SSC CGL Study Material 2021: SSC CGL Study Material PDF free download is given here in detail for your reference!!! Aspirants who are going to attend the SSC CGL exams shall refer to this article fully and get the best study material for SSC CGL exams.
SSC CGL Exam Date 2021
|Notification Release Date||29th December 2020|
|Online Application Starts on||29th December 2020|
|The Final Date for the Submission||31st January 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Application Status||May 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card 2021||May 2021|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2021 Tier-I||May 29 to June 7, 2021 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result||July 2021|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2021 Tier-II||Notified Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam Date||Notified Soon|
Importance of SSC CGL Exam Preparation:
Generally, the SSC CGL exam is conducted for Graduate Level. The Exam requires a high level of preparation to get a good score. So candidates have to follow the SSC CGL preparation strategy to attain the cut-off marks prescribed by the recruitment committee. This article can assist you in various paths like SSC CGL Study Material 2021 PDF, SSC CGL Books. So aspirants kindly go through this session fully and get excellent guidance from our professional experts. After finishing your preparation start practicing your SSC CGL Mock Test to test your ability and rectify your errors. Before starting your preparation candidates have to refer to the updated syllabus and exam pattern to get a clear path on your preparation. So for that here we have given that in detail for your reference.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2021:
|Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Pattern 2021
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes
(for each Paper)
|II||English Language and
(Finance and Economics)
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be a negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- For Tier-II, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Pattern:
|Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Pen and Paper
|Descriptive Paper in
English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/
Letter/ Application etc.)
- The Paper in Tier-III will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
- In Tier-III, candidates must write their correct Roll Number at the prescribed places on the cover page of the Answer Book. Candidates must also affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book. Answer Books not bearing Roll Number, Signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression shall be awarded zero marks.
- Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity e.g. name, roll number, mobile number, address, etc inside the Answer Book (TierIII). The candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks even if marks are awarded during the evaluation process.
In the Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.
Important Tips for How to crack SSC CGL in 1st Attempt
SSC CGL Study Notes 2021 Important Topics:
Basically the SSC CGL Tier-I exam consists of 4 topics namely
(i) Quantitative Aptitude
(ii) General Intelligence & Reasoning
(iii) English Comprehension
(iv) General Awareness
Under these major 4 sections, there will be a lot of subtopics. The questions have been asked from these subtopics. So candidates have to clear in your SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus to get clarity on your preparation process. Here we have given the SSC CGL Study Notes 2021 PDF for each section to enhance your preparation. Make use of it.
SSC CGL Study Notes 2021:
This section is designed in such a way to test the candidate’s calculation and problem-solving skills. Based on that the topics are given. So candidates have to enhance your problem-solving skill by practice the various possibilities of questions. Some of the important topics are whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, etc.
Candidates have to be strong in their basics on each topic then only they can move forward to the next level of preparation. For your reference here we have given the basic study Material for SSC CGL 2021.
SSC CGL Study Material PDF:
General Intelligence & Reasoning
This section is used to test the verbal and non-verbal abilities of the candidates. It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This section may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
Some of the General Intelligence & Reasoning SSC CGL Study Notes 2021 PDF topics are
Check Here for More Reasoning Study Notes for SSC CGL Exam
SSC CGL Study Material 2021:
Candidates‟ ability to understand correct English, his/their basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part-C will be of 10th standard level.
The Candidates can find the English section consists of the reading comprehension questions. Most of the reading comprehension has been extracted from the English newspaper & magazines. If candidates are having the habit of reading practice daily, then they will get fluency in the English language and it is easy to answer the questions without any doubt.
SSC CGL Study Notes 2021 PDF:
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and
experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research. Some of the topics are
- Cabinet Ministers in India
- The Indian States & Important Questions
- Wild Life Sanctuaries
- List of Dams
- List of Nuclear Power Plants
Check here the Expected GK Questions for SSC CGL Exams.
SSC CGL Study Notes PDF:
- Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Dispersion
- Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis
- Correlation and Regression
- Probability Theory
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions
- Sampling Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Analysis of Variance
- Time Series Analysis
- Index Numbers
Study Notes for SSC CGL:
Paper-IV: General Studies-Finance and Economics
Part A: Finance and Accounts
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Basic concepts of accounting
Part B: Economics and Governance
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility.
- Finance Commission-Role and functions.
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics.
- Theory of Demand and Supply.
- Theory of Production and cost
- Forms of Market and price determination in different markets.
- Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India
- Money and Banking
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
For the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax): Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer.
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT):
The Commission will hold Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), comprising of three modules: (i) Word Processing
(ii) Spread Sheet
(iii) Generation of Slides
SSC CGL Books:
Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude:
|Advance Maths||Rakesh Yadav|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M Tyra|
|SSC Elementary and Advanced Maths||Kiran|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Dr. R.S Agarwal|
|NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11|
SSC CGL Books for Reasoning:
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr. R.S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K. Gupta|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
SSC CGL Books for General Awareness:
|Manorama Year Book|
|General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|NCERT Books of Class X, XII- History, Geography, Economics|
SSC CGL English Books:
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||H M Prasad|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|A Mirror of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh|
|Objective General English||SPBakshi|
SSC CGL FAQs
Q. What is the best SSC CGL Study Material for Quant?
A. You can refer to R.S.Agarwal’s book for Quantitative aptitude. Along that refer free study material pdf for SSC CGL available on IBPSguide.com. Practicing with online mock tests is also very important.
Q. How can I download Free SSC CGL Study Material?
A: Just visit the IBPSguide study material page. Click on download. Enter your Login details and get the free PDF.
Q. When will SSC CGL 2020-21 notification come?
A: As per the latest SSC Calendar, SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification would be released in December 2020.