SSC MTS 2021: SSC MTS 2021 Notification pdf has been releasedb exam is to recruit candidates for the Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) vacancies. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the recruitment process for the selection of Group ‘C’ non-ministerial, non gazetted posts in several government departments. Here we have provided you complete details about the SSC MTS 2021 recruitment exam.
SSC MTS 2021 – Recruitment Details
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Safaiwala, etc.
SSC MTS 2021 – Important Dates
This tentative schedule contains expected SSC MTS 2021 exam dates. Check the table for reference.
|SSC MTS Exam Events||SSC MTS Exam Dates|
|SSC MTS Notification Release Date||05th February 2021|
|SSC MTS Online Registration Process Starts||05th February 2021|
|Last date and time for receipt of the online application||21st March 2021|
|Last date for making an online fee payment||23rd March 2021|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||25th March 2021|
|Last date for payment through Challan||29th March 2021|
|SSC MTS Exam Dates (Paper I)||1st July to 20th July 2021|
|SSC MTS Paper I Result||August 2021(tentative)|
|SSC MTS Exam Dates (Paper-II)||21st November 2021|
SSC MTS Apply Online
- SSC MTS Recruitment application should be submitted in the online mode.
- Applicants register the details in the first step.
- Then open your SSC MTS 2021 online application form with your login credentials.
- Applicants should fill every mandatory field in a clear manner. Otherwise, you cannot submit the application form.
- Submit all the documents that are required in the correct format.
- Submit your application and pay the fees.
The SSC MTS 2021 application fee details are here.
- PWD / SC / ST / Ex-servicemen / Female candidates – No Application Fee.
- Application fee for other candidates – Rs.100.
After applying the aspirants can check their application status in the linked article.
SSC MTS 2021 Vacancy
In the SSC MTS 2021 official notification, you can check the details of the total vacancy, category-wise vacancy, and the vacancy for each post. The SSC MTS 2019 vacancy was 7099. The vacancy is an important factor that will decide the completion level, cut off, etc.
SSC MTS 2021, the number of vacancies can only be released after the release of the SSC MTS 2021 Notification, but we can determine the number of Expected vacancies by the number of previous year vacancies.
The following table contains the number of vacancies for SSC MTS 2019, they are divided into age and other categories.
SSC MTS 2019 Total Vacancies
SSC MTS Eligibility
The SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria includes,
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
A Candidate must be either of,
- An Indian citizen or Bhutan citizen or Nepal citizen. (or)
- a Tibetan Refugee (visited India before the 1st of January 1962 for permanent settling).
- a person of Indian origin (migrated from East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India).
All candidates (except Indian citizens) should have an eligible certificate, as provided by the government.
As per SSC MTS Eligibility criteria, The Age limit for eligible candidates is as follows:
Candidates willing to apply for SSC MTS 2021-21 must not be less than 18 years old and not more than 25 years old
- SSC MTS Exam Lower Age Limit – 18 years
- SSC MTS Exam Upper Age Limit – 25 years and 27 years
Further, Age Relaxation is also given to reserved categories such as ST/SC/PWD, etc. The following table contains the Age Relaxation given to each reserved Category according to SSC
|Pwd||10 Years, OBC – 13 years, SC/ST – 15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years, OBC – 6 years, SC/ST – 8 years|
|J&K Domiciled||3 years, OBC – 8 years, SC/ST – 10 years|
|Widows /Divorced Women /Women who are judicially separated but not remarried||Up to 35 years, OBC- Up to 38 years, SC/ST – Up to 40 Years|
|Defence Personnel||3 years, OBC – 6 years, SC/ST – 8 years|
As per SSC MTS Eligibility criteria, The Educational Qualification required for eligible candidates is as follows:
A candidate applying for SSC MTS 2021 is required to pass Matriculation or its equivalent Exam from a recognized State Board or University or Institute as of August 1, 2021.
