Important Weekly Current Affairs PDF Download (8th to 14th April)
Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd Week of April 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd Week of April 2018
1) Every year April 8th is celebrated as – International Romani Day.
2) Indian Railways introduces new machines for – Mechanised Track Maintenance.
3) Government bans imports of – Hormone Oxytocin.
4) IHHC sets up first ICU simulation lab to – Train Nursing Staff.
5) The country which has activated its first marine unit since World War Two is – Japan.
|Prime Minister||Shinzo Abe|
6) UAE and Malaysia concluded joint military exercise – “Desert Tiger 5”.
7) India, Korea to ink pact for provide – Indian seafarers employment on over 500 Korean ships.
|South Korea Capital||Seoul|
|Prime Minister||Moon Jae-in|
8) Name of the mobile app launched by Tamil Nadu government for farmers is – Uzhavan.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
9) Ganga Hariteema Yojana launched in 27 districts of – Uttar Pradesh.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
10) Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurates second Mega Food Park of – Uttarakhand.
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Krishan Kant Paul|
11) Kerala Govt to launch ‘community radio’ to update – Farmers.
12) Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb launches state component of PMKVY in – Agartala.
13) Assam Spring Festival organised at – Manas National Park.
14) The Bank which has launched IoT-based customer service app – Indian Overseas Bank.
15) India, World Bank sign US$ 420 million project agreement to benefit farmers in – Maharashtra.
16) RBI switches back to GDP model from GVA model to – Measure Indian Economy.
17) FPI investment limit in Govt Securities hiked to –5.5%.
18) The state which has awarded ‘State of the Year’ is – Chhattisgarh
19) IAF to conduct Exercise Gaganshakti 2018 along – Pakistan, China borders.
20) The Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for 2018 is being awarded to – Anushka Sharma, Thamana Bathiya, Ranveer Singh.
22) The city which tops in 4G connectivity among 20 largest cities is – Patna.
23) Indian tennis ace Leander Paes won – Davis Cup.
24) Noted Assamese film-maker Munin Barua passes away.
25) Former BSF DG Rammohan has passed away.
26) World Homoeopathy Day is celebrated every year on – 10th April.
|Theme||“Innovate: Evolve; Progress: Exploring Science since 40 years”.|
27) Prime Minister of Nepal KP Oli is on a three-day official visit to India from – 6th – 8th April 2018.
|Prime Minister||KP Oli|
28) State Government has decided to launch its own app-based taxi service is – Goa.
29) Kerala issues protocol to confirm – Brain death cases.
30) State Bank of India (SBI) will be investing a total of Rs 80 billion in the 900 megawatt (MW) Arun III hydropower project of – Nepal.
31) Number of public sector banks placed under RBI’s PCA Framework is – 11.
32) Reliance Infrastructure Ltd wins Rs 1,081 crore contract for – Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project.
33) President Ram Nath Kovind concludes visit to Equatorial Guinea with – 3 MOUs.
|Equatorial Guinea Capital||Malabo|
|Prime Minister||Francisco Pascual Obama Asue|
34) President Ram Nath Kovind signed two agreements signed with – Swaziland.
35) An international conference on ‘Water, Environment and Climate Change: Knowledge Sharing and Partnership’ started in – Kathmandu, Nepal.
36) President of Nepal Bidhya Devi Bhandari inaugurated an International Conference on Human Rights in South Asia in – Kathmandu.
37) 8th Theatre Olympics concludes in – Mumbai.
38) ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ launched to Support – Farmers.
39) Ashok Gehlot appointed as member of – Congress central election pane.
40) Christian Sewing is named as the Chief Executive officer of – Deutsche Bank.
41) The UN World Tourism Organization said it has appointed FC Barcelona’s Argentine star Lionel Messi as an ambassador to promote responsible – Tourism.
42) The Bahrain Grand Prix has won by – Sebastian Vettel.
43) Chennai Super Kings Matches to be shifted from Chepauk to Pune Because of Cauvery Water Dispute.
44) Intra-state e-way bill to be rolled out in five states from – April 15.
45) Name of speakers launched by the Google in India is – Google Home and Home Mini.
