Dear Aspirants, English Language is an important section for all the competitive exams that occupy an inseparable part. Generally, most of the candidates have lost their marks in this section. This is due to the unawareness of the english section on how to prepare smartly. English section is nothing but it needs to be strong in basic grammar, vocabulary and reading skills. If you are having those skills surely you will score good marks in the examinations. But even though you have the skill, you must practice it regularly then only it will be retained with you. So for your practice purpose, here we have given the questions based on the english language. We have tried to cover all the topics under the latest updated syllabus and exam pattern.
Direction (1-5): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) Can you imagine (a)/ that she has thirty (b)/ five pair of shoes. (c)/ No Error (d)
2) Mr. Gupta with his wife (a)/ and younger brother (b)/ were present at the station. (c)/ No Error (d)
3) Rajni is planning to settle (a)/ in Mumbai as soon as (b)/ she retires in August the next year. (c)/ No Error (d)
4) I was born (a)/ on 14th July, 1990 (b)/ in Allahabad. (c)/ No Error (d)
5) Not only we saw (a)/ the President but also (b)/ the Chief Minister of Delhi. (c)/ No Error ((d)
Direction (6-10): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
6) Cancer has long been identified as a silent killer because the patient has no _____ of the danger freely invading his system.
7) He gave me an additional _____ of Rs 800 a month by permission of the manager.
8) ViratKohli _____ another feather to his cap by his wonderful performance in the T20 World Cup.
9) The assistant manager decided to resign when she was _____ for promotion to deputy manager.
(a) passed over
(b) passed off
(c) passed by
(d) passed out
10) If Neha persists in telling lies to me I shall sue her _____ slander.
1) Answer: C
It should be “pairs of shoes” because pair is a countable noun.
2) Answer: C
Use ‘was’ in place of ‘were’.
3) Answer: C
When we’re talking about the future we say ‘next year’. ‘The next year’ is like ‘the following year’ when there are two years or more.
4) Answer: B
The correct date format is “month date, year”. Thus “July 14th, 1990” should be written.
5) Answer: A
In first part of the sentence “not only” should be used before “the president” because “but also” is followed by “a noun”, then “not only” should also be followed by a noun.
6) Answer: A
7) Answer: C
allowance means the amount of something that is permitted, especially within a set of regulations or for a specified purpose.
8) Answer: C
9) Answer: A
passed over is a phrase which means to give something to someone at a farther point.
10) Answer: C
|Check Here to View SSC CGL / CHSL 2021 English Practice Questions|
|Day – 23||Day – 22||Day – 21|