- In case any candidate does not possess the qualifying examination certificate before the closing date of the application form, that candidate will not be permitted to apply for SSC MTS Exam.
SSC MTS Salary
The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff in Pay band-1 (Rs 5200-20210) + Grade Pay Rs 1800. (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC: Pay Level in Pay Matrix – Level-1), a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries / Departments / Offices of the Government of India, in different States / Union Territories.
The SSC MTS salary in hand after the 7th pay commission is clearly available in the table. For cities of different tiers, the salary structure is given with the basic pay and allowance.
|SSC MTS Post||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)|
|City (Category)||X (Tier 1)||Z (Tier 3)||Y (Tier 2)|
|DA on TA||–||–||–|
- HRA – House Rent Allowance
- DA – Dearness Allowance
- TA – Travelling Allowance
- NPS – National Pension System
- CGHS – Central Government Health Scheme
- CGEGIS – Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme
SSC MTS Perks & Benefits:
The SSC MTS salary in-hand 2021 is available after a few deductions. The deductions include income tax, gratuity, Employee’s Provident fund, etc.
Apart from the SSC MTS grade pay scale level 2021, there are certain perks and benefits as follows
- Pension Scheme – The pension scheme will cover complete insurance till death.
- Post Retirement Benefit – Salary arrears, gratuity, Provident Fund, etc.
- Medical Benefits – Medical coverage for staff and their families.
SSC MTS 2021 – Job Profile
The following are mentioned roles & responsibility of the candidates who are selected for the post of SSC MTS have to perform
- General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Carrying of files and papers within the building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.
- Delivering of Dak (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Work-related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists.
- Driving vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Upkeep of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
Career Growth In SSC MTS
In terms of SSC MTS Salary, there are two types of increments provided under the Pay Band-I scheme, i.e. Annual increments and Promotional increments.
- Annual Increments: Annual increments are to be paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the Pay Band and the corresponding Grade Pay.
- Promotional Increments: In order to promote employees in government offices of various ministries, departmental exams are conducted from time to time.At the time of promotion, the grade pay attached to the posts at different levels within the same running pay band changes.
After factoring in all the above aspects, it is pertinent to say that SSC MTS might provide you a decent job with no redundant role play. Along with that, departmental exams upturn one’s official status and salary structure.
SSC MTS Selection Process:
SSC MTS Exam will be conducted in 2 stages.
- Paper I
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Candidates who are preparing for SSC MTS should know the Exam Pattern before starting their preparation.
SSC MTS Paper I
- Paper-I will be conducted for 100 marks.
- Paper I consists of objective type multiple choice questions consists of 4 sections
- Each section consists of 25 marks.
- The time duration for all the sections is about 90 minutes.
- 0.25 negative marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|S.No||Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||25||25||90 minutes|
SSC MTS Paper-II
Paper-II examination is a pen and paper mode. It consists of descriptive paper in English or in any other language described by Government policy. The descriptive paper will conduct the exam for 50 marks. The time duration is about 30 minutes.
|Short Essay / Letter in English or any Language included in 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||30 minutes|
SSC MTS Syllabus
Here we have added the SSC MTS 2021 syllabus topics.
SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
|Simplification||Allegation & Mixture|
|Percentage||Time & Work|
|Profit & Loss||Time & Distance|
|Simple & Compound Interest||Pipes & Cisterns|
|Ratio & Proportion||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
|Problems on Age||Mensuration|
Practice Quant Questions with a FREE SSC MTS Mock Test now
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
|Coding & Decoding||Puzzles on seating arrangement (Circle, Rectangle, Square, Floor)|
|Direction & Distance||Non-verbal reasoning|
|Blood Relation||Verbal reasoning|
|Coded inequalities||Ranking/Alphabet series|
Practice Reasoning Questions with a FREE SSC MTS Mock Test now
SSC MTS English Knowledge Syllabus
|Error Spotting||Passage Writing|
|Reading Comprehension||Para jumbles|
|Idioms and Phrases||Double/Triple filters|
|One word Substitution||Miscellaneous|
Practice English Questions with a FREE SSC MTS Mock Test now
SSC MTS General Awareness Syllabus
|Awards and Honours||Current Affairs|
Practice General Awareness Questions with a FREE SSC MTS Mock Test now
SSC MTS Preparation Tips
Given below is the complete SSC MTS Preparation Tips & Tricks,
- Candidates first note the completely updated syllabus and exam pattern of the SSC MTS 2021 exam.
