the authorities in not stopping the discharge of pollutants into the water bodies.
- A bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel also slapped a fine of Rs 5 lakh on the municipal council of Bommasandra for failure to discharge its duties.
- Discharge of untreated sewage into water bodies causes a huge damage and the prevention of the same is the duty of the state authorities as the trustees of people’s rights.
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company starts Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment
- In Madhya Pradesh, the Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has started the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment in one of its kind of initiatives. In this scheme, women Self-Help Groups at Gram Panchayat level will work as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra.
- This scheme will increase the revenue collection of the company as well as women will also earn extra. This scheme has been implemented in all the Gram Panchayats of all 16 districts of Bhopal, Narmadapuram, Gwalior and Chambal divisions of the company’s jurisdiction.
- Under the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra scheme, women Self-Help Groups will motivate consumers to pay bills online or through the UPAY App, redress of various complaints of consumers like faulty meters and provide new connections through online processes.
- Apart from this, they will also help the company to provide information about the electricity theft and illegal use of electricity. The company will pay an incentive to Nishtha Vidyut Mitra for recovery of dues and new connections.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
National champion Niki Poonacha elected to ITF panel
- National champion Niki Poonacha has been elected to the International Tennis Federation (ITF) men’s player panel and will represent the Asia-Oceania zone along with Ti Chen of Chinese Taipei.
- The ITF also has a women’s player panel with Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan from Asia.
- The men’s and women’s panels will be headed by Mark Woodforde and Mary Pierce, respectively.
- President/CEO– David Haggerty
- Headquarters– London, United Kingdom
Tata Sons’ Chandrasekaran re-nominated to RBI central board
- The Central government has re-nominated Natarajan Chandrasekaran as a part-time non-official director on the Reserve Bank of India’s central board, for a further period of two years beyond March 3, 2020, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- The RBI made the announcement regarding Chandrasekaran’s re-nomination on June 21.
- The government had first nominated Chandrasekaran, Chairman of the Board of Tata Sons since January 2017, as Director on the central board of directors of the RBI for a period of four years with effect from March 4, 2016 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- The RBI’s central board currently has 15 directors, including the Governor and three Deputy Governors.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Indian officials attend virtual EAG plenary meet in June
- Indian officials, including representatives from enforcement agencies, attended the virtual 32nd special Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG) plenary meeting, under the aegis of the Financial Action Task Force.
- The EAG is a regional body comprising nine countries: India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Belarus. It is an associate member of the FATF.
- Pakistan, which continues to remain on the “grey list” of FATF, had earlier been given the deadline till the June plenary to ensure compliance with the 27-point action plan against terror funding networks and money laundering syndicates, or face “black listing”.
- The virtual meet, chaired by the EAG Chairman Yury Chikhanchin (Russian Federation) and the EAG Deputy Chairman Mr. Farhod Bilolov (Republic of Tajikistan).
- Headquarters– Paris, France
- Membership– 39
- President– Xiangmin Liu
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mukesh Ambani 9th among top-10 richest men
- RIL’s market capitalisation crossing the Rs 11-trillion mark, its chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani became the ninth-richest billionaire globally on the Forbes Real-time Billionaires List with a net worth of $64.6 billion.
- Jeff Bezos owns an 11.1 per cent stake of his e-commerce colossus Amazon, topped the list with net worth $160.1 billion.
Top 10 billionaires
- Jeff Bezos- $160.1 billion
- Bill Gates- $108.7 billion
- Bernard Arnault & family- $103.2 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg- $87.9 billion
- Warren Buffett- $71.4 billion
- Steve Ballmer- $68.9 billion
- Larry Ellison- $68.9 billion
- Amancio Ortega- $65.8 billion
- Mukesh Ambani- $64.6 billion
- Larry Page- $64.3 billion
India becomes 12th largest holder of US govt securities
- India became the 12th largest holder of US government securities at the end of April, with holding worth $157.4 billion.
- It is released by US Treasury Department.
- At the end of April, Japan remained the country with the maximum exposure at USD 1.266 trillion, followed by China ($1.073 trillion) and the UK ($368.5 billion) at the second and third positions, respectively.
- India, which was at the 13th place in March, climbed to the 12th position in April. This was on account of Saudi Arabia coming down to the 15th spot after the major oil producing country drastically trimmed its exposure to $125.3 billion.
- The American government securities are held by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as it invests in foreign assets as part of its prudential liquidity management.
RIL 57th most valuable firm globally by market-cap; Saudi Aramco tops chart
- Reliance Industries (RIL) became the first Indian company to be valued at $150 billion with the stock hitting a fresh all-time high of Rs 1,804 on the BSE. Over the past three months, the RIL stock has doubled – from a low of Rs 883.85 hit on March 23 as compared to a 35 per cent rise in the S&P BSE Sensex.
- The up move in RIL has been triggered by a series of investments in its telecom business vertical – Reliance Platforms – by marquee global companies and investors that include Facebook, Silver Lake Partners, KKR, General Atlantic, Mubadala, and TPG. In the process, RIL has become net-debt free much ahead of its deadline to achieve this status by March 2021.
- The oil-to-telecom conglomerate now stands at 57th position in the overall market capitalisation (market-cap) ranking of listed companies globally. It ranked at 104th position as on March 24, 2020, and at the 70th position at the beginning of the current calendar year 2020, Bloomberg data show.
- RIL, the only Indian company, is currently featuring in the top 100 list of most valued global companies. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) ranked at 104th position and HDFC Bank which is at 149th position in the overall market-cap ranking.