46) Transgender to be recognised as independent gender category in – PAN.
47) Haryana Government launches Water ATM policy for – Urban Areas.
|CM||Manohar Lal Kathar|
|Governor||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
48) J&K Bank launches special financing scheme ‘Add on Working Capital GST’ for – Industrial Units
49) SBI Launches its Subsidiary in 225 Mn Pounds Capital with – UK.
50) According to ADB India’s GDP is – 7.3% this financial year, 7.6% in Next says.
51) SBI to invest Rs 80 Bn In Hydropower Project Of – Nepal.
52) Eighth Regional 3R Forum in Asia and Pacific was held in – Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
53) Andhra CM Naidu inaugurates ‘Happy Cities Summit 2018’ in – Amravati.
54) Conference of Lieutenant Governors and Administrators of UTs to be held at – Megapode Resort, Port Blair.
55) India and Vietnam MOU on – Security and counter-terrorism cooperation.
|Prime Minister||Tran Dai Quang|
56) India, Bangladesh sign six MoUs including – 129.5 km oil pipeline deal.
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
57) India to hold next round of FTA talks with – Peru.
58) India Signs MOU with World EXPO 2020 – Dubai.
59) Manu Bhaker will be the brand ambassador of – Haryana’s Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign.
60) AIIMS professor Balram Bhargava appointed Director General of – ICMR.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||Delhi|
61) Ban Ki-moon elected as Chairman of – Boao Forum.
61) M Sathiyavathy took charge as member of – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
|UPSC Headquarters||New Delhi|
62) Rishad Premji appointed as – Nasscom chairman for 2018-19.
63) 10th DefExpo India Begins In – Tamil Nadu.
64) Asia Cup 2018 has shifted from – India to UAE.
65) Vice President of India Releases Books – ‘Sarvapriya Atalji’, ‘Jannayak Atalji’ and ‘Atal Jeevan Gatha’.
|Sarvapriya Atalji||Suresh Chand|
|Jannayak Atalji||Kingshuk nag|
|Atal Jeevan Gatha||Vijai Trivedi|
66) World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day is annually observed on – April 12.
67) UAE approves issuance of Law on – Equal Wages, Salaries for Men & Women.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|President||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
68) Maharashtra govt announces cash prizes for those who bagged medals in – CWG 2018.
69) UP cabinet nod for integrated sugar complex in Pilibhit, Tiger Conservation Foundation in – Dudhwa.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
70) World’s largest solar park to come up in – Gujarat.
|Governor||O P Kholi|
71) Yes Bank forms tie-up with – Euronet India.
72) Indian Consortium and Saudi Aramco Sign MoU for Ratnagiri Mega Refinery in – Maharashtra.
73) India-Timor Leste sign MOU in field of – Public health.
|Timor Leste Capital||Dili|
|Currency||East Timor centavo coins|
74) Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport ranked among World’s Top 20 – Busiest Airports.
75) Commonwealth Trade Review 2018: India top recipient of – Commonwealth FDI.
76) Name of the project that FSSAI launches to address vitamin D deficiency amongst youngsters – Dhoop
77) Rank of India in Index of Economic Freedom – 130.
78) Mahindra group ties up with Japanese firm for amphibious aircraft – ShinMaywa US-2.
79) ISRO launches navigation satellite – IRNSS-II from Sriharikota.
80) Who Becomes World No. 1 Badminton Player – Kidambi Srikanth
81) Chennai Super Kings matches moved to Pune.
82) Government sets up committee to review the enforcement of – CSR provisions.
83) IIT-Delhi installs India’s first – 5G lab.
84) PM to inaugurate Dr. Ambedkar National Memorial at – Alipur Road in Delhi.
85) World’s first long-distance electric bus line to begin in – Paris.
86) Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal pledges to serve the farmers on priority under – APART project.
87) NABARD to expand its long-term lending to – Rs 80,000 crore in FY19.
|Chairman||H K Bhanwala|
88) AIIB decides to invest $140M to improve – Rural Connectivity in India.