- Mark your Weak Zones and give high priority to those topics.
- At the same time don’t avoid practice for your strong topics.
- Your preparation plan for the SSC MTS 2021 exam should cover all the areas.
- In your daily preparation, divide your available study time and focus on all the subjects.
- Check SSC MTS previous year cut offs to set your preparation standard.
- As per the weightage, concentrate on each subject and practice Mock tests. So that you can get a good improvisation. Your probability of success will also go higher.
- Make a separate study practice notes for each subject. Use it for revision at regular intervals.
- If you do not allow time for revision at regular intervals, then you will surely feel the exam pressure so high.
- So it is well and good to do regular revision for all subjects.
If you want to be a winner in the SSC MTS 2021 recruitment, follow all these preparation tips without fail. Also, check SSC MTS previous year question papers for reference. Practice more with SSC MTS 2021 mock tests to increase your capacity to score more marks.
SSC MTS 2021 Admit Card:
Staff selection commission SSC will release the admit card 3 weeks prior to the examination. Visit the official web page often to download the e-admit card. The Admit card carries all the important information about exams such as examination date, examination place, candidate’s name, roll number, gender, and other details. And it is mandatory to carry the Admit Card to the examination hall. Download the admit card from the link provided below.
SSC MTS Exam Result:
After the successful completion of both papers I & II, the board will declare the SSC MTS result. The final level of selection will be on the basis of Paper-II. Aspirants can check results on the official website. An applicant needs to log on to the official website to know the result of each examination. Or as an alternate click on the direct link given below for easy access.
SSC MTS Cut Off – 2019
SSC MTS Cut off will be released after finishing the written exam of paper I and II. The recruitment board will decide the cut off marks depends upon the vacancies announced, the number of candidates attended, and the difficulty level of the examination.
SSC Multi Tasking Staff Study Plan:
Candidates everyone should plan their preparation before going to prepare for the examination. Then only you will get an idea about the upcoming examination. Here we are providing an excellent SSC MTS study plan with an updated exam pattern and syllabus. We also provide the previous year’s papers so you will get a clear idea about the difficulty level of an examination.
Here follow the preparation and practice tips for the SSC Exams.
- Use the updated SSC exam syllabus and prepare a study plan.
- Use apt study materials for preparation. For example, if you are preparing for the SSC JE mechanical exam, follow the correct and quality SSC JE mechanical study notes pdf.
- Don’t take a break in your preparation.
- Use mock tests for practice.
- Correct your mistakes in the mock tests and enhance your exam scores.
- If you do not understand any topic or lag knowledge in any subject, then refer to the multiple notes and get clear about the concepts.
SSC MTS Preparation: Important Tips
- Basically, candidates have to follow the L-P-A strategy. It means Learn-Practice-Analyze.
- Candidates have to learn and strong on the basic concepts in each and every topic. Basics act as a strong foundation for your further level of preparation. Then after that by implementing the basics you have to solve the questions and get the exact answers.
- Once you finished your learning process start to practice the questions. Mostly for the practice purpose SSC MTS Mock Test act as a key role to provide you with various possibilities of questions for each topic. By continuously practising with the mock test series that makes you familiar with the real exam. This tends to reduce unwanted stress or nervousness during the real exam scenario.
- After finishing the mock tests you have to analyze the result. The only you come to know your strong and weaker section. Then give more importance to the weaker section that tends to increase your score in the next test.