- Following stellar gains in its share price, RIL became the first Indian firm to achieve the milestone of crossing Rs 11 trillion market valuation mark and the fourth most-valued firm in the energy sector globally by market-cap – only after Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco), and US firms Exxon Mobil Corp (market-cap around $194 billion; ranked 40th globally) and Chevron Corp (market-cap around $169 billion; ranked 51st globally).
About Reliance Industries Limited:
- CEO: Mukesh Ambani
- Headquarters: Mumbai
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Annular solar eclipse with majestic Ring of Fire, witnessed in several parts of India
- The country witnessed a rare celestial event, an annular solar eclipse on 21st june. The annular ‘ring of fire’ solar eclipse, wherein the Sun appears like a ring of fire, is visible in different parts of the country.
- The solar eclipse took place on the summer solstice, which is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The rare celestial event occurs, when the Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth and the shadow falls on the surface of the Earth.
- The Sun is entirely covered by the Moon for a brief period. Those places that are engulfed by the dark, dense umbral shadow of the Moon experience the total solar eclipse.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Prof Kirk Smith passes away
- ProfKirk Smith was a professor of global KEM hospital environmental health at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health and Director of the Collaborative Clean Air Policy Centre in New Delhi.
- He passed away following a stroke and cardiac arrest.
Iraqi football legend Ahmad Radhi passes away after battling COVID-19
- Iraqi football legend Ahmed Radhi has passed away after diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Radhi, a striker, led Iraq to victory in the Gulf Cups of 1984 and 1988, when he was voted Asian footballer of the year.
Legendary Indian left-arm spinner Rajinder Goel passes away
- India’s finest left-arm spinner, Rajinder Goel passed away aged 77 after battling long-term illness.
- In 2017, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) honoured Rajinder Goel with the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Rajinder Goel never played for India but was regarded as a fine left-arm spinner who played during the era of Bishan Singh Bedi.
Ex-Indian kabaddi player Ilaiah passes away
- Former Indian kabaddi player M Ilaiah Yadav passed away.
- Ilaiah, who also captained the State team, retired from GHMC service.
DAILY CA 19th JUNE
- Sustainable Gastronomy Day-18th june
- World Sickle Cell Day-19th june
- World Sauntering Day- 19th june
- India will be global manufacturing hub for electric vehicles in five years
- PM Modi launches auction of coal mines for commercial mining
- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches India’s First Mobile I-LAB
- Climate Change Tracker: India’s first ever climate change assessment
- India will be United Nations Security Council President for August 2021
- Karnataka Bank launches COVID-19 health insurance in partnership with Universal Sompo
- ICICI Home Finance launches affordable housing loan scheme SARAL
- Bank of Baroda to completely digitise lending operations
- RBI proposes to increase minimum Net Owned Fund size of HFCs
- Saudi Arabia’s PIF buys 2.32% stake in Jio for Rs 11,367 crore
- Zomato’s new startup to offer mental health online
- BP to set up major new global business services centre in Pune
- Karnataka Observes Mask Day on June 18th
- J-K agri dept to be called Agriculture Production & Farmers Welfare Department
- RBI approves re-appointment of Prakash Chandra as non-exec Chairman of RBL Bank
- Kubatbek Boronov appointed as Prime Minister, government members approved
- 24th Meeting of the FSDC Sub-Committee over Video Conference
- Air-Venti’: Mumbai gets app for real-time information on ICU beds, ventilators
- Bose-Einstein Quantum “Fifth State Of Matter” Seen For 1st Time In Space
- Indian Armed Forces to participate in Victory Day Parade in Moscow
- Napoli beat Juventus on penalties to win sixth Italian Cup
- Vera Lynn, singer and British forces’ ‘sweetheart, passes away
- Veteran economist, ex-IAS officer BPR Vithal Baru passes away at 93 in Hyderabad
DAILY CA 21st & 22nd JUNE
- National Reading Day- 19th june
- International Yoga Day– 21st june
- International Father’s Day- 21st june
- World Music Day- 21st june
- World Hydrography Day- 21st june
- PM Modi launches Rs 50,000 cr Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan for migrant workers
- Niti Aayog forms panel to develop job platform for migrant labours
- Decarbonising Transport: International Project to Develop Pathway to Low-CO2 Mobility for India
- France commits 200 million Euros for India’s Covid response
- One billion children experience violence every year as countries fail to protect them: UN report
- Exim Bank extends USD 20.1 mn credit line to Nicaragua govt
- Yes Bank partners Affordplan to launch co-branded cashless healthcare card
- Amazon to host Small Business Day on June 27 to help SME sellers
- Hyundai Motor India partners with HDFC Bank to offer online car loans on Click to Buy
- Biocon ties up with DKSH to distribute 7 products in Singapore, Thailand
- Jharkhand to launch job guarantee scheme for urban poor
- NGT imposes Rs 10 lakh fine on Karnataka government over pollution in Bengaluru’s Kithiganahalli Lake
- MP: Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company starts Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment
- National champion Niki Poonacha elected to ITF panel
- Tata Sons’ Chandrasekaran re-nominated to RBI central board
- Indian officials attend virtual EAG plenary meet in June
- Mukesh Ambani 9th among top-10 richest men
- India becomes 12th largest holder of US govt securities
- RIL 57th most valuable firm globally by market-cap; Saudi Aramco tops chart
- Annular solar eclipse with majestic Ring of Fire, witnessed in several parts of India
- Prof Kirk Smith passes away
- Iraqi football legend Ahmad Radhi passes away after battling COVID-19
- Legendary Indian left-arm spinner Rajinder Goel passes away
- Ex-Indian kabaddi player Ilaiah passes away