89) Chandra Shekhar Ghosh re-appointed as MD & CEO of – Bandhan Bank.
|Bandan Bank Headquarters||Kolkata|
|MD & CEO||Chandra Shekhar Ghosh|
90) 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) Ministerial Meeting held in – India
91) Late Veteran Actor Vinod Khanna Awarded – Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
92) Siddhartha Varadarajan will receive the Shorenstein Journalism Award for 2017 at – Stanford University.
93) The 65th National Film Awards were announced in Shastri Bhawan – New Delhi.
|1.||Best Anthropological film||Name Place Animal Thing, Slave Genesis|
|2.||Best Critic on Cinema||Girdhar Jha (Swarn Kamal)|
|3.||Special Mention||Mhorkya (Marathi), Hello Arasi (Oriya), Take Off (Malayalam), Newton (Hindi)|
|4.||Best Ladakhi Film||Walking With The Wind|
|5.||Best Jasari Film||Sinjar|
|6.||Best Tulu Film||Paddayi|
|7.||Best Odiya Film||Hello Arsi|
|8.||Best Kannada Film||Hebbet Ramakka|
|9.||Best Hindi Film||Newton|
|10.||Best Bengali Film||Mayurakshi|
|11.||Marathi Film||Kachcha Limbu|
|12.||Best Malayalam Film||Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum|
|13.||Best Telugu Film||Ghazi|
|15.||Best Tamil Film||To Let|
|16.||Best Gujarati Film||Dhh|
|17.||Best Action Direction||Abbas Ali Moghu for Baahubali 2|
|18.||Choreography||Ganesh Acharya for ‘Gori Tu Latth Maar’ for Toilet – Ek Premkatha|
|19.||Best Special Effects||Baahubali 2|
|20.||Best Music Director||Kaatru Veliyidai|
|21.||Best Background Score||Mom|
|22.||Special Jury Award||Nagarkirtan|
|23.||Best Lyrics||JM Prahalad for Muthuratna song|
|24.||Best Make Up Artist||Ram Rajjak (Nagarkirtan)|
|25.||Best Production Design||Santhosh Raman (Malayalam movie Take Off)|
|26.||Best Screenplay (Original)||Sajeev Pazhoor (Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum)|
|27.||Screenplay Writer (Adapted)||JAYARAJ (Bhayanakam)|
|28.||Best Dialogues||Sambit Mohanty (Hello Arsi)|
|30.||Best Cameraman||Nikhil S Praveen|
|31.||Best Playback Singer||Shashaa Tirupati for Kaatru Veliyidai.|
94) Sripriya Ranganathan appointed as the next Ambassador of India to – The Republic of Korea.
95) Bhanu Pratap Sharma appointed as chairman of – Bank Board Bureau (BBB).
96) NHAI signs agreement for its First International Project with across – Indian, Myanmar and Thailand
97) AAI signed MOU to develop Myanmar’s – Kalay Airport.
98) Jayant Sinha to head Task Force for – UAV technology.
99) The head of the task force for fast-tracking Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technology – Jayant Sinh.a
100) Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh launched the web-based application – ‘e-FRRO’
101) The country which has launched cloud platform for its scientists – China.
102) The country which bans all new offshore oil exploration – New Zealand.
|New Zealand Capital||Wellington|
103) The state government that has approved new rehabilitation policy for slum dwellers – Haryana.
|CM||Manohar Lal Khattar|
|Governor||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
104) World Bank approves $55mn for the project in – Bangladesh
105) The organisation that has ties up with CSC to promote MSEs in 115 districts is – SEBI.
106) RBI has tightened reporting norms for – Liberalised Remittance Scheme.
107) ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank repository participants for – NERL.
108) Jio join hands with which company to accelerate digital transformation – Sodexo.
109) Tamil New Year is celebrating on the first day of the Tamil month – Chithirai.
110) Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrating on – 14th April.
111) India, Russia sign seven MoU at – Defence expo
112) PM Modi Launches Largest Health Care Scheme On – Ambedkar Jayanti
113) India Mobile Congress 2018 to be held between – October 25-27.
114) US, Britain and France launch military operation against – Syria.
115) The player who has become first player to represent seven teams in IPL – Aaron Finch.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Apr 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Apr 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Mar 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 28th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|