SSC Multi Tasking Staff Exam Study Materials:
Here we IBPS GUIDE provide you with excellent study materials as per the recent trends with an updated exam pattern and syllabus. We are providing E-books, Online video coaching classes, Mock test packages, Free mock tests, and online study materials. Aspirants can utilize our materials and can upgrade their knowledge for the upcoming examinations.
SSC MTS Books: Reasoning Ability
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Reasoning For General Competition||KD Campus|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
SSC MTS Preparation Books: Numerical Aptitude
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Arithmetic For General Competition Vol 1& 2||Neetu Singh|
|Arihant Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||–|
SSC MTS Preparation Books: English Language
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||SP Bakshi|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||R S Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|English For General Competition Vol 1 & 2||KD Campus|
SSC MTS Preparation Books: General Awareness
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||–|
|GS Set For General Competition by KD Campus||–|
|Arihant General Knowledge||–|
SSC MTS Exam Previous year question paper:
Candidates are eagerly preparing for the upcoming examinations. Preparing by either offline or online mock test practice. But one of the most important things for every exam is to analyze the previous year’s question papers. Because then only you can know the difficulty level of an exam, what type of questions they are asking in each section. Here we are providing the previous year question papers with detailed solutions available in the English Language. Download the previous year’s question paper to know the preparation standard for the real examination.
SSC MTS Free Mock Test:
Aspirants preparing for the PO examination get a trial run for the real exam with the SSC MTS Free Mock Test. The candidates can identify the standard of their preparation level. They can validate their stronger and weaker sections from the exam point of view. The free mock test helps candidates to concentrate more on the weaker sections. After completing preparation for SSC MTS Exam, take the free mock test that is in the standard of the real examination.
SSC MTS Mock Test Series:
The SSC MTS Mock test series are available for both papers. Mock tests are the real test where the candidate can get training to meet the examination. Timing Consumption is more important for every aspirant. With the help of the SSC MTS, mock test series candidates can regulate their time for each section. It makes you more familiar with the questions and brings more confidence in you to meet the examination without panic. Transform all your weakness to strength and shine out in bright colours. Get your desired test series today to enhance your preparation.
SSC MTS Exam Analysis:
The SSC MTS exam analysis is available for both paper I and II. After completing the exam, aspirants get to know the exact exam analysis immediately. It will be useful to understand the overall difficulty level of an examination. We update the latest pattern questions, easiest section, and difficult section everything clearly.
SSC MTS Final Merit List:
SSC will release the final merit list on its official site. Candidates who qualify for both the papers will be on the final merit list. As per the cut-off obtained by the candidates in descending order, the list will be prepared. According to the list, the provisional allotment will provide for the selected candidates.
Candidates can know about SSC MTS Scorecard in the linked article.
SSC MTS 2021 Notification – FAQs
Candidates check the FAQs related to the SSC MTS 2021 recruitment notification.
Q: What is the selection process for SSC MTS 2021 recruitment?
A: The selection process will have 2 stages.
Q: What are the total marks for the SSC MTS online exam?
A: The total number of marks for the online exam is 100.
Q: Is there any sectional time for the SSC MTS exam?
A: There is no sectional timing.
Q: What are the negative marks for the SSC MTS 2021 online exam?
A: For each wrong answer, the minus mark is 0.25.
Q: What are the sections in the SSC MTS 2021 online exam?
A: General Intelligence & reasoning, numerical aptitude, general awareness, and General English.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the SSC MTS 2021 recruitment?
A: 18 to 25 years. (for some posts 18 to 27 years).
Q: I belong to Nepal. Can I apply for the SSC MTS 2021 recruitment exams?
A: Yes, but you should have the eligibility certificate for that.
That is all from us about SSC MTS 2021 Recruitment Exam. Keep checking for all the latest SSC Exam Updates. All the best for your exam preparation.